Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

Re: Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

If I'm right...he lives and we lynch a mafia.

What you neglected to mention (again) is "we lynch a mafia"... you hope. Lynching a mafia this round is pure luck (unless of course you are working for the mafia; then it's just bad planning, right?).

Gorny, you are suggesting to follow a path that could result in three possible townie deaths (including the NK). Is that town like behavior?

xvart.

xvart, your defense is failing...

Actually, I think with you and CC talk circles I feel my defense is only getting stronger. And I think anyone reading will start to see some behavior that is not necessarily in the best interest of the town.

It's kind of funny xvart, how you're so quick to jump on me. If you can't get me lynched now are you going to kill me tonight?

I don't want you lynched today by any means. I thought I had been very clear about wanting CC lynched. I just think you and CC are behaving very suspiciously. And if CC dies and turns up town, then I will back off my opinion of you being as suspicious as I think you are.

I did not open up with the gamblers fallacy this game. Go look who did.

You are right, SiTro did; but you took advantage of him saying it to announce who the mafia were in the original role assignments.

xvart.

Want to know how I know there isn't a Serial Killer? Aman hates 3rd party roles, with separate winning conditions. I know this because he and I talk all the time, and we've had this conversation in the past. Just like if Liquid hosted a game, there will NEVER be a village idiot, or a 3rd party that can win the game.

If we want to save Crowd Control (who is either the mafia target from Night 1, or randomly selected, which means that the odds favor him being townie), then we need to lynch Gorny. Xvart is playing like a guy new to the game, whereas Gorny is acting like a typical overly-helpful mafia.

IF CC and Gorny are Mafia, who cares? there is a 75% chance if not greater that Xvart is a townie (just based on the # of people and the # of mafia vs townie) if this is the case CC is dead. We will find his role, and Gorny will be forever tied to it. If its evil, gorny is on the chopping block. if Xvart is a mafia, then CC is probably cleared up. Lynching CC gives us less information then we would get by lynching someone else. A Lynch vote on someone else is playing the odds as a lynch on CC also. This will give us the MOST information and lynching CC is taking information away from the town and acting very suspicially in my mind

Last game, BOD was scum. He voted away from his other scum brothers just the way he is doing this game when a lynch was basically locked for someone else. Trends?

Also, @Noodles credibility on Liquid, wicked, it isnt that strong. he is saying that he is just being consistent. If I was townie townie townie and acted the same way and then all of a sudden was scum, would you try to act differently? No. he is experienced at this game and knows that varrying from his trend would cause suspicion. He is still very high on my suspects list

Bad Ash, I'm not saying I believe Liquid to be a townie. I'm just cautioning against drawing the conclusion that he's mafia just because he's stepping up and actively questioning people. He does that every game regardless of his role, so I don't see it as evidence one way or the other. He may very well turn out to be mafia, but I haven't yet seen anything that convinces me one way or the other.

- Noodle

Bad Ash, I'm not saying I believe Liquid to be a townie. I'm just cautioning against drawing the conclusion that he's mafia just because he's stepping up and actively questioning people. He does that every game regardless of his role, so I don't see it as evidence one way or the other. He may very well turn out to be mafia, but I haven't yet seen anything that convinces me one way or the other.

- Noodle

defintely agree and I was just posing a counte-arguement against that. As I said your credibility DID help his case, but I am not quick to dismiss it completely

Want to know how I know there isn't a Serial Killer? Aman hates 3rd party roles, with separate winning conditions. I know this because he and I talk all the time, and we've had this conversation in the past.

This does not mean there will never be a SK or third party in a aman game; especially if aman thought of a cool theme that would need a third party (i.e. saw and a serial killer).

I did not open up with the gamblers fallacy this game. Go look who did.

After re reading, I realize while you were not the first person to mention the words "gambler" or "fallacy" in the same sentence, your post is the one the initiated it being brought up:

If the roles were re-randomied, then previous mafia members are now townies. So those that were townies with the first PM are suspected mafioso until proven innocent.

