The WoT Mafia Game

Re: The WoT Mafia Game

o-kay.... So, I've read the last ~10 pages or so. op suspects are Kegs, Drixx, Ankeli, Sathoris and no one in particular order.

Let's try an organize some thoughts... ahem.

Right, I'll start things of by saying that I killed Techno. I hate being wrong and seeing Loz flip scum and Asrrin subsequently confirmed as town really surpised me. Fuelled by anger (not that intense though) I killed Techno to try and appease my own mind and at least kill a mafia myself after last day's debacle. Mind you I was even more convinced Techno was scum than Asrrin so him flipping town wasn't in any scenario I thought about. It was a toss-up between Ankeli and Techno, but I was more convinced of Techno. But as it turned out he was town aswell, sorry Techno! But I don't regret it, at least this helps me put things in perspective.

So I've been completely wrong about three people, killing one and wasting my one shot vig. That being said, here's my fullclaim.

I won't make the same mistake again and assume Ankeli is scum aswell. I'll probably do a reread and come back later.

if I'm not mistaken, this was the first post after the day had started. I agree that this is a SUPER GUTSY move but I'm not buying it, for some reason. I do not know anything about WoT, so I'm trusting the people who do know about it. Uraj said that your character is more of a self-defense type person. Anyone else agree with that? Secondly, and I probably missed this, why did you suspect Techno more so than Ankeli? Thirdly, it's just... okay, someone coming right out and saying, "I KILLED SO-AND-SO AND I'M A VIGI" doesn't sit well with me. Vigi is an easy cop-out and i feel that is what you are doing here.

I investigated ketegs last night. I have not been able to post much because of the holiday.

kestegs has the "Lovers" role. Should he or his lover die, the other shall commit suicide. I was at first hesitant to bring this up because of the possibility of having two dead townies from a single action, but upon further thought I realized that most games use Lovers of opposing factions as a way to balance power roles.

i had this in the last game i hosted, Asmodeus and Lilith (Anti-town and Pro-town) (altho, Lilith was kinda neutral as her description was a "satanic-worshiper"... upon investigation, I think she would've come up pro-town). Idk how balanced it was (Poor Asmodeus/Zhao), but it was fun to have. ^_^

At what point did I stop pressing him? My vote remained on him, not on Loz at the end of the day. I'm still content on voting for him if he doesn't answer my questions, but I can't lynch him alone.

On that note, Happy Thanksgiving BA!

*awesome pic*

I'll answer: Because he is one.

*hand on forehead* that alone is hilarious and upon showing it to Marahumm and explaining kinda what happened, he said, "I would vote for BA based on that picture."

*removes hand*

I like the way you present yourself here. You seem honest, which is rare for you. Don't ask why, it's just the impression I usually get of you, propably because you play so aggressively. I'm inclined to believe you though. I'm just not sure if your kill ability WAS actually one shot, or do you just want to make us believe so? The next night will reveal.

Maybe that's it. I suspect Sath because he plays aggressively and when he screws up he owns to it, but this?? This just doesn't fit right.....! I feel like he's putting himself on the line and pretending to be vulnerable so he can make himself look townie....

oh, and I suspect you because it's tradition. :grin:

I am Kestegs lover. His player name is specifically mentioned in my pm. If he is killed, I go into a rage and die the next night along with someone of my choice who I can name publically or not.

Killing him will result in three deaths. His, mine, and whomever I choose.

I'm pro town.

wait, wait, wait.... you guys are lovers and neither of you had any idea who the other was??

and... if i may say so, isn't it funny that both of you (And Sathoris) voted for Asrrin yesterday and i know from the last ten pages that people have been suspecting you and saying to look into either one of you and here you two show up as lovers? coincidence???

I kinda read up on the role of Ivhon and Aes Sedia (sp???) and it seems like they would be pro-town roles. Because of that, I am having a hard time believing that you two did not know who each other were.

Forums took a post-Thanksgiving meal nap I see.

Valhauros, Gullik and Laarz have yet to post this day phase. Val and Laarz won't win prolific poster awards so their silence isn't too out of place. I only have one game of reference, but Gullik didn't strike me as normally being this silent.

Glad to see Leo post today after her absence yesterday. One can't help but speculate why a mafioso was mod killed while someone else wasn't.

kestegs has the "Lovers" role. Should he or his lover die, the other shall commit suicide.

Should Ihvon die, you will go into a state of depression and be unable to vote during the next day phase. However, you know that should you die before Ihvon that he'll go into a violent rage and likely kill himself.

