Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Re: Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

aman, why aren't you going to comment on gorny's call on your bluff? Is he lying about seeing you or have you been stealth? This sounds like a powder keg waiting to happen. Either Aman lied about being busy at work and that's a BIG mafia tell, or Gorny is lying about seeing Aman to try and get him lynched, and that is an equally BIG mafia tell.

Something tells me that this is a major slip up on somebody's part.

It's his word against yours, but if he's lying about it, if you could prove he's lying then that's a big hint he's mafia. why wouldn't you pursue it further? call him out on his lie! or is it really you that is lying?

aman, why aren't you going to comment on gorny's call on your bluff? Is he lying about seeing you or have you been stealth? This sounds like a powder keg waiting to happen. Either Aman lied about being busy at work and that's a BIG mafia tell, or Gorny is lying about seeing Aman to try and get him lynched, and that is an equally BIG mafia tell.

Im guessing you haven't read my previous post but thats ok. As i said all i can say he is lying, it doesn't make a difference really though. Only mods know the truth since you can't tell if i was here or not but to try and defend myself im living in the uk(gmt) and i work during the day. Can go check post times if you want.

A question for gorny

Why wait until i posted, you could have called me out far earlier if you really did see me, there was enough people already asking for me to show my face.

Gorny, why are you pointing so many fingers all of a sudden?

it's Gorny, for one, and two, he likes to be sneaky. i would not be surprised if he was anti-town in some way. but, we'll just have to see. your suspicious to me, Gorny, but you have some more ppl who are higher up on the Suspicion Ladder.

just wanted to quickly drop in and say that. i have company right now. must entertain my house guest ^_^. talk to y'all later! will post some more contributing thoughts later!! sorry for being kinda useless right now.

A question for gorny

Why wait until i posted, you could have called me out far earlier if you really did see me, there was enough people already asking for me to show my face.

I wasn't able to post much this morning and when I saw you on I did not bother to check profile activity as its more or less pointless. By the time I had time to post and read, you were already gone. Its possible that you were watching someone that is causing trouble outside this forum too. I know your time zone is different than mine too and it may have been a normal time for you to have gone idle too. I guess I saw something and lumped on it like Asrrin did last game.

Well Wicked, when someone is locked the day doesnt end, IDK why but telling people not to do something irks me.

I just don't want people to blame me if he gets lynched and turns out to be pro town anyway.

gonna call it a day, see you guys tomorrow. I don't really know what to think about the stealth aman thingy. I just want to say that I don't really understand gorny's last explanation.

see you guys in 8-10 hours or so.

Have we just sailed over Aman - I hear from my dead grandmother more!
Ignoring SUPER quiet players are we.....?

He has given a valid reason for absence and a promise for a thorough post later. I was suspicious of him to but wont investigate it further until i hear from him. (He said he was going to post during this dayphase to clarify that i dont want to wait forever or anything)

He has given a valid reason for absence and a promise for a thorough post later. I was suspicious of him to but wont investigate it further until i hear from him. (He said he was going to post during this dayphase to clarify that i dont want to wait forever or anything)

Ehh, prob shouldnt post this before i had read through everything so nevermind. Will post again soon when i've read through and then head or bed, gotten a few beers in me

Concerning this whole Gorny and Aman incident, my gut tells me that Aman is true to his word and Gorny is trying to make him look bad. Just a gut feeling, so dont take it serious. Not now atleast.
As stated before, i do feel something fishy about Noodle, but i will hold my vote for now, dont want to have craploads of votes and unvotes like last round because other evidence came up. But for now my vote is swaying on Noodle. Other suspects are wicked, Ivan and maybe CC, hes way too quiet.

[JK] Ok so apparently I have to act like a host and entertain my guest as well /sigh [/JK]

really though I won't be on long, but I thought I would add my bit of insight.

I think our biggest concern is that note/story we got at the beginning of the day. The way I see it two people are involved (excluding Sitro), Orphan and Wicked.

Orphan because of the knife
Wicked because of the note.