So my point still stands. You almost slipped that one by me.

xvart.

This does not mean there will never be a SK or third party in a aman game; especially if aman thought of a cool theme that would need a third party (i.e. saw and a serial killer).

True, but in the Saw movies Jigsaw (who people are to believe is the Serial Killer) is basically running the show. He's the man behind the curtain, and I would liken that to Aman. He's the one running this game.

And CC turned out to be the SK too, might I add.

Other than the reverse beartrap there is no reference whatsoever to Saw as far as I can see. And thinking there's no SK in this game is very naive imo.
Examine aman's thread content/title more closely if you still aren't seeing the references. I also might stubbornly assume things at times, but only with good reason; I'm hardly a naive mafia player and I'm 99% certain that this town does not have to worry about a traditional SK role. I'm also 99% certain that a NK will occur tonight now that the mafia have finally realized what's going on and that they have to actually use their PM features.

@ Bad Ash- Since my townie case was apparently helped by Noodle, how about some answers to the questions from earlier. I see no reason to still avoid them and even if you really believe that I am mafia, your answers might prove helpful to an actual townie or two since I'm not the only one reading the thread.

Wait. So does the day end in about three hours? We need to get a lynch in... I don't know what the count but I think I have three or four votes, I think CC has two, and a couple other one vote wonders...

If I do end up getting lynched both CC and I will die. In fact, if we are one vote from getting a lynch on me and it is close to the end of the day, I will switch my vote to myself because I know what that outcome will be, and as I have said all along, I want to do what is in the best interests of the town.

My role will be revealed as a townie and hopefully CC's role will be revealed as whatever he is, too. If CC turns up mafia, your next vote should be Gorny since he has been defending CC and trying to keep him from the only kill today. If CC turns up town, you should still lynch Gorny the next day because he instigated and fought for getting two town members killed.

xvart.

I'm gna give u guys the benefit of the doubt on this one. I really don't think that xvart is scum. But i wont be here for tyhe end of the night now so i don't really have a choice on this one. No lynch on day 1 is always a terrible idea.

Vote Xvart

this is my 3rd mafia game. As I stated before more than once, I do not know what has gotten CC in this situationa nd provided counter arguements for people to consider just to think outside of the box.

Are we sure this is done by Mafia? Logically it would be CC was night killed and this is the result with a chance to save himself or have others save him.

If not done by mafia what else could this be? It could be just a random twist, name drawn out of a hat by Aman to start the game. It could be a serial killer who chose CC, it could be a Jigsaw character which would be a version of the SK also.

I think it was mafia and it was a NK. It makes the most sense, but this doesnt mean its 100% the truth.

@BoD, you are correct, but what I meant was Zhao was the vigilante and targeted you becasue you strayed from the trend and voted for him. He targeted someone who voted for him in his vigilante role to kill, and it was you. The doc saved him and you were sadly killed as me and my other botters had to go on.

I am not saying defintes, what I am trying to do is actively bring some evidence to light instead of just posting vanilla answers. not everything might be useful, but so far we have noticed trends that could help the end result of the game. Doesnt mean anything one way or another, just something for people to think about

Arguing between a lynch and (in effect) a no lynch is a dead end. It's not taking us closer to actually determine who the mafia are.

A few things i find suspicious at the moment. Firstly, Nicro's and Luda's quick, easy, and (more or less) unexplained votes against xvart. It's an easy (albeit noobish) way of creating momentum against a probable lynch target for the mafia. I find it unlikely for them both to be mafia, though.

Secondly, SiTro and Zhao are playing their own mini-game that's seemingly adding content and action, but it's helping no one. On the other hand, I'd be surprised to not see such things in these games.

Lastly, Gorny is playing very aggressively against a single person. I don't know what it means, but it strikes my eyes as odd that he's not really considering any other alternatives. (Or is it just me being undecisive in comparison?)

