The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

Hah. So interesting, on the day everyone was after me for not being on the laarz train, I was debating locking him because I was sure I had only counted 5 votes, and thought 6 was needed but then bpc said he was locked, so I assumed I was wrong and just didn't bother voting...and that 5 votes instead of 6 was because of goryani's vigilante shot. I really wonder if things would have dragged on this long if I had been the locking vote on the laarz train.

Oh, and Goryani: So on lightning rod night...did Laarz do a replay and your regular kill, while you did an extra kill with your vigilante shot and the boulder from the previous day?

Now for out Top 10 Eliminations of the day! Here's the first 3!

Number 10: TheFranklin got impaled really good back in Wall Bangers! Left a lovely mess for our MXC custodians!

Number 9: Noodle took a good spill after being murdered in a porta potty, stinking up the MXC Contestant’s Camp for a week!

Number 8: Goldtru went out with style! Screaming at the top of her lungs as she was thrown from one of the obstacles!

but that would mean you were in MYLO unless I was missing something?

Same diff (from my point of view). I needed 1 mislynch and it didn't matter to me when it occurred.

edit:
Though due to the mystery lynch rule, I guess it did matter.

Oh and I believe this is the second time I was in MYLO / LYLO this one went better .... last time I was lynched for leaving the toilet seat up.

I stand corrected: 1-1 :p

That was a fun case to make.

Gory: Pharphis and I had determined beforehand, if there as a tie in the vote, whoever was at lynch first would be lynched. No special mechanics.

With respect, that IS a special mechanic. It dramatically affects how mafia and town should play.

With respect, that IS a special mechanic. It dramatically affects how mafia and town should play.
Don't have much time to talk about a lot of things, but I'm curious what would typically happen if a tie occurred. I don't know if I've seen one, tbh, and came up with what I felt made the most sense

I don't know if I've seen one, tbh, and came up with what I felt made the most sense

This. We weren't sure, so we made a decision and went with it. If we were asked about this, which we were, we would definitely tell you exactly what would happen.

Triple Post!

I have a list of all night actions and their effects. I will post later. Meanwhile the third post of the game has all character info!

With regards to the issue mid-game. The player in question had posted in mafia QT during day and then proceeded to PM their partners during the next day. We found this to be a purposeful violation of the rules, and took necessary actions against it.

Ties result in a no-lynch.

Ties don't happen often, but when they do, it's almost always in the last day phase of the game when mafia force a tie, perform a NK at night and win the game. It's the tie that allows them to win.

Congrats, remaining town players (except for the 5 people left no lynch)!

I don't see how the mechanics of the last day affected anything, Numbers would have voted for who got lynched anyway. Unless he is scum and lying, of course.

I don't see how the mechanics of the last day affected anything, Numbers would have voted for who got lynched anyway. Unless he is scum and lying, of course.

Let's say Jcakes was lynched and night starts with 3 players. I NK someone leaving 2 players left. Game isn't over with those lynch rules. Day starts. The townie votes me before I can post. Mafia lose anyway.

thefranklin said:
Really, I can't believe you guys would believe such a bs statement. Or choose to let Hitler run free a little longer, no biggie. Oh well.

How you responded in the sphere game (the one you talked about and linked to) is how you should have responded. I don't think you were lynched that day in that game. It was like you knew logout was lying but were afraid to tell the truth. I was thinking of an anti-town third party (SK, cult, etc).

Everyone having their own QT is a necessity in games with multiple mods. IMO.
Yeah, the best of WIFOA game was good inspiration for this, and we thought it would be lots of fun.
Thanks for the answer about the tie, thankfully frank makes a good point about what would have happened if I told numbers differently.

For the complete record, BA joined the Glory Haulers team and shares a win with the Glory haulers for having won 2 points - meeting his wincon and winning with glory haulers, the meat industry places second with 1 pt for having met their wincon and mafia with 0 points even though I thought gory did a great job holding up to some major destruction of the mafia team. Zokar also receives 0 points, but if he had met his win con would have joined the meat industry.

