Halloween Saw themed Mafia game.

Re: Halloween Saw themed Mafia game.

Here you go! Fresh pop corn as well! Want some soda with that? :jig:

i would please. :)

Or are you just screwing with my head, and laughing at my expense? :scratchchin:

most likely. it is Zhao. :crazyeyes:

Not referring to anyone in particular. Just saying that carrying grudges might not be the best idea.

no, but it is a GREAT and THERAPEUTIC way to exact out your revenge on someone. ^_^

It wasn't really related to the discussion going on, it's just something that has irked me since I noticed people saying that they sometimes carry a grudge. And it popped into my head as I was typing the post, so I included it. Anyway I got it off my chest and feel better. Feel free to ignore it, but there's no reason for anyone to feel hit by that sentence. >_>

good that it's off your chest now. would you like to take off anything else? :D

Well the more we plan in public, the better they can prepare for it. Perhaps the best course of action is to ask Mara not to role steal?

Don't want to run the risk you getting discovered? Asking the role-stealer not to rol steal would render his role worthless.

Points right there.

i would please. :)

*gives some cola to Leo*

Enjoy! It's from my last bottle. :)

most likely. it is Zhao. :crazyeyes:

Perhaps. Maybe I just don't know Zhao's style, or his sense of humor. >.>

no, but it is a GREAT and THERAPEUTIC way to exact out your revenge on someone. ^_^

Yea I guess you're right. For some reason I'm always hoping to recieve a WMD in one of these mafia games. ;)

good that it's off your chest now. would you like to take off anything else? :D

If you're suggesting I wax my chest, then no thank you! :crazyeyes:

Korial- maybe. it's really up to Mara and what he wants to do. he's a smart chap.

True that! He's got some experience with playing mafia, so I doubt he'd make some silly misstake.

Don't want to run the risk you getting discovered? Asking the role-stealer not to rol steal would render his role worthless.

Points right there.

Riiiight. So because I agree with others who's suggested that the role-stealer just plays the game as a vanilla towny, I get mafia points? Brilliant logic there.

Y'know what Sathoris, I'd say wanting to lynch both Mara and Gorny, if Gorny's vote counts smells more scum than agreeing to suggestions already posted. Especially considering that a vanilla townie would cause far less confusion than an active role-stealer. Or on the other hand, a well thought out plan of using the role-stealer, a plan which the mafia can read openly and abuse as they see fit.

In fact lets increase the stakes here. If you're so certain I'm mafia, then why don't we let Mara use his ability on me?

Although it won't benefit the town at all wasting a night of role stealing on me.

What's wrong Sathoris? Aren't you happy that you finally get what you want?

You'll get a confirmed townie, and the role-stealer is not obsolete. It's like a dream come true.

I'm not certain you're mafia. If I was I wouldn't be doing this. We're drifting from the actual matter at hand which is confirming the role-stealer role. Lynch Gorny and start day two prepared.

Y'know what Sathoris, I'd say wanting to lynch both Mara and Gorny, if Gorny's vote counts smells more scum than agreeing to suggestions already posted. Especially considering that a vanilla townie would cause far less confusion than an active role-stealer. Or on the other hand, a well thought out plan of using the role-stealer, a plan which the mafia can read openly and abuse as they see fit.

I remember Sathoris being aggressive in past games and be pro-town. He wanted to have Goryani lynched after his role claim in the Stargate mafia for instance, so this is not really out of character for him.

I tried to make the plan I proposed for the role stealer as solid as possible. If he does not say who he is going to target, the mafia would have to guess his target in order to kill the next role stealer. Note that if the ability works on mafia, they can't target the original role stealer. If the role stealer targeted mafia on the same night he was killed, the mafia would end up killing one of their own.

Sathoris had a valid point about us running out of time though, and it will be hard to get enough people behind a single target. Off the top of my head, Uraj, Trionth and maybe nurman might be good targets, but I don't really have strong anti-town reads on them or anyone else. I also don't have time to read the thread and make up my mind right now, I'll have to leave for a couple hours. If we can't get together enough votes to lynch anyone other than Gorny or Marahumm, even a no lynch would be better though.

I'm not certain you're mafia. If I was I wouldn't be doing this. We're drifting from the actual matter at hand which is confirming the role-stealer role. Lynch Gorny and start day two prepared.

Indeed we are, and I'm glad you said that. If you didn't, trust me I would point out that were drifting away from finding scum to finding a way of confirming a pro-town player.

I still don't like the idea of lynching Gorny though. We've seen post restricted power roles before. So just because Gorny is a mute, doesn't mean we're not lynching a pro-town power role.

But if you all feel that lynching Gorny is the best course of action, then there is not much I can do about that.

I don't think lynching a probable townie to be certain about another probable townie is ever a good idea. Suppose Gorny is lynched and Marahumm is night killed, what then? We wasted a lynch and the player we confirmed is gone. With Marahumm dead, we would not know who he had targeted, if anyone, and when someone claimed to have become the role stealer, we would be back to square one, wondering if that player could be trusted.

I remember Sathoris being aggressive in past games and be pro-town. He wanted to have Goryani lynched after his role claim in the Stargate mafia for instance, so this is not really out of character for him.

