City Mafia Game Thread

Re: City Mafia Game Thread

I just realized I made an assumption here that I didn't put in the post. This is assuming I go first. I actually do think RE is most likely the SK.

I wouldn't worry to much just yet about you going first, RE has a weak role claim with weak support so I put him higher on the food chain right now.

Interesting. I got a slightly different result: role thief, mafia. I highly doubt Pyro and BA were lying, Pyro's explanation makes the most sense, that BA tried to bluff the killers. I also don't actually think you are lying - my bet is the difference comes from the fact you and Pyro acted at the same time and I acted a night later for roles.

I stand by my post from yesterday - Pyro and FoE can not be the SK based on claims I believe. coju and Val both claimed early, which would be a gutsy move for a SK, leaving Gambor or RE as the ones most likely to be a SK. Unfortunately voting history tells us nothing, it will be very hard to tell who the SK is.

Pyro stole his role on the night he was killed and even said he got ninja (#378), since fred killed him on that night he got his original role of ninja (#319), then you check him after he's dead and get his new role of role ninja.

Easy explanation that already laid out in the thread. Stop trying to cause misdirection and cast doubt on other people.

Thought the game ended after all Mafia or town were defeated, with or without sk/special win cons being alive.

I'm honesty not that shocked BA didn't make it through, he was an out spoken threat to the Mafia who was constantly scum hunting. It sucks that he is gone.

Remember smthn someone said: (paraphrased) I wanted to switch town because my original town just had corn and wheat, my new town is all about gunslinging and smthn else.

Gambor said that. Could very, very well mean he is quite capable of killing: either solo, or with his team.

Thought the game ended after all Mafia or town were defeated, with or without sk/special win cons being alive.

I'm honesty not that shocked BA didn't make it through, he was an out spoken threat to the Mafia who was constantly scum hunting. It sucks that he is gone.

Remember smthn someone said: (paraphrased) I wanted to switch town because my original town just had corn and wheat, my new town is all about gunslinging and smthn else.

Gambor said that. Could very, very well mean he is quite capable of killing: either solo, or with his team.

Game continues until all anti-town are eliminated, be it Mafia or SK.

Like I said earlier, a confirmed townie is unlikely to be lynched, therefore an excellent night kill target. Multiple people had him pegged for town which made him a threat, especially with his 50% immunity.

Haha, I'm not sure if thats much to go on, but I guess its possible...This game is about killing though so not sure.

I find slightly weird that Bad Ash was killed. As some mentioned, he wrote that his ability would be up tonight, so I guess the SK has a heightened awareness, realized he was bluffing and acted accordingly. Still, if I were the SK, I would have targeted Gwaihir, because his death would increase suspicion on Fred, almost securing the lynch of another townie today... anyway, I think it was an odd choice. On the other matter, I agree that it's possible that another Mafia is still alive, but it seems unlikely.

Moving on, besides Pyro, I think both Gwaihir and Fred are relatively confirmed, so I will follow you three for voting decisions. That leaves Coju, Gambor and Rlyeh for possible lynches. If it were up to me, I'd go for Coju, but since his claim could be true, we are safer going after the other two.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, if I was SK I definitely would have have gone for Gwaihir, he was the only one that could confirm FoE further so its either really out of place, or poor choice, not sure... definitely something to consider.

Morning lads!

Sorry for the not-so-consistent posting last night..

Thoughts:

I most definitely agree with the choice being between Gambor, Rlyeh and coju. I would be good with both a gambor and a coju (a tad risky maybe - would be great if we could get either RE or Gambor to place the last vote) lynch, but RE still stands out to me. I think it is quite unlikely that the SK would be found between the lowest picks. I gave my other reasons yesterday.

My two favourite scenarios:

We lynch RE

or

We lynch coju, if either RE or Gambor are willing to place the last vote. If not, I'd rather want that we wait a day or two.

What are you guys saying?

Its good to see you back FoE, I think we are pretty much in agreement with the most likely targets, getting one of them to place the last vote may be difficult, but of course if they refuse then we would obviously know we were on the right path. The safest option seems to be to lynch RE directly, also it seems unlikely that the SK would be the lowest picks, but at the same time it also seems unlikely that the bomb would be one of the lowest picks, all very confusing to say the least.

There always is the possibility that Gwaihir could be playing us, but that's very difficult to prove.

You can lynch me if you want, once I'm out of the way and flip town you'll go after the real SK who I'm more inclined to think is Gwahir.

1 - He has a shakey claim, he could easily have this info from other role reveals or making it up
2 - The misdirection thing of going "FoE I got a different result" can be easily seen by reading the thread, yet posting it like that can cause confusion, and doubt on FoE, something that isn't town.

