Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

Re: Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

Fuer grissa ost drauka.

Ah, I forgot to realise he could've been using quotes already in the game. Good catch.

However now Gorny's making us believe he's restricted again? His first posts were normal, so why are you posting like this Gorny?

Gorny:
He can't try any harder to hint he is with the Horde by speaking as Tauren, Orc and Blood Elf. The Horde, our game moderator says, is against the Twilight Hammer Cult, apparently responsible for Noammr's death. All these hints, and yet nothing of real substance to them. It's a great plan for a mafia scum to look like they are contributing and/or dropping clues, without really doing so.

I'd give Gorny more credit than him trying something that simplistic as scum. That said, I'm not sure what he thinks he's doing, other than being his mysterious self. Perhaps he means to poke us, trying to get some reactions to judge?

Ankeli:
He talks about no third party killers for balance reasons yet also talks about DPS roles initiating combat and the possibility of death through injuries. Plus he wants to get into combat, which can't happen for 3 more game nights. It's subliminal code for "keep me alive 3 more nights."

Wanting to experiment with the combat system is understandable, I want to see it in action too. The post about injuries was in response to me, and in the absence of other topics to talk about I think talking about combat mechanics is better than nothing.

Feysal:
Last game, while mafia, he lurked, talked about being busy on mafiascum.net, and always tried to appear pro-town when he posted, yet posted less than normal and about fewer subjects. He is acting the same this game. Plus he noticed nurman being banned, which is quite the attention to detail for a lurker. Is there a connection you both share? If either of you turn up mafia, I know who to focus on next.

I don't think we are far enough into the game to really accuse anyone of lurking, and I would not be surprised if many people were more busy than usual just before Christmas. My alignment has nothing to do with my commitments on mafiascum.net, and if you think I am ignoring something of importance, do point it out. As for nurman being banned, I think it is only natural to be worried about what effects that may have on the game. If the ban had been longer, it may have been necessary to seek a replacement for nurman, which is certainly worthy of attention.

Nolecub:
Technically, Nolecub shouldn't be on this list, seeing as he doesn't have a post I can sort this list by. He gets an honorary spot on this list anyway, as a policy vote for inactivity. While I am singling Nolecub out, don't think I'm not keeping an eye on the 1 post posters.

So, you considered my mention of nurman's ban as suspicious, for drawing attention to a lurker - which nurman is not, there is an obvious reason for his inactivity. Then you yourself highlight Nolecub's inactivity (confusing him with Noammr) and vote him? You've certainly caught my attention with this.

Overall, I'm not really sold on any of your cases here, and your attempt to link me with nurman looks strange. I tried something similar with Bad Ash and Leo last game, if you remember. The game is still young though, and I've never yet seen a very good case on a first day in our games here.

I've been lurking on my phone....just hate posting on it.

The majority of the day has been the normal day one jibberish, so there isn't really areason to chime in unless you are just trying to blend in.

@YAWP. Your plan for Xmas extension is fine by me.

As far as the combat and waiting until day 3....I agree that recruiting, or more accurately, forming a party with tank,healer, and dps is necessary before combat may begin.

Adding to above....damn phone......combat may be a moot point by day 3 as there is a possibility that 5 of us being Nkd / lynched by then.

I'm fairly confident that Gorny is NOT restricted because just posting with different horde quotes hardly makes any sense. Even less when he did post clearly earlier.

Gorny, any reason for your sudden abbudance of horde quotes?

^
|
|
Apart from you being
a horde fanboy :p

Oh, that doesn't sound good. We might have a complication or two...
Don't worry. Old Brann has got your back. Keep that metal monstrosity busy and I'll see if I can sweet talk this machine into helping you.
This is a wee bit trickier that before... Oh, bloody--incomin'!

I wonder how we are able to initiate combat? My role said nothing of such ability, so I guess some roles (dps, perhaps the mafia too?) have the ability to do so... If I could, I'd go out and test it. I've dreamt of giving Leo a good can of whoopass anyway. ;)

that sounds uber sexy.

*hands you paddle*

"Just be gentle. I'm delicate like a flower."

:jig: ;D

This of course begs the question, how are the parties formed? There could be a mafia faction with three players already in existence, or possibly a single cult leader capable of killing or recruiting new members. To counter that, the town could have masons, either a preset group or a mason recruiter.

im going to agree with the latter part. if there is a 3-person mafia already, we probably would've started fighting by now. and we can't have more than 3 masons for balance purposes and equal combat engaging.

On other matters, I went and googled the phrases Gorny has been posting. So far they've included the languages of Tauren, Orcs and Blood Elves, and none of them appear to mean anything of interest.

this is to you and Trionth: i believe Gorny is just doing it for flavor. iirc, YAWP said he was not going to have post restrictions.

Noammr:
Technically, Noammr shouldn't be on this list, seeing as he doesn't have a post I can sort this list by. He gets an honorary spot on this list anyway, as a policy vote for inactivity. While I am singling Noammr out, don't think I'm not keeping an eye on the 1 post posters.

Vote: Noammr

Yup, thanks for catching that. Too many names are too similar. Every time I mention Noammr in that earlier post, replace it with Nolecub.

Unvote: Noammr
Vote: Nolecub

lol, was about to say, "Noammr's dead, brah. Trying to rub salt in Noammr's wound some more?"

