Halloween Saw themed Mafia game.

Re: Halloween Saw themed Mafia game.

It's kind of funny how none of you that I mentioned in post 777 here has even bothered to answer.

Most of you have been online in the last six hours or so, and I'm feeling more and more like I just locked on to most of the potential scum in the game

I answered your question in post 807 here. If you have other questions, then ask them.

Speaking of more questions, I'll ask some of my own:
Do you feel that everyone excluded from the snippit you posted has made a roleclaim?
Do you feel those players have a legitimate roleclaim?
Do you see any holes in anyone's roleclaim?
Out of those who have claimed, which roles do you think have the best chance of being verified without being lynched.
Under what circumstances could we verify those roles?
Why do you think there are 5 scum in this game?
What roles/characters do you think make up the 5 scum?
Do you think a mass roleclaim will "win the game" for the town?
Do you wonder who/if Marahumm switched with anyone?

Preview edit:
I see the question about Mara is now moot.

So I'm going to start voting each of you until I get an answer, starting Dragomir.

Vote: Dragomir

If you don't want your neck lynched, answer the questions.

You might be waiting for a while... 6 posts in three days.

- I did not know I could silence Eric Matthews until YAWP brought it up on Day 1.
- The only details of his silence I know of is the ones that he has posted.
- According to him, he cannot post at all for 48 hours, so no new voting.
- I don't know of any trigger phrase, but I would guess it would be my name.

Uraj, ITY, and BA as a mafia team would be a little weird, they all unvoted nurman at the same time, you think they would really cluster like that?

I disagree on letting Bad Ash live. He is a very capable Mafia player and can be dangerous, especially if he is Mr. Jiggles. Like I said before, players are afraid of lynching power role claims, no matter how good or bad they are presented. Use your judgment people and don't be wishy-washy.

You're a little suspicious because of your general posting patterns. Why did you have to resort to the patented "I'm just a townie" phrase?

Oh? If you had to lynch someone right now, who would it be?

feysal because im an odds player. theres a reason I play a lot of online poker. Stating opinions and casting votes are different things to me. I fall into gamblers fallacy a lot, but that does not apply to the current situation at hand.

I also believe we have to have some sort of vigilante present due to sathoris' hardcore belief that we had one. I would not be surprised if anyone turns up vigilante. Also, do not think we have a cult, but this is just personal opinion.

And voting for me, outside of the fact that I AM pro-town, should not even be happening to begin with. the point of a lynch is an information trail which is something I will not provide. If I was not who I said I was, then yes, it would be a good lynch, but instead you will come up short and inhibit the town and Zhao, you should be scolded just for sticking YAWP with an unchangeable vote because you are on a personal vendetta that is going to hurt our chances of winning, especially if a vigilante is soon to become active.

oh and I am not jigsaw. good try though.

edit to the above: my gut feeling is that the vigilante has not been activated yet, but I am no where near certain about this, just stating my thoughts. My reasoning is that this is a very large game, and despite TC's love of breaking records for posts in mafia games, even 1 kill per night would last waaay too long

Uraj, ITY, and BA as a mafia team would be a little weird, they all unvoted nurman at the same time, you think they would really cluster like that?

Like I said, it's entirely possible one or more are not mafia, but they are all worth looking into. I could come up with reasons to suspect each one outside of their vote history, but the vote history happens to be simple, concise, and just might be a new angle others have not looked into.

I don't think they would cluster intentionally. However, they did unvote in a two minute timeframe. It's entirely possible they unvoted in haste without seeing who else unvoted. It's the timing and not looking for other suspects that seemed most suspicious to me.

Players alive:
1. Dragomir - Getting a mafia vibe from him
2. Ankeli - I belive noodle's claim so cleared
3. Leopold Stotch - I'm not sure, she spams too much
4. I_Told_You - Possibly townie
5. Bad Ash - I think he could be Jigsaw
6. Zhao_Yue - more awesome than ankeli
7. Feysal - I want to lynch him since Mara's role suggested mafia, but no one is interested.
8. Goryani - Unknown but seems townie
9. Noodle - I believe his claim so townie
10. Marahumm - I want to lynch him to try to get a read on Feysal, but again no one is interested.
11. Trionth - Unknown but seems townie
12. korialstraz - Unknown but seems townie
13. Gorny - Probably townie, but not talking as much as I would though after being silenced
14. Your Average WoW Player - Townie
15. Uraj - Unknown

Funnily enough I agree with you on most of these, except maybe Dragomir and most definately not about your analysis of Zhao_Yue. Also kudos on the silence.