I think the most important thing to do is find out if the note has any tell-tale signs of one of them being mafia. The only way we can figure that out, however, is by lynching one of them. That said, I still haven't seen anything from Orphan, and I think he would be the better choice of the two.

Vote: Orphan

Something tells me that now that there's a vote against him, we'll start to hear from him.

After this I will go to bed.

First of all I remember someone talking about not giving suspectlists because they don't want to make themselves a target for the mafia.

Making suspectlists is good for this exact reason beacause if people make them we can compare nk's suspectlists and try to find a pattern. Mafia or SK(s?) won't probably nuke anyone who suspects them but they might make a mistake. We can get INFORMATION from peoples suspects lists later

The mafia may want a simple NK of some plain townsfolk, but since people are sure I'm playing the same as last game (really!?!) and am scummy and I don't get lynched today (why?!?) - then it would be smart from their point of view to leave me alone - come morning I'm alive everyone gets more suspicious and I get lynched further down the line they get everything they want, that way.

My aim is simple ... town win - I'll do my best to help my super powered town friends out - hopefully I take some of the heat so they have no clue if I am Joe townie or not, which I am I can assure you. If I do get kaboshed then read some posts of mine - how did I point out, who wanted me gone etc etc

So your trying to make sure you living through the night not being suspicous?

As people have pointed out you have for the most part just pushed people to post without doing so yourself. That would actually make you a good NK because everyone question you would be a suspect when your NK:ed

Never say you're vanilla... that's just making it easyer for the mafia to sort out the power roles.

why are you fishing for power roles? Need some ideas on who to kill tonight?

These quotes aren't necessarily a mafia tell, but they sure are a tell of dumb town-play

I agree, roleclaims isn't necessary until a lycnh is somewhat aproaching. Especially if you have a power-role

Sorry for my lack of posting but work has been hell at the minute and i just got a new phone so been abit distracted.

First off, todays events are a joke right? Are you all seriously lynching Wicked because his name was in a note/story? In past mafia games the host has given the mafia the option of leaving a note at the scene of the crime. They use it to distract players/shift the eyes onto someone else and generally waste the towns time by talking about it. This is up there with people changing avatars in terms of pointlessness.

I still have alot of reading to do but i'd be looking at the players that have been voting for wicked today.

Glad to see someone not blatanly just jumping on Wicked just because Gorny found a hidden message about him.

You not posting seems moe okay than CC for example since you actually stated that you was unable to post until now earlier. The whole issue about secretmodwhatever is beyond me because i dont know anything about it

Then you guys should discuss what to do when I'm lynched and shown to be a vanilla townie.

Yeah, I came at Wicked more aggressively than I've generally been in other games. I don't recall another game I've been in where we've been given a clue as blatant as this one. I think we have to lynch Wicked today so that we'll know how to handle any clue we may receive tomorrow. If we fail to do that, we're deliberately ignoring information the game moderator is putting in front of us. That seems scummy to some people? Seems like smart playing to me.

I expect that I'll be night killed tonight if I'm not lynched. What would that show you?

I don't recall many if any games where the flavor of the texts at start of day is of any importance. So this is a pretty new thing for me. At least what I can remember for now

Also since I'm away to bed shortly can someone read through Leopold Stotch's posts.

Is it me or does she post "nicely nicely" agreeing where needed, suspicious here and there but will see what happens.

I would like other opinions on her posts - read them all to gauge them yourself.

As we all know women are not to be trusted! :D :)

I've been quite suspicious of Leo ever since the first halfrolefishing-post from her. All this OT and fill in makes her hard to read and since I don't have any experience of playing with her it makes me confused. Im keeping my eye on her at all times though.

it's Gorny, for one, and two, he likes to be sneaky. i would not be surprised if he was anti-town in some way. but, we'll just have to see. your suspicious to me, Gorny, but you have some more ppl who are higher up on the Suspicion Ladder.

just wanted to quickly drop in and say that. i have company right now. must entertain my house guest ^_^. talk to y'all later! will post some more contributing thoughts later!! sorry for being kinda useless right now.

My experience of gorny is more that he likes being a hard-*** and answering everything with confidence.

