The Don S. Davis memorial Stargate mafia game.

Re: The Don S. Davis memorial Stargate mafia game.

Once more, my apologies as I don't have time for a story.

It is now DAYTIME. You may post freely for the next 48 hours.

Players alive:
1. Ankeli
2. Flip10thMtn
3. Orphan

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to lynch someone and 3 to lock it.

Only post during this day phase as I can't effect the outcome any further, nor do I really care as I've already won. :]

Well, Flip, it's up to you. I doubt you can be a lynch immune Replicator, so that makes either me or Orphan the last anti-town alive. As I know where I stand, I know it's Orphan, but he'll say just the same. Look at Goryani's percentages as a help when making the decision. I could also just vote you and make it easy for Orphan to lock you, the closest thing we have to a confirmed townie, but I won't as I promised to play to help the town.

Flip, flip a coin or whatever. I've won either way, you just decide whether it'll be with the town or the Replicators. :p

PS. Orphan having a phrase that ALL surviving players need to say as a win condition is pretty far fetched. Even more so than your treestump claim before we tested it. Well played either way, Orphan, well played indeed. I think it's likely that you'll even end up winning. :)

Vote: Orphan

Vote: Orphan

Lets get this over with!

I wonder why Ankeli thinks I am a replicator, when clearly I am not.

Vote: Ankeli

You might want to change your vote Flip, otherwise Ankeli wins. Don't listen to him and his well constructed words. He's won entire games before like this. Never believe everything you hear on the Internet. That's how World War 1 was started after all.

He is Ankeli Mctavish of the Clan Mctavish!

He is Ankeli Mctavish of the Clan Mctavish!

The McTavish have nothing to do with WW1! Anyway, the correct choice Flip. Unless you're an unlynchable Replicator in which case I should've attempted to kill you when I had the chance more than once. :p

Ankeli was born in 1518 in Glenfinnan, Scotland near the shores of Loch Shiel. So he was alive during WW1.

Stop spaming the thread Gorny, the game isn't over yet.

vote stands - end it please!

I agree, let the McTavish clan bask in their glorious moment. I guess the townies can share some of it.

Aiden Ford mumbled to himself as he left Atlantis for the last time. "I told you McKay, he was a Prior." For good measure, Aiden emptied the last of the ammunition in his P-90 into Orphan's prior corpse, sending his staff several feet in the air.

I really don't care who wins, he said with a look that lacked a lack of trust to those that were once his comrades. Aiden dialed Atlantis's Stargate and made his way to the gate and without another word, he stepped through and was never seen again.

Orphan has been lynched. He was an Ori Prior. Serial Killer.

The game has now ended. Congratulations to the town and Ankeli for the win.
Information about roles and actions is posted here.
Thanks everyone for playing and I hope you all enjoyed this as much as we did.

Naturally, night one Bad Ash and I each immediately target each other. LOL!

And once again,Ankeli manages to kill as many pro-town as anti-town;) but he comes thru in the end, cheers:guiness:

Good game tc and gorny. I was LIVID when I was killed. 25% chance to recruit made every one feel like a huge success and after recruiting feysal as the 2nd, the most trusted player in the game, I thought we had it. And then I turned to dust and so did feysal. Noodle was valiant but suffered the same.

The funny thing is sathoris was outraged at being recruited and was genuinely angry at me haha. Oh well, it was strategy from noodle and I protecting ourselves from recruitment.

We thought gory mighta been carter but never could focus cause of other threats.

I wasn't responsible for 1 death...unless you count feysal haha

Awesome, complex game. Even though I'm a fanboy of more traditional games, this one had pretty sweet roles. As far as the balance issue goes, the game ended with the minimal amount of townies left (1) and they only won because I chose to help Flip instead of Orphan, so that pretty much puts the balance issues down the drain. The Wraith just got terribly, terribly unlucky. I didn't even kill any of them. :D

In the event that you decided to help Orphan, Ankeli, you had to lynch yourself. If Orphan and Flip were the last ones standing, Orphan would have won due to Flips "
watch
" weakness.

Many thanks to TC and Gorny for hosting the game. I had a blast.

Thoughts:
I'd be afraid to be a lurker anytime soon. Every time someone was accused of being a lurker, they were found to be an anti-town when lynched.

Feysal sure knows how to investigate. Feysal also managed to evade Orphan's Prior plague without the trigger phrase being known at that time. Lucky hunches or omniscience?

The town could have benefited from making a bargain with the wraiths in return for information that Tomin died night 1. Not that they would have cooperated. Not that a suitable bargain could be reached. Not that we would have believed the wraiths. Just pointing out that such truthful information could have helped the town.

Replicators changing from cult to mafia if they find Carter. Scary. They targeted me twice. The town can thank Thyiad and the RNG this didn't happen. I'm glad I helped the town win, yet RepliCarter just sounds fun.

