The "Somewhat Vanilla" forum mafia game.

Re: The "Somewhat Vanilla" forum mafia game.

I can't say I blame you for investigating Gwaihir. Yes hindsight is pretty good of course. There is something very fishy going on here for sure, I really wish I knew what it was.

You say Frozzzen is a target today, BA, what is your reasoning on that?

just lack of confirmed role is reason #1, extremely lurky, not very contributive.

I never submitted the kill. The dealine is 8am my time. Gwaihir hadn't popped into our chat by the time I went to bed. I also kind of forgot...

It's really weird that I'm the only one who seems to be able to kill anyone. And that I haven't been killed. And that neither I nor Gwaihir were targetted last night.

I wish I'd been able to pop in and confirm Gwaihir yesterday morning so you could have made better use of your investigation.

Anyway, we have 4 confirmed townies out of 9 remaining players. Makes it even more puzzling that none of us have been offed. Pig's arse this is a vanilla game of any description. The Doc can't be that lucky.

I wish I'd been able to pop in and confirm Gwaihir yesterday morning so you could have made better use of your investigation.

Anyway, we have 4 confirmed townies out of 9 remaining players. Makes it even more puzzling that none of us have been offed. Pig's arse this is a vanilla game of any description. The Doc can't be that lucky.

Ok, so I have a very nutty theory here. We have a ton of nuetrals. We were unable to get info for 2/3 of the ones that we took out Jason, and we have at least one more with NacRuno. Is it possible that the mafia is acting like a cult? Each night it can kill or recruit. If it hits town, they die. If it hits a recruitable neutral, they join the mafia. Seems super powerful, but we did have a mason group of 4 with a kill power.

I reckon you may be on to something Gwaihir. The Mafia recruiting people in lieu of killing would certainly explain the lack of Mafia kills.

I'm thoroughly confused by this..

Vote: Caluin Graye

Yes, zemaj tunred up mafia, but I can see no reason what so ever to lock him. Also, not sure I buy the wincon thing..

Knowing Gwaihir is pro-town cop confirmed is good too. Now we got a four person voting block, meaning we got a majority.

I don't trust any of this neutral stuff. Caluin, we need your wincon.

Now I really must go to bed..

Also TC didn't mention that someone fulfilled their wincon. He did when Gorny was lynched. I don't buy it, coupled with last day's play:

Pretty much this.

More later when I finish my school stuff.

That makes 4 I believe, although I'm not entirely sure we are going to get any more info out of him.

I'm not sure about this recruiting thing, but it could very well be possible. Doesn't seem like a typical Mafia ability, but more of a neutral or 3rd party anti-town roll that isn't mafia.

Also guys, with so many townies and lack of mafia NK ability, shouldn't we do mass claim? If not today then first thing in the morning. It looks like most cards are on table and last couple would give us *some* insights into how to finish this game?

Screw this, it’s only now that I realized gravity of this situation.

Unvote: Caluin Graye

Long post incoming. We are in LyLo or very close most likely.

First claim: I am one bullet Vig. Pro town. I used my bullet back in early game when we failed to lynch OMG and I shot him. I do regret this decision as he turned out Mason and pro town indeed, however I think this piece of information will be pretty useful to us now.

We are playing game where mafia has no bullets. Instead, we are the one that have bullets, but we don’t have power roles. We don’t have doc. We don’t have cop. We don’t have Bad Ash.

From what I see, only unexplainable kill was WIMZ. Rest was taken care by JM and OMG by me. I suspect there is one more one vig shoter around or JM managed to kill WIMZ, but didn’t get reveal. At any rate, we are playing Bad Ash’s game right now. I have seen it building up scenario vs CG, then already preparing it against me for tomorrow. That CG is mafia, I’m almost sure, but with all those neutrals, I can’t be 100%.

I will take most out of zemaj’s and bob’s blurt – there are two mafia fractions, we are close to lylo. There are two mafia fractions with roles – cop, was probably Bob and now Ashy. It’s fortunate enough that Bob said he was corrupt cop and I could link up everything together.

Now, let’s say that mafia took care off opposing team cop. Bob. They don’t have any killing methods except lynching in this game. Why not taking cop role then? It makes perfect sense.

