X-men mafia game thread

For the record I don't put Drixx at 100% town. I'd say more like 80%. No I don't want to lynch him today

Not so far in the past (Warhammer 40K) he claimed Tracker (and was) early on (around D2/D3?) but made it to endgame and mafia won a perfect game.

I think refusing to question players is scummy when town has no information and I refuse to let certain players slip by who tend to do so (Val).

I'm not feeling a pharphis lynch today. Asking for clarification/specifics from someone who claimed isn't.... big enough... for scum pharphis.

I like my current vote target. The initial outburst feels melodramatic. In other words: fake.

About 10 minutes after Drixx was first translated, Numbers asked "How long will the post restriction last?" Before Drixx had a chance to say details of the post restriction. In 132, Numbers then says Drixx was the first to bring it up the idea that Drixx was targeted for post restriction, yet asking "how long" requires that assumption.

I don't actually see a correlation between your conclusion and the facts you've presented. There is no assumption required on my part when I ask how long a post restriction will last. He could have said all game, he could have said first 24h of the day, he could have said a day, he could have said until the next time I'm targeted, etc etc etc, there are plenty of possibilities. No unique assumption is required on my part to be curious how long he'll be restricted for.

Also, I'm not really going back and checking, but I'm pretty sure the conversation prior to his translation was rife with assumptions about him being targeted with a post restriction...why is my assumption scummy, yet others who made the same assumption are not?

Good job btw. I tend to try to not distract the town with discussions about accusations leveled at me, at least at this point where there's minimal information available, but I also can't stand letting things that don't logically follow stand without any commentary, so you made me answer. :p

Isn't that backwards? I always assume mafia get fake names until evidence points otherwise.

I can't off the top of my head remember a game where mafia did get fake claims. In the 7 or 8 games where I've been scum, I'm almost certain it didn't happen.

Is it likely, or how common is it, for mafia to be supplied fake claims? I have no input on the subject... I guess I really need to search out some old Mafia QTs to read how mafia are played, to learn some tells.

So innocent.

UGH. Forgout about CDM.

No contribution, but a vote. Quickly reacts to the first person reacting to this fact, turning his vote on that person. The slip in, vote, slip out seems awkward, unless he has a powerful role, and wanted to stay in the shadows, but still participate in the voting, which says townie. If he was mafia, he would probably know he is safe from being NK'd, unless we are planning for the worst with some neutral/SK. Also, he could be neutral as well.

CDM, did you target anyone last night? Not asking for a name, nor a power.

I'm not fishing. I don't want to ask for his role flat out (that would be fishing, cause then anyone could use that claim) because he might have a VERY powerful role. So far, we have 1 basically accepted claim of Iceman/Jailkeeper. Is that a high powered role in this game, an average one, or a weak one? Nobody knows this yet, or at least, nobody has come forward with such information. I kinda figured knowing if he targeted anyone last night could help us to work out what his role might be, or at least, might not be.

BTW, I think he's town, and has a powerful role. Since there's no way for me to secretly ask him that, I have to do it publicly.

If you think he is town, why on earth would you want him to give information about his role? This IS rolefishing, no matter whether or not you say it isn't. Answers to your questions would more likely than not harm town - therefore you are either scum or a townie playing badly.

This is what I'm talking about. Am I just crazy or is he saying he SHOULD be called jailkeeper but isn't saying it? This is what I've been complaining about. Drixx if you're just being confusing because you're too wordy then please stop. This is why I asked you directly to tell us your ability name, because it is super vague.

Super vague? he has pretty much answered all questions and explained his ability in depth several times, while also claiming a high profile name. Why do you even need/want his ability name?

I still wanna lynch logout but will happily change to phar.

for that matter why do you even need to know his role? If you think he's town say so, leave it at that and look for scum.

This is what I'm talking about. Am I just crazy or is he saying he SHOULD be called jailkeeper but isn't saying it? This is what I've been complaining about. Drixx if you're just being confusing because you're too wordy then please stop. This is why I asked you directly to tell us your ability name, because it is super vague.

I think he's not even trying to hide his rolefishing. I'd be willing to vote him today.

Pot meet kettle. First post you berate someone for asking for detail about there role second post you ask for more detail from logout.

"I APOLOGIZE BPC FOR THE LENGTH OF MY MESSAGES. I SHALL ENDEAVOUR TO BE AS SUCCINCT AS POSSIBLE"

Thank you!

Your apology could have been shortened to: "Sorry, I'll be more brief." :whistling:

I laughed out loud (seriously - my wife looked at me strangely) :p

"AGREED. GOOD NIGHT ALL. Also, BPC is amazing and just the best person ever."

I bet you added that last bit on.

For the record I don't put Drixx at 100% town. I'd say more like 80%. No I don't want to lynch him today

Not so far in the past (Warhammer 40K) he claimed Tracker (and was) early on (around D2/D3?) but made it to endgame and mafia won a perfect game.

I think refusing to question players is scummy when town has no information and I refuse to let certain players slip by who tend to do so (Val).

