Your D2 moment 0f 2006 & ambitions for 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxicek

Guide Author
Aug 5, 2005
Your D2 moment 0f 2006 & ambitions for 2007

Happy New Year to everyone.

Just wondered what everyones favourite / most enjoyable D2 moment of 2006 was and what ambitions or targets you have for 2007.

2006 - My best moment was probably finding a Death's Fathom or patting my meleemancer. Most enjoyable is playing my DT/BF/DS Assassin. She's fragile but lots of fun.

2007 - Stop making new characters and start Pat/Mating some more. I have about 20 characters created at the moment, and only 5 Mats & Pats. Trouble is planning builds is just so damned addictive.

My most memorable moment of 2006 was on b-net. I had just started playing again after about a year or so, and hadn't really tried anything past 1.10.

SC B-net ladder account, first character was fishymancer.

Built him up to level 94.

Shako (P-topaz)
+3 summon ammy with 24% lightning resist.
Arm of King leoric
Trang's Armor (P-topaz)
Homonculus (um)
39% chance guards, Trangs Gloves, Frostburns (switched around a lot, had trouble deciding)
Marrowalks/War Travs
T-Gods

So what was so great? Building him up. Early in his career I found a trap skiller that was shortly after the ladder reset. I was actually on the ladder for a bit (which was exciting for me at the time since I used to play .09 where getting on the ladder seemed near inpossible for me)

At around level 92 I found arachnids mesh in the pit in act 1 to replace my t-gods for normal questing. I still used t-gods for WSK runs tho. Traded the trap skiller for a necro torch. Had 3 summon skillers, and various resistance charms.

This account eventually got hacked, but I loved this character, and I will never play on b-net again.

In 2007 I plan on starting over completely on SP. As a matter of fact I've deleted all of my characters and stashes (wasn't much of anything in there anyway) I am going for a regular unique/set grail, and mat/pat'ing a character of each class. (I belive you call it sept-something-or-other) I think I will get started now with that same necro.

Though I know I won't be able to get a torch, it wasn't needed anyway. I play vanilla through an through. No RRM or RWM.

Happy new year everybody, and good luck with everything you do this year.

-Reip

2006- quit diablo 3 times but then again came back 3 times lol and look i am still here. Most memorable though was getting my blizzballer through normal without a death (my first character to do so).

2007- Well starting year 11 and i got a year 12 subject to do (biology) so diablo is my least worries. Depends how life takes me determines how i play diablo this year.

Morathi

2006: Finishing Enigma. It's so much different having your own one in SP, than having one you traded for on b.net. It's also got me completely addicted to telepr0t again.

2007: No idea. Mainly making sure playing D2 doesn't distract me any more than it alredy does from exams. Oh, I think I've finally had enough of HF rushing too:tongue:

i agree with the teleport thing colony mentinoed :) good having one back...

2006: restarted after being gone since early 2004
2007: play for fun!

2006: Finishing Hardcore mode in Classic with a fishymancer, in just over a month. I was almost ready to give up on the character a number of times (Arcane Sanctuary, starting Act 4, some parts of the CS, all in Hell) but stuck with him. That paid off.

2007: I'm hoping to make more progress with my sept. I'm not the quickest of players, and there's normally a fair few demands on my time so I don't know how feasible 6 characters in 12 months is. It'll be fun though.

I also want to do some better mf'ing and work up something of an item pool to choose from for twinked characters.

Oh, and of course become the most feared name in pvp here. (dreaming) :grin:

2006: Finishing Hardcore mode in Classic with a fishymancer, in just over a month. I was almost ready to give up on the character a number of times (Arcane Sanctuary, starting Act 4, some parts of the CS, all in Hell) but stuck with him. That paid off.

2007: I'm hoping to make more progress with my sept. I'm not the quickest of players, and there's normally a fair few demands on my time so I don't know how feasible 6 characters in 12 months is. It'll be fun though.

I also want to do some better mf'ing and work up something of an item pool to choose from for twinked characters.

Oh, and of course become the most feared name in pvp here. (dreaming) :grin:

Wow, how did you take down bosses with a fishy? In particular diablo normal.

2006: Start Diablo II. Actually started like a week before 2006 ended. So my D2 moment so far wasssss.... uhhh.... Finding out I suck at melee classes and that sorcs rock hard.

2007: Rock hard on D2 WOOOOOO! Oh, and make friends and uhh... generally be weird on D2.

Wow, how did you take down bosses with a fishy? In particular diablo normal.

It's actually fairly easy if you follow the guide exactly on skill placement. Normal Diablo is the most difficult, the other bosses are no problem. If you play P8 through normal, put all you points into RS, SM except for getting Decrepify, Clay Golem & summon resist you should be OK, but you want to be about lvl 30-32 when you try to take him down. And a few plus skills go a long way.

2006: getting diablo II for my birthday (best gift my brother has ever thought of!), buying LoD

2007: I want to get at least one sept gardian this year, preferably my zon in the obsession tourny :grin:

~moiselvus

Edit: @SiTro, you said classic right? so how did it go without merc, and without ability to go to a1 for your first corpses, seems kinda hard to me :S
gratz on that one!

You're a filthy haxz0r colony, HF rushing... no class ^^

2006: My finest hour was making a non HFed enigma :p

2007: Hoping to make a BOTD, only need a Zod. Oh, and to taunt the drop gods more still, I'm gonna beat Marvel to it ^^ Hope to play some MP as well, steal some levels with my weaker characters.

