Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

Re: Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

not much activity in the last few hours.
Seems like xvart will die tonight..
It saddens me how one of us new guys has to leave the group so soon.
It seems like most of you are only voting him just to get a lynch in today, and not because you think he is a mobster.
I still don't think lyn(m)ching someone today is the best way to go. At least not for this reason.

I'm pretty sure someone will come around and point fingers at me now for "also being a mob and trying to get xvart out", well, so be it then.

further i'd like to add that liquid_evil's playstyle was making me a bit suspicious, but since noodle confirmed this is his regular playstyle. I will no longer think such things.

now, a question about later in the game:
if at some point there would be 2 townie's and 3 mobs, is there still a way for the townie's to win? (as in: what if they come to the conclusion that the other 3 are the mobs, do they win?)

Man you guys spam like mad. tl;dr

@Liquid: Altx's bandwagon is snowballing because some people don't come to the thread alot or don't want to read through all the posts and want the easy vote or some mafia members might want to slip in a vote to blend in with the crowd.

@Those that argue against a lynch or to lynch CC to save a townie: The purpose of this game is to catch and kill all the Mafia, not save townies. Lynching a townie reveals his/her alignment and garnishes everyone with additional information which can be used to analyze the remaining players based on their postage on that or previous days.

* Points to Sitro, makes slicing motion with finger across throat *

Oh, so you make death threats and try to score points by rephrasing what I wrote?!

@Those that argue against a lynch or to lynch CC to save a townie: The purpose of this game is to catch and kill all the Mafia, not save townies. Lynching a townie reveals his/her alignment and garnishes everyone with additional information which can be used to analyze the remaining players based on their postage on that or previous days.

saving a townie means we have another day to live against the mafia and thus another day to catch them

killing a townie in stead of a mafia is actually makin it harder to catch the mafia and since that is the purpose of this game (as you said urself), we should not do such things.

I cannot understand how some of you seem to think killing a townie in order to find out he was a townie (be it or be it not with a special role) is more profitable in finding out the mafia then not killing a townie.

This isn't a witchhunt. We shouldn't drown people just to see if they will float or not, because most of them won't.

Oh, so you make death threats and try to score points by rephrasing what I wrote?!

On a scale of 1 to 10, give me your e-rage value. Your work will be scored mostly on hilarity value.

saving a townie means we have another day to live against the mafia and thus another day to catch them

killing a townie in stead of a mafia is actually makin it harder to catch the mafia and since that is the purpose of this game (as you said urself), we should not do such things.

I cannot understand how some of you seem to think killing a townie in order to find out he was a townie (be it or be it not with a special role) is more profitable in finding out the mafia then not killing a townie.

This isn't a witchhunt. We shouldn't drown people just to see if they will float or not, because most of them won't.

This is a game for information. You lynch players to not only see if they are Mafia, but to gather the information that their death brings.

You want to 'save' a townie to have another day to live to catch Mafia but what happens the next day? Are you going to use the same arguement again?

This is a witchhunt, half the fun is watching people squirm. Nothing is certain; if the town is unwilling to take risks from time to time then they will never win.

RE: Bomb on CC's mouth - If CC gets blown up today, we learn his role, however if we save him, he might be targetted for a NK tonight. What is everyone's opinion on whether CC should role claim today? Yes or No?

RE: Bomb on CC's mouth - If CC gets blown up today, we learn his role, however if we save him, he might be targetted for a NK tonight. What is everyone's opinion on whether CC should role claim today? Yes or No?

This hasn't been discussed yet. And aman is staying in the background rather much. Of course I hope my role will be revealed upon the detonation of the trap, along with whomever we lynch today. That will be in the best interest of the Town.

What I wonder is: in the case of a serial killer, how can he possibly be sure to set a trap on a Townie and place a (the?) key inside a(ll) Mafia? It seems hard to believe a SK would know the alignment of all participants and can trap accordingly. But this situation being random today is kind of unlikely too.

Furthermore, this from Liq:
By this logic, then should we always play it safe and vote for the person in the daily trap?

Who's to say this will become a daily event? Who's to say that tomorrow something totally different will happen?
By that sentence you are hereby my prime suspect of being the SK (might we have one). Too bad lynching a SK wouldn't help me with this twap awound my jaw.

@ CC
Mafia Game #2 Live or Die
all of aman's role playing posts

1. Humans are creatures of habit.
2. I doubt very much that there's a serial killer role in this game with a mafia team and wrong lynch penalties.
3. "Saw" is very clearly the theme of this game.

Just using some induction. I believe there'll be another one tomorrow...and the next day, and the next...

Other than the reverse beartrap there is no reference whatsoever to Saw as far as I can see. And thinking there's no SK in this game is very naive imo.

BoD Trader- Have you noticed any connections between certain

I've noticed that gorny and CC seem to be a bit tight in together. I dont know if anyone else noticed this. I don't see how Gorny can be certain CC is pro town. I for one am still hugely unconvinced by this. It just seems all too simple. I'm kinda thinking along the lines of xvart too. I think at least if we do lynch CC we learn something. If we lynch CC and he turns up anti-town then i'm all but certain Gorny will too.

Vote Crowd Controll

Plus let's put it this way, who else do we have to suspect? It's nearing day end and we still have no real leads or suspects. So even if we do get a lynch in it's hardly likely it's going to be a mafia and so we are hardly likely gonna save CC. I'd much rather have the town lynch him and we learn the allignment, then have a pro town die and have CC's roll lost.