Difference being that this time he has a name claim of what is most likely a town player and very likely to be in the game and fits pretty nicely with the character. All this with 0 Nks (so no name stealing). Either it is very ballsy mafia play or mafia have fake names of major characters. I think I am more likely to believe logout.

On Val I have a very slight town vibe on him (he appears to be posting his thoughts and providing reasoning rather than following the pack). I feel like your entire argument for wanting to vote him is just a massive OMGUS.

Pot meet kettle. First post you berate someone for asking for detail about there role second post you ask for more detail from logout.

I laughed out loud (seriously - my wife looked at me strangely) :p

I bet you added that last bit on.

Difference being that this time he has a name claim of what is most likely a town player and very likely to be in the game and fits pretty nicely with the character. All this with 0 Nks (so no name stealing). Either it is very ballsy mafia play or mafia have fake names of major characters. I think I am more likely to believe logout.

On Val I have a very slight town vibe on him (he appears to be posting his thoughts and providing reasoning rather than following the pack). I feel like your entire argument for wanting to vote him is just a massive OMGUS.
Pot meet kettle? I was asking Drixx to clarify his vague claim. Logout is asking someone who's made no claim (and 2 posts total?) to tell us who he targeted last night. There's a very clear difference

I say 80% because I have no reason to believe that iceman has to be a town player. Yes, his name claim is likely honest but both his ability and alignment could easily not be true. Like others you're suggesting that mafia have to be the "obvious" ones, which suggests you know more than a townie should about the game setup.

bolding is mine

Did you mean "Drixx" instead of "logout"?

Unvote: Pharphis

Vote: flubbucket

Seems to me like this is the first time that you've posted anything that wasn't drivel this game and it's pointing a finger at me...

Well....Batman is afraid of bats so nyah nyah nyah nyah nayh!!

I also use that finger for driving...

Pot meet kettle? I was asking Drixx to clarify his vague claim. Logout is asking someone who's made no claim (and 2 posts total?) to tell us who he targeted last night. There's a very clear difference
His claim is not vague, he gave us a full description of how his role works, how much more do you need to know? Do you want him to post his full PM so that you have it for reference?

I say 80% because I have no reason to believe that iceman has to be a town player. Yes, his name claim is likely honest but both his ability and alignment could easily not be true. Like others you're suggesting that mafia have to be the "obvious" ones, which suggests you know more than a townie should about the game setup.

bolding is mine

Did you mean "Drixx" instead of "logout"?

sorry I meant Drixx, I got a little confused because I was looking at your quote of logout at the time and BPC's quote of Drixx.

I am not saying they have to be, I am saying they most likely are. There are a number of reasons for this
1. All other lore based games have had the good guys as the good guys and the bad guys as the bad guys
2. My character is considered a good guy in the X-men universe and I am town
3. The flavor of my character hints at X-men being the good guys

You've also been pushing very hard all game to get the full details from Drixx and caused him to make a claim. He made a post at the start of the game saying he suspected that CG was either the target or the hitman. Almost every single post of yours today has been trying to get as much info from Drixx as possible almost to the point of trying to determine the exact breakdown of his PM. You've been so incredibly scummy all game, but I think you've finally convinced me to vote for you.

Vote: pharphis

His claim is not vague, he gave us a full description of how his role works, how much more do you need to know? Do you want him to post his full PM so that you have it for reference?

sorry I meant Drixx, I got a little confused because I was looking at your quote of logout at the time and BPC's quote of Drixx.

I am not saying they have to be, I am saying they most likely are. There are a number of reasons for this
1. All other lore based games have had the good guys as the good guys and the bad guys as the bad guys
2. My character is considered a good guy in the X-men universe and I am town
3. The flavor of my character hints at X-men being the good guys
I've already pointed out what was vague about his claim and what I considered to be flip-flopping. Go read my explanations. I didn't ask for any detail about his role PM aside from his ability name. Asking for this info does not benefit mafia as he's already described how his ability works.
Don't exaggerate what I asked for and don't blame me for anything/everything Drixx has said this game.
I'm not the only person who thinks Drixx has been vague/uncooperative (see BPC's posts a few hours ago and draw your own conclusions). i'm not putting words in BPC's mouth, either. Read his response to me ~3 hour ago and draw your own conlusions

Need to pop somemore popcorn, and so you get a vote count in the meantime.

BipolarChemistC(0): (pharphis), (logoutzero), (BipolarChemist)
IWantNumbers(2): Goryani, IWantNumbers
Valharous(1): pharphis
phaphis(3): coju, Valharous, BipolarChemist, (crawlingdeadman)
logoutzero(3): FredofErik, CaluinGraye, Noodle
flubbucket(1): (Zokar), crawlingdeadman
Zokar(0): (BipolarChemist)
Crawlingdeadman (1): BadAsh

I'm glad you are keeping up with this because I for sure am not. P.S. No I don't have an updated vote count. I'll think about it soon though, haha.

Mafia only have perfect games when I'm mafia, I'm obviously the key playa. :p

Well, I have to go write a final exam and since it looks like I'm going to be lynched as usual I'm going to claim.

I'm Magneto
mutant power: metal control
role: power cop
Additionally my helmet provides some protection (?). Mods wouldn't elaborate on what that meant but I presume it applies to specific night actions. Maybe metal-related things.