I was merely pointing out that to me, wanting to lynch what seems like either neutral or pro-town roles for information instead of wanting them alive seems more like scum to me.

But what do I know, I've only played a few games myself. :crazyeyes:

I tried to make the plan I proposed for the role stealer as solid as possible. If he does not say who he is going to target, the mafia would have to guess his target in order to kill the next role stealer. Note that if the ability works on mafia, they can't target the original role stealer. If the role stealer targeted mafia on the same night he was killed, the mafia would end up killing one of their own.

I don't mind that plan at all. In fact it seems the most solid one from my point of view.

Sathoris had a valid point about us running out of time though, and it will be hard to get enough people behind a single target. Off the top of my head, Uraj, Trionth and maybe nurman might be good targets, but I don't really have strong anti-town reads on them or anyone else. I also don't have time to read the thread and make up my mind right now, I'll have to leave for a couple hours. If we can't get together enough votes to lynch anyone other than Gorny or Marahumm, even a no lynch would be better though.

Yes we are indeed running out of time, and I don't have time to read the entire thread either.

But I think it's better to keep both Gorny and Mara alive instead of lynching pro-town/neutrals. But if there is some information that we get from doing that, which will help us find scum... well then I guess a lynch is better than no lynch. I just can't see what kind of information we could get from their lynch that would result in a mafia lynch the next day though.

But I think it's better to keep both Gorny and Mara alive instead of lynching pro-town/neutrals. But if there is some information that we get from doing that, which will help us find scum... well then I guess a lynch is better than no lynch. I just can't see what kind of information we could get from their lynch that would result in a mafia lynch the next day though.

What makes you so sure their pro-town/neutrals? I'm sticking to my original idea that they're both mafia.

What makes you so sure their pro-town/neutrals? I'm sticking to my original idea that they're both mafia.

I'm not certain, but there are better ways of finding out than possybly lynching a town/neutral role.

I'm sure the town has a cop, and I'm sure you'll agree with that right? All it takes is 1 investigation, if one is pro-town/neutral, then most likely the other is as well. Or vice versa if it comes up anti-town.

That way, if we can get away from this whole lynching Gorny of Mara thing, there may still be enough time left to find and catch a mafia. I think maybe we should start looking for someone who isn't posting too much. Yea it's halloween and all that, but if I was mafia, and saw that people were ready to lynch Mara or Gorny, why would I talk too much and risk getting exposed?

Just a thought.

Anyway with that said I'll be away for a couple hours. I'll be back again just around 8 pm.

some details on my role, I have a 100% chance of stealing a non-mafia role. The only way to get a clue as to who is mafia from my end would be if my steal attempt was unsuccessful.

Honestly I was originally planning on stealing Dragomir's role if he hadn't posted at all today in an attempt to save his role from the mod-killing hands of Snarf. Now that he won't be mod-killed that frees up my choices.

Should I cause more chaos in the game by role-stealing, in an attempt to smoke out the mafia?

Should I do nothing and play vanilla, letting some semblance of order and killing off a branch of distraction this game?

We'll just have to find out what happens come next day phase.

The other theory says that Zarniwoop was the role stealer, Gorny killed him, and decided to mimic the stolen post restriction. The problem with this is that I don't think the mafia would learn the specifics of the role from killing Zarniwoop, so they probably would not know how to mimic the post restriction exactly, if they learned about the post restriction at all.

So I will say again, I see no reasonable doubt that both Gorny and Marahumm are pro-town, and I will not support either of them being lynched.

I agree that both Marahumm and Gorny are probably not mafia. But Gorny wouldn't need to get the specifics of the post restriction from the role, all he needs is the name Art Blank. Then look him up on the wiki and see that he has his mouth sewn shut in one of the scenes. Though I guess going mute would be too big a gamble on Gorny's part.

So Feysal, you don't think using the role stealer to confirm alignment is going to violate rule ten?

Is everyone certain the role stealer is pro-town? I've seen it used in the context where it was mafia aligned and they could steal pro-town roles. Kind of akin to a killer murdering someone and stealing their faces. Yummy.

Based on this previous post by TC, I'm going to say the role stealer would be neutral.

Should I cause more chaos in the game by role-stealing, in an attempt to smoke out the mafia?

I would say go on, if we can all agree that whoever becomes the role-stealer, says so to everyone. At least so we can keep track of the role-stealer.

korial is taking a page from BA! "effing agressive" haha

my heaaad hurrrts. Halloween is evil. and the miss leo talk is cracking me UP.

anyways, korial, the problem with that is it outs our cop on day 1/2. I believe it can sometimes happen if they are 100% certain about getting a mafia and want to do the 1 for 1 approach.

Outing a cop to prove 2 people are townie is a big no no in my book

some details on my role, I have a 100% chance of stealing a non-mafia role. The only way to get a clue as to who is mafia from my end would be if my steal attempt was unsuccessful.

Honestly I was originally planning on stealing Dragomir's role if he hadn't posted at all today in an attempt to save his role from the mod-killing hands of Snarf. Now that he won't be mod-killed that frees up my choices.

Should I do nothing and play vanilla, letting some semblance of order and killing off a branch of distraction this game?

We'll just have to find out what happens come next day phase.

You play vanilla, you're dead.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High