Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

My apologies - I haven't been updating you guys. Partly because I haven't played all that much, but also because I'm not very good at actually writing interesting updates.

So anyway, Gabriel is level 18, currently sitting at the Inner Cloister waypoint

Reactions: Grisu
Whelp, I have to self-isolate for 2 weeks, so I might as well get another random character going. Can someone roll me up a total random character?

Vildecor's fully random roll
Gryphon, the Spear-wielding Barbarian
4 - Barbarian

Forever skills
3-1 Bash 1-9 War cry (initial reroll)
1-5 Find item
3-9 Whirlwind
2-6 Spear mastery (locked from Normal skills)

Normal skills
3-5 Double throw 3-2 Leap (unusable skill reroll)
3-7 Concentrate
2-10 Natural resistance
1-6 Battle cry

2 Medium armor
5 Great helm
2 Small shield
3 Chain gloves
5 Greaves 2 Heavy boots (initial reroll)
3 Belt

1 Jawbone cap

Weapons
Mastery Spears
11 Wands
Double 1: 2x Spears 1x Wands

4 Spetum 3 Brandistock (initial reroll)
2 Trident
1 Wand

Last edited:
Nice! War Cry with wands is pretty dope, especially if he's lucky enough to get some WC synergies in Hell (assuming he makes it that far).

I'll go ahead and lock Spear Mastery and get him started!

Reactions: Babyhell
Gabriel completed Act 1 last night, and started Act 2. This is the first tournament character I've ever had who didn't find any magic finding gear in act 1. Part of that was that I couldn't gamble chain boots or chain gloves until a fair bit later than a character would normally gamble regular boots and leather gloves. In addition, their gamble value is higher than their regular counterparts, so I didn't have as many chances.

No worries though, Act two coughed up the goods!

Ocher Chain Gloves of Chance
Chain Gloves
Defense: 8
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 9
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x7dcb1922
Item Level: 23
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Lightning Resist +16%
13% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Fara sells two socketed Scale Mail, so I shopped two of those. Both are filled with flawed topazes as well. I also gambled a couple of bone helms, as well as a Pike for a desert mercenary:

Beast Scourge
Pike
Two Hand Damage: 17 - 83
Durability: 25 of 25
Required Level: 9
Required Strength: 60
Required Dexterity: 45
Fingerprint: 0x8938815
Item Level: 24
Version: Expansion 1.10+
23% Enhanced Damage
+6 to Maximum Damage
+45 to Attack Rating
+45% Damage to Undead
+70 to Attack Rating against Undead
Adds 1 - 7 Lightning Damage
5% Mana stolen per hit

I always use a prayer mercenary in normal. I don't know why, it's just what I've always done. I decided this time to try a defiance mercenary, partly because I want to try something new, and partly because I have prayer on Gabriel if I want it. I have to say, Defiance plus Holy Freeze is making everything a total breeze thus far. I rushed the cube to make topazes, then cleared out the sewers and called it a session there. I plan to progress more today :)

Gryphon the spear-wielding Barbarian has killed Andariel and travelled to Act II.

tFAWDQE.jpg

I decided not to go single-pass this time around. After quickly clearing Den of Evil with his starter gear, he'd amassed enough gold and stat points to equip a Trident. By the time he made it to the Dark Wood, a self-repairing Jawbone Cap filled out his last empty item slot, which was nice. Ran countess until I had the runes for Stealth, then went straight on to the end. The topaz dropped by Andariel was his very first yellow gem, which I may hold on to and upgrade with gem shrines while I hope for a socketed Jawbone Cap to drop.

I updated my amazon Daphydae with her (RIP) status, as I lost her along with the rest of my characters in the hard drive crash I had a month or so ago.

