Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Re: Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Btw it's half plus one to lock so half is 9 + 1 = 10 to lock at this point.

That's what I wrote (I think).
I was just wondering weather a lynch can be achieved without locking it? Iirc on previous games I played there were two thresholds - one to lynch and a higher one to lock.

Previous post correction: "...that we would suffer?" should read "...that we would suffer normally?" Typos make SiTro sad.

I agree with modkills for inactive, with 18 players theres bound to be atleast one.
As for a lynch, im going to suggest that we simply talk it out and see what reactions turn out, maybe we get lucky and someone slips. Just make sure you think before pointing fingers, last round Bad Ash almost got lynched due to a mestake like this.

Of course, modkilling an inactive player does speed up the mafia's job, assuming that the inactive is a townie (more likely IMO).

Two posts from Gorny caught my eye:

Not sure this early in the game.

I'd like to hear from the others that have not been on yet.

Starting at day phase only delays the information part. At least it gives some insight as to whom posts and who's not.
Yeah but with the difference in timezones.. aren't some people sleeping at this point?

In the first post, the game is only an hour old but he is calling out the 12/18 players who have yet to post by that point. The second post shows that he is aware that not all of them have necessarily checked the forums yet and realised the game is active. Not really sure what to make of this, other than it relegates the first point to more of a "checking in" statement.

I was just wondering weather a lynch can be achieved without locking it? Iirc on previous games I played there were two thresholds - one to lynch and a higher one to lock.

I think if we did not have enough votes for a lock the person in question would have until the end of the current day. For example if we voted to 9 on (random player A) and someone else gave cause to vote for them before thenend then we could unvote player A and vote for Player B if there was time?

It's usually 1 vote less to lynch than to lock I think. Hopefully Ankeli can enlighten us when he gets back

It's usually 1 vote less to lynch than to lock I think. Hopefully Ankeli can enlighten us when he gets back

Popping in quickly.

Yes, it's 1 vote less to lynch than to lock. I kind of assumed it as mandatory and forgot to mention it, I'll add it to the rules for convenience.

Would you agree that since the information is delayed there's a high chance that we effectively start the game after two townie kills (lynch + nk) rather than the one (nk) that we would suffer? Would certainly be a blow to morale anyway.

Yes, but that is no different from every other day where more and more stuff comes to light. I see this extra day as an extra opportunity to lynch a Mafia, albeit it might be a small chance.

So, I have no idea what's going on right now.
I never followed the previous games, nor did I even bother to read about them.

It's 1:30 PM for me here and I'd imagine people in Europe are either in late evening or already asleep as it's late Sunday going on Monday already.

I usually go to bed at 21:22, but for tonight. I'm staying up untill at least 22:00!

haha, I dont think it matters if we start during the day or during the night. We know very little anyway and at least now we still have all our players to discuss.

When we start at night we have a guarenteed townie or powerole kill. When we lynch someone now we have a chance of hitting a maffia aswell. It's a slim chance but it's better then no chance.

Anyone want to give Turb a crash course in mafia?

I recall Turb doing something similar, acting all innocent but knowing damn well what was going on. Though I'm not sure from where.

I'm not pointing a finger or anything, just saying.

Yes, but that is no different from every other day where more and more stuff comes to light. I see this extra day as an extra opportunity to lynch a Mafia, albeit it might be a small chance.

I mostly agree with you, but don't forget that the mafia aren't the only ones who 'lost a turn' with this type of start.

Preview edit: @Ludacris - see above.

@Turb - Read

Sitro, as true as that may be, last round a mafia member was modkilled due to inactivity. Also why keep an inactive arround even if hes a townie? It helps us with nothing, but in the event of a modkill we learn his alignment. Thus more info for the town.

Sitro, as true as that may be, last round a mafia member was modkilled due to inactivity. Also why keep an inactive arround even if hes a townie? It helps us with nothing, but in the event of a modkill we learn his alignment. Thus more info for the town.

Eager to kill eh? Duly noted :devil:

but in the event of a modkill we learn his alignment. Thus more info for the town.

Was this what happened last game?(didn't follow last game).

I only ask because in previous games i played in/hosted if i mod killed someone i didn't reveal the alignment/other hosts have done the same.

Was that Essojay last round?

Aman, Marahumm revealed that last round when GuardianHadrel (i think that was his name) was modkilled. At that time he was Baal, one of the prime evil ie. mafia member. Im guessing Ankeli will do the same. And if i recall corectly, Gorny also mentioned the identity of the person modkilled on the round he hosted.
CC, it was just a joke sir.

hey guys! sorry for not posting until now. we are spending the weekend with my fam and we will both try to check in as much as possible, but may not be very active until later tonight. sorry for the inconvienance. :(

i was actually a little surprised with the game starting with day. hehe, kind of threw me off. but it's all cool. i think we might find out more info this way. :D

as for the "bandwagon" against Gorny, im not jumping on yet. not till he is more suspicious. so far, everyone's looking good to me.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High