Halloween Saw themed Mafia game.

Re: Halloween Saw themed Mafia game.

some details on my role, I have a 100% chance of stealing a non-mafia role. The only way to get a clue as to who is mafia from my end would be if my steal attempt was unsuccessful.

Honestly I was originally planning on stealing Dragomir's role if he hadn't posted at all today in an attempt to save his role from the mod-killing hands of Snarf. Now that he won't be mod-killed that frees up my choices.

Should I cause more chaos in the game by role-stealing, in an attempt to smoke out the mafia?

Should I do nothing and play vanilla, letting some semblance of order and killing off a branch of distraction this game?

We'll just have to find out what happens come next day phase.

absolutely, but if you happen to steal a mafia role, I hope that person comes forward and you accept your lynching.

basically the pros out weigh your cons considering its not 100% chance to steal from a mafia. you can start a trail of townies by stealing town roles, or find a mafia while not stealing his role. def. worth it to you and the town

I'm against lynching the role stealer, but I'm also against lynching a muted player, that leads us to a problem, who to lynch.

@ Mara does Gorny's posts fit with your original role?

Mara you have the rolestealer role you need to use it, because if you dont the mafia will kill you to get rid of the role if it has a chance to expose them. I think you need to keep the person you target to yourself and confirm it the next day if you are both alive

I'm against lynching the role stealer, but I'm also against lynching a muted player, that leads us to a problem, who to lynch.

@ Mara does Gorny's posts fit with your original role?

Yes sir .

I think the only people who have anything to worry about from the role stealer would be the mafia, and you seem very adamant that we should get rid of it...............

I doubt it'll work on mafia. And I think Mara confirmed this later on.

I'm not sure it gains us any information on Gorny. If Zarni was the role-stealer and Gorny NKs Zarni, just getting the name of Art Blank would be enough for him to fake being mute.

That's far, far fetched.

Lynch Gorny and start day two prepared.

Lynch the closest thing we have to a confirmed townie? Yah, right.

Mara you have the rolestealer role you need to use it, because if you dont the mafia will kill you to get rid of the role if it has a chance to expose them. I think you need to keep the person you target to yourself and confirm it the next day if you are both alive

It's still more likely to work against us if the person who gets stolen won't tell it, or one of the parties gets killed during the night.

I am however going to switch my vote to who I think is mafia:

Unvote: Marahumm
Vote: Sathoris

Okay, seems you guys don't want to lynch the mute. I prefer a lynch over a no lynch. So I'm putting on my inactivity police cap and vote for nurman. One post which to be fair wasn't very contributive.

Unvote: Gorny
Vote: nurman

I doubt it'll work on mafia. And I think Mara confirmed this later on.

You misunderstood what I meant, as a townie the worst that can happen is you might change roles a bit and get confirmed, as a mafia you would be in danger of getting yourself exposed, and hence lynched.

We would need to know the exact mechanics of the role stealer.

That quote sums up my thoughts on the rolestealer. Since Mara hasn't provided more details on the mechanics, I assume the rolestealer doesn't know about those mechanics.

Any attempt to pre-plan and use the rolestealer for town benefit could backfire depending on what mechanics are involved.

Announcing targets before hand could backfire as well. Mara announces Soandso will be targeted. Mafia target Mara to frame Soandso. Someone floats the idea that Mara died because he targeted mafia (someone already has), so Soandso must be mafia. The mafia score an easy lynch without suspicion.

The new rolestealer announcing the new role of the old rolestealer will definitely backfire. If the mafia don't learn of power roles directly, they will indirectly limit the possible locations of power roles. The mafia have the benefit of knowing who else is mafia, so they are able to find the power roles faster than the town.

The new rolestealer merely coming forth and saying the old rolestealer is pro-town or neutral or anti-town should be safe enough. Further details such as name, abilities, triggers, alternate win conditions (if safe for the town) should be kept private.

I have a couple worries about the rolestealer role, but I don't think the sum total of those worries are enough for me to lynch Mara for simply having the rolestealer role.

not nearly enough people voting..my reasoning is too many people wont vote for gorny, so lets hope dumb luck hits for us, its better than not trying

korial is taking a page from BA! "effing agressive" haha

Haha nah not really. I was tired of being called mafia for either trying to stay low, or do theorycrafting based on stories posted and roles that had been revealed, so I figured I'd try something different. Didn't work out so well either. Made me feel that no matter what you do, there's a chance people will accuse you of being mafia. Which sort of added this randomeness feel to the whole game, which I did not care for at all. >_>

That and I don't have the money to go visit my family and join a cool halloween party with my friends, so I'm stuck at home playing games. xD

anyways, korial, the problem with that is it outs our cop on day 1/2. I believe it can sometimes happen if they are 100% certain about getting a mafia and want to do the 1 for 1 approach.

Outing a cop to prove 2 people are townie is a big no no in my book

Ahh snap. I guess I didn't think that one through huh? Well I'm sure we can find a way to confirm this without lynching one of them.

But I'll try not to post some "good" solutions without thinking it through completely. I'll just shut up instead if I don't have time to view the outcome from all the angles.

Sudden change of heart?

No. Laarz more or less explained what I feel. Quoted below.

What I mean was that we shouldn't have some overly complicated plan where the role-stealer announces his target before each night. He just chooses someone he feels might provide good intel for the town, and reveals it the next day. Unless there is something I'm forgetting, this means the mafia is kept in the dark, and we can still get info from the role-stealer while also keeping track of who has that role.

Okay, seems you guys don't want to lynch the mute. I prefer a lynch over a no lynch. So I'm putting on my inactivity police cap and vote for nurman. One post which to be fair wasn't very contributive.

Now see this is something I like seeing. Atm I feel like those who are inactive is staying low due to the activity going on. Me being poked and prodded, accused of being mafia, several people willing to lynch either Mara or Gorny etc. Basically staying low until day 1 is over and let the town go for a miss-lynch.

Any reasons for your inactivity nurman?

Sudden change of heart?

The new rolestealer merely coming forth and saying the old rolestealer is pro-town or neutral or anti-town should be safe enough. Further details such as name, abilities, triggers, alternate win conditions (if safe for the town) should be kept private.

Isn't that exactly what was suggested? The role-stealer not announcing their target, and the day after simply saying that he/she was pro-town, and the person who had his/her role stolen simply saying they're the new role-stealer?

Bad Ash;7717750not nearly enough people voting..my reasoning is too many people wont vote for gorny said:
It's not that I won't vote for Gorny, its that for the moment I'm not suspisous of him.

Well we need a lynch so

Btw might I suggest we let nurman reply before we lock him? Assuming he does in fact get online to see what's going on. If he doesn't then we lock him in before the night ends.

Next... if we decide to let Marahumm live, what should we do about him? Should he use his ability, and if yes, how? I think it would be best if he used it, since the mafia certainly won't leave him alive, just in case he was allowed to use the ability later when the situation changes. Best to make the most of the ability now. I suggested before that he could let us know who he is going to target, but on closer thought, that is a bad idea. If the target was pro-town, it would be a death sentence. It is better that Marahumm targets someone of his own choosing, to deny the mafia that information. The next day, the new role stealer has to reveal himself, and tell us whether he was pro-town before. No exceptions should be allowed. The only acceptable reason for the new role stealer not to reveal himself should be being dead.

Would this plan be acceptable? If not, then at least we should leave Marahumm and Gorny alive today, and lynch someone else.

Much better plan. There are other possible exceptions, such as YAWP's claimed triggered post restriction, but I basically agree.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High