Unvote: Zhao_Yue
Vote: Feysal

2 failed role swaps brings the percentage of him being town down to around 15~ or so %, unless there is a mafia role blocker. But as it is our best lead (ignoring BA's silly claim) I'll go with it.

Funnily enough I agree with you on most of these, except maybe Dragomir and most definately not about your analysis of Zhao_Yue. Also kudos on the silence.

Unvote: Zhao_Yue

2 failed role swaps brings the percentage of him being town down to around 15~ or so %, unless there is a mafia role blocker. But as it is our best lead (ignoring BA's silly claim) I'll go with it.

1st. my claim is not un-serious

2nd: Vote: Feysal

3am my time (yes I remember these this time.), will try to check in tomorrow and most likely will at somepoint but not sure with the GF parents in town so I am placing a vote now following Stumpys lead. (Odds ZY...Odds)

You're a little suspicious because of your general posting patterns. Why did you have to resort to the patented "I'm just a townie" phrase?

I'm sorry, would you have preferred me to claim a fake role? If you need my name, it is Zep Hindle, and I have no abilities.

Zhao, why do you think I am mafia? I am a vanilla townie, and since there has yet to be a response from Mara, I think we should lynch Feysal, as I said before.

Why you should not vote for me and who I think should be voted for, my reasons were already stated and should be fairly obvious. It was suspicious enough that the role-steal failed (and at least you should believe Mara has this role, unless the two of you really did make it up), and I said that if there was no response from Mara we should lynch him, or if he announced another failure, we should lynch one of them... so now Feysal has been targeted and failed twice, there should be no argument that he is the correct target.

Alright guys, I think it's time for me to role claim. While I gather all the info and write it up so it doesn't look like a huge wall of text, stop voting for Feysal.

Btw sorry I've not been online, some RL stuff came up and I was just praying that I would make it here in time. I hope I did.

Edit to above: Actually I might not need to role-claim. I'll present what I know, and you guys can decide if you feel I should role-claim or not.

I most likely have to reveal my ability though.

Ok so the short version which does not include a full role-claim is... I'm a roleblocker of sorts.

I've roleblocked Feysal this game. We still had a night kill, I've also roleblocked Uraj because I got a scum vibe from him, but we had a night kill.

Also I roleblocked Mara the same night he tried to switch himself with Feysal for the second time. So Mara has in fact only tried to switch Feysal once where that 75% chance of success was applied. Now considering I've only gotten a pro-town vibe so far from Feysal, I'm willing to believe he is pro-town. And I'm fairly certain I remember others saying that they feel Feysal is pro-town as well.

With that said, I'm sorry for first saying I would do a role-claim, but instead I will leave it up for you guys to decide. Should I do a full roleclaim, and reveal my name as well, or should I not.

If you're going to claim your ability, there is no reason to keep your name secret, unless you don't know what name to claim that someone will not contest.

Last night phase I attempted to switch Feysal again, and again I failed to receive a PM stating success. I will start reading up on what's been going on, but as of right now Feysal is my prime suspect.

Also I roleblocked Mara the same night he tried to switch himself with Feysal for the second time. So Mara has in fact only tried to switch Feysal once where that 75% chance of success was applied.

So here I was, catching up on new posts, seeing the votes start to pile on me, when korialstraz starts to defend me. Sorry you had to reveal your role block.

By the way, I've seen some very odd numbers for my chance to be mafia. With two failed role steals, the correct probability for me to be mafia would be about 84%. With one failed role steal, 57%.

If this knowledge does not satisfy you, I will role claim. Right now I'm somewhat pressed for time, will be back in a couple hours.

If you're going to claim your ability, there is no reason to keep your name secret, unless you don't know what name to claim that someone will not contest.

I know perfectly which name to claim, since it is in my inbox folder. However atm I will not reveal it. I have my reasons.

Sorry you had to reveal your role block.