If anyone can convince me why my vote we be of better use somewhere else, and where else it will be better used, i will vote elsewhere. But to me this seems to make the most sense. It's very much the lesser of two evils.

Other than the reverse beartrap there is no reference whatsoever to Saw as far as I can see. And thinking there's no SK in this game is very naive imo.

I think that the game title is a pretty huge refernece as it is a direct quote from the film.

Xvart: What makes you reject the possibility that who gets put in the trap is based on alignment. If it's the case that only townies face this situation then you're essentially arguing for a no-lynch.

You are correct. IF the trap is townie only, it is the same as a no-lynch. Even if it is a no lynch, on THE FIRST DAY, it is still a better option than shooting in the dark and possibly killing another townie. Then tomorrow we will have more information, whether the trap repeats, whether there is an actual night kill, and much much more to help us save the town.

If tomorrow comes and there is a night kill and another trap, we know we have a SK. If there is no night kill and another trap, then the mafia is using some sort of delayed mechanism for their killing.

What I wonder is: in the case of a serial killer, how can he possibly be sure to set a trap on a Townie and place a (the?) key inside a(ll) Mafia? It seems hard to believe a SK would know the alignment of all participants and can trap accordingly. But this situation being random today is kind of unlikely too.

I guess I dismissed this as just a mechanism that might not necessarily be grounded in the storyline.

I agree.

xvart.

Ah I didn't get the game title. Very well, that's settled then.

As for voting me is utterly stupid. You should either withdraw from voting or vote for someone else. I'll most likely be dead anyway.

As for me and Gorny somewhat teaming up, there's truth in that. And believe me that I do not intentionally align me with him today, it's a mixture of us both being Mafia at first and then Townie in the 2nd PM (in my case that is). Gorny has acted in such a way that I think he became a Townie as well. And it is only for today that we both seem to think xvart is the one to lynch. Tomorrow can be totally different.

Of course it largely all depends on whether or not it will be revealed that I am a Townie upon my jawbreak death or not. I hope aman will clear this up soon. I have to go to work now, so I don't think I will get to post before the end of the day.

FRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

I think that the game title is a pretty huge refernece as it is a direct quote from the film.

Also how do you know that there aren't any SAW based roles. I for one think it would be cool for there to be a jigsaw.

Then we're all screwed.

Nah the jigsaw is a cancer ridden old man. We can ake him xD

take him* (10)

As for voting me is utterly stupid. You should either withdraw from voting or vote for someone else. I'll most likely be dead anyway.

As is voting for me. However, voting for me will guarantee killing one townie (me) and possibly killing another; but I think we both know that you are not really a townie.

As for me and Gorny somewhat teaming up, there's truth in that. And believe me that I do not intentionally align me with him today, it's a mixture of us both being Mafia at first

So you guys are somehow metaphysically connected through the first role assignment alignment even though you allegedly cannot talk to each other outside the game?

then Townie in the 2nd PM (in my case that is).

You are getting very suspicious. For the record, though, I want to point out that claiming to be town during the first day is a "mafia tell" according to Gorny, so your little alliance might crumble now.

And it is only for today that we both seem to think xvart is the one to lynch. Tomorrow can be totally different.

Oh, and it will be; because we both will be dead, and Gorny will not have you to be in cahoots with.

Gorny has acted in such a way that I think he became a Townie as well. And it is only for today that we both seem to think xvart is the one to lynch. Tomorrow can be totally different.

Gorny has just pointed some fingers, dodged some questions, provided no real substance other than trying to get the person lynched who is trying to get you lynched.

Could it be that you guys are actually the mafia again and not all the roles were really switched? Then Gorny opens up with Gambler's Fallacy and other such non-sense to have every think, what are the odds that the three of them would be mafia again?

I think Gorny wants me dead because he normally doesn't seem like an irrational guy and he realizes that I am on to him and he wants me dead to shut me up even though he knows it will result in CC's death (because that will happen either way).

I say we lynch CC today, and if he happens to turn up mafia, Gorny is next on the list.

xvart.

My reasoning for thinking that CC was pro town had (at first) centered around the thought of why would the mafia trap one of their own at the start?" This was before the idea of the SK came up. If the roles got redone and it seems that they did, then CC being trapped lead me to think he was a townie. Here's another point SK or not, CC could not be the SK and intentionally trap himself. So I', leaning on him being pro town ... either vanilla townie or some unknown townie variant.

If I'm wrong he dies and we get info. If I'm right...he lives and we lynch a mafia. Catch is CC might die during the night or he might not...

I'm afraid this is the last time i will be on for the day. I'll go with a null vote for now, and see what happens after that.
Xvart, the random accusing of other people is actually making you look more suspicious.. i'd shut up now if i were you :)
good night

It's kind of funny xvart, how you're so quick to jump on me. If you can't get me lynched now are you going to kill me tonight?

You still proclaim yourself to be a townie. I don't buy that at all.

Yes, e were connected at the first role assignment...that has no bearing now. I think you as a possible mafioso ae trying to take advantage of that in order to get some of the heat off of you.

Claiming to be town on the first day being a sign of mafia isn't my call. Many mafia players take that as a sign of suspicion. It's an easy way of sealing your fate. Town or mafia. Even a VI would not be so quick to do so.

Cahoots? Now I have not heard that one in a while.

Pointed fingers, dodged questions, lions, tigers and bears Oh MY!

xvart, your defense is failing...I did not open up with the gamblers fallacy this game. Go look who did.

You can be on to me all you want, but you are still getting lost.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High