[OT]Dueling game test

I'm gonna come right out and say it :

People with long names especially have to be controlled. If they are allowed to gain armor they will be unstoppable late game.

This is confusing. I want numbers to be gone because his name is so stupidly good. But voting for him makes him stronger. and he is already strong enough the way it is.

I'm gonna come right out and say it :

People with long names especially have to be controlled. If they are allowed to gain armor they will be unstoppable late game.

I see 2 ways to do it. Don't vote them so they can not get armor, or have them get few votes so that someone else can actually take them out.

I'll add a new rule. No more than 5 stats per voter can be gained (first 5 vowels count). That should help balance things out a bit.

I made a list of how powerful everyone's votes are:

1. BipolarChemist - 2 Attack, 1 Defence, 2 Initiative Added
2. kestegs <3 - 2 Attack
3. Jcakes - 2 Attack
4. Goryani - 1 Attack, 1 Defence, 1 Initiative
5. Bad Ash - 2 Attack
6. IWantToUseNumbersInMyName - 2 Attack, 2 Defence, 1 Initiative
7. Gwaihir - 1 Attack, 2 Initiative
8. korialstraz - 2 Attack, 1 Defence, 1 Initiative

There is no number of votes that any one player has to receive to go into battle, it is simply which two players have the highest number of votes.

Also no unvoting, so no jumping to votes right away!

And because I was curious:

NameADI
1. BipolarChemist212
2. kestegs <3200
3. Jcakes200
4. Goryani111
5. Bad Ash200
6. IWantToUse221
7. Gwaihir102
8. korialstraz211

Is everyone just unsure about how to move forward? Not sure what there really is to talk about, it's hard to form a strategy when we're all against each other.

Well the best bet is to pit a weak voter against someone with high voting power, like numbers and stack the weaker person against the stronger.

Then the weaker person gains an attribute, so we pit another weak player against them and so on and so forth.

My logic is probably not perfect, as I am at work and phone posting.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Yes, that's the basic strategy that makes sense to me. So we'd need 5 to vote for the low power and 2 to vote for the high power. That's assuming the high power also votes for himself, making 3 votes for himself.

Ya thats what I was thinking.

Well we would only really need 1 vote on high power, plus their own vote.

So what if I just voted myself? I guess it's a risk, if you guys see it as a selfish attempt to gain armor, you can all vote to get someone really strong against me. Hmm. >_>

I'm not sure I understand how the combat works though. Does only the guy with the highest initiative score make an attack, while he recieves no damage in return?

Well the best bet is to pit a weak voter against someone with high voting power, like numbers and stack the weaker person against the stronger.

Then the weaker person gains an attribute, so we pit another weak player against them and so on and so forth.

My logic is probably not perfect, as I am at work and phone posting.

Tactically speaking you're correct. I was looking at the numbers before the game. Without the change TC made to the rules, I had 5 attack 3 defense 2 initiative(because I'm stupid and don't know how to read the letters in my own nick) vs everyone elses COMBINED 10 attack 3 defense 7 initiative. So, all I had to do was wait until the last minute of every day, and post my vote to decide who wins every fight, and I was going to do it the exact way you described. The theory is the same now, just not as swingy as before. I think this game can be solved mathematically without a ridiculous amount of effort, and that we can determine who the inevitable winner is with optimal play from everyones part right now. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Although...randomized armor. The spread on the randomization needs to be dropped imo? maybe 2-5 instead of 2-7? maybe starts at 2, randomized to different attributes, goes up by 1, still randomized to different attributes, per round? I see a 7 drop on the first round essentially making anyone win the game immediately.

@korial
Early on we would want to vote someone with weak voting power and build them up. You have the third highest. I was thinking Kestegs.

I'm not sure I understand how the combat works though. Does only the guy with the highest initiative score make an attack, while he recieves no damage in return?

I think this game can be solved mathematically without a ridiculous amount of effort, and that we can determine who the inevitable winner is with optimal play from everyones part right now. Not sure if that's good or bad.

I don't think this works. My understanding is initiative gives you random seed for each attack, making no battle a sure outcome.

Ex.

P1 has 5 initiative. P2 has 1 initiative. That means each round P1 has a 5/6 chance of being attacker and P2 has 1/6 chance. That does not mean P2 won't get stupidly luck and get 5 attacks in a row to win.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High