Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

Re: Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

wow... silly mafia can't even get a kill right :rolleyes:

I think its a bit too early to assume 2 mafia... more likely a SK (or something) + mafia. I do certainly hope that Dentist idea isn't the case. Not only is that a horrible power if used wrong, but I just hate dentists in general. (damn sadistic bastards!)

(if any of you are dentists irl... I refuse to apologize, find a better occupation :p)

classic clip, Gorny :rolf:

Are you an anti-dentite? Next you'll want them to have their own schools!

So, from the story, two people almost died? We know CG was, but I'm guessing the unnamed man is one of us too?

*goes to mafia wiki to look up dentists*

The phase change is 10pm EST for me.

Since Gorny has made a special wounded section in the information section, I do think we'll being seeing this happen again.

I think if both people had ended up as wounded and thus unable to post or vote, we'd have gotten both their names.

Since I'm going to a Black Metal festival for the weekend and my participation will be limited, I'll just come out all guns firing.

Hmm. So we have a failed shot and a wounding. From the games I have read, that usually means 2 groups of anti-town. So either 2 mafia or a mafia and a serial killer seem likely, especially with 27 total people. Now we just need to find out who did it.

Oo, Mr.(?) Obvious!

I think that's the wrong show...

Gunshot wound would definitely point towards Mafia. A scalpel being found near CG is a bit odd, not generally a murder weapon. Obvious association would be with a doctor or surgeon of some kind, but that doesn't make sense as a killer.

In the most vanilla brands of the game, both the doctor and the SK use a scalpel so that a tracker of some sorts can misidentify one as the other. It's an obvious doc (dentist in this case) save to me.

wow... silly mafia can't even get a kill right :rolleyes:

I think its a bit too early to assume 2 mafia... more likely a SK (or something) + mafia. I do certainly hope that Dentist idea isn't the case. Not only is that a horrible power if used wrong

Do I detect some ironic self-loathing for a failure? A dentist is not a horrible role at all, as a matter of fact, one just saved us a player.

We're not told who was shot and lived, but we're told who was maimed?
Only reason I can think of is: there's a guy whos NK immune and by not voicing his ability keeps him an open target for other anti-town factions.

I'm guessing we won't have the roles of anyone except those necessary for a game mechanic revealed instantly. We are, afterall, playing an NCIS game...

Vote: zemaj

The radar says ping...ping.

Phase change: 5 AM Finnish time (GMT+whatever depending on summer/winter time, usually 2)

Perfect for the weekend as the bars close. x)

Drunken posts ftw. Your bravery and un"aled"altered I mean! (why do all the words I want fail me?) posts/accusations/assumptions/yeah will serve us well!

I'm CST, so all works well for me :D

Days/nights start/end at 9pm CST (atm) correct?

critiques!

I don't think that's the right word...

unaletered. i think is the word.

well i think it's 1pm change over for me if mal is right on his time.

also

vote: kestegs

i am right on my time

honestly i don't know who to vote for.
I need more information first.

vote for kegs. he's clearly the bad guy.

you know, to dumb to kill properly.

also dentist = a doctor who saves people from NK but in doing so removes there ability to post/vote the following day. correct?

Yeah, unaletered. There we go.

But, it's not the second word I'm looking for.

Well, CG is obviously Town, unless some mafia mishap or the SK is a townie...

Just to get some ball rolling and hope some jump on the SOUL TRAIN!

Vote: Bad Ash

Bad, and ashy? Man, get some lotion.

Since I'm going to a Black Metal festival for the weekend and my participation will be limited, I'll just come out all guns firing.

Oo, Mr.(?) Obvious!

In the most vanilla brands of the game, both the doctor and the SK use a scalpel so that a tracker of some sorts can misidentify one as the other. It's an obvious doc (dentist in this case) save to me.

Do I detect some ironic self-loathing for a failure? A dentist is not a horrible role at all, as a matter of fact, one just saved us a player.

