Warhammer 40K Mafia Game Thread

You speak as if Guardsmen don't die every day and night when on a hostile world.

This is true, sir, but they don't die like this. Never like the way they did outside those bunker walls.

Nobody slept well that first night. The Outpost seemed to watch us, simply waiting for our guard to be dropped before swallowing us whole into that gigantic, gaping maw it used as a doorway. Yet, still some did sleep, for they talked about vivid, horrible dreams of being eaten alive, tortured by sensuous demons, and wars waged by civilizations that only existed to feed rivers of blood.

We found a half dozen of our number missing. Some had apparently deserted in the evening, though the sentries didn't report anything passing the perimeter. The most cruel were the trio that were dead in their bunks. They had been carved up by something sharp and serrated, and pieces of them were simply unaccounted for. But it was the smiles on their faces that still give me the nightmares. It was as if they enjoyed their deaths; took pleasure in their torture.

"Now you see the nature of our enemy! Now you see what we're tasked with destroying!" bellowed the Commissar. He had a rousing effect upon us, and though the image stayed fresh in our minds, it began to fuel our hatred instead of our fear.

So with that, we marched into Outpost Sixteen to avenge our fallen comrades. We marched into hell itself. We marched to our deaths.

--------------------

Goryani has been killed! He was Guardsman Solomon.

--------------------

Small tangent: If a player has a full PM box, please clear a space. Thank you.

--------------------

Day One has started. It ends in precisely 48 hours, at 5:00 EST Saturday the 31st. With 17 alive, it is nine votes to lock and lynch.

It was a pretty long twilight, and I recall Goryani talking to like almost all the players in all sorts of crazy twilight ways. I will need to re-read to be sure, but I don't recall anything specifically sticking out that would have made him a target.

I got back to the thread after twilight ended, and I recall some question to Gwaihir (I think?) about mentioning the cult thing. I believe in the sign up thread CG said that people might change alignment or win condition (I kind of think of them as the same thing so I'm not sure which way he phrased it) and then the opening story mentioned that the mafia would be interchangeably called chaos and that they were cultists. CG said the story wasn't spoilers, but that may just mean like it doesn't explain the death the way my stories did in the Dark Tower game. I was also a bit concerned about the possibility of a cult given the opening story. I'm not sure asking about it should make Gwaihir look bad. I think that's all I wanted to say from Twilight that I got back too late for.

I don't usually skip reading posts but that twilight was just bad.

I have nothing to add.

(is it just me or when things rhyme do they seem less formal?)

I believe that when CG mentioned the whole alignment change he was referring to something a bit more special an unique rather than a cult type mechanic. I can't be sure about it, this is just my gut feeling.

I believe that when CG mentioned the whole alignment change he was referring to something a bit more special an unique rather than a cult type mechanic. I can't be sure about it, this is just my gut feeling.

You mean like one time convert powers? I have seen those, but they still are cult type mechanics.

Does anyone know enough about the warhammer universe to know what genestealers do?

I've had an annoying recent habit of dying night 1 (I play Mafia elsewhere as well), so it's nice to be alive! :)

You mean like one time convert powers? I have seen those, but they still are cult type mechanics.

Does anyone know enough about the warhammer universe to know what genestealers do?

They steal genes.

Obvious answer is obvious.

I think he's trying to say that he's mafia because he gets killed night 1 when he isn't.

Lol. For awhile I had a string of night one deaths going myself. That's always super unpleasant.

Vote: Bad Ash

Nameclaim plz

I've learned to pay attention when you make a serious looking post. Bad Ash's +1 struck me as just a bit flippant?

Vote: Bad Ash

Nameclaim plz

ACCESS DENIED.

Lol. For awhile I had a string of night one deaths going myself. That's always super unpleasant.

I've learned to pay attention when you make a serious looking post. Bad Ash's +1 struck me as just a bit flippant?

My +1 was I was going to say the exact same thing as the post. Jason is clearly scum or else he'd be dead (not serious, but kind of suspicious)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High