Halloween Saw themed Mafia game.

Re: Halloween Saw themed Mafia game.

@Feysal: I give you ammo and you don't shoot with it. You're no fun at all.

@ITY: Night 3 you said you investigated me. Why didn't you go for one of the hot potatoes, namely mara, gorny or feysal?

@korialstraz: Did any of the saw movies take place in a bar? Or is your character a bartender of sorts?

@Gorny: Seems you're itching to lynch one of the cop claims. Which one do you prefer?

@Dragomir: Jump.

@Dragomir: Jump.

How-High-933-30.jpg

@korialstraz: Did any of the saw movies take place in a bar? Or is your character a bartender of sorts?

I believe it's just the name of the role. Feysal had that role in I think that western game. In which it'd make sense to call it bartender right?

So instead of coming up with a new name for the exact same role, just because it has a different theme, he stuck with that name.

Of course only TC can confirm this.

But to answer your question more directly, I have no idea if any of the movies take place in a bar. I've watched Saw 4 and 5, and can't recall any specific/important incidents happening in a bar.

The reason I ask is because it's odd a role like bartender be in a horror themed game, unless the person's occupation reflects that.

When I think roleblocker, I would think along the lines of the jailkeeper. You chose to imprison someone each night so they can't do their night actions and you stand on guard over them so you can communicated with them.

Secondly, there are probably many more town power roles than mafia power roles, given the information out there, so it would make more sence if the roleblocker was on the mafia side. Bad Ash coming up normal mafia kind of points to that direction, along with there being so many cop and doc claims.

It also bothers me that you blocked mara, someone who claim depends on them switching others for verification. It's almost akin to someone claiming cop and you block them at night so they can't get investigate someone to further their claim. Also, why refuse to talk to mara at night? You're not 100% sure he's mafia and picking his brain might have given the town extra information.

@Gorny: Seems you're itching to lynch one of the cop claims. Which one do you prefer?

I'm not sure yet, I might hang back and see if someone makes a mistake or some other slip and go from there.

@Gorny: Mara should be Pro-Town at this point. I was Pro-Town then he stole my role (Eric Matthews). He's silenced for a few more hours, however.

Do you believe Feysal might be telling the truth?

I believe he is, but I can't confirm or debunk what he's telling. That's making it hard to trust him or cast a vote against him. If he really is a random cop and is not anti town, lynching him would be a mistake.

@Gorny: Mara should be Pro-Town at this point. I was Pro-Town then he stole my role (Eric Matthews). He's silenced for a few more hours, however.

We'll have to wait and see then.

Another alternative is to find another viable target... Trionth?

The reason I ask is because it's odd a role like bartender be in a horror themed game, unless the person's occupation reflects that.

When I think roleblocker, I would think along the lines of the jailkeeper. You chose to imprison someone each night so they can't do their night actions and you stand on guard over them so you can communicated with them.

It is indeed an odd role, and I was actually very surprised to see it in the game, since it didn't make much sense to me considering the theme. But hey I work with what I have, and can't do much about it.

Secondly, there are probably many more town power roles than mafia power roles, given the information out there, so it would make more sence if the roleblocker was on the mafia side. Bad Ash coming up normal mafia kind of points to that direction, along with there being so many cop and doc claims.

I would be extremely surprised if there are few power mafia roles in this game. And if there aren't any, then I'm going to seriously start being concerned about a cult of some sort.

It also bothers me that you blocked mara, someone who claim depends on them switching others for verification. It's almost akin to someone claiming cop and you block them at night so they can't get investigate someone to further their claim. Also, why refuse to talk to mara at night? You're not 100% sure he's mafia and picking his brain might have given the town extra information.

I've already explained this several times. I had a bad feeling about him, and for a time it looked like he could actually be part of a cult. And I didn't refuse to speak with him, I never said that. What I did say was that real life stuff came in the way, so I didn't have time to make a proper reply. And because of that, and because I didn't really trust Mara, I decided not to reply at all. Which means there was a very small chance he'd guess what my role is.

But at the time I felt it was the best action. Partly because I didn't believe Mara's claim, and because I suspected he might try switching Feysal again, which would mean the system he and I agreed on using wouldn't work anymore. Sure I could share my finds with him, but not vice versa.

Truth be told, had I expected the massive amounts of role claims that happened the day after I blocked Mara, I probably would've picked someone else.

Another alternative is to find another viable target... Trionth?

Thats 3 people interested, YAWP, Uraj, and You. Can I just copy-paste my Role PM, or should I just tell you?

Thats 3 people interested, YAWP, Uraj, and You. Can I just copy-paste my Role PM, or should I just tell you?

That's grounds for Modkill.

Might be time for you to role claim...we're getting into endgame here, and going nowhere.

I wonder if we should be looking at this from a different perspective... Instead of trying to dissect everyone's role claims, we should look at people's behaviors.

We nailed Bad Ash. He role claimed a cop and turned out to be Mafia.

Let's start their. Let's try and see who was jumping to Bad Ash's defense, who was following him (he voted and someone followed in his footsteps) and who he was following (someone voted and he followed in that someone's footsteps).

