Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

So the hard part about figuring out the power of a pump is... the units? The advantage is occasionally the equations you use do not need a factor. Although most of them still do, you just use a different factor. And in engineering the only difference is when you click on the excel cell and look at the top formula bar there are extra numbers in the rare case you need to know what the equation is actually doing...

And the US is always giving handouts or slowing up to let other countries be equal, so NASA is just playing nice. Please tell me the unit of pressure of the metric system? Or the insistence on using mg/kg instead of ppm (when thinking of a concentration, it is not the same thing).

Please tell me the unit of pressure of the metric system? Or the insistence on using mg/kg instead of ppm (when thinking of a concentration, it is not the same thing).
The are many units of pressure in metric, but the SI unit is Pascals. Other popular ones are Atmospheres, Barr, Torr and mmHg. The point being that you can convert quickly, easily and intuitively between them.

Concentration can be in many forms, that you can switch between easily. Generally I just see ppm, but ppm is the exact same thing as mg/kg. Having it in mg/kg simply makes unit conversion simple. I generally use mol/L in the lab, because I'm not working at nano scales.

Metric is great! So easy to convert units, and very intuitive. Imperial is not.

Pressure = Pascals !
So true about hybridisation. Well ,hybrids are okay for most chem students, but even upper year chem students (including myself) struggle with MO (molecular orbital) theory.

So the hard part about figuring out the power of a pump is... the units? The advantage is occasionally the equations you use do not need a factor. Although most of them still do, you just use a different factor. And in engineering the only difference is when you click on the excel cell and look at the top formula bar there are extra numbers in the rare case you need to know what the equation is actually doing...

And the US is always giving handouts or slowing up to let other countries be equal, so NASA is just playing nice. Please tell me the unit of pressure of the metric system? Or the insistence on using mg/kg instead of ppm (when thinking of a concentration, it is not the same thing).

The are many units of pressure in metric, but the SI unit is Pascals. Other popular ones are Atmospheres, Barr, Torr and mmHg. The point being that you can convert quickly, easily and intuitively between them.

Concentration can be in many forms, that you can switch between easily. Generally I just see ppm, but ppm is the exact same thing as mg/kg. Having it in mg/kg simply makes unit conversion simple. I generally use mol/L in the lab, because I'm not working at nano scales.

This. Power having the same units regardless of whether it is heat, electrical or motive makes life a lot easier.

Hmm, I guess I had the mg/kg thing messed up (I guess I was thinking the kg was not the solution when they notate it like that).

The point about pressure is there is not one unit in use. I see a lot of bar, I see a lot of mPa, I see a lot of atm. And they are not intuitive to convert or intuitive to use. I cant look at a number and tell the difference between the three. I think i can only quickly convert MPa and Bar, and that is only if i remember which way to go.

You can quickly convert all of the pressures I listed.

The proper pressure to use is Pascals.Pascals is only a representation of the cumulative units that describe it.

Pascal = Newtons per square meter, Torr = 1mmHg, etc.

To be lazy you can use a table to simply convert between the numbers, but it can be done by simply converting the units. The tables are found in any reputable science textbook or online, where it can be found easily.

PSI is a horrible measure of pressure, despite its popularity. Being pounds per square inch, it is very much like Pascals, with harder to use units.

Mishaps like that happen because people don't use the standard units!

There is literally and International System of Units (SI) that is supposed to be used in Science.

Basically if everyone just used one set of measurement, there would be zero problems!

What I hate is when I buy pants that are the same size as previous pairs but they are ACTUALLY A DIFFERENT FREAKIN SIZE

if you say you are 102cm then be 102cm. STUPID PANTS!

and this is why I don't wear pants.

kegs buys his duct tape by the meter but don't let on, he'll get mad!

English equivalent:
kegs purchases his gaffa tape by the metre but please do not tell him so, he will cop a strop!

Quick conversion for you :nod:

kegs buys his duct tape by the meter but don't let on, he'll get mad!

English equivalent:
kegs purchases his gaffa tape by the metre but please do not tell him so, he will cop a strop!

Quick conversion for you :nod:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

...hahahahahahahahahaha

What is the viscosity of the liquid or the angle of repose?

...if you think about it, all measurements are dumb anyway. Don't you guys still have your original meter stick over in Europe? I know the definition changed to some lame interpretation about the speed of light (imagine trying to check your rulers with that!). Over here we have the official teaspoon (called Obama's Teaspoon) and the official foot. I hope to be the next official foot, it's a perfect 12" long.

...That's what she said.

Something I forgot to point out is officially the foot is defined as 1/3 of a yard. A yard is defined as exactly 0.9144 meters, so your foot is actually derived from SI units :p. It has been this way since the international yard and pound agreement of 1959. In that agreement the pound was also defined as 0.45359237 kgs.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High