Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

Re: Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

conclusion
26% chance on 1death&1mobkill+74%chance on 3 deaths
versus
100% chance of 2 deaths

I see this as 26% chance of making progress vs 0% chance of making progress.

I disagree about the game not having the night zero. Would aman just have pick CC at random for this possible early demise? I would at least like to think there's a scum involvement there.

I've seen Ray online and in this forum, but he has not posted.

that puts him on my suspicious list under xvart and wicked...

more like:

xvart
wicked
Ray
nicro

I agree with what appears to be a consensus on xvart. Not lynmching anyone just allows the mafia to pick us off one by one with no shot of actually winning.

Vote: xvart

you're seeing it wrong jaago, since the 74% isn't just "not making progress". It's actually giving progress away to the mobs.

consider it a 26 (let's call this 1/4 from now on) chance of putting 2 steps forward with a 3/4 chance of putting one step back vs standing still and thinking it through

I agree with what appears to be a consensus on xvart. Not lynmching anyone just allows the mafia to pick us off one by one with no shot of actually winning.

Gorny jokingly becomes very suspicious of Noodle because Noodle is not posting in the third person.

Noodle is working on a way to post in the second person plural tense, but is struggling.

No, We're not!

Yes, you are. All of you are.

Fine. Be that way. We'll be over here filing our teeth down to razor sharp points. You have to sleep sometime.

well i'm off to bed (11pm here, gotta get up early tomorrow).

i am hereby assuming that this day continues for another 24 hours. At the end of those, it will be decided who (if any) gets to be lynched and night will begin.
correct?

Noodle is working on a way to post in the second person plural tense, but is struggling.

No, We're not!

Yes, you are. All of you are.

Fine. Be that way. We'll be over here filing our teeth down to razor sharp points. You have to sleep sometime.

Confirmed.

Noodle is nuts.

I'm sure of that.

This can move so fast if you're busy. Can someone sum up who's the most suspisious now? I'm afraid I can't check tomorrow either. Going to a football match and gone for the day :(

Don't take my not showing a sign.

Since hes high on my suspicionlist too I feel its time for

Vote: Xvart

Let's see how he responds.

I will probably hit the sack in not too long too.

I've seen Ray online and in this forum, but he has not posted.

that puts him on my suspicious list under xvart and wicked...

more like:

xvart
wicked
Ray
nicro

Yay. Ya, I'm back from school and just read like 53489 pages of stuff. Anyways, let us hope Xvart is the mob, so we can save CC.

I don't want a no lynch so I'll go with the flow for now.

Vote: Xvart

Was this thread recently merged with the “random off-topic garbage†thread? By the looks of things we're about 2 posts away from "ORLY" posts and that much further from anything substantial. Seriously, can we throw a little more sand in the air so that any Mafioso that hasn’t hidden away in this mess can still have that opportunity? I’m all for grand first days, but more content and less fluff would be incredibly helpful.

The Crowd Control issue- Who cares? Chances are he’s dead at the end of the day so we don’t need to worry about him unless he lives until tomorrow. Probably townie, but we definitely shouldn’t waste a lynch on him.

Now some questions in an attempt to get the game back on track:
DLoveSwe- If you were the doctor, would you have protected yourself the first night or put your save to work elsewhere?
Bad Ash- What do you think of wickedswami? And also, are you reading everything or merely skimming?
BoD Trader- Have you noticed any connections between certain players? Who?
Xvart- You’re getting quite the wagon on you. Care to name your partners? If not, why don’t you give us a list of the two people you trust the most.
Sitro- How about a day one suspect list.
Zhao- Why do you think this wagon on Xvart is so huge when there's still a whole day to go before votes are tallied?
Ludacris- Do you usually just "go with the flow"?
nicro tower- What do you think of Noodle?

Noodle? He's weird, but he doesnt set off any alarm bells right now. Not really sure about his role though.

DLoveSwe- If you were the doctor, would you have protected yourself the first night or put your save to work elsewhere?

I would probably not save myself. I think I would go for someone that I know will do good for the town if townie, just for safeness. For good or worse

I'm no buying xvart's "The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few or the one" story just yet.

We are a mass of people on day one with extremely limited (and unfounded) information at this point. We must rely on the "needs of the many" at this point. I would almost suggest that anyone with a selfish attitude at this point is more scummy than those looking out for the best interest of everyone.

If we lynch CC and he is a townie, then that's one down, another dies during the night and we are down by two.

Yes; however, you cannot count the second person because someone will die at night no matter what (provided no doctor save occurs or some other power role). SO, for the purpose of this example, the second kill doesn't count since it is a moot point. That will occur regardless of the lynch outcome. Pretty sneaking, though; I almost missed that.

If we do not lynch CC and we lynmch (lynmch?? lol) a townie by mistake, then we're still down two.

Unless CC is a mafia; then you are only down one.

If we don't lynch CC and we do manage to lynch a mafia then CC is saved today but there's no saying he might die at night from the mafia or at any other time from some other attack (like a Vigi or SK if there are)

But he might be mafia.

By killing CC, the point is this:

If CC is mafia, then killing him eliminates a mafia and we do not lynch a townie.