The wraiths couldn't target correctly to save their lives. Their targets were blocked or doc saved or immune to feeding most of the time. The wraith feeding seems like a red herring. Feeding looks like it would have worked against only ~50% the town while providing protection from 5% of the town. They would have been better off just killing their nighttime targets rather than try to feed. It would have made a COMPLETELY different game without Sathoris night 1 and Noodle night 2.

Recruitment transferring from Bad Ash to Noodle was a nice twist. I'm not sure if that was an ability given to Fifth or just one of the events. It sure made finding the recruiter more difficult. Sathoris was suspected and lynched because of this twist.

Adria - "I will win if you say X"
Prior - "I kill you if you don't say X"
Tomin - "I can kill Adria if conditions are right."
Adria and Tomin and Prior is a mind blowing combo. Excellent job on that mods. It's unfortunate we didn't get to see the full effect play out. Am I mistaken, or is Adria a variant of village idiot in this case? The Prior role is just evil, especially if the Prior turns out to be neutral.

Orphan's ascension seems tailored to the Adria character yet it appears he ascended into the Prior "serial killer" instead. The combination seems themed, yet the resulting character was one of the 20 original roles. I wonder if Uraj successfully using the ascension ability would result in someone returning not with new abilities but as a completely new character, perhaps even a deceased role. I too would have liked to see an ascension.

All in all, I'm a bit surprised the town won this game. A series of perfect target choices by Pro Town power roles coupled with terrible target choices by the Wraith led to their early demise. The replicators had 3 chances to win with Carter's near lynch on day 2, bus driver switch night 3, and failed recruitment night 7. Orphan had enough information to really screw with the town at the end. I'm surprised he didn't hint that I had been recruited and the new daytime kills could be a RepliCarter ability. He could have given the Prior plague to Ankeli rather than myself, framed me with the new daytime kills and lynching Sathoris, then tried to convince Flip.

Questions:
Was Ankeli's gun really removed or was he choosing not to use it?

Was the ED on day 4 chosen to be on that day or was it randomly assigned or was it triggered? And the ED mentioned night 3 .... Tricksy! False!

What was the alignment of the Prior? A neutral poison variant serial killer would be a truly maddening experience. No wonder there wasn't enough traction to test Orphan's ascension and obvious evil connotations in the stories.

Was the Prior originally the 20th role for the 20th player that never materialized or was the Prior always the ascended version of Adria?

Was anyone aware that saying Lemons to McKay would remove his treestump protection?

Did Feysal investigate Ankeli or was he bluffing? In other words, did replicator recruits keep their old abilities?

Could the replicator cult night talk?

Was Orphan's resurrection event on day 4 preplanned? Would it have happened whenever he was killed? Would he ascend on day 4 if not already dead?

Game Balance:
At first I thought the wraiths were underpowered, but since "immune to wraith feeding" isn't the same as "immune to wraith" I guess they had a chance after all. Well, maybe not. I see now that only 1 wraith had the opportunity to kill as well as feed. In the future, I think all wraith should have those choices. It would have been a massively different game.

Did this game suffer from Too Much Information? Headaches. Orphan being ascended as an Ori follower. The duct tape comment let me hint that I targeted Feysal rather than reveal the true nature of the ARG. Every role PM to pro-town players is listed as Pro Town except for one (and yet NOBODY posted it that way and I was ostracized for asking boogyman for his version).

And yet, there was misinformation as well. Misspelled Gua'uld and Lucien Alliance. The electromagnetic disturbance night 3 that apparently didn't happen after all. The aforementioned duct tape incident I took advantage of. Laarz "Is there cake here" wasn't O'Neill.

I'm guessing Orphan received both role PMs. That amount of knowledge - full details about two characters and power roles and win conditions - made finding holes in his stories impossible. The only potential hole was the existence of Tomin and my own PM. And yet he needed information from both roles to survive as an ascended Ori follower.

My own role PM contained ultra powerful information as well. Knowing of replicators and Ori and recruitment and Fifth and Tomin, combined with the day/night stories allowed me to utilize the ARG to maximum effect. I *almost* give my role name out along with my knowledge when I was almost lynched. I never did because I was afraid that Fifth was specifically looking for me, which he was.

I can't tell if the replicators are overpowered or underpowered.
Overpowered:
recruiter can pass to another replicator
immunity to all but one wraith
resistance to Aiden Ford
replicators might not be known unless Carter spills the beans
gain a night kill ability if they recruit Carter

Underpowered:
25% chance at recruitment
50%/25% chance for Bra'tac to unrecruit a recruit
Carter can neutralize the replicators

It all comes down to Carter. Whether or not replicators get to Carter before Carter gets to the replicators determines who will win. I like that all sides have a chance to win, but it seems the replicator win% is too strongly correlated with Carter's outcome.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High