Don't worry too much about it. I don't want the town to start lynching someone without all the information. Besides I wouldn't be able to tell people the reason Mara's second attempt failed without claiming my ability.

feysal because im an odds player. theres a reason I play a lot of online poker. Stating opinions and casting votes are different things to me. I fall into gamblers fallacy a lot, but that does not apply to the current situation at hand.

What a coincidence, I post the question right after Mara finally posted. But that is no fault of yours.

I also believe we have to have some sort of vigilante present due to sathoris' hardcore belief that we had one. I would not be surprised if anyone turns up vigilante. Also, do not think we have a cult, but this is just personal opinion.

If that is so, 1 kill per night means vigi + cult? Or lucky doc or roleblocker?

Like I mentioned before, if you claimed Amanda is already mafia, there is no recruitment. Having a fixed team and can recruit is a bit much. I would think if Mr. Jiggles was a recruiter, he'd be alone at the beginning and build his forces as the game went on.

And voting for me, outside of the fact that I AM pro-town, should not even be happening to begin with. the point of a lynch is an information trail which is something I will not provide. If I was not who I said I was, then yes, it would be a good lynch, but instead you will come up short and inhibit the town and Zhao, you should be scolded just for sticking YAWP with an unchangeable vote because you are on a personal vendetta that is going to hurt our chances of winning, especially if a vigilante is soon to become active.

Don't count yourself short, you would provide information upon lynch. "If you were not who you say you were, you would be good lynch?" - So if we think you are lying, we should lynch you? That's good to hear since you come up short on facts.

o_O I should be scolded ... don't worry, I'm sure YAWP will give his son a tongue lashing for the silent treatment.

It would be more effective if you used objective facts instead of emotional pleas to help your case.

Like I said, it's entirely possible one or more are not mafia, but they are all worth looking into. I could come up with reasons to suspect each one outside of their vote history, but the vote history happens to be simple, concise, and just might be a new angle others have not looked into.

I don't think they would cluster intentionally. However, they did unvote in a two minute timeframe. It's entirely possible they unvoted in haste without seeing who else unvoted. It's the timing and not looking for other suspects that seemed most suspicious to me.

When I was asking them questions yesterday and getting heat for it, what were you doing at the time?

I'm sorry, would you have preferred me to claim a fake role? If you need my name, it is Zep Hindle, and I have no abilities.

I said you were a little suspicious, I wasn't pushing your lynch train. Such over reaction.

Ok so the short version which does not include a full role-claim is... I'm a roleblocker of sorts.

I've roleblocked Feysal this game. We still had a night kill, I've also roleblocked Uraj because I got a scum vibe from him, but we had a night kill.

Also I roleblocked Mara the same night he tried to switch himself with Feysal for the second time. So Mara has in fact only tried to switch Feysal once where that 75% chance of success was applied. Now considering I've only gotten a pro-town vibe so far from Feysal, I'm willing to believe he is pro-town. And I'm fairly certain I remember others saying that they feel Feysal is pro-town as well.

With that said, I'm sorry for first saying I would do a role-claim, but instead I will leave it up for you guys to decide. Should I do a full roleclaim, and reveal my name as well, or should I not.

Could you list your targets and the night they were blocked? Your commentary is a little confusing.

I assume you want to claim townie role blocker. Why would you target Mara, who claimed a role that could identify mafia? I can understand if you believed that Mara could have been some sort of mafia hitman and you were trying to block their NK, but there has been no indication of that.

... and korialstraz and Feysal run away. Now there is no one left, I'm cold and there are wolves out here. Arhooo!

Could you list your targets and the night they were blocked? Your commentary is a little confusing.

I assume you want to claim townie role blocker. Why would you target Mara, who claimed a role that could identify mafia? I can understand if you believed that Mara could have been some sort of mafia hitman and you were trying to block their NK, but there has been no indication of that.

Most certainly. You're right that I should've done that, but I just got out of bed, so the post didn't come out as well as I'd hoped.

Night 1: Feysal
Night 2: Uraj
Night 3: Mara.

Feysal was just randomely chosen at night 1, hoping to get lucky.

Uraj was chosen, because I didn't have a good read on him.

Mara because I didn't quite trust his claim.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High