D2 What class will you play first?

Glurin

Jan 6, 2021
Barbarian all the way. Traditional pick for me, but his skill set is good for soloing Hell untwinked, if not as easy as the Necro.

I'm honestly kind of torn between necro and assassin myself. Necro has always been my favorite, but assassin runs a close second.

I might not shy away from using Assassin with the Tiger Strike - Dragon Flight build. It is the fastest boss killing build in the game and since it works on a teleport it is a pretty safe boss killer to farm stuff with.

It's definitely not going to be Sorc agaiiiin. Maybe necromancer. Summon necromancer with corpse explosion is really fun. You can realistically use revives and skeletons with it. Usually teleport staffing into stuff is an instant kill.

Any druids or paladins out there?

If Fend bug is fixed, a Fendazon.

If not, probably assassin (bladefury) or barbarian.

Yep, the low damage is all magic. I've always been curious about trying teeth out.

What a terrible article. Reams of copy & paste lore with a few comments at the end. Just advertising bait.

My first play through will be to enjoy the new graphics. Almost certainly an assassin, probably kick/trap hybrid.

Blizzball Sorc. Someone has to farm all the tradable goodies to fund future characters.

Reactions: Krueger-HC
What a terrible article. Reams of copy & paste lore with a few comments at the end. Just advertising bait.
Well, yeah, but what did you expect? Good enough for people who never played the game before or haven't for a really long time though. ;)

Still, it's just kind of interesting to see what people are thinking of going for as their first character in D2R. Old favorites or something they never tried before or that they haven't used in a long time or something specifically for farming stuff right off the bat.

Since this is a visual upgrade for the most part, I'll go with a toon that has a lot of flash or just plain busy stuff around it, a necro sorc, or windy for example. Odds are it will be a summoner named yogirat :cool: just like almost 21 years ago . o_O

Anyone starting off in hardcore mode?

I plan to play a Fishyzon because it's a character I've not played in a long time and I know I'll enjoy it.

I might level using exploding arrow before a respec, love the fire visuals in D2R.

I'll probably start off on b.net multiplayer while everything is new, then get back to my favoured single player untwinked hardcore runs as usual.

Really hope they fix some skills like fend/inferno so I can try some new builds.

I probably won't start out in hardcore, but I do plan on having some hardcore characters after a while.

Reactions: ABGITA5
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High