Halloween Saw themed Mafia game.

Re: Halloween Saw themed Mafia game.

Vote: Uraj

As of right now Uraj is the only person we know nothing about. He seems to not want to role claim and Feysal has claimed he's anti-town, so I say he gets the rope.

Vote: Uraj

As of right now Uraj is the only person we know nothing about. He seems to not want to role claim and Feysal has claimed he's anti-town, so I say he gets the rope.

Really, what information do you have on Trionth?

I have no problem roleclaiming if the town doesn't want to pursue my plan.

One thing still bugs me:

I asked a select group of people a set of questions, and out of that group only one bothered to answer. So that makes the rest anti town in my eyes until proven otherwise.

Dragomir seems to have claimed pro town.
Zhao seems to be claiming pro town
Feysal seems to be a cop
Gory claimed or was a doc. He's dead.
Korial seems to be the a/roleblocker and this is confirmed/referenced in other posts.

4. I_Told_You
11. Trionth
15. Uraj

None of the three of you have yet to bother to answer my question about why one of the others on the list you are on should hang and why you should live.

The list is narrowed to the three of you.

I'm perfectly willing and will jump on a lynch train on any of you unless you have a damned good reason for me not to do so.

Feysal seems to be a cop

I appologise for not answering your question, but I have claimed Cop, yesterday.

As to feysal's cop claim - you do know that it shows Mara as anti-town, when he had your role stealing role. So according to feysal you are Anti-town.......

I appologise for not answering your question, but I have claimed Cop, yesterday.

As to feysal's cop claim - you do know that it shows Mara as anti-town, when he had your role stealing role. So according to feysal you are Anti-town.......

Which I know I am not.

So that leaves the question on Feysal: Is he anti town or a random cop or some other variant.

I know I am town, lynching me would be a mistake for the town.
Lastly with all of the cop roles, I would not trust any of them because there is no way to prove that any one of them are really sane or pro town.

I see Zhao there...

Zhao would you agree with me on the idea of there not being 100% certainty that the so claimed cop roles in this game may not be truthful, either by their on admissions or by fault of unknown game mechanics?

I have no doubt that TC is devious.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "recruitment by role stealing". Do you mean that the role stealer role would be kind of a virus? You can pass it on, the player you pass it on becomes the new role stealer, and the previous role stealer remains aligned with the new role stealer. Essentially, this would be a cult where the latest recruit becomes the recruiter.

Would I consider this possible? Maybe. The only problem would be balancing it, and this sounds very powerful. With a 75% chance of adding new members, a role stealer cult could easily overrun the town. Its only weakness would be having the role stealer killed, which would stop the growth of the group.

How different would this be from a regular cult? The only real difference would be that with a normal cult, the recruiter is always the same person, and can be caught by investigation. If the cult added new members with a role stealer, it would be considerably harder to locate the player who adds new members, and stop the growth of the cult.

My conclusion is that balance-wise, a cult with a role stealer would be much more powerful than a standard cult, and a standard cult is already overpowered in my opinion. TC is devious, but I don't think even he would give us such an overpowered cult without some town powers to counter it.

No offence is intended to anyone, this was a theoretical question.

That's disappointing. I thought you'd let your imagination run wild and say something in the lines of a limitation on recruitment like only certain names or just vanilla townies. When they tried to recruit you, it bounced back so Mara had to switch up the success rate from 100% to 75% as an out and Gorny claims Bus Driver as insurance.

Yeah, 3 cops and a reporter, not to mention 2 docs, nah, that's not an unbalanced town. The only other option is one of the cops is lying which pretty much means you're out of luck.

I see Zhao there...

Zhao would you agree with me on the idea of there not being 100% certainty that the so claimed cop roles in this game may not be truthful, either by their on admissions or by fault of unknown game mechanics?

I agree, there are too many cop claims. Some shenanigans are afoot here.

Only one flaw.

I've never been recruited into a cult by anyone nor am i aware of one (Mara for one).

