Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

Re: Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

I'm not accusing anyone of being a lurker. I merely repeated what you said about yourself. Or did you forget your first sentence of your first post this game?

"Time for me to stop observing and get involved."

I said that, but I do not consider myself a lurker. Lurking is more of a long term condition in my opinion, and less than halfway into the first day is too early to tell, especially given the slow start. My comment was more about the fact that after watching the thread for a while I could not see anything interesting developing, so it was about time I did something about it.

OK. I'll be more blunt. I think you (or a lot of others for that matter) are not scum hunting. That's just a wee bit important. Am I the only one in the RVS/RQS stage to actually use votes and questions?

You were the first to vote, I'll give you that. But I've never really seen an RVS stage in our games here, all votes have meant business. As for questions, there have been others looking for information. I did that with my 'party' observation, and Gorny seems to be doing it in his own strange fashion.

As for scum hunting, admittedly there has been none. But on a first day, when there has been so little discussion, it is difficult to form opinions on most players. At this stage, I'd say that hunting for information is more important than hunting for scum, since you cannot do the latter effectively before doing the former.

I'm not sure what this means. I think you think that I thought something which I didn't.

I never said nurman was a lurker and I never said you drew attention to a lurker. I was calling you the lurker, but also an observant lurker. Do you deny either description?

I may have misunderstood you there, I read your post as if you were calling nurman a lurker. As for me, I do deny the part about lurking, as I said above. About being observant, I would hope so. I had read or skimmed the thread a couple times before posting, and nurman's ban caught my eye, as did a few other things.

Notice I asked a question after the sentence where I paired you and nurman. A question you didn't bother to answer in your reply. The sentence after that is merely another form of "I've got my eye on you" but applied to both you and nurman.

I treated that as a rhetorical question, but if you want a direct answer, it is no. There is no connection between me and nurman, not at the moment anyway. And your comment on knowing where to focus if one of us was mafia felt like quite a bit more than merely keeping an eye on us. I don't get why you would interpret my notice of nurman's ban as a possible connection. It was just another observation. If I were you, I'd have been more interested in the fact that my role has no hint or clue about how parties are formed. Might as well confirm it, I don't know how that happens.

Are you unhappy with the results produced? What do you think of Nolecub's self claimed lurkiness? Do you think it's more likely he is pro-town or anti-town for lurking.

I think lurking is pretty much a null tell. Scum do have a tendency to lurk, but I've often seen town do it too, because they are lazy, busy, or can't be online as much as others. Active lurking, meaning meaningless filler posts, is something I would consider suspicious. I picked up this distinction from mafiascum.net.

Concerning Nolecub, I can't judge one way or the other. One post is too few to make any credible read of him.

Then I guess you'll have to make your own list and do your own scum hunting. I'm anxious to see it.

I will sort out my reads soon, or at least list my first impressions.

Don't you feel that a single cult leader for the main faction would be underpowered? It seems that if the town got lucky that faction could be out of the game pretty quick.

If there was a single scum among 14 players, the town would have to be very lucky indeed to catch him early. In the Stargate mafia game, the main threat to the town was a cult, which started with a single member and nearly overran the town. You do have a point though, if there was only one anti-town at the start, the game could end too quick.

I was thinking that combat would be initiated by someone declaring an attack on someone else in the thread. Then anyone can choose to join either the attacker or defender. Possibly with attacker and defender becoming party leaders for that combat.

From the rules it sounds like the whole party will only have one choice between attack/defend/retreat instead of individual choices.

Perhaps. We will have to wait and see.

I wonder if Leeroy is a role?

Who's Leeroy?

*blink*

You don't know Leeroy? My my, we have to fix that immediately, now don't we?

[YOUTUBE]LkCNJRfSZBU[/YOUTUBE]

Personally, I'd say that the only role he could be is village idiot. Nothing else would be as fitting. Maybe a serial killer, since the town is Horde-aligned this game.

Wish I had sound on this computer, or could get to the wikis... I'll look it up when I get off work.

Leo's as she always is, although less frequent the last few games. But when I joined she always was full of energy and her posts reflected that. My guy wants me to vote for Gorny but my brain tells me not to. I'm always drawn to eliminating role restrictions or people impersonating one but I don't think Gorny's anti-town based on his posts.

Ankeli's revenge vote on Bad Ash sits a bit difficult for me. Bad Ash's vote at least had some sort of reasoning in it but Ankeli just voted because he didn't like Bad Ash's reaction on his posts.

Vote: Ankeli

oh, my! :D

*tries to contain snicker and giggles*

you know.... *snicker* i had the absolute funniest *snicker* image *giggle* while this played! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

oh, my! you are so dirty! :funnyabove:

Don't you feel that a single cult leader for the main faction would be underpowered? It seems that if the town got lucky that faction could be out of the game pretty quick.

not really. i think that's how Mara had it in his Futurama game and i know i've done a game like that. there was one guy who could recruit (i think in mine and Wiki's werewolf game, Zhao was the head wolf and he could either kill or recruit, not do both. i don't have my notes on me, but i wanna say that's how it worked and i think the wolves won that game. TC died, but Zhao got the last bite. ;)) and in the Futurama game, the cult won. im sure it's possible here if we have one.

