The Don S. Davis memorial Stargate mafia game.

Re: The Don S. Davis memorial Stargate mafia game.

Ok finally got caught up, though I will need to reread in greater detail and also do some serious research on the Stargate universe itself (I am coming from a place of ignorance re: the show).

The Goa'uld symbiote scenario seems plausible with Falcon, which would suggest two anti-town factions (Wraiths being the other).

I think Feysal's idea of a mass role reveal is bad, and definitely not in town's best interest. Whether that's a reason to peg him as anti-town or not is unclear, though, as Feysal is one to concoct some pretty outlandish schemes despite being pro-town.

Thyiad's wall of text is a pretty well-thought out parse of the first page and a half. I don't necessarily agree with him lumping Ankeli & Marahumm together, but I think his analysis of the Falcon situation is quite good.

I think boogy is the front-runner for best lynch target. He's jumpy, is making mistakes with names, has suggested that we pick lynch targets based on inactivity, and has offered a theory that seems fairly ridiculous to me (2 mafia factions + 1 cult). It's not strong evidence to go on by any means, but it's day one and we'll have to pick someone.

Vote: boogyman19946

Obviously I'm not dead-set on this, and if a better target presents itself I'm all for it. But early on in the game he seems like the best choice.

actually, ultima, i haven't suggest that mafia theory. Someone else suggested we might have an additional cult. And I don't really know how the roles are powered in this game, but if they are distributed similarly to previous games, lynching me is a very bad idea.

^fix above post

I mean, someone else I believe suggested 3 scum group game. I just made the assumption that we have 2 mafias which was my mistake.

Marahumm - I'm grouping you because you are both making the same mistake of assuming anyone who isn't posting in this thread three times an hour is mafia.

That's poor logic, suspicious in itself and frankly; rubbish. Considering you are claiming that you're too busy to look up information related to the game, it's a bit off accusing others of being mafia because they have other things to do than post here.

Class: How many times has someone said something along the lines of

*yawn*....oh hai! Just woke up, let me read through everything and post my thoughts

without actually posting anything substantial afterwards?? Fact of the matter is, this has happened all too often and frankly I'm sick of it. These types of nothing posts leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Forgive me, Thyiad, for trying to cattle-prod you into posting more. The very fact that you posted something other than filler makes me less suspicious of you. I have no regrets that in poking you you find me suspicious.

what have you little anklebiters been up to today? let's see....

"Lightning flashes, sparked showers, in one blink of an eye, you have missed seeing."

does this mean i am blind now? TC, my vision is already horrible, lol!

I'm not really bothered about inactives at this stage. We aren't all on the same time zone and that inactive person might well be at work/asleep/etc. :) Once it's close to vote-closing time, then I think it's time to look at them.

I need to read through the thread before really making any comment; the first couple of days of this are always half-guesses anyway. No one really knows anything.

Right; tea, read, posting. BBL.

Nice filler post.

Ankeli. I just got up. I'm indicating, that I'm awake now and reading.

Which is more than your post does. :)

heeeyy.... we can all be friends for NOW, si si? :wink:

It always was my plan to go first, if we went with this plan. However, it looks like most other players aren't very willing to try it.

everyone has something to hide, dirty laundry that needs washing. it's cool, i get it. but i did my laundry yesterday and am wearing clean undies. i certainly have nothing to hide. ;) everyone else does and i am suspicious of everyone. beware..... BWAHAHA! :jig:

(Green Mods, can we get a smilie doing a crazy dance? and not jig, but something more crazier because im loonier than a one-eyed homeless pirate in San Fransisco?)