I hope this explains why I've been looking at people funny for making assumptions based on character name before any real information is available to us. At least one person today said that Magneto is evil for most but not all of the series, but it looks as though we're either in a specific timeline where Magneto is not evil OR alignments are randomized for each role. (I forget who else suggested this - possibly town)

Last night I investigated Jcakes and will encode his role. No time to find an easier encoder to use, but if you put in the first half of your power ("mutant" if your power is called "mutantpower")
The difficulty lies in that I can't use repeating letters in the encoding key, so you can also just go until you hit a repeat letter if that makes more sense to you.

encoded message "Vasuek"
http://encode.creativitygames.net/

Jcakes can vouch for my ability if he likes but I figured I'd get it out there before lynch. if he refuses to decode it later in the game if I'm dead then he's playing stupid and is probably scum.

Unvote: Valerie
Vote: Forgoutzero

Mafia only have perfect games when I'm mafia, I'm obviously the key playa. :p

You heard it here folks, Pyro should always be lynched as early as possible.

Votes!

BipolarChemistC(0): (pharphis), (logoutzero), (BipolarChemist)
IWantNumbers(2): Goryani, IWantNumbers
Valharous(0): (pharphis)
phaphis(4): coju, Valharous, BipolarChemist, (crawlingdeadman), Jcakes
logoutzero(4): FredofErik, CaluinGraye, Noodle, pharphis
flubbucket(1): (Zokar), crawlingdeadman
Zokar(0): (BipolarChemist)
Crawlingdeadman (1): BadAsh

Well, I have to go write a final exam and since it looks like I'm going to be lynched as usual I'm going to claim.

I'm Magneto
mutant power: metal control
role: power cop
Additionally my helmet provides some protection (?). Mods wouldn't elaborate on what that meant but I presume it applies to specific night actions. Maybe metal-related things.

I hope this explains why I've been looking at people funny for making assumptions based on character name before any real information is available to us. At least one person today said that Magneto is evil for most but not all of the series, but it looks as though we're either in a specific timeline where Magneto is not evil OR alignments are randomized for each role. (I forget who else suggested this - possibly town)

Last night I investigated Jcakes and will encode his role. No time to find an easier encoder to use, but if you put in the first half of your power ("mutant" if your power is called "mutantpower")
The difficulty lies in that I can't use repeating letters in the encoding key, so you can also just go until you hit a repeat letter if that makes more sense to you.

encoded message "Vasuek"
http://encode.creativitygames.net/

Jcakes can vouch for my ability if he likes but I figured I'd get it out there before lynch. if he refuses to decode it later in the game if I'm dead then he's playing stupid and is probably scum.

Unvote: Valerie
Vote: Forgoutzero

Went through a number of roles before I landed on what I think he's talking about. The encoded message is JCakes name, so I'm guessing I got the power right.
I'll wait to see what JCakes wants to do though.

Wow, I got caught up!

I am currently inclined to take Drixx at his word, for the sole reason that he is behaving consistently with the last game and that's about all I have to go on. For the same reason, I believe Logout and will not vote for him, although I strongly suggest that he be nice to Moar. BPC has either patience beyond anything I can imagine or is in cahoots with Drixx or is putting words in Drixx's mouth. However, since Val and Zokar were also translating the same things, I think BPC is the sweetest honey lamb ever and I will take him home and feed him cake.

Pharphis is going after Drixx hard and making quite a few blatant claims. Since I have lost my mafia innocence and am aware that there is lying in the world, I find it odd that he would lay all his cards out on the table like that. Especially since he has claimed the number one good guy in the X men universe who we cannot imagine being mafia. Therefore....

Vote: Pharphis

Pharphis is going after Drixx hard and making quite a few blatant claims. Since I have lost my mafia innocence and am aware that there is lying in the world, I find it odd that he would lay all his cards out on the table like that. Especially since he has claimed the number one good guy in the X men universe who we cannot imagine being mafia. Therefore....

Vote: Pharphis

Your use of pronouns makes your reasoning hard to parse, it sounded for a moment you were going to vote drixx...

We have an obviously town character claimed and an obviously scum character claimed...at this point I don't believe either are scum. I think this mmhmm crap just got two townies smacking each other...

Your use of pronouns makes your reasoning hard to parse, it sounded for a moment you were going to vote drixx...

We have an obviously town character claimed and an obviously scum character claimed...at this point I don't believe either are scum. I think this mmhmm crap just got two townies smacking each other...

Sorry, Zokar, I wrote sloppily there. I am pretty convinced that Drixx is innocent and Phar is scum. I don't know about anyone else, at the moment. And in case anyone wonders why I'm just popping up now, this is the first chance I have had to catch up and think about the game.

Sorry, Zokar, I wrote sloppily there. I am pretty convinced that Drixx is innocent and Phar is scum. I don't know about anyone else, at the moment. And in case anyone wonders why I'm just popping up now, this is the first chance I have had to catch up and think about the game.

So, the most obviously bad guy claims right after the most obviously good guy and you take it at face value after acknowledging this is a game of lies? o_O

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High