Vote: Bad Ash

revenge voting, i see. hmmm.... :scratchchin:

Only two that stand out to me at the moment are Gorny and Leo. Both have made voluminous posts that really do nothing more than take up space and appear to be active.

Vote: Gorny

LIKE A SOOOOOOOOOOMEBOOOOOOOOOOODEEE!!!!

WHOOP WHOOP DE WHOOP!!!! :jig: :jig:

OOOOHHHHHHH, WE'RE HALFWAY THERE!!! WHOOOAAA-AAAA!!! LIVIN' ON A PRAYER!! TAKE MY HAND!!! WE'LL MAKE IT I SWEEEAAARRR!! WWHHHOOOAAA-AAAA!!! LIVING ON A PRAYER!!!!!!!!!

This was what I've begun to think.

Also, what if Gorny is trying to get himself killed? Village idiot maybe? His last however many posts have been quotes and he hasn't answered any questions as to why he's posting like this.

yeah, Gorny... ya a VI? if so, im going to let you live so you won't have the pleasure of winning!

Or he's just being sneaky trying to get reactions like Leo said :scratchhead: connection between Leo and Gorny maybe?

pretty sure he likes us talking and wondering about him...

"Gornithicus, Gornithicus... where art thou true Gornithicus? Why hath he speaketh like a Taurahe?"

Who's Leeroy?

MOTHER OF GOD....

*blink*

You don't know Leeroy? My my, we have to fix that immediately, now don't we?

[YOUTUBE]LkCNJRfSZBU[/YOUTUBE]

thank yoooouuu!!!! :rolf: still has me laughing after all this time. ahhh. :cloud9:

Leo's as she always is, although less frequent the last few games. But when I joined she always was full of energy and her posts reflected that.

*hand on forehead* between you and me, Sathoris (and everyone else), you have no idea how much that made me smile nor how much that means to me. thank you. there has been a lot going on lately and im sorry my posts have been lacking in the games. im hoping things will get better next year.

*hug*

thank you. ^_^

Ankeli's revenge vote on Bad Ash sits a bit difficult for me. Bad Ash's vote at least had some sort of reasoning in it but Ankeli just voted because he didn't like Bad Ash's reaction on his posts.

two votes on Ankeli now. Day ends in a little bit. hmm.... :scratchchin:

We only have a few hours left?

Ugh.

I don't get a scum read from you, lynch > no lynch, and we seems to have lynching issues every single game. Hopefully we get everyone to at least post this first day...

We have less than twenty minutes left as I'm writing this. Christmas preparations have taken my time today, and I did not manage to sort out or write a post about my reads. That will have to wait until tomorrow.

Ankeli seems to have four votes, six required to lynch. Time to decide whether I want him dead... and I don't think I do. This is essentially a random lynch, formed because Ankeli was the only one with more than one vote, and I have no reason to trust randomness. Also, the questions and comments from Ankeli have been revealing. They've given me some idea of how much Ankeli knows, and I'd think anti-towns were better informed.

I will reread Ankeli's posts next to check my thinking. If someone has a strong reason to lynch him, do share.

Alright, I *think* I've nailed all the votes. There's about 10 minutes left of the day. Please help with the vote tallies... This is my first game and I'm still not an expert.

nurman is banned again?

If it is a longer period this time, maybe a replacement is needed... perhaps Noammr would still like to play?

Otherwise, after reading Ankeli's posts again, I don't feel like voting him. There are two votes missing anyway.

Day 1 is over. It is now Night 1. Please send your Night Actions ASAP. Night 1 will end at this time on 12/26. There may be no posts until then.

Have a good Christmas everyone!!

This is really embarresing, but I left my list of roles and such at home when I left and I don't have them on my laptop... Could you all please PM me or e-mail me at [email protected] with your roles so I can make sure that when you all send me Night Actions I'm getting the right people the right answers?

<===Fail.

Clean your inbox and I'll send you the PM with the roles you sent me at the start of the game.

Please forgive this tardiness.

No one died last night and it is now Day 2. You may post freely for the next 48 hours. The Aura of Peace is still up.

I've also decided to make a change to the rules: Once Day 3 starts, ANYONE may fight ANYBODY with Fight: <Name>.

Also, tomorrow, 12/27 I'll be traveling and not near my computer.

TC, if you could forward me that PM, that would be great. There are a couple of people who still need responses to their investigations and I don't know who is who totally.

how long is the Aura up for again? until next day phase, yeah? and no deaths, hm? im not taking it seriously because it was the holidays and im sure everyone was too busy to get in a NK. that's my theory anyhows.

That's a possibility, Leo, but there could also be a role blocker or doctor type role in play.

Vote: Sathoris

Let us get this party started shall we?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High