I'll admit, that I am guilty of defending Bad Ash. But as we all know through Zhao's tactics and Mara's choice of role switching, I am NOT mafia.

Everybody and their dog can claim a pro-townie cop role, and proceed bull**** their way into the town's good graces with made up intel based on what people are role claiming with.

Now, the same could be said about Zhao using my big mouth against me, however, if he was Mafia, why would he be gunning so hard for one of his own (unless he wanted to make it easier to NK with one less voice in congress so to speak)? But honestly, I think Zhao is clean.

Anyways, getting back on track, Trionth is claiming that X people are gunning for him. Gorny and I are clean. Uraj is still a mystery. I haven't really noticed Uraj being that aggressive in this game. People have brought up their own suspicions and he seems to just fall in line. Looking at the vote histories, he voted for both Bad Ash AND Sarthoris. The two people that ended up getting lynched. He didn't vote at all in day 1, but nurman (a claimed doctor) still ended up dead.

That reeks of Mafia in my books.

I stand by my vote for Uraj.

This game has a way of being damned confusing. I've tried to see if there was some mistake somewhere, and I cannot find any. The latest point by Uraj that ITY indicated he knew YAWP had been switched before YAWP said anything is compelling. I don't want to lynch ITY, nor do I want to be lynched. Yet I need to find an explanation for why our results were contradictory.

I now have an idea that fits in Saw, allows both me and ITY to be telling the truth, and explains why there are three cops. I have no real evidence to support it, only a gut feeling I may be on the right track. Here goes.

Looking at the wiki page of Saw characters, there are several mentions of different characters being framed for crimes. Most significantly, Eric Matthews framed several people, and Mark Hoffman framed Peter Strahm as a Jigsaw apprentice. I suggest the theory that Bad Ash, as Hoffman, may have been a mafia framer. By day three when he was lynched, Bad Ash may have framed as many as three people, and if Marahumm was one of them, that would explain the anti town result I got of him. If this theory is true, YAWP would now be shown as anti-town if investigated, despite still being neutral.

This would explain three cops. We could all be sane, but the framer could screw with our investigation results, making us suspect each other when our results do not match. This would leave me as the weakest cop, since my results would be most susceptible to being corrupted.

As I said, I have no proof of any of this. But, I have to admit that the players my results appear to condemn have not acted guilty, so I have no choice but to question the accuracy of my results. ITY may see this as an opening to attack me, giving myself a way out. Please don't, I am simply trying to understand this mess we're in.

Don't want to be mod-killed lol.

I am Xavier Chavez, Vigilante, Pro-Town.

I've been trying to word this in a way that will hide who my one target is but I can't, so...

I can't just kill anyone. My win condition is if the town wins or if I kill Amanda Young. I send a name to TC each night, and if the person isn't amanda young, nothing happens. If it is, she's killed.

So far, here what I've got for people who are not Amanda Young (this information is important as I'll probably be killed tonight :\)

I targeted Leo (I'm hunting for a girl role, so it made sense.)
Marahumm (I didn't trust him, and couldn't think of anyone better)
Last night I targeted Feysal (again, trust thing, and odds weren't with him)

If the person I target isn't Amanda I get nothing back.

Preview edit: YAWP, not gunning for me, just wanting my information. I hope you see why I tried to withhold the information, and I believe I was right to do so.

Hmm. Point taken....

Bad Ash was mafia. We know this. We lynched him, and his role came back Mafia.

The following people did NOT vote for Bad Ash to be lynched:
Dragomir
Ankeli
Bad Ash
Trionth
Leopold Stotch
Marahumm
Goryani

Ankeli, Bad Ash and Goryani are dead.
Dragomir voted for Bad Ash earlier in the game (however, there was no train against Bad Ash at the time).
Trionth and Leo have both claimed pro-town roles, and provided they're both telling the truth, they are indeed both pro-town.
Marahumm has claimed to be the role switcher on several occasions. Now, I honestly think he's telling the truth. He's usually not this quiet, and he switched with a pro-townie who was in the middle of a 48 hour silence spell.

At this point, it seems like there are no Mafia left. Provided we take everyone's word at face value.

Where does that leave us? I have several theories:
1. We've cleaned out all the Mafia, and TC is screwing with us by not ending the game (HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY unlikely).
2. We have backstabbing Mafias.
3. Someone is lying through their teeth.
4. Someone is lying through their teeth AND backstabbing their fellow Mafia in the process.

I'd rather not wait for another round of night actions to make some decisions we could lose one of our power roles in the process. At this point, I'm willing to just take a shot in the dark on someone who we think smells really bad.

Okey so with a vigilante claim, can we assume that there is indeed a cult going? And if so I want to believe Feysal and say we go for Uraj.

No I'm not blindly following Feysal. From the beginning I've never really gotten a pro-town feeling from Uraj. I didn't really get a directly anti-town feeling either, but of the ones that are still alive, I'd be comfortable lynching Uraj.

Vote: Uraj

Hmmm... I just had a sudden thought:

What if YAWP is actually Anti town and has been smokescreening us the whole time?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High