I'm guessing we won't have the roles of anyone except those necessary for a game mechanic revealed instantly. We are, afterall, playing an NCIS game...

Vote: zemaj

The radar says ping...ping.

So If I understand this right Rlyeh, you suspect a doctor that can wound if he chooses someone who is not targeted for death?

Zemaj and Ankeli - you both seem to think this dentist is a town role, while google seems to think it tends to be a mafia role. Care to explain your theory on the events that caused CG to end up in the hospital?

Also Ankeli, I prefer Captain Obvious, but I suppose Mr. will do as well.

Zemaj and Ankeli - you both seem to think this dentist is a town role, while google seems to think it tends to be a mafia role. Care to explain your theory on the events that caused CG to end up in the hospital?

The dentists I've ran into were all town doctors that in the process of protecting someone also silenced them for the following day phase.

anyone with ncis loreisdom (see what i did there?): are there any bad guys who used scalpels in there MO's?

Just caught up with the posts. It's 9 am here and I should get back to work. Will try and keep up with new posts, and hopefully make a better post later at work or when I get home.

I know everyone hates filler posts like these, but I'd also like for everyone to know that I'm here and reading, just not enough time to make any assumptions, theorycrafting or accusations. Too early in the morning for that.

I always confuse ankeli with assrin. The reason is the tree stump isn't next to ankeli's.

BTW, my sister's name is Keli... :scratchchin: I truely hope you're not mafia ankeli, seeing as we have family connections now!

Since zemaj AND ankeli think there are dentists in town, what's to say they're not together in all of this, hmm!?

(I'd better not say I've been drinking anything besides tea then... Time for another shot of, wait, time for another drink of tea!)

So everyone is supposed to post fluff/game-setup speculation for the first part, and then we will hopefully pick apart the fluff and see their mafianess shine though. In the form of fragments of extra knowledge, or a weird mindset.

The only mafia hunting I spotted so far was the multiple attacks from Ankeli. I found them to be of flimsy reasons, but they are anyway better than a dice, so I'm prepared to follow those if something weirder doesn't show up during the day.

Gullik

Zemais, retort seems somewhat like a desperate attack back, but what do I know. Maybe you folks like slinging mud at each other.

Zemaj's? I do enjoy a good mud slinging, especially with women, who in my mind y'all all are.

Gullik's post is the most reasonable to me. I'm following you. Hope it's not in vain, my duck hunting buddy. (wtf are you holding in your 'tar? Looks to be angel wings.)

I truely hope you're not mafia ankeli, seeing as we have family connections now!

......this.

unvote: kestegs
vote: coju

lso mud flinging, the gentlemans form of feces.

I didn't look at the link, and have never encounter a dentist role before, so I was basing my assumption on that sounds like an overly powerful role to be a mafia role.

well, you seem very anxious to appear town... overly so. Coming out with the first vote, poking holes at everything anyone says, defending a questionable role that cost a vote & any insight from a player... all together = scummy.

You also seem to think playing drunk is a good idea... exactly what makes you think this a good idea? What about having impaired judgement, lowered reaction & increased chance of missing key points is a good idea? Poor judgement at best, which doesn't fit with your usual MO from what I have seen. Scummy x2.

on top of this, you are going to be effectively unable to communicate for the first 2 days? Lame-duck player is a lame-duck....

vote: Ankeli

Oh, drunk posts are the best. I get some of my best ideas when I'm drunk. For one I would never have dated a hippie nor owned 2 dogs if I wasn't drunk. That's not the point though. The point is that I'm sober now, and since I picked on you you decided to retaliate with the most obvious OMGUS-vote I've seen to date in all of the games I've played.

All I can base my vote on is your initial post, your reaction to my post, and a hunch, but you certainly are going to be holding on to it for the remainder of this day phase. Besides, my hunches are more like premonitions which all should follow blindly. Mafia 101. ;)

Ladies and Gents, meet our first anti-town, zemaj.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High