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     85     WSK 2 Hell             54 (Guardian)
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     84     WSK 2 Hell             45 (Guardian)
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   Jcakes            Rurisk               Pal     73     Rogue Encampment H     30
     Vang              Avenged              Dru     64     River of Flame NM      25 (RIP)
     Vang              Eli                  Bar     53?    Spider Forest NM       22 (RIP)
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     57     NM Kurast Docks        24
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     48     Stony Field NM         19 (RIP)
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     49     NM Dark Wood           18
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     47     Rogue Encampment NM    18 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    18
     Jocular           TheGoldenCalf        Ass     48     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Aergh                Nec     31     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shiv                 Asa     46     Rogue Camp NM          15 (RIP)
     QueenEm           Groot                Dru     45     Rogue Camp (NM)        15
SP   logoutzero        Odin                 Bar     48     Worldstone Keep 2      13 (RIP)
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     28     Arreat Plateau         13 (RIP)
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
SP   Babyhell          BrianTribute         Dru     27     Canyon of the Magi      4 (S&E vs Duriel)
     queenEm           MightyTexan          Bar     24     Far Oasis               3
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
     Vildecor          Gryphon              Bar     15     Lut Gholein             3
SP   logoutzero        Swedish_Royalty      Ama      1     Rogue Encampment        0
     intersilva        ?                    Ama      1     Rogue Camp              0

Reactions: Vang and Babyhell
Well my Magi Summoner has vanquished up to Duriel in NM. He took a while to kill, but wasn't too bad. I'm still rocking my Barbarian Mercenary as I feel he is fast enough to led the charge when need be. My power is slowly going down as I am not adding enough skills and still have yet to find a single demon head, so I'm rocking a prismatic defendor!

Literally forgot to take a Screenshot of killing duriel

Zorg lvl53 summoner preparing for the jungle.

Swamigooonikov is nearing the arreat summit for a battle with the ancients at level 44. The journey has been very uneventful, just a lot of repositioning to try and get the merc to attack things rather than stand around. Poison nova is finally doing enough damage to help out on low life monsters, and the skeletons are pretty weak because I have to choose between a + Skeleton Mastery wand or a +Summon Resist wand. I have found 2 demon heads (one magical, one white) and neither offered skills I could use. I did spend 750k on a +1 neccro +3 poison nova +3 lower resist wand. Not that I can use lower resist, but there is hope.

Can someone roll my nm skills please? My 3 are bone armor, raise skeleton, and poison nova. I am going to roll the dice not locking decripiify and hope I get stuff that is more fun to use.

I've finished what I usually consider the first half of Act 2, completing the Horadric Staff. In tournament play, it's probably less than half since I will fully clear both the Arcane Sanctuary and the tombs, but it's a good spot to stop.

I cubed all the rings and amulets I had saved up at level 24, but none of them came up with magic find! Grrrr. That also means I haven't really found any upgrades in this session. My gloves and boots are both 23MF "of fortune", and I don't think it's worth spending more gold to upgrade those right now. I can't use circlets on this playthrough, so I'm waiting for clvl 27 to start gambling for new boots.

Question on that though - I understand ilvl of gambled items, but not qlvl and how it all works with affixes. Can I get chain boots of luck from gambling at clvl 27?

Level 25!

I've finished what I usually consider the first half of Act 2, completing the Horadric Staff. In tournament play, it's probably less than half since I will fully clear both the Arcane Sanctuary and the tombs, but it's a good spot to stop.

I cubed all the rings and amulets I had saved up at level 24, but none of them came up with magic find! Grrrr. That also means I haven't really found any upgrades in this session. My gloves and boots are both 23MF "of fortune", and I don't think it's worth spending more gold to upgrade those right now. I can't use circlets on this playthrough, so I'm waiting for clvl 27 to start gambling for new boots.

Question on that though - I understand ilvl of gambled items, but not qlvl and how it all works with affixes. Can I get chain boots of luck from gambling at clvl 27?

Level 25!
Luck
26-35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Item​
Amulets(26), Boots(26), Circlets(26)

From Arreat Summit, so yes you can, but I believe the ILVL of gambling is at a +4 modifer, so it should be feasible to gamble at 22. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Well Zorg has defeated Mephisto. It was a slow and safe experience except for one NDE from Gloams in the Marsh.

Screenshot169.jpg

Screenshot167.jpg

Now that weapon brings up a choice. I have a crappy weapon on my Barbarian (just a Long sword that deals 7-82 damage) He hits hard and is solid. I'm thinking with that Kelpie (not eth, boo!!) and Holy Freeze I'll slow the bosses down to a crawl with Gumby Golem while it takes my group 5 minutes to kill any boss or hard target.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High