There are some things I wish we had organized better in advance, hindsight is cool like that.
1) Not name results from targets: ie) Drixx was Party Host - This shouldn't have happened with the party host thing but BPC and I didn't discuss it. Still, no one seemed to notice and it was really obvious that he was party host, so that didn't affect anything afaik.
2) Give the mafia more access to role block, and less chance-based things.
3) some others that aren't on my brain atm...
4) Should have named Goldtru's role Triple Bus Driver or something that differentiated her power from a regular bus driver.

Things I liked
1) vanilla joke roles. We thought it would be obvious that they were jokes, but ah well. I really enjoyed Noodle's play on D1. Every time he was quoted I laughed a little bit
2) Team system, but we weren't sure if the teams knowing how teams work would lead town to function differently. I wouldn't think it would... but who knows. No one asked, hilariously.
3) I'm a bit mixed on prize system. like others have said, luck based things aren't that fun, but we figured it would lead to some serious discussion as to why people are getting them. Possible fake claim for late game? Mafia chose a number 1-4 each night but weren't told what it was for. I think Gory figured it out at some point but by then no one had received a prize/penalty, so they couldn't capitalize on that information. By not knowing who is targeted for prize/penalty makes this even harder/impossible to use for mafia, anyway. Ah well.

With Skanki/Danny plus some really bizarre joke roles we had some really serious discussion about the importance of names during D1,2 and 3 iirc. That was unintentional and amusing.

Let's say Jcakes was lynched and night starts with 3 players. I NK someone leaving 2 players left. Game isn't over with those lynch rules. Day starts. The townie votes me before I can post. Mafia lose anyway.
I hadn't considered that, but should have. I would have still ended the game with mafia win if nothing could stop the NK. Good point, though. Have that last day whoever votes first scenario leads to issues because of RL timing and stuff, so should always be avoided.

Yeah, the best of WIFOA game was good inspiration for this, and we thought it would be lots of fun.
Thanks for the answer about the tie, thankfully frank makes a good point about what would have happened if I told numbers differently.

For the complete record, BA joined the Glory Haulers team and shares a win with the Glory haulers for having won 2 points - meeting his wincon and winning with glory haulers, the meat industry places second with 1 pt for having met their wincon and mafia with 0 points even though I thought gory did a great job holding up to some major destruction of the mafia team. Zokar also receives 0 points, but if he had met his win con would have joined the meat industry.

There are some things I wish we had organized better in advance, hindsight is cool like that.
1) Not name results from targets: ie) Drixx was Party Host - This shouldn't have happened with the party host thing but BPC and I didn't discuss it. Still, no one seemed to notice and it was really obvious that he was party host, so that didn't affect anything afaik.
2) Give the mafia more access to role block, and less chance-based things.
3) some others that aren't on my brain atm...
4) Should have named Goldtru's role Triple Bus Driver or something that differentiated her power from a regular bus driver.

Things I liked
1) vanilla joke roles. We thought it would be obvious that they were jokes, but ah well. I really enjoyed Noodle's play on D1. Every time he was quoted I laughed a little bit
2) Team system, but we weren't sure if the teams knowing how teams work would lead town to function differently. I wouldn't think it would... but who knows. No one asked, hilariously.
3) I'm a bit mixed on prize system. like others have said, luck based things aren't that fun, but we figured it would lead to some serious discussion as to why people are getting them. Possible fake claim for late game? Mafia chose a number 1-4 each night but weren't told what it was for. I think Gory figured it out at some point but by then no one had received a prize/penalty, so they couldn't capitalize on that information. By not knowing who is targeted for prize/penalty makes this even harder/impossible to use for mafia, anyway. Ah well.

With Skanki/Danny plus some really bizarre joke roles we had some really serious discussion about the importance of names during D1,2 and 3 iirc. That was unintentional and amusing.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Loved the vanilla joke roles.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High