Assuming that I am not lying, and I did steal Mara's role, and never had my role stolen after.

That makes me pro town all along, regardless of who says otherwise.
That made Mara Neutral until he successfully stole a role, after that, I don't know. Mara could not have recruited anyone before I stole his role, nor could he the the next night. A busdriver does not recruit, so it's impossible for me to recruit, period.

One of the cops is either lying or he's insane or random.

So why did ITY claim yesterday? Is he some sort of super cop?

Sath get pictures.
Laarz gets names.
Feysal gets alignments.
ITY gets both names and alignments?

Why would ITY investigate Mara over Feysal? Wouldn't confirming a possible cop take presidence over a role stealer?

So what's the general consensus here? Cult or no cult?

Oh and Zhao, good question on ITY's part. That fact that he gets both name and allignment seems kinda fishy. Also didn't he claim cop after most people had role claimed? At this point all he has to do is claim to have investigated someone, and then "confirm" that their role is indeed the one they claimed.

Wow, I'm caught up again. I've spent this weekend with most of my internet access only being my phone, which made it impossible to keep up with this thread (20+ pages a day!?). I should be around more the next few days, although I will never be a prolific poster (a carry over from real life, where I tend to be a rather quiet person). However, I would have changed my vote from Feysal to BA if I had been able to keep up, which would have made the whole end of day chaos a little simpler.

Feysal's claim and claimed investigations seem to have so many holes, but I am having a lot of trouble not believing him, which leaves him being a random cop as the only(?) rational theory. I, for one, would not be surprised that TC would put such a role in, especially in a game based on Saw.

Zhao, you say you didn't press me, yet you called me on claiming a vanilla town role. If you weren't looking for a name, what were you looking for? If I have a vanilla role, there is not much I can claim other than being vanilla and my name. I don't suspect you of anything, just trying to understand.

Someone posted something about me holding someone's family hostage. I did not bother to look my role up on the wiki before that (why bother for a vanilla role?), but did so afterwards. According to what I skimmed (I'm thinking of possibly watching the movies, so didn't want to spoil them too much), I was forced into it, with the life of someone I cared about being held over me if I didn't.

So, if I get this right, we're looking at either Feysal-Trionth or ITY-Uraj, correct? I'd say, lynch Uraj or Trionth so that if he is pro-town, we don't kill our actual cop, and I'm leaning towards Uraj. I would, however, like to hear what's going on with Leo.

YAWP, you should definitely target one of us who has not been "confirmed." However, you should not say who it is going to be, as that gives the mafia more information to work with.

Korial, Leo said she was going to be busy, but would try to find time. Maybe you should go ahead and post it so we know what we're working with?

I like these power naps, they are very useful for working through thoughts/ideas.

I remembered something. Didn't ITY ask if YAWP was still Matthews before he came forward about the switch? How could he have known that if he is not a cop? This makes me wonder what to believe again.

Also, why did neither Goryani or Gorny protect Goryani? After claiming doctor, he had to be a top target, and by letting him die, we lost 2 town players (assuming the lover connection is correct, which seems plausible).

Looks like the question now is whether I am a random cop, or is there any other unknown mechanic that could explain mine and ITY's contradictory results on Marahumm. I cannot rule either theory out as impossible, unfortunately. Maybe I should have investigated Ankeli after all, getting a neutral result of him would have ruled out random cop.

That's disappointing. I thought you'd let your imagination run wild and say something in the lines of a limitation on recruitment like only certain names or just vanilla townies.

In Marahumm's Futurama mafia, the catch with the cult was that they could only recruit non-robot players. But this is a TC game, and in the Stargate game hosted by TC, the cult had no limitations in who they could recruit, as long as they recruited pro-town. I and Noodle were cops, and we were both recruited. The only counters the town had to the cult were the limited success rate of the recruiter, and the ARG which Goryani had. With the ARG, Goryani was able to destroy two cultists, and clear several others of being cult.

When they tried to recruit you, it bounced back so Mara had to switch up the success rate from 100% to 75% as an out and Gorny claims Bus Driver as insurance.

