Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

Re: Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

Of all the people, I'm actually interested in hearing why? I was late to get an answer in before the day ended and read through the conversation, and to me it seemed like lynching me would've been better than no lynch. Why? I'd essentially implied that I'm not in possession of a super useful role as I'd volunteered to do combat, and I made a somewhat weak (although I still stand by it) retaliatory vote against Bad Ash.

Part of it was that I was reluctant to lynch you before you had claimed. Also your willingness to put yourself in harm's way was a sign of town mentality, although you're certainly capable of using that as a ploy.

What I found interesting though were your comments in your first post about offensive classes, healers and tanks. It looked like you thought the DPS, HPS and Tank stats were separate, and different players each had one of them. Goryani had voiced similar thoughts before you. This looked odd to me, since I have all three stats, and have no reason to believe everyone else wouldn't. I thought the mafia would know more than that, or at least they would not reveal the limits of their knowledge that easily. This made you interesting to me, and I did not want you gone just yet.

Finally, the case on you was essentially random. I felt I had more reason to believe you were town, and there is very little information to be learned from a town lynch, particularly so early in game. Besides, I believe I was the only one online who had not voted, and two votes were required.

Time to post my reads so far, like I promised yesterday. I finally had the time to sort and type it all out.

Gorny
I can only guess what he was doing most of day one. His quotes in various Horde languages may have been meant to mislead us, or to generate conversation. My bet is the latter. Today he seems to have reverted to normal play, though he remains mysterious. Hopefully his rogueish ways don't stab us in the back.
Feysal
I've confessed to not knowing how parties are formed, and that I have all three stats. Moving on...
Noodle
His argument about night kill immunes being hard to detect was somewhat peculiar, but apart from that he has said very little. Neutral read for now.
Sathoris
I'm really not sure what is up between him and Gorny this game. Some of his thoughts sound like town trying to figure things out, but he is also playing more cautious than usual. Leaning town, for the time being.
Goryani
He has volunteered his thoughts and opinions like a good townie, but I'm not without my doubts about him. Some of the things he has said pique my curiosity, and I'm not sure what to make of them. He was the first to suggest offensive roles, healers and tanks were separate roles. He has claimed knowledge of recruitment going on, but like Ankeli he seems not to know much about combat. The way he connected me and nurman with a trivial observation makes me suspicious, and the fact that I have town reads on three of his four suspects (myself included of course) does not help. My read is leaning scum.
Bad Ash
Not much to go on here. I think he's probably wrong about Ankeli, but the way he presented his case on him looked sincere to me. Leaning town here.
Ankeli
I explained my read of him before. His comments have been revealing of how much he himself knows, though he was second to post about offensive roles, healers and tanks after Goryani. The way he has acted seems town-motivated to me.
Uraj
Too few comments to form an opinion, and none of them concerning other players. No posts yet today. This starts to look like active lurking, and that I consider suspicious. He needs to post some thoughts if he wants to avoid being on my suspect list.
Dragomir
He has made two posts, both of them about cult recruitment. He said in no uncertain terms that his role implied two recruiting teams. Revealing such information is pro-town, and that is what I believe him to be. I've noticed it before, Dragomir has a knack of appearing pro-town despite saying very little.
Trionth
He spent day one trying to figure out Gorny, and voted Ankeli when we reached deadline. Looks like what I'd expect of him as town. No posts yet today, but leaning town for now.
Nolecub
He has few posts, but I'm seeing bits of information and town thoughts in them. He also mentioned offensive roles, healers and tanks being separate.
Leopold Stotch
When reading her posts, I kept thinking there was something painfully obvious I just missed. I'll be damned if I can figure out what though. She seems to be her usual self, so my read is either neutral or leaning town.
nurman
He has spent much of the game banned, including most of last night, though he could've sent an action to YAWP by email so that means nothing. I'm still getting a faint town read, though I wonder why he is interested in essentially silly roles like Leeroy Jenkins and the Hogger. Oddly specific question that. Oh, and for the record, I'm not the Hogger.

Feysal, I'll explain my comment. I was not in any way trying to make the claim that players who are immune to night kills are bad for the town; obviously they are not. What I meant was that, when trying to make sense of a night with no kills, I tend to overlook that possibility and focus on role blockers or doctors as potential explanations. Therefore, night immunes tend to confuse me specifically. That's all.

Only Stephen Hawkin knows whenever or not there are immunities in the game, though I'm willing to believe that there might be 2-4 and no more.

Vote: Gorny

Sticking with Day one theory here. Day 2 has rolled around, and still all style and no substance.

Other musings:

Combat: Dont be fooled into starting combat tomorrow just to see how it plays out. That can be bad for the town. If anyone starts a combat, I would assume it would be a mafia. We cannot afford to start combat with each other while the mafia sits back and lets us kill each other off...we do that pretty well with bad lynches.

Townie confirmantions: Be especially wary of any townie reads from night investigations. With recruitment hanging out there, easy mafia target to recruit a confirmed townie.

/Happy dance.

Word of the day: Vendetta.

See Feysal I think you are wrong. Ankeli didn't really stick his neck out there, he was just making innocent posts. But I don't disagree with things you said, based on the odds Ankeli is most likely pro-town, but I haven't seen a better option for a lynch..yet, close but not yet. I think Ankeli is planting Inception into our mind that he is good. Him and his team of mafia are slowly digging deeper and deeper and will have gravitational gun battles while the car is under attack and swerving on the level above! INCEPTION.

I love xmas btw and getting awesome movies I <3. haha.

Seriously though, I think Ankeli is evilz, but not by a lot. 55-45.

I don't think we can lynch gorny.