Lovers: Should Alanna die, you will go into a deep, barely controllable rage. At the end of the next day phase, you will die.

Something is amiss. Asrrin says if kestegs' lover dies, kestegs will commit suicide. kestegs doesn't mention this and the role PM doesn't mention this.

@Asrrin - Clarification please. What did you detect and what are you inferring? Did you see that kestegs would commit suicide or lose vote if Drixx would die? Did you see that Drixx would commit suicide if kestegs should die?

I normally hate to intervene, but you can chalk this one up to mod error. Hopefully it's the only one I've made this game. Sorry!

So I guess that confirms kestegs received a PM from Caluin. Which kinda implies that Drixx's was also.

CG, can we get some clarification on my claimed power? Assuming that my claim is true, if kestegs were killed today and I went into a rage, would that immune me from being night killed? I would think so simply because if I were in a rage, anyone coming for me would be killed. Would be nice to know what the mod thinks tho

You are basically asking a mod to publicly confirm a mechanic. That's a big no no.

I could go for an Ankeli lynch. And thankfully we got an extension so we won't have a 2-3 vote lynch.

Ankeli because I never trust him in a mafia game. If he's town, he causes too much confusion and thus is damaging the town. If he's anti town, even worse (don't take that as a compliment Ankeli).

Other suspects include: Valhauros for not really saying too much (even though I haven't either) and Sathoris. The vigi claim doesn't sit well with me, as Leo pointed it out.

Thank you joining us Leo. How is your reading so far? What do you think of Ankeli and Valhauros?

Asrrin subsequently confirmed as town really surpised me.

Those are pretty strong words.

Fuelled by anger (not that intense though) I killed Techno to try and appease my own mind and at least kill a mafia myself after last day's debacle.

Last day's debacle? Elaborate please.

Mind you I was even more convinced Techno was scum than Asrrin so him flipping town wasn't in any scenario I thought about.

Who does the underlined 'him' refer to?

It was a toss-up between Ankeli and Techno, but I was more convinced of Techno.

What convinced you of Techno more than Ankeli?

But as it turned out he was town aswell, sorry Techno! But I don't regret it, at least this helps me put things in perspective.

What did you put into perspective?

So I've been completely wrong about three people

Who are the three?

I won't make the same mistake again and assume Ankeli is scum aswell. I'll probably do a reread and come back later.

How is the reread? Anything new to report?

Wow, I'm getting voted for, but for reasons I really didn't expect!

What are the reasons you expected to hear when players voted you?

You are Alanna Mosvani, an Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah. You are loyal to Rand al'Thor, and hope to see him at least alive, if not well, to the Last Battle. Normally you'd be powerful with your connection to the One Power, but you gave your oath that you'd not touch it, so you must rely on your natural abilities to see you alive.

WIN CONDITION: TOWN

POWERS:
Lovers: You have a Warder named Ihvon who accompanied you to Rhuidean. Normally you could pinpoint him, but Rand's interference is muffling your connection. All you know is that he's currently alive and somewhere nearby.
Should Ihvon die, you will go into a state of depression and be unable to vote during the next day phase. However, you know that should you die before Ihvon that he'll go into a violent rage and likely kill himself.

I can't find mention of Rhuidean with either Alanna or Ihvon in the wiki. However, Rhuidean is the setting for this mafia game, as posted by Caluin Graye in three separate posts. Should either kestegs or Drixx flip scum, I think it's assured that scum didn't write their own lore.

Furthermore, the flavor of the powers seems to clearly be written by the same person.

Those are pretty strong words.

You disagree?

Last day's debacle? Elaborate please.

Putting my trust into a scum and opposing Asrrin.

Who does the underlined 'him' refer to?

Techno

What convinced you of Techno more than Ankeli?

I think this post explains my reasoning for choosing Techno.

What did you put into perspective?

My view of some people, I admit I was pretty damn sure about most people but this made me rethink most of it.

Who are the three?

Loz, Asrrin and Techno.

How is the reread? Anything new to report?

I've been slacking, but checking back to my miserable post I see a few interesting things. It has since been proven I've been wrong about most on there, yet Drixx and Ash were happy to follow me on it. Presumably knowing I was wrong about the scum and town list. But not much else, been busy too.

So I guess that confirms kestegs received a PM from Caluin. Which kinda implies that Drixx's was also.

We're not questioning whether they received a PM, but whether it's wincon is what it says it is.

I'm good with ankeli, I also still get bad vibes from sath as I have been getting all game.

