Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

Re: Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

One other thing, Goryani did a good job summarizing the combat rules, but I could add some analysis. The random portion in the formulas (1d6 - 1d6) ranges from -5 to 5, meaning if the difference between attacker and defender stats is greater than that, there really is no contest. We don't know what the range of stats is of course, but for balance reasons I'd guess something between 1 and 8 to be most likely.

In regards to Christmas, Night 1 is probably going to be extended... Day 1 ends tomorrow, 12/23 and Day 2 would start 12/24. I'm thinking of just extending Night 1 until after Christmas. However, I am more than willing to leave it up for a vote.

nurman will be out for about another 9-10 hours.

Feysal, injury? I found it interesting in the way that it takes 5 to die, so I'm expecting a lot of combat. I'm actually really interested in how it works, so I'm hereby granting permission for anyone who wants to / can to attack me so we see how it works in effect. If it is a daytime ability at all.

Yeah, Feysal, I went back and read the post and nothing really jumped out at me. The concept of injuries and combat is interesting, but I don't see anything useful in the post. Resting at the expense of any night action is an intriguing balance feature, I think.

While you're all busy debating my mechanics and deciding on someone to lynch, I'd also like your opinions for Christmas...

As it stands right now, Day 2 will be beginning on 12/24. I know a lot of people will be busy on the 24th and subsequently the 25th.

I am willing to extend Night 1 (which begins tomorrow) until the 26th. That way people can enjoy Christmas without having to worry about a forum mafia game, and Day 2 will begin on 26th.

I am also willing to entertain other ideas.

YAWP, I'll be pretty busy over Christmas (and Newyears eve + day... :crazyeyes:)

Breaking for those defienently sounds good! You have my vote :thumbup:

Anaria shola..........

The word I meant is 'party'. Combat can involve individual players or parties of several people. That is how I interpret it anyway, and the reference to a party leader seems to confirm it.

This of course begs the question, how are the parties formed? There could be a mafia faction with three players already in existence, or possibly a single cult leader capable of killing or recruiting new members. To counter that, the town could have masons, either a preset group or a mason recruiter.

The fact that we can't have combat until day 3 gives me the idea that recruitment is more likely. The three nights would be necessary for party leaders to recruit members before being ready for combat.

This is my current theory, not much more than an informed guess like I said. Any thoughts?

On other matters, I went and googled the phrases Gorny has been posting. So far they've included the languages of Tauren, Orcs and Blood Elves, and none of them appear to mean anything of interest.

I also agree that a xmas eve/day break is necessary.

I think also that the 3 days of no combat could be so this game just gets its legs, but the recruitment thing is also likely

Day 1 is half over, so time to start progressing in the game.

List of suspects (in order of their first post this game):
Gorny:
He can't try any harder to hint he is with the Horde by speaking as Tauren, Orc and Blood Elf. The Horde, our game moderator says, is against the Twilight Hammer Cult, apparently responsible for Noammr's death. All these hints, and yet nothing of real substance to them. It's a great plan for a mafia scum to look like they are contributing and/or dropping clues, without really doing so.

Ankeli:
He talks about no third party killers for balance reasons yet also talks about DPS roles initiating combat and the possibility of death through injuries. Plus he wants to get into combat, which can't happen for 3 more game nights. It's subliminal code for "keep me alive 3 more nights."

Feysal:
Last game, while mafia, he lurked, talked about being busy on mafiascum.net, and always tried to appear pro-town when he posted, yet posted less than normal and about fewer subjects. He is acting the same this game. Plus he noticed nurman being banned, which is quite the attention to detail for a lurker. Is there a connection you both share? If either of you turn up mafia, I know who to focus on next.

Noammr:
Technically, Noammr shouldn't be on this list, seeing as he doesn't have a post I can sort this list by. He gets an honorary spot on this list anyway, as a policy vote for inactivity. While I am singling Noammr out, don't think I'm not keeping an eye on the 1 post posters.

Vote: Noammr

The word I meant is 'party'. Combat can involve individual players or parties of several people. That is how I interpret it anyway, and the reference to a party leader seems to confirm it.

This of course begs the question, how are the parties formed? There could be a mafia faction with three players already in existence, or possibly a single cult leader capable of killing or recruiting new members. To counter that, the town could have masons, either a preset group or a mason recruiter.

The fact that we can't have combat until day 3 gives me the idea that recruitment is more likely. The three nights would be necessary for party leaders to recruit members before being ready for combat.

This is my current theory, not much more than an informed guess like I said. Any thoughts?

Your role doesn't give you hints about this? Interesting.

The phrases Gorny's been saying are jibberish. There are only about 40 words of every language in WoW to translate every word of english. So I must say to Gorny: bur

Gorny:
He can't try any harder to hint he is with the Horde by speaking as Tauren, Orc and Blood Elf. The Horde, our game moderator says, is against the Twilight Hammer Cult, apparently responsible for Noammr's death. All these hints, and yet nothing of real substance to them. It's a great plan for a mafia scum to look like they are contributing and/or dropping clues, without really doing so.

Gorny's always on my suspect list because, mainly, he's always drawing attention to him through something. Again now with these posts. I can't possibly see how any posting restriction coul fit into this game. I know he's a big WoW enthousiast and I do like the posts, but the attention he draws onto himself always strikes me as strange. I've gone after him before for these reasons and got myself lynched in the progress.

Bal'a dash, malanore,

The phrases Gorny's been saying are jibberish. There are only about 40 words of every language in WoW to translate every word of english. So I must say to Gorny: bur

Anaria shola, Bandu Thoribas!

Gorny's always on my suspect list because, mainly, he's always drawing attention to him through something. Again now with these posts. I can't possibly see how any posting restriction coul fit into this game. I know he's a big WoW enthousiast and I do like the posts, but the attention he draws onto himself always strikes me as strange. I've gone after him before for these reasons and got myself lynched in the progress.

Bash'a no falor talah!

Day 1 is half over, so time to start progressing in the game.

Noammr:
Technically, Noammr shouldn't be on this list, seeing as he doesn't have a post I can sort this list by. He gets an honorary spot on this list anyway, as a policy vote for inactivity. While I am singling Noammr out, don't think I'm not keeping an eye on the 1 post posters.

Vote: Noammr

Noaammr is dead as of the first post of the day. Do you mean Nolecub?

They're not gibberish. They're actual quotes.

Post #25 Tauren
"The Earth Mother watch over us under cover of the night as in the day. Let this fire illuminate both our bodies and spirits and remind us of our honored ancestors, who are ever present and guiding our way. "

Post #38 Orc
"Yes, Victory or Death!
"By my axe I will protect you, I obey"

Post #50 Blood Elf
"Speak your business.........."

Preview edit: and more phrases from Gorny.

"Greetings traveler,
Speak your business, prepare to fight! [ the last two words are Darnassian]
Tase the chill of true death!"

Noaammr is dead as of the first post of the day. Do you mean Nolecub?

Yup, thanks for catching that. Too many names are too similar. Every time I mention Noammr in that earlier post, replace it with Nolecub.

Unvote: Noammr
Vote: Nolecub

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High