There is a detail about the headache that bothers me though. "By Gorny." I wondered if this could be some reference to the unfortunate incident in the last game, and the headache would be irrelevant to the current game.

tbh.... i thought it meant Falcon got a temp-ban or something. :embarrass:

Anyway, Wraith seem to use Stunner Rifles or Pistols, which stun victims not kill them (Gateworld). The only mention of Plasma Weapons I can find are SGC-created. So was Zarniwoop killed by a rouge SGC person who is framing Wraith? Or I'm reading too much into a slip of the keyboard. :D (I see Flip10thMan picked upon this in Post 22 too.)

ya think? like... idk. from what was said by Boogyman, i believe, he said that Wraiths could also give life? so maybe we have a "good" Wraith (if that is plausible) who can give life and bring someone back and they die or it's a shot use, idk. i guess i'll check out Post 22 because i do not see a framing. maybe im missing something. more cola... or ginger ale. mmm.... :cloud9:

Personally I think FalconGK's headache could be related to Zarniwoops' death. Wraith DO have telepathic abilities. It could also be a result of the humanoid replicators linking with him. So many possibilities. Plus the obvious Goa'uld. :)

are you hinting that they could be related, like siblings or a couple and because Zarni died Falcon will die on Day two? or did i mis-read "human replicators" as something else than what you were referring to? :)

Could FalconGK have killed Zarniwoop under telepathic Wraith control? That would explain why he doesn't remember anything. I'd expect him to remember a Humanoid Replicator linking.

*looks up Replicator*

do you mean this thing? if so, then ok. i semi-understand better.

I think boogy is the front-runner for best lynch target. He's jumpy, is making mistakes with names, has suggested that we pick lynch targets based on inactivity, and has offered a theory that seems fairly ridiculous to me (2 mafia factions + 1 cult). It's not strong evidence to go on by any means, but it's day one and we'll have to pick someone.

Vote: boogyman19946

idk, dude. people make mistakes and get names confused. and he stays up late. must be preparing for our little Tetris battle (which, btw Boogy, i got my Tetris game for the PS. i will be warming to kick your ***! :D) if Boogy was mafia, i KNOW that he plays better than that. so finding Boogyman as suspicious is kinda... eh, to me.

lol, kick my *** in Tetris? you're on!

Also, on Thyiad's post regarding the replicator linking (which I seem to have missed), it's not necessary that he remembers the linking. In Stargate Atlantis, the replicators were able to get into people's thoughts so having the ability to erase their memory wouldn't be surprise to me. I'm not sure how that would work within this game, but it's a possibility.

lol, kick my *** in Tetris? you're on!

Boogy, i thought we already talked about this, lol!! ;)

Also, on Thyiad's post regarding the replicator linking (which I seem to have missed), it's not necessary that he remembers the linking. In Stargate Atlantis, the replicators were able to get into people's thoughts so having the ability to erase their memory wouldn't be surprise to me. I'm not sure how that would work within this game, but it's a possibility.

so could this imply for an insane role, be it doc, cop, whatever?

Not necessarily an insane role, but a controlling role. Maybe like a role stealer or something >.> Some kind of manipulative role.

An insane role would make sense to me.

We don't have a lot of info yet, but considering it's still early on day one this isn't terribly surprising. I think we can safely assume for the moment that both Zarniwoop and Falcon are pro-town. (It's possible this isn't the case, but Occam's Razor seems to apply in the absence of information to the contrary.)

Feysal, I disagree with you on even a partial role claim at this point. We'd be handing info to the mafia, while not gaining anything ourselves that we can trust. I'm not ready to label you scum, but I do disagree with your proposed tactics.

Regarding Thyiad: I know most of us don't interact all that much with her over here in the Community forum, but I've spent considerable time in the SPF, and have MP'd with her occassionally. She may indeed turn out to be scum, but nothing she's posted so far seems out of character to me or seems to indicate anything other than someone trying to sort out the first day's actions.

It always was my plan to go first, if we went with this plan. However, it looks like most other players aren't very willing to try it. I'm not disappointed, I had second thoughts even when I posted it. ....

....We could have something similar this time as well, maybe only humans being recruitable. That is only a guess, but I do know my species :wave: was mentioned in my role, and it may yet have some significance.

