The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

Super Official Vote Count:
Logoutzero (4): Drixx, Moar, Bad Ash, Jcakes

Day ends in 15 hours and 59 Minutes!

ATTENTION TO ALL CONTESTANTS! WE HAVE MULTIPLE ANNOUNCEMENTS!

1) Please be sure to post at least (1) contributive post in the day phase or else you will be Modkilled!

2) Pharphis has cooties!

3) The beefwater has a new addition to it, chipotle sauce!

4) End of Day 2 Story has been updated! Apologies for the delay. We made it extra bloody.

@CG - Once a listener is outed, they're not worth saving ever. A smart mafia team simply lays out a plan to get around the listener spread out over a few posts and then they use that plan so that they can freely talk and what the listener gets is useless to the town. A very smart mafia team would devise a plan to use the listener to gain themselves town cred.

A listener is a PITA for mafia. Having played as mafia against a listener, I know first hand. Planted fake messages and hidden codes and coherent thoughts split up between multiple posts is an absolute nightmare for mafia. Their plans suffer. Their NK choices less effective. Their reads hushed. I've never seen a game with a listener where mafia can freely talk. Most mafia give up trying to elude a listener before too long. As mod of a game with a listener (a super duper powerful listener), and having seen mafia deal with it, or not, I think you know this.

I remember a post by flubbucket saying he shot zokar to prove himself, BA and zokar. I think. Pretend I'm quoting that post.

How does your shot prove any of that?

A listener is a PITA for mafia. Having played as mafia against a listener, I know first hand. Planted fake messages and hidden codes and coherent thoughts split up between multiple posts is an absolute nightmare for mafia. Their plans suffer. Their NK choices less effective. Their reads hushed. I've never seen a game with a listener where mafia can freely talk. Most mafia give up trying to elude a listener before too long. As mod of a game with a listener (a super duper powerful listener), and having seen mafia deal with it, or not, I think you know this.

I must say this is the exact reason I don't think that logout is a listener. We had just discussed as a group getting rid of the entire listening mechanic. I think on night one, the actual mafia would not be concerned about a listener unless warned about one by the mods making logouts claim seem more reliable yesterday and the mafia posts more validated.

For the love of all that is good and holy would someone please cure phars cooties!

*distract noodles so he falls into the beef water*

Beef favoured noodles hmmm

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I must say this is the exact reason I don't think that logout is a listener. We had just discussed as a group getting rid of the entire listening mechanic. I think on night one, the actual mafia would not be concerned about a listener unless warned about one by the mods making logouts claim seem more reliable yesterday and the mafia posts more validated.

We had discussed that, but BipolarFeminist and Phart-piss joked about the game being full of listeners. So I am not sure if we can rely on their not being a listener in this game.

I am not convinced that logout is a listener, but the best thing is that if he is we get a video of Drixx eating his shorts.

@Jcakes - Logout already admitted he's not going to flip town listener. He still maintains that he's town and that his role is essentially the same. I'm preparing for the eating of said shorts (and the painful result of that when the threads make their way through to the other end... had an autistic relative who constantly ate his pajamas as a child and so I'm quite aware that you should NOT eat your clothing), but I'm not above using a technicality should the shock of all shocks come and he is actually some variant of town listener.

@Jcakes - Logout already admitted he's not going to flip town listener. He still maintains that he's town and that his role is essentially the same. I'm preparing for the eating of said shorts (and the painful result of that when the threads make their way through to the other end... had an autistic relative who constantly ate his pajamas as a child and so I'm quite aware that you should NOT eat your clothing), but I'm not above using a technicality should the shock of all shocks come and he is actually some variant of town listener.

So if his role name contains the word listener you will eat it? Just want to make sure we have the ground rules straight :p

on a serious note. I am going to head to bed in a couple of hours. At this stage my vote will stay on logout. There appears to be a lot of lurkers and people not really contributing this day phase.

Bolded. So, basically, you just admitted, that there is at least a chance that I am town? Yet your vote stayed on me?

That's another scum point for you.

But, technicality or not, you are at the very least going to stuff your shorts in your mouth in front of the camera. I will flip at the very least that close.

I'm just happy, that it appears I have finally convinced you that I am not scum. But you are still voting for me. You must want to eat your shorts too! :D:D

I will not be around today until the day phase has probably already ended. I believe BPC is nearly as busy, so you may not get any vote counts. there's a chance I can check from my phone at some point, but I think day should end at the normal time, in just under 8 hours from this post. When day has ended please do not post. I will make an end of day post asap. BPC may also be able to

Bolded. So, basically, you just admitted, that there is at least a chance that I am town? Yet your vote stayed on me?

That's another scum point for you.

But, technicality or not, you are at the very least going to stuff your shorts in your mouth in front of the camera. I will flip at the very least that close.

I'm just happy, that it appears I have finally convinced you that I am not scum. But you are still voting for me. You must want to eat your shorts too! :D:D

Only scum are sure of who is scum and who is not, and only then if it's a single scum team game. We don't have an investigative result on you ... just your outrageously scummy play. I can't be certain. Whichever way you flip, there should plenty of value to the town in seeing the result.

Also, +100 more scum points for attempting to take a joke post directed as an aside response to someone else having a laugh and trying to twist it into something that it's not.

Zokar was the lynch for today since he was a Policy Lynch until Flubb shot him, at which point in the absence of any slips by someone else (and really they don't have to do much to avoid attention with you and Zokar gathering so much) you became the default lynch. Your value to town, even if your claim is completely true, is marginal, at best. Any information you can give will be completely suspect and since you've given off such dramatically mixed signals, you will continue to provide cover for (other) scum as long as you are around.

Even worse, should you continue on in the game and continue to send out mixed signals, you might suck some town power role into outing themselves to confirm your alignment one way or another.

There is, at this point, almost no up side to keeping you in the game, and you haven't provided any compelling reason to do so. The only reason would be if you were actually a confirmed townie, since that's a rare and valuable thing in the late game ... but you're not and I can't imagine how you would end up as such.

It's nothing personal. My first game I actually intentionally got myself mod killed when I was facing the situation you are now because I was (I thought) a Vanilla Townie and prior to that I had only played live mafia, where a town player revealing his card to remove himself as a distraction is considered a good play. I quickly found out that it was not a good play in forum mafia. I bring up the anecdote only to encourage you to stick with it and keep playing. There's a bit of a different rhythm and approach to a forum based mafia game than the live games which I play and which I believe you mentioned that you have played. Stick with it and I think you'll find a nice home among our group here and have loads of fun in the many games to come.

Also, if you are indeed scum as I suspect, kudos to you and your team for monopolizing much of the first 3 days while only really exposing just you. It will be quite difficult for us to come back from this, especially if Zokar goes out anti-town style.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High