Vote: Ankeli

I don't find BA to be particularly scummy, but I'll have to reread to make sure.

Might I enquire into the nature of said vibes?

Bad Ash, we both gave our pm's, which are pretty clear that our win condition is town. Our roles also fit lore (according to the loreish folks in the thread).

The fact that you are pushing to kill us anyway makes me almost certain you are scum. Now that we're outed, you want to do the scum's job for them and kill us rather than make the scum kill us during the night (probably me first I would guess). Only the mafia want the town to kill known townies.

Heck, your proposed plan would really mean the town is down 3 votes tomorrow (my death, whomever you kill tonight, and kestegs vote restriction tomorrow).

Vote: Bad Ash

I really don't see how you can misread Bad Ash's post so bad.

And I strongly doubt that as mafia or SK he would delay his kill up until this point, just to earn town credit via this claim.

So you are saying mafia might not have used their night kill as yet? Or did you mean that Sathoris might have a bonus kill like what the speculated Slayer is speculated to have?

I'll answer: Because he is one.

No more third party speculation?

BA hasn't answered some of my questions to him. Perhaps you might speculate on his behalf. What do you think of BA being vague in #318 then being specific in #319? In particular, in #318 there is no specific mention that BA recognizes a vanilla townie's formatting, that Drixx doesn't recognize said formatting, and that more harm than good may come from revealing details. Then in #319, BA flip flops and reveals those details. If BA is town, what would you conclude? If scum?

Why not just leave me alive and see if Mafia kills me? We don't possibly waste a Lynch that way. If I don't die soon we will be safer to assume that my lover is anti town. Or you can assume that I am anti town by that. I just feel more like my lover is town and we can at least make them kill me.

I agree with Sathoris' evaluation. We can congratulate ourselves on lynching Loz all we want, but Loz successfully delayed getting lynched. If each mafia can delay their lynch by one day, they will most likely win.

Slip from our first scum fake town PM?

This is the second time you seem to have forgotten about Loz.

The part that interests me is that Ivon would go into a "rage" and kill himself...sounds like he might take someone with him, maybe not or maybe.

Any chance this ivon guy can be anti town based on the wiki? I think the plan is dangerous. Losing 2 townies would hurt.

What is the risk of us doing so? Whoever the 2nd half is should claim and we will either lynch them or if they refuse to come forward maybe then we kill kestegs.

If Ivon is a part of the town the sacrifice of himself as opposed to kestegs would be much more important than killing kestegs and losing 2 townies.

What is your opinion of kestegs? The player, not his role.

What are the reasons you expected to hear when players voted you?

I can't find mention of Rhuidean with either Alanna or Ihvon in the wiki. However, Rhuidean is the setting for this mafia game, as posted by Caluin Graye in three separate posts. Should either kestegs or Drixx flip scum, I think it's assured that scum didn't write their own lore.

Furthermore, the flavor of the powers seems to clearly be written by the same person.

I expected more along the lines of: You'r vote history makes you look really bad. I unvoted LoZ late to return to a coju vote. Then I didn't go for LoZ and went for asrrin instead the next day. I fully expected to be lynch target number 1 for today.

Might I enquire into the nature of said vibes?

There was some stuff on D2 that I didn't like at the time. Like that you wanted to lynch RE at the last second and some stuff you said about coju. I never shook those feelings after coju flipped town. Doing a reread I think it mostly comes down to your brash play style in this game.

I expected more along the lines of: You'r vote history makes you look really bad. I unvoted LoZ late to return to a coju vote. Then I didn't go for LoZ and went for asrrin instead the next day. I fully expected to be lynch target number 1 for today.

If we decide to test your claim, and that's a big if. I would want it to be on Drixx who in my eyes has been the far more scummier player of the two of you and if both of your claims hold true then (by lynching Drixx) we won't risk the chance of Drixx choosing a townie to go down with him (if we lynched Kestegs)

If you get what I mean. But that's just my 2 cents, others may disagree and prefer you.

But that being said, I'd rather sort out the BA/Ankeli sitaution we got ourselves in. Both have done enough to get themselves lynched imo, but I can't tell which is worse. If it's okay with you guys I'll back down on this one and let you guys decide.

Ankeli because I never trust him in a mafia game. If he's town, he causes too much confusion and thus is damaging the town. If he's anti town, even worse (don't take that as a compliment Ankeli).

Can't take it any other way. ;)

No more third party speculation?