I will be the first to role claim:
I am the "Full of BS Sleepless Shopkeep." :sleep2:
Oh wait, no that's "Shopkeeper."
Oh wait, wrong game!

Not necessarily an insane role, but a controlling role. Maybe like a role stealer or something >.> Some kind of manipulative role.

well.... this IS a game hosted by the all and mighty and powerful ThunderCat.

"THUNDER! THUNDER! THUNDER!"

so what would that make Gorny? Snarf?? XD jk, Gorny. ^_^

to see some kind of role-stealer in here, i would not be surprised. not only is it a game hosted by these two, but we haven't seen one in a while, iirc.

to see some kind of role-stealer in here, i would not be surprised. not only is it a game hosted by these two, but we haven't seen one in a while, iirc.

Could you elaborate please? :newhere: I don't know what a role-stealer is.

I mean, someone else I believe suggested 3 scum group game. I just made the assumption that we have 2 mafias which was my mistake.

I think that was me. I was speculating on possible adversaries I'd read about: Goa'uld, Wraith, Ori and so on. There are too many of them in all the Stargate series for them all to be present in this game, at least not as separate factions. The Futurama game had three villains in one mafia, despite them having nothing to do with each other, and the same could be the case here. We just don't know yet. I do think the talking is good though, if we only talked about things we knew, it'd be real quiet and we'd have no chance of trying to read each other.

So, the story was written by Gorny. I'd somehow read it as if Gorny had something to do with the headache. Good thing I was wrong... although it may mean something bad in store for FalconGK.

I'd forgotten about the role stealer. With TC involved, we could have one... though I'd love to see that explained in Stargate terms. Perhaps we have some more power roles than we're used to, this being a relatively large game.

Anything else new since my last post...? Thyiad and boogy both got some suspicion their way, I don't see much reason to suspect either. Or anyone else for that matter, at least not yet. I agree on FalconGK being probably pro-town, at least for the time being. He is playing the way I've seen him play his last two games as pro-town.

Could you elaborate please? :newhere: I don't know what a role-stealer is.

It is a custom power role created by TC. The role stealer can target one player during the night, and the two trade roles. Very powerful. It does not work on mafia, though that means the ability can expose mafia.

Actually Feysaly, when I was hosting the game, I allowed the skill to work on mafia :scratchchin: It was quite fun, the town has won because of it. ^.^

Actually come to think about, the replicators are a possible cult. Come to think about it, the do want to make all civilizations like their own. They've created a brand new Elizabeth Weir in Atlantis so it could somewhat fit into the story.

And considering the "good" wraith, yes there was one in Atlantis although he wasn't exactly "good," it's just that he was honest with the main characters when they made bets and helped out the humans multiple times. There was also a hybrid wraith; one that's part human and part wraith. I don't exactly remember HOW he differed from the Wraith, but from what I recall, the pure bred wraith must feed in order to stay alive, whereas the hybrid had a choice to either feed via human food or the wraith way.

Actually come to think about, the replicators are a possible cult. Come to think about it, the do want to make all civilizations like their own. They've created a brand new Elizabeth Weir in Atlantis so it could somewhat fit into the story.

And considering the "good" wraith, yes there was one in Atlantis although he wasn't exactly "good," it's just that he was honest with the main characters when they made bets and helped out the humans multiple times. There was also a hybrid wraith; one that's part human and part wraith. I don't exactly remember HOW he differed from the Wraith, but from what I recall, the pure bred wraith must feed in order to stay alive, whereas the hybrid had a choice to either feed via human food or the wraith way.

If we have a kill from a wraith and a possible wraith in Falcons head, how would a cult fit into the night actions? Just thinking out loud here since I havent checked out the wiki yet. Could the replicators be responsible for Falcons headache in anyway? Do we think the night actions were two seperate groups or 1? From the story i'd say it sounds like 1 unless there are 2 wraith groups? Were the Wraiths ever split into diff. factions in stargate?