When I started thinking about them being cult, I wondered if the actual success rate was even lower than 75%, and TC had never informed them what it actually was. As for the bus driver, I did not think that was for insurance, rather it was a genuine power Art Blank had had, but never got to use. In the Stargate game, cult members lost their powers when recruited, and their actions on the night they were recruited failed.

Yeah, 3 cops and a reporter, not to mention 2 docs, nah, that's not an unbalanced town. The only other option is one of the cops is lying which pretty much means you're out of luck.

If all those powers were genuine, it would be a powerful town, but it lacks the one power necessary to deal with a cult: vigilante. In Stargate, the town had Ankeli as a vigilante and Goryani with the ARG. Goryani destroyed both me and Bad Ash, the cult recruiter, in one day with the ARG. Without a vigilante, how do you stop a cult? If you can only lynch one cult member a day, and they can replace that cultist by recruitment, the town will run out of players before getting the last cultist.

So why did ITY claim yesterday? Is he some sort of super cop?

Sath get pictures.
Laarz gets names.
Feysal gets alignments.
ITY gets both names and alignments?

This is how it would appear. When I was a cop in Stargate, I got both role and alignment, so that is not unheard of. Noodle was the other cop, I don't know whether he would've been as powerful, though I know he was insane. This game... three sane cops does seem like a lot.

Just as a reminder, I am the cop that Sathoris got a picture of.

Why would ITY investigate Mara over Feysal? Wouldn't confirming a possible cop take presidence over a role stealer?

Confirming the validity of my results would take precedence over any one investigation, and ITY could have thought of that. Imagine if I had died that night, and could not say what result I got investigating myself. If ITY got the same or the opposite result I'd gotten when investigating either Uraj or Marahumm, it would've shown how reliable my results were.

I remembered something. Didn't ITY ask if YAWP was still Matthews before he came forward about the switch? How could he have known that if he is not a cop? This makes me wonder what to believe again.

Good catch, I'd forgotten about this. It is an oddly specific question, and indicates ITY actually knew something. This game just keeps getting more confusing.

Also, why did neither Goryani or Gorny protect Goryani? After claiming doctor, he had to be a top target, and by letting him die, we lost 2 town players (assuming the lover connection is correct, which seems plausible).

Goryani might not have been able to protect himself, and after two cop claims, either me or ITY could've ended up being targeted as well.

Korial, Leo said she was going to be busy, but would try to find time. Maybe you should go ahead and post it so we know what we're working with?

Yea I know, but that was mostly regarding the weekend right?

Anyway I will post what I learned. Take it with a pinch of salt though until Leo can clarify, since it was difficult to tell what was theorycrafting and what the actual role does.

So don't jump down here throat until she can clarify, then we can take it from there.

Alright so Leo claims to be Jill Krames, ex-wife of John Kramer AKA Jigsaw. She's a vanilla townie with a trigger effect, and she doesn't know what triggers it.

She also said that she's positive that of Jigsaw or Mark Hoffman died, she'd become anti-town. I specifically asked if she was anti-town, because Mark is now dead, and she said no. So that seems like theorycrafting.

I also asked if she knows exactly what happens when Jigsaw dies, but she has no idea. On the other hand, she seems to think that if/when Jigsaw is killed, she carries out his final plans, which would be killing Mark Hoffman. Apparently the box Jiff recieves in the movies after Jigsaw's death contains his plans for killing Mark Hoffman.

When I asked for further clarification about her role, or more specifically her win condition. She replied that she has no idea what her victory condition is or what the trigger is either.All she knows is that she is Jill Kramer with no special powers yet.

Afterwards she read up on the character, and now things the trigger could be John Kramers death. What happens? She doesn't seem to know.

Again I want to state that before me make any big conclusions for this, Leo should be allowed to verify this, or correct some information regarding what we talked about. I'm no expert on the Saw movies, and the whole Jill Kramer role sounds a bit confusing.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High