He's posting weird and carelessly. Hasn't explained why he was posting weird before, not even a hint at it. Puts a vote randomly at the start of today to "Get things going" or because of some vendetta that I don't see (might just be missing it though)

I would have to guess he a village idiot or a tree stump (I think tree stumps can't be lynched?)

Maybe I'm wrong and he's just exposing scum, but I get the feeling he's trying to dance with death.

@Badash: There needs to be an Inception themed game.

/Happy happy dance.

A comment on the Village idiot scenario: When was the last mafia game around these parts that actually ended when the VI was lynched? 99.9% of games continue on...the possibility of a VI in game does not make me shy away from a vote.

Since it appears that posting nothing but gibberish seems to be the norm:

Unvote: Gorny

Vote: Nolecub

Maybe we can actually lynch somebody....anybody today.

Okay, that was odd.

I'm seeing the word "vendetta" thrown around way too much today. So much that I've begun to wonder if this is some WoW reference that eludes me. Is it?

Day one I was willing to give Gorny the benefit of the doubt that he was posting gibberish to generate discussion. But his day two play hasn't really improved. I'm seeing Gorny's vote on Sathoris as a distancing attempt. Making Sathoris last night's recruit with Gorny as the recruiter. I'm willing to risk giving Gorny a win as a VI.

Vote: Gorny

Whole lot of Barrens chat today. Not that I didn't expect some, I was just hoping for a little more game discussion.

Part of it was that I was reluctant to lynch you before you had claimed.

Reality check: If we wait to vote until AFTER someone claims, no one will ever get lynched. The mafia will win almost every game (except last game).

What I found interesting though were your comments in your first post about offensive classes, healers and tanks. It looked like you thought the DPS, HPS and Tank stats were separate, and different players each had one of them. Goryani had voiced similar thoughts before you. This looked odd to me, since I have all three stats, and have no reason to believe everyone else wouldn't.

I voiced no such idea, and I don't believe Ankeli did either. I'm using common RPG and WoW terminology to describe players.

Imagine 4 players have the following stats:
Player A - 2/2/2
Player B - 4/1/1
Player C - 1/4/1
Player D - 1/1/4

What would you call each player? I would call Player B a DPS class, Player C a healer, Player D a tank and Player A a sucky noob. It doesn't matter what you CAN do, it matters what you are GOOD at doing.

Finally, the case on you was essentially random. I felt I had more reason to believe you were town, and there is very little information to be learned from a town lynch, particularly so early in game. Besides, I believe I was the only one online who had not voted, and two votes were required.

Do you feel the town's power roles should reveal their information, and themselves, before the town lynches anyone?

Time to post my reads so far, like I promised yesterday. I finally had the time to sort and type it all out.

Gorny
he remains mysterious
Feysal
[no claim present, though I don't expect one while talking about himself]
Noodle
Neutral read for now.
Sathoris
Leaning town, for the time being.
Goryani
My read is leaning scum.
Bad Ash
Leaning town here.
Ankeli
The way he has acted seems town-motivated to me.
Uraj
He needs to post some thoughts if he wants to avoid being on my suspect list.
Dragomir
Revealing such information is pro-town, and that is what I believe him to be.
Trionth
leaning town for now.
Nolecub
I'm seeing bits of information and town thoughts in them.
Leopold Stotch
either neutral or leaning town.
nurman
I'm still getting a faint town read

Is this a legit list or fake one? According to this list, you think there is 1 scum, 2 mysterious/lurker (neutral to scummy?), 1-2 neutral and everyone else is townie. I'll state here and now, in unequivocal terms, that those ratios are WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY off. That means many of your guesses are wrong.

I'll help you correct some. One person you list as town is not town. They started the game as neutral.

The way he connected me and nurman with a trivial observation makes me suspicious
The observation may have been trivial, but your reasons for disclosing that detail are not. It's either an important issue or it's a "filler" topic.

Assuming it's an important issue, what is a consequence of being banned: can't send PM's (I think, I don't know personally, but every forum I know of this is the case). Why does that matter? Gee, I don't know -- Maybe it makes it harder to night talk. Another important aspect to nurman being banned is to derail any inactive lynch train before it starts. Again, it's a strong indication of relationship between you and nurman, which justifies my comments.

If it's a filler topic, then it's much the same as your "list." It's a way to talk about the game without really talking about the game. Actively lurking. A way to appear pro-town without having to actually act pro-town.

the fact that I have town reads on three of his four suspects (myself included of course) does not help.

Suspect != scum. A suspect is someone you wish to obtain information from, or to hear others' thoughts about. And I can't help but notice that your list includes information obtained because of my suspect list. You're welcome.

Much as it pains me to admit it, I'm leaning towards Bad Ash <spits> being town. I find Gorny being mafia to be plausible, especially given the lack of explanation for the posting style day one.

Those are really the only ones I have much of an opinion on at this point.

We cannot afford to start combat with each other while the mafia sits back and lets us kill each other off...we do that pretty well with bad lynches.

How can we have bad lynches if we don't even have lynches?

Townie confirmantions: Be especially wary of any townie reads from night investigations. With recruitment hanging out there, easy mafia target to recruit a confirmed townie.

Define townie reads. Are you talking about a cop getting a verdict of townie, or a verdict of pro-town?

A comment on the Village idiot scenario: When was the last mafia game around these parts that actually ended when the VI was lynched? 99.9% of games continue on...the possibility of a VI in game does not make me shy away from a vote.

I've never heard of a game ending upon lynch of the village idiot unless that also triggers a mafia win at the same time. I wouldn't even consider such an idea seriously.

Much as it pains me to admit it, I'm leaning towards Bad Ash <spits> being town. I find Gorny being mafia to be plausible, especially given the lack of explanation for the posting style day one.

Those are really the only ones I have much of an opinion on at this point.

[YOUTUBE]uuo3SHkNRb4[/YOUTUBE]

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High