I don't think SK got all the way to Coju, but heh like bad ash said, last pick, just gambit with what you want to play in hopes that everyone else thought it was already gone.

1 kill may seem like Flubb was lying and no mafia left (Role claims indicate no-one could be saved or immune...other than the SK), unless mafia/SK didn't send in a kill or BA was double targeted. At this point erring on the side of caution and beleving there to be 1 mafia left, Flubb could of just been messing with us I know.

Vote: Gwahir

Pyro stole his role on the night he was killed and even said he got ninja (#378), since fred killed him on that night he got his original role of ninja (#319), then you check him after he's dead and get his new role of role ninja.

Easy explanation that already laid out in the thread. Stop trying to cause misdirection and cast doubt on other people.

Did you actually read what you quoted? Put yourself in my shoes. I investigated someone last night and got a different result that the person what previously claimed, I figured this was worth a comment - do you agree? I then say "I also don't actually think you (FoE) are lying - my bet is the difference comes from the fact you and Pyro acted at the same time and I acted a night later for roles." I don't think stating different results and then explaining them is "causing misdirection".

Nope, we need to get rid of all anti-town, which includes the SK.

I find slightly weird that Bad Ash was killed. As some mentioned, he wrote that his ability would be up tonight, so I guess the SK has a heightened awareness, realized he was bluffing and acted accordingly. Still, if I were the SK, I would have targeted Gwaihir, because his death would increase suspicion on Fred, almost securing the lynch of another townie today... anyway, I think it was an odd choice. On the other matter, I agree that it's possible that another Mafia is still alive, but it seems unlikely.

Moving on, besides Pyro, I think both Gwaihir and Fred are relatively confirmed, so I will follow you three for voting decisions. That leaves Coju, Gambor and Rlyeh for possible lynches. If it were up to me, I'd go for Coju, but since his claim could be true, we are safer going after the other two.

So here is what I am thinking, assuming we have no more mafia. We have 7 left right now. Today and tomorrow we lynch RE and Gambor and likely lose 2 (I would bet on two from your list above). If neither of the two top choices are the SK it leaves us with 3 left. At that point we lynch coju - if he is SK, we win, and if he is the bomb we basically get a second of whoever voted him last.

Using this we basically get 4 lynches instead of the 3 we have if coju is town and gets voted earlier.

Gwaihir, you are forgetting that while we are lynching at day, the SK kills at night, so those numbers are a little off. Anyway, the three of you (whom I mentioned I trusted and would follow on votes) seem agree on Rlyeh as a preliminary target, so...

Vote: RlyehExiled

Gwaihir, you are forgetting that while we are lynching at day, the SK kills at night, so those numbers are a little off. Anyway, the three of you (whom I mentioned I trusted and would follow on votes) seem agree on Rlyeh as a preliminary target, so...

Here is my math, starting with 7 now:
7: lynch one, night kill
5: lynch one, night kill
3: lynch coju bomb: one survivor if coju is bomb, win if coju is SK.

This allows us to pick 3 lynches and the bomb trigger for 4.

Otherwise:
7: lynch coju/bomb, night kill
4: either no lynch/kill/lynch or lynch/kill
2: no more lynches

Either way, we only pick 2 lynches and the bomb trigger in this case.

Alright then... Pyro and Fred, do you agree with these order? If so, we could ask Caluin for shorter days; not like there is much to discuss, to be honest. Also, FredOfErik, what's up with your nickname, it's bugging me since forever... is your dad's name Erik, is it a place, are you denoting belonging to a chick named Erika (or a guy named Erik, no offense meant)?

The last day in your scenario makes me worried. If the SK is stll around on that day and coju is NOT the SK, the SK is obviously not going to place the last vote on coju, but then again I guess if whoever they are refuses then coju and the remaining townie can vote them, not sure how that would work...We should continue to discuss until we feel comfortable, Gwaihir and RE are obviously having some conflict here, I'm interested to see how it plays out.

If were going to discuss names and that, Valhauros, whats with your avatar, evertime I look at it, it makes me automatically think your evil.

I've been using this avatar since I found the original image, because it resembled the Doom Guard / Knight model, and it was my favorite video game creature. Valhauros is a poorly made, and modified, combination of the latin words "vallum" (rampart) and "aurum" (gold); I chose it because I played a warrior back in the day and always like to play the defender (but I hate paladins, though) in video games, which is why I always choose tanks (role, not machines) in role playing games.

Haha, hate paladins, nice since my avatar is a paladin...Like the combination of names, but like I said the image just looks evil and in a game like this its not helping me haha. Anyway, to keep this in focus here...