2006: Definately my Abbot (it was close, though, Pat'd him on the 29th of December). Non-cookie cutter that proved me I still have the motivation to play this game with other classes, too. I was getting a bit frustrated because I have 3 Mat'd charaters, all of them are Sorceresses, other 6 characters are stuck with their Champion titles. The leveling part was awesome, too. The best one ever.

2007: The Champions don't bother me anymore, thanks to Fransisc. And because I don't have an urgent need to Pat or Mat anyone, I want to create more characters, characters that aren't just one-click-wonders (like Bornaloserbaby said it ;)). Meaning that I don't want to make characters that play through Hell with just right mouse button pressed down.

2006: Spent most of the year completing 7 HC guardians one of each class, limitted to what they found as a group. No item could be traded once it was used. Called it "the party of seven". Two key finds were an Astreon's Iron Ward that my avenger is using, and my first windforce.

2007: Dunno. I'm currently playing a Self-found but for one item (found by the party of seven) avenger. He's having real trouble with act V hell, but his equipment, other than his weapon, is pretty inferior. After I get done with him, or get tired of him if he stalls much longer, I'm going to do a self-found but for one strafer... the one item being the windforce. I might continue the theme of self-found-but-for-one with other classes, but don't really have items in mind for the others.

2006: Found two gheed's fortune in about one month. Also i enjoyed that tourney called The Moo Moo King must die, even if i had to surrender due to the lack of time.

2007: Board in more tournaments and i'll possibly try to finsih a sept, on SC, even if i told in my thread that it was Hc. I never Pat/Mat anybody so it will be a new challenge to me.

2006: I think my finest moment was finding an Arachnid Mesh within the first 10 times i ran Mephisto. Never tried to run him systematically before, and there it drops. It was lost in my start over.

2007: Playing a party of seven SC. They are right now:

Chryseis: LF/FA amazon (lvl 27)
Tangayana TS/DS assasin (lvl 20)
Kroth: Berserker (lvl 15)
Hllyn: Fury/Rabies druid (lvl 21)
Sethos: Fishymancer (lvl 24)
Crassus: Frost Zealot (lvl 19)
Xara: Blizzballer (lvl 21)

The hard ones will probably be the druid and berserker. It might change, but right now they are slow on killing speed. The amazon and blizzballer are expensive on mana. I hope to find some sol runes along the way to make insight polearms (the rest of the runes come from normal countess runs).

2006: Systematically lowering my grail to 4 left. Especially MFO's were both nice and rewarding. Finding the 2nd Sur of mine. Mating/Pating few characters, especially my Martyr who was fun to play.
Becoming a moderator of SPF.

2007 plans: complete the grail or at least complete the grail-1
Finally make a guardian.
Finally make a nekro patriarch.
Win some SPF tournament (it seems like I was close 2nd or 3rd in various tournies this year...)
Complete the 25K Tunnels project
Keep the SPF a nice place for us all.

2006: Didn't play much last year. I guess you could say I quit temporarily, since I did not play for six months. So I guess my moment would be...picking up the game again?

2007: I have a fairly large D2 project that I am working on and hope to see through to completion: the Two-Handed HC Septavirate. Seven HC, self-found, untwinked chars, one of each class. All must use only 2-handed weapons. Shields/1h weapons can be used only to prebuff/MF/etc. It's going well so far. Six of the chars have been born and all are still killing fast in NM difficulty. Only the barb has yet to be created. Right now the Assassin is most fun to play. TS + a big hurty war club + DS for groups seems to be quite effective. I'll post more about it if I get close to actually completing the goal.

If the above fails, then I would just like to have a Guardian, of any class/build. I have a few ideas just in case :smiley:

@SiTro, you said classic right? so how did it go without merc, and without ability to go to a1 for your first corpses, seems kinda hard to me :S
gratz on that one!

Actually, the difficulty of getting the first corpse was one of the most annoying things about the character. Act 1 was always simple, suddenly your golem's a superstar again. In contrast, by Act 4 your golem's a bit pants but you have no other minions without corpses. I played about with curses a lot, from memory during Act 4 sessions it was to IM a monster pack, then bless one of them with Attract. Oddly enough, through the rest of the game I avoided using Attract as I felt it drew in monsters from further afield than I was prepared to handle.

@tartanasia: As maxicek said, getting Clay Golem at level 6 and Decrepify before Duriel helps out a great deal. For Diablo add a point in Summon Resist. I'm currently playing another summoning necro through LoD, and it does impact the boss fights a lot. Basically, in Classic break off and town portal out of there if you're ever down to 1/2 skellies left. You want to have some help on your side for rebuilding the army. Also, 2/3 magi are useful if you come across something like a Stoneskin Extra Strong [nasty mod] Venom Lord etc, like I had two of in the CS. 2 cold and one poison were what I went with. The odd part was, clearing the Hell CS was probably more work than actually killing Diablo.

@maxicek: Sorry for the OT. :hide:

2006 highlights, grailers of course, had 7 last year most quite cool ones to get out the way, spirit keeper, wisp, last facet, ondals, WINDFORCE (finally) darkforge spawn and azurewrath.
Getting my holy bolt pally close to hell ancients has been great, he is an awesome pindle runner, questing wise has only been LOTS of progress no new ones finished i think, rune wise i finally got rushing properly, after hoping the game would drop a ohm for 2 years nothing, then i cranked out ohm for chaos (it rocks) ohm and vex for exile (rocks VERY hard) and just before the end of the year my first BER :)

2007: get 1.10 questing chars up to 65 to be ready for .. when i get 2 more bers and enigma will help get questing chars thru the crappy parts of hell to where they need to be for quests, help try to 99 my first char and seriously help on my grail, i think I could possibly half what I have left and have only 87s in a years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High