Theres one more post i want to answer to that i missed to add to the quotelist i think, might be one small post more before bed we'll see

I agree with you mara, but he did help with the song lyrics. And for all we know, the aussie knife could have been just a coinicidence. Im not defending Orphan here, just stateing that he could just be an innocent bystander in all this.
Also, since i just thought of this, it should be arround 9 or so am in australia, so most likely he was sleeping all this time.

You guys are right, I'm being very headstrong in my playstyle. I know something is fishy with nodle though, and a few of you are starting to se things my way. in the future I'll try to be less "aggressive" ad tryto think before I act. I've been thinking alot though and even f I'm not being agressive noodle is still acting like scum.

Theres a big difference with being headstrong and stirring up the pot and being a careless brute charging anything that looks like an easy target.

Drunk Dlove out, Goodnight

That was me that made the statement about the list DLove, but i figured out its a risk everyone must take, as you pointed it out, take it like a "if i die, check out those people".

That was me that made the statement about the list DLove, but i figured out its a risk everyone must take, as you pointed it out, take it like a "if i die, check out those people".

Then we're agreed.

Just jumping back in for a sec to add my suspectlist since it was kinda silly to forget it in my post when i was talking about just that.

Noodle - for pressing for a early lynch+early daystop befor even half the day done. Pressing on with brute force in the same way as Asrinn

CC - Been supicious from the start mosty due to a hunch. Not makin that much sound, will revise after sleepin.

Leo - Lots of talk abouth nothing. Possible rolefish in beginning which might mean nothing but a hard read and get my attention.

Will revise this tomorrow.

G'nite

Just stopping by before I'm off for the night.

Going to point it out now?

I've already posted on the matter and as I said, after thinking it through, I'm leaning towards trusting BoD (though opposed to my first reaction) as a result of the one of the posts that had me suspicious of him in the first place. Also, I'd mention that I unvoted wicked a short time after my initial vote, and am very strongly and openly opposed to the idea of letting out lynch be guided by Sitros death story. Kinda getting the feeling you're just skimming through the thread Aman.

I'll delay voting till tomorrow, I want to do some back reading before it.

Vote counts for the moment. 'Scuse me if I left someone's vote out, please point my errors to me. I'm not perfect you see.

Votee(number of votes): voters

noodle(4): asrrin, dloveswe, bad ash, wickedswami,
wickedswami(3): Noodle, krazeyivan, crowd control
krazeyivan(1): bod trader
orphan(1): marahumm

with 15 alive it's 9 to lock and 8 to lynch.

Those lyrics have something to them that we are not seeing. Someone with a sharper mind than mine should look into it.

I just think its worth looking into it more. Besides, Noodle and Gorny are on my list also. Theres still time to decide on that.

If there are two versions, try crossing the words from the note to the other version and see where that gets you.

You seem very interested in the lyrics of the song ThunderCat, and usually bring it up every now and then though no-one seems to be too concerned about it. What do you suspect you'll find out of it?

I find your read on Noodle being scum pretty weak. I haven't seen anything really suspicious of him yet.

I sort of agree. He was eager to lock in a the vote, and on someone hinted at through the notes left at night of all things. Other than that had played under the radar. Another person playing quite well under the radar is Assrin

[JK]
I think our biggest concern is that note/story we got at the beginning of the day. The way I see it two people are involved (excluding Sitro), Orphan and Wicked.

Which is probably exactly what the Mafia want by placing the notes at night (which I presume is how the notes got in place, and not by Ankeli). It's to draw attention away from themselves and on to other people. What's your reasons in thinking that the note/story are so important?

[JK]
That said, I still haven't seen anything from Orphan, and I think he would be the better choice of the two.

Vote: Orphan

Something tells me that now that there's a vote against him, we'll start to hear from him.

You must have missed all the posts I did earlier today.

(He said he was going to post during this dayphase to clarify that i dont want to wait forever or anything)

I'm sensing a drunk mafia slipup here. Could you point me to where he said he was going to post during this "dayphase"? And when else would he be posting?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High