Bal'a dash, malanore,

Anaria shola, Bandu Thoribas!

Bash'a no falor talah!

By the power of all that is evil, I command you to awaken and make me a sandwich!

no, im kidding. just stop speaking in diff Horde languages before you die of a squee-attack. :D

I'd give Gorny more credit than him trying something that simplistic as scum. That said, I'm not sure what he thinks he's doing, other than being his mysterious self. Perhaps he means to poke us, trying to get some reactions to judge?

ja ja. :nod:

I tried something similar with Bad Ash and Leo last game, if you remember.

yes..... i remember that quite clearly. :evil2:

*soft hiss*

I don't think we are far enough into the game to really accuse anyone of lurking

I'm not accusing anyone of being a lurker. I merely repeated what you said about yourself. Or did you forget your first sentence of your first post this game?

and if you think I am ignoring something of importance, do point it out.

OK. I'll be more blunt. I think you (or a lot of others for that matter) are not scum hunting. That's just a wee bit important. Am I the only one in the RVS/RQS stage to actually use votes and questions?

So, you considered my mention of nurman's ban as suspicious, for drawing attention to a lurker - which nurman is not, there is an obvious reason for his inactivity.

I'm not sure what this means. I think you think that I thought something which I didn't.

I never said nurman was a lurker and I never said you drew attention to a lurker. I was calling you the lurker, but also an observant lurker. Do you deny either description?

Notice I asked a question after the sentence where I paired you and nurman. A question you didn't bother to answer in your reply. The sentence after that is merely another form of "I've got my eye on you" but applied to both you and nurman.

Then you yourself highlight Nolecub's inactivity (confusing him with Noammr) and vote him? You've certainly caught my attention with this.

Are you unhappy with the results produced? What do you think of Nolecub's self claimed lurkiness? Do you think it's more likely he is pro-town or anti-town for lurking.

Overall, I'm not really sold on any of your cases here, and your attempt to link me with nurman looks strange. I tried something similar with Bad Ash and Leo last game, if you remember. The game is still young though, and I've never yet seen a very good case on a first day in our games here.

Then I guess you'll have to make your own list and do your own scum hunting. I'm anxious to see it.

This of course begs the question, how are the parties formed? There could be a mafia faction with three players already in existence, or possibly a single cult leader capable of killing or recruiting new members.

Don't you feel that a single cult leader for the main faction would be underpowered? It seems that if the town got lucky that faction could be out of the game pretty quick.

The word I meant is 'party'. Combat can involve individual players or parties of several people. That is how I interpret it anyway, and the reference to a party leader seems to confirm it.

The fact that we can't have combat until day 3 gives me the idea that recruitment is more likely. The three nights would be necessary for party leaders to recruit members before being ready for combat.

This is my current theory, not much more than an informed guess like I said. Any thoughts?

I was thinking that combat would be initiated by someone declaring an attack on someone else in the thread. Then anyone can choose to join either the attacker or defender. Possibly with attacker and defender becoming party leaders for that combat.

From the rules it sounds like the whole party will only have one choice between attack/defend/retreat instead of individual choices.

Vote: Ankeli

His first post to me read like this:

he said that he has no ability to do combat and that anyone who does is most likely to be mafia.

and then it just read like he was trying to get people to claim this to have the ability to do combat. Assumptions that I do not believe have good intentions

I wonder how we are able to initiate combat? My role said nothing of such ability, so I guess some roles (dps, perhaps the mafia too?) have the ability to do so... If I could, I'd go out and test it. I've dreamt of giving Leo a good can of whoopass anyway. ;)

ok not as brash as I remembered it, but just very subtly, under the radar an: "im not mafia, but possibly everyone who is combat capable is, and could anyone test this cause I cant?"

its a reach but just my gut

Vote: Ankeli

His first post to me read like this:

he said that he has no ability to do combat and that anyone who does is most likely to be mafia.

and then it just read like he was trying to get people to claim this to have the ability to do combat. Assumptions that I do not believe have good intentions

ok not as brash as I remembered it, but just very subtly, under the radar an: "im not mafia, but possibly everyone who is combat capable is, and could anyone test this cause I cant?"

its a reach but just my gut

You're misunderstanding me, but OK. I just feel like you're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill there. I never referred to the combat-able people as mafia, I was just trying to think of groups that might be able to initiate it.

I do have to admit to being completely oblivious to the fact that combat can only start on day 3, despite of reading the first post twice. I must have skipped over it subconciously.

Still, and this is not an OMGUS vote for voting me, but for your reaction to my words:

Vote: Bad Ash

Only two that stand out to me at the moment are Gorny and Leo. Both have made voluminous posts that really do nothing more than take up space and appear to be active.

Vote: Gorny

I wonder if Leeroy is a role?

Maybe a rogue cop / vigilanté?

Only two that stand out to me at the moment are Gorny and Leo. Both have made voluminous posts that really do nothing more than take up space and appear to be active.

Vote: Gorny

This was what I've begun to think.

Also, what if Gorny is trying to get himself killed? Village idiot maybe? His last however many posts have been quotes and he hasn't answered any questions as to why he's posting like this.

Or he's just being sneaky trying to get reactions like Leo said :scratchhead: connection between Leo and Gorny maybe?

I wonder if Leeroy is a role?

Maybe a rogue cop / vigilanté?

Who's Leeroy?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High