You can lynch me if you want, once I'm out of the way and flip town you'll go after the real SK who I'm more inclined to think is Gwahir.

1 - He has a shakey claim, he could easily have this info from other role reveals or making it up
2 - The misdirection thing of going "FoE I got a different result" can be easily seen by reading the thread, yet posting it like that can cause confusion, and doubt on FoE, something that isn't town.

I don't think SK got all the way to Coju, but heh like bad ash said, last pick, just gambit with what you want to play in hopes that everyone else thought it was already gone.

1 kill may seem like Flubb was lying and no mafia left (Role claims indicate no-one could be saved or immune...other than the SK), unless mafia/SK didn't send in a kill or BA was double targeted. At this point erring on the side of caution and beleving there to be 1 mafia left, Flubb could of just been messing with us I know.

Vote: Gwahir

Both of you have very shakey claims if you consider it, the decision to go for party host with a high(er) bid position and not being a very outspoken player combined with your not so apparent breadcrumb trail makes it difficult to believe you. On the other hand Gwaihir could be playing using already known information or manipulating information to benefit his case, however with that being said, I'm not sure why he would then confirm FoE's claim unless he is trying to build credibility.

Unfortunately where it rests right now this puts you in a higher position to potentially be the SK. Gambor also has a possibility due to a vanilla role claim but since he was the last one to pick its more possible then not that he got vanilla. Valhauros' vanilla role claim could also be suspicious as well but since he claimed fairly early with claiming to try for a role that wasn't previously confirmed it makes him an unlikely suspect.

Both of you have very shakey claims if you consider it, the decision to go for party host with a high(er) bid position and not being a very outspoken player combined with your not so apparent breadcrumb trail makes it difficult to believe you. On the other hand Gwaihir could be playing using already known information or manipulating information to benefit his case, however with that being said, I'm not sure why he would then confirm FoE's claim unless he is trying to build credibility.

True, while role my claim is much shakier than either yours or FoE's, I would think a SK would have played very differently than I have. As I said, I went after you on day one so hard partly because I wanted mafia to second guess claiming roles they took to help themselves. Secondly, yesterday I refused to claim until after flubbs on the chance I could use my info to prove him to be anti-town. If I was the serial killer, it seems unwise to draw that much attention to myself in those situations - In the first one it makes me significantly more likely for me to be investigated if I caused you to be lynched and turned up town. In the second holding off on a claim till last also could have made people suspect me, but I felt it was worth it to possibly catch flubbs in a lie. If I actually was the SK, I could make the same claims as I have doen so far, but I would have played much more under the radar. For instance, the way RE and Gambor have played this game.

On a separate note, several people have said they had doubts the SK role would make it to the bottom of the picking order. I didn't even give the role much thought - it seems like a silly hard role to win with, and the way this is set up makes it even harder to actually win with it. I count 10 roles that could have been picked that could find a SK (although some are less likely to find him than others). Also the earlier you pick it, the more likely that you will be found out by someone picking it later, getting VT, and then claiming quickly.

Alright then... Pyro and Fred, do you agree with these order? If so, we could ask Caluin for shorter days; not like there is much to discuss, to be honest. Also, FredOfErik, what's up with your nickname, it's bugging me since forever... is your dad's name Erik, is it a place, are you denoting belonging to a chick named Erika (or a guy named Erik, no offense meant)?

I'm in for lynching RE today. However I would very much appreciate that either RE or Gambor was around to place the final vote on coju.

RE you didn't comment on this. As stuff is looking now, there's a ppretty big chance you won't survive the day. Would you be willing to place the final vote on coju?

@nickname: Very lame. My real name is Frederik. Simple lack of imagination :scratchchin:

@RE vs. Gwaihir: I consider Gwaihir's claim and general play style (especially confirming me) a lot less scummy than your's. There's no doubt in my mind that I'd at this point rather see you, coju, and Gambor go before Gwaihir.

I do like the way there is talk about the legitimacy of re and gwaih's claims, and y'all talk about lynching them two, then somehow throw my name in the middle of it without hardly even a mention.

I say we either go after those who aren't suspicious one bit. Those who are pulling the horse for lynching another...

With that, I

Sorry coju, the ultimate decision is that your either going to be lynched for the good of the town, or your going to be lynched because your anti-town. Essentially if we mislynch for two consecutive days it comes down to you making the ulitmate sacrifice in order for us to win since its difficult to confirm your claim without you actually dying.

Right now RE and Gwaihir have shakey claims but Gwaihir seems to be making a good argument.
Gambor's claim can't really be confirmed
and well you, your just you :crazyeyes:. No but really your claim also cannot be confirmed without your death. So either you die and take the SK with you, or you die and you are the SK.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High