Why Ban People Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why Ban People Now?

Well I already knew why we have Remembrance Day on the 11th, just didn't know what Armistice Day is. I see now that they are one and the same.

i wasn't aware that mods hereabouts were to be addressed as "Oh Grand High Exhalted One Without Whom We Are As Nought" along with a genuflect and general bowing and scraping.

if you're going to pull people up about their knowledge of history, it's probably a good idea to make sure you get your own facts straight.

Forgetting to mention the fact that November 11 is Armistice Day is akin to forgetting that July 4 is American independence day, December 25 is Christmas and April 25 is ANZAC Day so far as i'm concerned.

i feel my post was perfectly fair and reasonable.

I'll point out that I agree with Thyaid when he states that comparing blizzards banwave to Sept. 11 is dumb and plain out of order.

Your posting was rude, it had a polemic and lecturing element. It won't become fair and reasonable just because you wrote it in reply to something which you might consider as rude as well. Whatever, unlike you, I had the guts to apologize on my own behalf for just addressing you with respect to that (see posting #32). I will assume that you haven't overlooked it.

BTW, Thyiad is a she.

quite honestly: carefactor = zero.

there's more than one mod around here i don't think is worth their salt.
Forum Rules said:
9. Thou Shalt Accept the Admin's Decisions.
We [DiabloII.Net and its mods/admins] reserve the right to ban [temporarily or permanently] or place on Probation [limit privileges] any member of DiabloII.Net without warning. We reserve the right to edit, move or remove any post made on DiabloII.Net without warning or explanation. We reserve the right to edit any portion of a member profile without warning. You will accept all this gladly and with open arms because we do it with love.

10. Thou Shalt Not Mention "Freedom of Speech."
Or we'll vomit. All over your Treads of Cthon, we promise you. This is a private forum, and you are our invited guests. The administrators have a tough job, trying to keep the forums clean and presentable while not willingly stifling open discussion. If a thread or post is locked or deleted, that was the necessary step to take in the judgment of the administrator. Please don't bandy irrelevant constitutional law and hope to plea the case for less "censorship." Don't start a vote, don't throw food, don't throw a hissy fit, don't light up torches and mob our central office. We don't censor, we exercise judgment and quality control on something in which we invest a lot of time and effort. We only accept posts written in English.
That includes that you better don't insult the mods and don't complain about them in public.

It wasn't rude, it was just stating the obvious. Honestly, I thought mods were supposed to be mature about this sort of thing. :\

It wasn't rude, it was just stating the obvious. Honestly, I thought mods were supposed to be mature about this sort of thing. :\
Come on, I'm not an idiot. A statement which says "You have to learn that..." is meant as a lecture and you phrased it like that because Thyiad did it as well, to make a rhetorical point. Don't lecture others, it's rude. You can say the same about Thyiad, but she can speak for herself, so I won't comment on her posting

I repeat it once again: Better don't insult the mods and don't complain about them in public. Even if you think that you are right.

What are you talking about? On one hand you're saying lecturing is rude, don't do it. On the other, you're lecturing us about something when we are right. That's rude. I still don't understand why you can't comment on Thyiad's behalf but it was hell easy to insult mephisto for making a post in the same tone as hers, only more intelligent.

So what can we conclude from that? It's alright for you to insult anyone you like, but we can't so much as complain when moderators are being rude, immature and ignorant.

1. I apologized.

2. I commented on Thyiad's behaviour in my apology.

3. I reported this to Gorny and Orphan, but as you are continuing to ignore the forum rules which say that you are to accept the mods' decisions and that you are not supposed to criticize them in public (and it's me and not you who is going to interpret the rules), I will act here myself if necessary.

It's the mods who will have the final word here, not you, and this is my final word about it. This has evolved from a harmless debate about who is going to insult whom into something far more serious, a refusal to accept the decision of a mod, and I strongly suggest to stop right now.

To everybody but the mods: Stay out of this. Thanks for your understanding.

Okay. It's just that the mod title doesn't necessarily mean you are right. But I will accept it, if it makes you happy. :)

Okay. It's just that the mod title doesn't necessarily mean you are right. But I will accept it, if it makes you happy. :)

That's a 3 day ban for refusing to accept the "final word" part of my decision.

To everybody but the mods: Stay out of this. Thanks for your understanding.

This has gone far enough, and to be honest, I should have put a stop to it not long after the thread was started.

11/11/2008 Blizzard banned 350,000 accounts for cheating. That's all that is concerned in this forum,

Why?

It's a forum dedicated to discussion for and about Diablo2 The game, and it's expansion. This forum is not about history nor is it about the September 11th attacks, nor is it about Armistice Day, nor is it about 10 November, nor is it about the 4th of July or even Christmas for that matter.

That's the way it stands regardless of who might feel differently about the decision or what someone's opinion of another moderator is.

The historical significance of any day in history may be important to some or all of us but it is not on topic to this forum, and as such it does not belong here. It belongs in the OTF, as was stated in PM responses by myself and Orphan.

The posts that went on in this thread were all uncalled for and are definately worth bans.

this thread is closed and the discussion is over pending possible temp and or permanent bans.

Gorny closed the thread, but I think this is the proper place to announce that a 3 day ban was a bit harsh, so I lifted it a bit earlier. One day is enough for that IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High