The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

How you responded in the sphere game (the one you talked about and linked to) is how you should have responded. I don't think you were lynched that day in that game. It was like you knew logout was lying but were afraid to tell the truth. I was thinking of an anti-town third party (SK, cult, etc).

Meh, why would I want to do the same thing twice? I really, really didn't think he was mafia and didnt want him lynched so quickly (and put some pressure on later to try and get him to really claim). I do think it was cool he fingered you as scum for it. And sorry for calling you names in the dead thread, heh. Every time I read your posts after you helped lynch me, it sounded like you were Jafar from Aladdin when you had turned into a snake. I hated Jafar.

Same diff (from my point of view). I needed 1 mislynch and it didn't matter to me when it occurred.

edit:
Though due to the mystery lynch rule, I guess it did matter.

I stand corrected: 1-1 :p

That was a fun case to make.

Oh right that was you :(

For the complete record, BA joined the Glory Haulers team and shares a win with the Glory haulers for having won 2 points - meeting his wincon and winning with glory haulers, the meat industry places second with 1 pt for having met their wincon and mafia with 0 points even though I thought gory did a great job holding up to some major destruction of the mafia team. Zokar also receives 0 points, but if he had met his win con would have joined the meat industry.

Boo!

I'm glad town didn't listen to Zokar's idea of a mass name claim. Mafia didn't have fake claims, couldn't talk yet, and didn't have any NK example to emulate. That could have been really, really, really bad.

Not sure anyone cares, but here's my QT:

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/RrYB99F4tAWW

I had a 1 shot role cop and I used it on Zokar the night before he came forward with his name claim *blows smoke out of a finger pistol*

Also some drunk sleuthing (shocking I know).
You were right on with Zokar almost immediately. I was impressed.

I'm a little disappointed that 2/4 vig kills this game were wasted. One was NKed (pyro) and the other was used to double kill Drixx. Gory, did it feel any better to kill him twice since you were forced to kill him once, anyway?

Also too bad Goldtru didn't listen to Gory when he suggested she fake her name claim. Mafia could have won pretty easily from that point I think.

We also didn't anticipate lightning rod + party host until the day we realized what the reward was and what the conditions for that reward was. We immediately realized that Drixx was 95+% sure to get the award. I felt so bad reading the mafia's night actions.

Lightning Rod + Party Host = Best Combo Ever :)
party host + amnesia = worst combo ever, right?

All players can link to their QT if they're interested. Some had some cool thoughts/questions and others didn't use it at all.

Just read through all the roles...bravo on the vanilla ones. All of them were hilarious. I think "E" listener is my favorite.

I probably should have worded it better (since you thought I was scum for it) but it's still a really bad line of thought for any townie to undertake. Basically, you were thinking mafia have 1 and only 1 night action that isn't a NK. That's not a conclusion I would jump to as townie.

No, I expected mafia to have at least 2 night actions (one being a replay), and that they would be preformed by different people. I thought the replayer was an every night deal, although I was wrong on it. So we have 2 scenarios:

1) There was a normal mafia goon - replayer would not submit kill and therefore a second mafia would target Drixx
2) All mafia were power roles - I found it unlikely that if the rest of the mafia were power roles, none had active powers they would submit, and therefore at least 2 mafia would be targeting Drixx

Loved the vanilla joke roles.

I did too. I was even amused by having the role power of tasting like vanilla.

I'm glad town didn't listen to Zokar's idea of a mass name claim. Mafia didn't have fake claims, couldn't talk yet, and didn't have any NK example to emulate. That could have been really, really, really bad.

Yeah, that early of a claim can either hose the mafia or the town, depending on how the game is set up.

party host + amnesia = worst combo ever, right?

All players can link to their QT if they're interested. Some had some cool thoughts/questions and others didn't use it at all.

Not much in mine:
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/hQHbywrGLGg

I didn't expect the mass name claim to work. I figured most people wouldn't actually go for it because it's kinda taboo in a way. W/o anything to fake, mafia are screwed in a lot of games, so mass claims (even just names) takes at least 3 days imo.

edit: I forgot to mention that I absolutely LOVED the fake claim gory came up with

Thank you for the game!

Heh...I tried! :banghead:

Valiantly so.

I didn't expect the mass name claim to work. I figured most people wouldn't actually go for it because it's kinda taboo in a way. W/o anything to fake, mafia are screwed in a lot of games, so mass claims (even just names) takes at least 3 days imo.

edit: I forgot to mention that I absolutely LOVED the fake claim gory came up with

I was obnoxiously against this for selfish purposes obviously, but it would have been killer to the mafia for sure.

I think the Gory saving grace was his sink or swim ability. It just sounded so real (because it was) and fit with the genre...without Drixx bonus and lightning this is a LANDSLIDE mafia win.

I also have some candy and nuts for sale.

2) Give the mafia more access to role block, and less chance-based things.

Is this what the "Pick a number between 1-4" was all about?

We didn't know the rewards. We didn't know the penalties. We didn't know how either were handed out. We didn't know if we could receive either.

Feedback: It's really really really really hard for such a mysterious mechanic to benefit mafia. It reminds of the DreamingGod-like mechanic from RylehExiled's Roles of Madness game. I daresay the lack of information makes this mechanic town favored rather than mafia favored.

Feedback#2: I think it's really really really really fun for mafia to know the details of the rewards/penalties/eligibility/etc and try to put them to good use.

4) Should have named Goldtru's role Triple Bus Driver or something that differentiated her power from a regular bus driver.

I liked the genericness of the role name flips. I don't think details such as 1x or triple decker or odd/even or whatever should be disclosed upon either lynch or rolecop. The ability to lie and fudge makes the game more interesting - for town and mafia.

No, I expected mafia to have at least 2 night actions (one being a replay), and that they would be preformed by different people. I thought the replayer was an every night deal, although I was wrong on it. So we have 2 scenarios:

1) There was a normal mafia goon - replayer would not submit kill and therefore a second mafia would target Drixx
2) All mafia were power roles - I found it unlikely that if the rest of the mafia were power roles, none had active powers they would submit, and therefore at least 2 mafia would be targeting Drixx

I guess I misunderstood your original post then. I thought you were saying mafia wouldn't "risk" exposing a mafia power role as long as a plain goon could submit the NK. To me, it looked like you were saying: "well, Laarz wasn't the hitman since he flipped replay so that means a mafia goon faking a power role also targeted Drixx." I just disagree with that supposition in it's entirety and will do so each and every game it comes up.

Oh, and mafia had 0 repeatable night actions. We had 1 repeatable day action and a collection of X shot abilities.

So was mafia able to use an ability AND be the hit man? I suppose a 4 man mafia team probably needed a little balance edge, but I don't believe that is normally the case.

So was mafia able to use an ability AND be the hit man? I suppose a 4 man mafia team probably needed a little balance edge, but I don't believe that is normally the case.

I wouldn't say it is rare, I've seen it before when there is no dedicated hitman

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High