Does anyone else see anything more than the xvart situation and endless arguing about whether to lynch someone possibly mafia or someone who is dying anyways?

On a scale of 1 to 10, give me your e-rage value. Your work will be scored mostly on hilarity value./QUOTE]

Moose.

Interesting that Zhao suggested CC reveal his role (something I'd support btw), and CC seemed to ignore the part about the role claiming while saying he hoped that his role would be revealed upon death. That doesn't seem to sit right.

Xvart: I don't understand. Assuming that the trap is townie only, you'd rather lynch a townie for sure than take a chance at finding a mafia member? I'm not a fan of no-lynches in the first place.

Want to know how I know there isn't a Serial Killer? Aman hates 3rd party roles, with separate winning conditions. I know this because he and I talk all the time, and we've had this conversation in the past. Just like if Liquid hosted a game, there will NEVER be a village idiot, or a 3rd party that can win the game.

If we want to save Crowd Control (who is either the mafia target from Night 1, or randomly selected, which means that the odds favor him being townie), then we need to lynch Gorny. Xvart is playing like a guy new to the game, whereas Gorny is acting like a typical overly-helpful mafia.

+1

Look back in the rounds where village idiots and serial killers have featured. And look at the hosts. Although, this being Aman, I'd bet on three or four bus drivers roaming the streets. :crazyeyes:

I had thought it was Xvart who had prior experience but I was wrong. Agreed that he comes across as new to the game, maybe a bit more vocal than I'd expect. That makes me wonder if he's that likely to be mafia.

BoD: Whether a lynch was right or wrong doesn't add much to how credible it was to make the vote you did. [Not a pro- or anti- comment]

Does anyone find wickedswami's comments today interesting, given that he's played these games before in real life?

Unvote.
Vote: Gorny

There's still time to turn this around. Gorny's been acting suspiciously all day. The stats get mentioned in pretty much any game, and he still implies that the first roles aman sent out could have an effect on the roles generated the second time round. He was unaware of the doctor's ability to save themselves. These don't seem to fit with what I know of him, I had thought he'd played in and run quite a few rounds by now.

As well as which, he's posted a lot to day but until at least halfway through the day there was little significant content in there.

Xvart: I don't understand. Assuming that the trap is townie only, you'd rather lynch a townie for sure than take a chance at finding a mafia member? I'm not a fan of no-lynches in the first place.

My point is that the odds of finding a mafia member is very low on the first day, because it is also hearsay today anyway. We have nothing to compare anything anyone is saying. Given that there are probably twice as many townies as scum, the odds us selecting someone town is highly likely. That being the case, we are lynching two people, the person we lynched and CC.

I'm saying that since we do not know if CC is town or not, and we have no information about the nature of the trap, the safest play for us at this time is to kill the one person that is likely to die anyway. If he turns out to be mafia, all the better.

I'm gna give u guys the benefit of the doubt on this one. I really don't think that xvart is scum. But i wont be here for tyhe end of the night now so i don't really have a choice on this one. No lynch on day 1 is always a terrible idea.

Vote Xvart

I did a rough count and I must have underestimated how many votes I had. With BoD's vote, I think I have eight, so I won't be changing my vote since the end of the day will come. When I am dead (and CC, too) think long and hard about the people I have been debating with and the conversations we have had.

xvart.

I did a rough count and I must have underestimated how many votes I had. With BoD's vote, I think I have eight, so I won't be changing my vote since the end of the day will come. When I am dead (and CC, too) think long and hard about the people I have been debating with and the conversations we have had.

xvart.

I should also mention that I say this hoping that all mafia members are currently on my bandwagon, so if anyone who hasn't been posting very much votes for me right away, I would strongly lean towards them as the silent mafia trying to secure a double lynch real fast without people jumping off of voting for me.

xvart.

One more question, if I get lynch locked can I still speak until it is confirmed by aman?

xvart.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High