What do you mean a wraith in falcons head? Last time I checked, the wraith can't infect people with their genes. The wraith may have killed Zarniwoop, but if that was the case, then Falcon has been hit by something else, and replicators are a very possible candidate.

And actually, I believe they were. The good wraith that I've mentioned already had some problems and "disagreements" with what the mainstream wraith were doing so he took some buddies and paired up with the Atlantis expedition. While this DID happen, I can't remember the details; it's been a real long while since I've watched Stargate.

quoted from purple girl earlier

where other people, including Lt. James are also starting to complain about headaches. TJ is trying to help them. Young discovers that in the recording, Volker died from similar circumstances, and whoever feels the headaches may die within 12 hours

Doctor Nimzicki was an Air Force physician at Stargate Command. He was on call when Major Charles Kawalsky reported to the infirmary with headaches. During the exam, he discovered that Kawalsky was posessed by a Goa'uld Symbiote. When the symbiote realized it's identity had been discovered, it killed Nimzicki and hid the body. His corpse has found by Daniel Jackson in one of the quarters. (SG1: "The Enemy Within")

from the wiki:
The Goa'uld are a race of sentient parasitic beings that take over hosts. Several species can serve as hosts, including humans and Unas. They originated on the planet designated P3X-888. They are also extremely egomaniacal due to their genetic memory and the sarcophagus technology. Goa'uld means "god" in the Goa'uld language. Races which will not serve them are completely destroyed without compromise. (SG1: "Children of the Gods", "Thor's Hammer", "The First Ones")

so that would be a Goa'uld not a wraith.

falcon has said he has not been told or knows of anything to be wrong other than the headache though. Might be nothing we can even do outside of hunting the Goa'uld queen although the wiki says the queen usually infects with sexual acts O_O! haha not headaches...just thinking out loud

Hi all,

First post in a Mafia game and I'm glad I didn't die the first night. I'm just checking into the thread for the first time since the first day started. I've read the first page, but nothing else so far.

During the night phase, I did some research. I scoured a Stargate wiki site for plot lines and possible enemies. I followed the links from here: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Episodes Each season has a synopsis (eg: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/SG-1_Season_1 ). I copied this info down into a spreadsheet.

I then went through all the "Enemies" of each episode to find out who we are dealing with. There are at least 183 unique entries. For each enemy, I noted their major affiliation and the frequency of appearance. Here are the results:

Affiliation: Appearances
System Lords: 86
Wraith: 37
Anti SGC humans: 20
Ori: 19
Replicator: 14
Lucian Alliance: 11
Asurans: 10

Some notes:
1. There are sometimes more than 1 enemy per episode but most of the time they all belong to the same faction. For example, there are sometimes several System Lords listed per episode. Obviously, this will skew some results.

2. There are a large number of "N/A" for the enemies. This frequently means a major character is sick/possessed/brainwashed/trapped/missing/ascended/whatever. We could be looking at, literally, killer treestumps. I wouldn't be shocked to hear about "Crystal of M3X-387" putting O'Neil into a coma or somesuch.

3. A not insignificant number of episodes deal with what I will term as "enemy townfolk." These are groups that are normally not considered evil, yet they worship or support an evil affiliation. Examples are Jaffa that still worship a Goa'uld System Lord, colonies near Atlantis that worship the Wraith, etc.

I raise these points for one primary reason: the townfolk of some recent mafia games lost because they didn't fully realize the winning scenarios of non-townfolk elements. Most of the evil affiliations have some form of recruitment. In addition, there are several episodes where SGC personnel have to prevent an evil affiliation from completing some task that will spell doom for SGC. I guess I am throwing out the possibility that it may be possible for the evil affiliations to win before they kill off the townfolk.

I'm going to go read the rest of the thread now.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High