BA hasn't answered some of my questions to him. Perhaps you might speculate on his behalf. What do you think of BA being vague in #318 then being specific in #319? In particular, in #318 there is no specific mention that BA recognizes a vanilla townie's formatting, that Drixx doesn't recognize said formatting, and that more harm than good may come from revealing details. Then in #319, BA flip flops and reveals those details. If BA is town, what would you conclude? If scum?

It was more of getting straight to the point. I'm not sure if he's anti-town or of a 3rd party (plausibly a cult, since we've only had the mafia NK's and Sath's last night, and I'm feeling like trusting Sath).

That's one of the main reasons I'm after him. The 318 and 319 posts. It's the ultimate flip flop if I've ever seen one, and the main reason why I believe he cannot be what he claims to be. I cannot conclude what it means if he's town because I'm certain he isn't. And if and when he's scum / cult / whatever, it's the slip up that should've already buried him alongside with him not bothering to respond to questions directed at him. He hasn't been a least bit helpful towards our goal, and I can't understand why more people don't see it.

My record isn't too shabby either. Although I still stand by my BA vote over Loz, as it didn't interfere with the lynch and I'm feeling confident about BA.

If we decide to test your claim, and that's a big if. I would want it to be on Drixx who in my eyes has been the far more scummier player of the two of you and if both of your claims hold true then (by lynching Drixx) we won't risk the chance of Drixx choosing a townie to go down with him (if we lynched Kestegs)

If you get what I mean. But that's just my 2 cents, others may disagree and prefer you.

But that being said, I'd rather sort out the BA/Ankeli sitaution we got ourselves in. Both have done enough to get themselves lynched imo, but I can't tell which is worse. If it's okay with you guys I'll back down on this one and let you guys decide.

I agree, unless we can agree with Drixx about who he should take down if that's the case. Then again, I'm still partial towards lynching BA and seeing what happens overnight.

You are Ihvon, warder and bodyguard to Alanna Sedai of the Green Ajah. You've sworn your life to protecting her, but due to Rand's interference, you've lost track of her. You know she's amongst the people of Rhuidean and that she lives, but not much else.

WIN CONDITION: TOWN

POWERS:
Lovers: Should Alanna die, you will go into a deep, barely controllable rage. At the end of the next day phase, you will die. At any time before this occurs, you may choose one person to kill. That person will die alongside you at the end of the day. You may make this decision privately or publicly.

I believe that Drixx isn't vanilla townie. I got this feeling during the discussion about coju's claim. In particular, from #313.

it would be super good if we had a high percentage scum target to go after today ...

Who do you think is a high percentage scum target? Who do you think is the highest percentage scum target?

If we lynch Kestegs, we lose 2 townies for a chance at a mafia.

Why do you discount the possibility that kestegs is scum?

Forums took a post-Thanksgiving meal nap I see.

Valhauros, Gullik and Laarz have yet to post this day phase. Val and Laarz won't win prolific poster awards so their silence isn't too out of place. I only have one game of reference, but Gullik didn't strike me as normally being this silent.

I'm being somewhat quiet because I'm unsure of what to think, I don't really have much of strong suspicions that aren't just really weak circumstantial crap. And the forum prevented me from making any posts before going to bed yesterday.

On Drixx and Kestegs test:
I can't say I'm overenthusiastic about itas I don't see what we gain by it. We already now that they are actually lovers (from Assrin) and one being town doesn't clear the other. (expect maybe that since the 2 other bad guys have both been clearly bad guys from the lore, a storywise good char will be town.)
I feel like 'trusting' them for now.

Vote: Bad Ash I had a bad feeling about him before Ankeli started, I would also be fine with an Ankeli lynch.

So you are saying mafia might not have used their night kill as yet? Or did you mean that Sathoris might have a bonus kill like what the speculated Slayer is speculated to have?

I was theorizing that if Sathoris were scum (not sure if he is or isn't at this point) I doubt he would have delayed his kill up until his claim to be able to fake a one shot vigi claim.

I thought that the plan was for kestegs to die and then Drixx would use his ability to take down a scum. If we lynched Drixx we would not be able to use that.

Question is though, do we trust him to take down a possible scum? Or will he just act on his own and take out whoever he wants? Thus risking killing a PR.

Who do you think is a high percentage scum target? Who do you think is the highest percentage scum target?

Why do you discount the possibility that kestegs is scum?

I would also like to hear the answer to those two questions. Mostly in regards to my reply to Sathoris above.

2 anti town lovers is possible, that is why I suggested we now lynch Drixx if we lynch one of them. His role in the lover pair is much more likely to be anti-town and we can prove this by making kestegs vote tomorrow and see if it is valid or not.

