D2 What class will you play first?

On the day the expansion launched I made an avenger (Vengeance + Conviction) and I am going to do that again. It has quite a lot going for it:

There will be so many sorceresses that conviction will be a huge damage boost to any party. It's nice for physical attackers, too.

With holy shield, a perfect diamond'ed shield, and resist auras it's pretty tanky, which will again come in handy with all the frail casters around.

It doesn't have to worry about immunities in hell.

If gloam's damage isn't fixed a level 20 resist lightning aura should help a lot.

It's pretty weapon agnostic, just a fast one-handed weapon.

Anyone starting off in hardcore mode?

I plan to play a Fishyzon because it's a character I've not played in a long time and I know I'll enjoy it.

I might level using exploding arrow before a respec, love the fire visuals in D2R.

I'll probably start off on b.net multiplayer while everything is new, then get back to my favoured single player untwinked hardcore runs as usual.

Really hope they fix some skills like fend/inferno so I can try some new builds.
Hardcore is the only way to play. ;)

Yes this is what I'm wondering re playing hardcore. Is there a real danger of PKs or will a modern battle.net remove that?

I know it's always possible to take a dangerous TP and get swarmed by monsters but I'm hoping there are no hacks/glitches that can be used to kill other players unfairly.

I'd love an option in game creation to tick a box to say it's impossible to hostile each other just for that game.

Because I agree, hardcore is the only way to play. I haven't played softcore D2 for maybe a decade.

Druid, always druid, never play anything but druid, druid forever.

Certainly something which will allow for more appreciation of the new graphics overlay. Sorceress seems obvious given the graphical nature of her spells. However, I'm leaning towards FoH or a Werebear.

Hmm, so the only one not mentioned so far that I can see is the paladin. I suppose the whole holy knight in plate armor thing is a little bland compared to raising the dead or throwing fireballs, so he doesn't really have that "first character" appeal.

Merick is making a Avenger
Haven't decided. Starting a hammerdin right now to see if that'd work untwinked. May do fishymancer.
If BNet, perhaps a MojoMancer (cursingcurses/ce).

Ah, silly me. Didn't notice that one. I guess they're all covered then. :cool:

Reactions: coju
I think I'll stick to softcore still. Would like to make my first trapsin. I've played every class and builds numerous times, except for Assassin. I always got foggy eyed trying learn about FCR/IAS differences for traps and just lost interest. Might as well force myself with D2R to finally learn how to play a trapper.

As when I was child and like as in all Blizzard games - Paladin :)
I think his lore is best, looks like knight and great skills and items
My first complete of Diablo 2 was with that class
Since people want to be nice to each other, I am going to help them. Diablo 2 resurrected is just AWESOME!
You can buy cheap items for Diablo 2 resurrecte here https://odealo.com/games/diablo-2/items d2r items for sale!

Last edited:
Changing my thought process. I think I'm going to make a sorc with 1 in every skill to just admire the graphic changes, then respec in NM to get something moving. Might start a completely fresh install in regards to old characters to get that feeling of a complete restart.

Reactions: coju
First would be a hardcore MeterOrb Sorc to Guardian. Next would be a Summoner. Once I find a nice weapon for Barb, then it's barbarian!!

Going back 15 years to my roots in The Amazon Basin

start with a Jedizon (Lightsabre/Rhyme)
aspire to a proper Swordmaiden (2H Sword tbd)
capstone will be a Meleemancer (2H Lawbringer)

wonder if they still have HC locked until you finish a SC game . . . .

edit: passive build Swordmaiden w/Strength giant sword (for Beta weekend)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-17 161144.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-17 161144.png
    183.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: Kartongen and Rush
I will be playing both the Paladin (Avenger!) and an Amazon (Bowazon!)

One will be on Switch, the other on PC. As hyped as I am for it in general, and as good as the beta felt/looked, I am still more excited about having portable Diablo 2 than I am about pretty much any other feature.... except perhaps the refresh Gamble screen button. That is #1.

Reactions: Dook23
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High