Ok, it is very possible that it’s all wifom, but in case Bad Ash is mafia, protecting Sath, delaying Noammr night kill (survivor), that is already 3 roles on mafia side. Add in just one more mafia member and we are 4vs4 tomorrow. Aka we lost the game. But if you have better explanation I’m eager to listen.

Since Bad Ash might indeed be cop I’ll go and say:

Vote: Sathoris

If Sath turns out pro town then I was merely stupid etc, but if he ends up anti town then we got the game. [highlight]At any rate, situation as it looks now, presented by Bad Ash isn’t that dangerous at all. We have 4 confirmed townies and night kill from Jason. I don’t think risking townie kill will be as devastating as losing game if my idea turns out to be true. [/highlight]

And for night course of action, I say Jason should go for CG.

I know post above is all mess, but feel free to ask questions and I'll tell it how it looks from my point of view.

More thoughts: I'm even considering what good will it be to kill Sathoris. It might be that he indeed checked Sath and he is pro town.

Unvote: Sathoris

Vote: Bad Ash

Even loosing potential cop will confirm his reveals. Then we are at 4 un ID people in game - me, kestegs, FoE and CG. Imo CG should be taken out as fast as Ash, but bad Ash mafia vibe is far beyond that one of CG.

I have actually wondered about this. I think it may be a good time for a mass claim. Bob may actually ahve been a cop, he either knew or guessed coju was neutral.

So claim time..

I'm not sure if this is the right time for mass claim but it seems logical. Also I have some information that can help clear up a few things.

I am a bus driver. pro town. I have used my ability every night and here's the list (I'm at work so going of my memory - might not be a hundred percent correct):

N1: omg and coju
Random

N2: Noodle and NacRuno
Mostly random aswell

N3: JM and thefranklin
Wanted to protect JM from a possible night kill - thefranklin was lurking, therefore scum points.

N4: JM and WIMZ
This is the only interesting part. Again I wanted to protect JM and it looks like it worked. This explains why JM didn't get any info of the WIMZ-kill, but also suggests that the mafia has NK ability, why frozzzen's theory most likely isn't true.

N5: JM and NacRuno
Also protection

N6: JM and NacRuno
Same

This means that frozzzen's theory isn't working and that I still believe in BA. I still see no better lynch option than CG, why my vote stays where it is..

frozzzen I am not driving a CG lynch train at all. The idea is presented that we might actually be close to LYLO with a recruiting cult and you start throwing rocks in a glass house, thats not a good idea.

So you are extremely quiet all game and then someone suggests (doesnt even vote) for you and you try to blow it all up?

not good.

Vote: frozzzen

CG is an issue, but if he is telling the truth we have no need to kill him ASAP. if we are having people get recruited we need to cut off the head of the snake. Frozzen just suggested killing me or Sathoris which would help acheive his victory in LYLO and I think he overplayed his hand.

That's a very interesting theory for sure. It does make sense for the most part, especially if you consider the fact that there have been so few NKs. My only issue is weather or not JM's kill ability is actually 1/4th. It seems like if it was that the game would likely move too slow and people would get too suspicious too fast. I agree with you that lynching sath is the wrong move. We have already lynched one of BA's targets and it was correct, I imagine that he is actually a cop. Maybe there are two opposing mafia factions and they both have a cop? I still find his claim believable though.

As for my roll:

I am an unaligned survivor, but slightly more conditional. I only win as long as there is at least one other neutral player alive at the end of the game. This is why I was overly curious about how the town felt about Nacruno's role when he revealed it. (pages57-58) I asked a lot of questions to decide how the town might react to my roll. I have sunk a little every time that JM claims another dead neutral, but there seems to be a plethora of them still. Not much to say about my intentions, if the mafia really don't have a NK ability then this game should easily be in the bag for the town.

Pedit: So.... FoE could possibly explain a few things that have gone awry. I will have to check further into how the switch targets coincide with the night kills, but am on my way to work, so probably after work.

Pedit2: Natural reaction from Bad Ash, Frozzzen knew he was on the chopping block. Scum always overplay their hand from my experience. Still not sure what to think though, lets see what the remaining unclaimed have to say.

Also, what is your claim Gwaihir? Just vanilla Mason? I can't remember if you ever stated for sure whether or not you had any additional powers.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High