Please explain the "Drixx half is more likely to be anti-town" part.

Bad Ash, we both gave our pm's, which are pretty clear that our win condition is town. Our roles also fit lore (according to the loreish folks in the thread).

Giving a role PM doesn't mean it's true. See Loz's claim.

if I'm not mistaken, this was the first post after the day had started.

It was the fourth post of the day (not counting mod posts) and ~12hr into the day phase.

wait, wait, wait.... you guys are lovers and neither of you had any idea who the other was??

and... if i may say so, isn't it funny that both of you (And Sathoris) voted for Asrrin yesterday and i know from the last ten pages that people have been suspecting you and saying to look into either one of you and here you two show up as lovers? coincidence???

There is considerable circumstantial evidence to suggest they knew each other, or at least one knew the other. They share votes each day: D1 they both participated in the Rlyeh test, D2 they both voted coju, then Loz, then coju. D2 they both voted Asrrin. Curiously, it's almost as if kestegs has a vote restriction such that if Drixx has a valid vote, then kestegs can't post without voting for whomever Drixx voted for. Almost. The link is that pronounced.

There is considerable circumstantial evidence to suggest they knew each other, or at least one knew the other. They share votes each day: D1 they both participated in the Rlyeh test, D2 they both voted coju, then Loz, then coju. D2 they both voted Asrrin. Curiously, it's almost as if kestegs has a vote restriction such that if Drixx has a valid vote, then kestegs can't post without voting for whomever Drixx voted for. Almost. The link is that pronounced.

That is very interesting. I assure you that I don't have any vote restriction and that I had no idea who my lover was before today.

Other suspects include: Valhauros for not really saying too much (even though I haven't either) and Sathoris. The vigi claim doesn't sit well with me, as Leo pointed it out.

Thank you joining us Leo. How is your reading so far? What do you think of Ankeli and Valhauros?

hi, TC! :wave: i read 1-35 before the holidays and there wasn't a ping so far. I stand by what I said with coju and being torn about him because that "someone else i pinged as bodyguard" was Gorny and it turns out I was right about him. It turns out Coju was townie so he was innocent.

then last night i read 50-60 and it was entertaining, but I think I missed something between Bad Ash and Ankeli. If they exchanged a heated argument about something or one did the "nyah nyah nyah I'm not listening to you boo boo!" I did not get it. So I'm not totally up to date with that and I'm not sure what to think of it... other than Ankeli seeming to be himself and gunning for someone's lynch. :)

Val is quiet but isn't that his normal style? The only post I read from him (and that I can remember. Woke up about 30 minutes ago) was saying that he was reading but he was in a lot of pain from surgery. My sympathies to you, Val, and I hope you get better. Question for you: who do you think is more suspicious to you: Kegs, Drixx, Ankeli, or Bad Ash?

On Drixx and Kestegs test:
I can't say I'm overenthusiastic about itas I don't see what we gain by it. We already now that they are actually lovers (from Assrin) and one being town doesn't clear the other. (expect maybe that since the 2 other bad guys have both been clearly bad guys from the lore, a storywise good char will be town.)
I feel like 'trusting' them for now.

Vote: Bad Ash I had a bad feeling about him before Ankeli started, I would also be fine with an Ankeli lynch.

It was the fourth post of the day (not counting mod posts) and ~12hr into the day phase.

thanks!

one knew the other? like a soft claim?

i noticed that both of them voted for Asrrin yesterday... I kinda wasn't paying attention to the previous day votes. heh-heh... >.> i did make a note of it though.

honestly, I'm not sure which one we should lynch IF we decide to lynch either one. If Kestegs goes into a deep depression, all we lose is a vote for the next day. If we lynch Kestegs, Drixx goes all crazy and stuff and not only kills himself, but someone else. Someone (forgetting who atm) pointed out should we trust that he can get a scummy or will he go off on hiw own thing? I'll be honest, I don't like how that sounds because I half believe them.

Which brings me to my next question: Kegs loses a vote for the day phase and Drixx kills someone? Does it seem balanced because it kinda doesn't seem balanced to me? Then again, I had a lover-pair that wasn't balanced. >.>

That is very interesting. I assure you that I don't have any vote restriction and that I had no idea who my lover was before today.

And this is why I find the claim hard to believe. Lovers usually always know who each other are (at last the games that I have played in)! I feel like you two are on the same team (mafia) but you're trying to distance each other with this claim.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High