If CC is town, then killing him eliminates killing someone (who likely is not mafia) thereby killing two townies in the first day. Odds are, this will be the outcome since the first day is just a bunch of people reading into every little detail about alignment.

I fully recognize that the best possible scenario would be to pick someone other than CC, that person be a mafia, and CC is free. But truly, does anyone think that that is going to happen based on the dialogue thus far?

The safest play for the town (given there is a SK) is to vote CC. I don't think CC has said anything that necessarily aligns him with either town or mafia; but, I believe this is the best play for the town. Had this conversation started on any other day, I would not suggest killing CC; but since there is relatively any substantial evidence for anyone this is the best course of action.

If we do what I suggest, the worst possible scenario (for the town) is we kill one townie and the best possible scenario is we kill one mafia.

Lynching anyone else, the wost possible scenario (for the town) is we kill two townies and the best possible scenario is we kill one mafia.

I feel if we lynch CC its about the same as going for a no-lynch just because you don't accidently want to waste a townie when your not sure. If we nail a mafia CC lives and thats the better deal, we should aim for that. Thats my opinion at least

I would rather not run the risk of killing two townies, which is my point.

While the logic of "lets only lose one townie today" does indeed make sense, why bring this out now rather than earlier?

I thought of it (and "brought it out") as soon as I read the mention of the Serial Killer. Without a serial killer, killing CC would not be in the best interest of the town since, based on the story, CC is likely to be town. However, with a SK, CC is just as likely to be town or mafia as anyone else on the first day.

Is this a desperation move to sway the town into killing one townie, thereby leaving one less for the mafia to kill?

I'm simply trying to avoid accidentally killing two townies.

But nevertheless, being wrong or a newbie rarely makes anyone scum instantly. I'd assume the real mafia are just watching by.

Yes. Or perhaps the mafia is instigating some townie lynches...

At this point, xvart seems highest on my list of suspicious peolple to vote a lynch on. For the defensiveness of the newbie card and also the sudden vote for CC out of the blue.

I must be mistaken, but I don't recall being defensive at all. When asked to prove that I am not mafia based solely on the fact that I am a nooby I said:

Hi Liquid. To answer your question, you shouldn't target me because lack of recent posting has no bearing on role assignments (as far as I know). Also because I am not scum. :wink:.

What else is there to say? In fact, I can't imagine being any less defensive. lol. Furthermore, my CC vote was hardly out of the blue. It was based on the conversation regarding a SK and the logic I explained.

It seems to me, Gorny, that you are reaching (and successfully I might add).

Xvart seems to have a hidden agenda and if not, there's still fishyness there.

My "hidden agenda" is to save the town, whether you are a townie or not.

xvart.

xvart said:
If CC is mafia, then killing him eliminates a mafia and we do not lynch a townie.

If CC is town, then killing him eliminates killing someone (who likely is not mafia) thereby killing two townies in the first day. Odds are, this will be the outcome since the first day is just a bunch of people reading into every little detail about alignment.
By this logic, then should we always play it safe and vote for the person in the daily trap?

Absolutely not. Why would the town tread down some path that's A) random, B) controlled by the mafia or C) controlled by someone with a Jigsaw role? Looks like all the more reason not to vote CC to me. And have you taken into account that if we do nail a mafia, he is saved?

Xvart- You’re getting quite the wagon on you.

I know. I feel I am the only one talking sense and basing votes on substantial things other than noobness and other such unfounded logic. It is unfortunate because lynching me would result in the death of both me and CC.

If not, why don’t you give us a list of the two people you trust the most.

In all honesty, I don't really trust anyone at this point. However, you have moved up in my book because you seem to actually want to speak some by looking at everyone and asking legitimate questions.

As to the person I feel most scummy at this point (and I know I will probably get cited for only picking this person because he essentially started the band wagon on me - isn't that how these things usually go? lol.) is Gorny. He is just encouraging this bandwagon and dismissing some actual reason (with some faulty justifications by including the NK in his first example against killing CC. I wouldn't go so far as to say he is anti-town, but his behavior in my opinion is certainly not pro-town.

xvart.

By this logic, then should we always play it safe and vote for the person in the daily trap?

Of course not. I didn't mean to give that impression. I thought I explained that I would not suggest this on any other day.

Absolutely not. Why would the town tread down some path that's A) random, B) controlled by the mafia or C) controlled by someone with a Jigsaw role? Looks like all the more reason not to vote CC to me. And have you taken into account that if we do nail a mafia, he is saved?

Because day one is all about the town's best interest. Tomorrow we will have a NK and be able to analyze why that person died and we will have some actually basis for accusing people other than the way he or she responded to a simple question of "why are you not a mafia based on this being your first game of mafia?"

And have you taken into account that if we do nail a mafia, he is saved?

Of course. But truly, what are the odds of actually nailing a mafia member tonight based on a non-traditional game start with evidence that people are concocting based on simple responses?

I should also say that I realize that at this point it seems my intentions are heavily weighed by changing this bandwagon off of me. There is nothing I can do to change that image at this point except keep on the path and use the logic I have explained, which is undoubtedly pro-town.

xvart.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High