• Keep leveling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Farm

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Evoken

Jun 1, 2020
Greetings!

My intention is to get my first sp char to 99, untwinked. This barbarian is currently level 91 and running Pindleskin or Vizier for xp. Not sure if he starts glitch farming Chaos for the runes and base for BotD, or just keep leveling and see what happens.

Pindle already dropped a Sur (got Ber too, so almost 1/4 of a Zod), but according to my experience I could probably spend a long time leveling and not find the runes, something which could be counterproductive since ww is lacking damage for p8.

Gear
Helm: Guillaume's Face
Amulet: Highlord's Wrath
Rings: Ravenfrost and Rare ar/ll/res
Armor: Enigma
Weapon: IK Maul/2xHotO
Gloves: Ghoulhide
Belt: String of Ears
Boots: War Traveler

Merc
Helm: Tal Rasha's
Weapon: Reaper's Toll
Armor: Treachery

The process since level 1 is in this playlist.

Reactions: Ancient Of Mu Mu
Welcome!

Cheers to your challenge for 99 with a melee char - extra painful imo!

Funny enough, my first zod came from vizier or one of his minions...but unless you are doing some kind of theme build, why do you want botd over grief?

As for your question, what are your own pros and cons for both options?

Reactions: Evoken
Welcome to the SPF.

Personally I would be running The Council /players3 at this point until at least 94.

@ziambe If you look at the videos it is Vanilla, no muling.

I voted for farming. No way you should be stuck using IK Maul while you have an enigma, merc gets a reapers to use!

Welcome to the SPF.
Thanks!
Personally I would be running The Council /players3 at this point until at least 94.
That's a solid stategy, higher rune odds and some xp. Still what concerns me is that The Council doesn't drop bases, so I think I'm probably going to stick to Chaos at least until I find a good base. But if I find one before the runes I'll certainly run trav.
Thanks!
Cheers to your challenge for 99 with a melee char - extra painful imo!

Funny enough, my first zod came from vizier or one of his minions...but unless you are doing some kind of theme build, why do you want botd over grief?
What maxicek said. No ladder runewords this time.
As for your question, what are your own pros and cons for both options?
Keep leveling:
pros
- more experience = faster leveling in the short-term
cons
- slower runs and less monters killed per minute = worse odds of rune drops

Farm:
pros

- faster runs and much more monters killed per minute = better odds of rune drops
cons
- less experience = slower leveling in the short-term
I voted for farming. No way you should be stuck using IK Maul while you have an enigma, merc gets a reapers to use!
Yea, IK Maul has served me very well so far, but in /p8 games it lacks damage. However, it is one of the best options (if not the best) for untwinked, with single player only runewords, before BotD.

I was very glad when I found one.

Looking at the big picture farming now does seem like the best option. Thanks for the input so far everyone!

Reactions: Swamigoon
Hi :) I'd like to invite you to the UT99 challenge thread here
There you can find links to posts about many Barbarians that made their way to 99 in case you are looking for any advise.

Hope you have lots of fun with this project! Good luck!

Ran a good amount of Chaos after the last post, but then the number of mana pots used every run seemed to make things less efficient than they should. So I decided to run The Pit in /p3 for a while. To my amazement I got a base there decently quickly. Which I cubed and even gem-locked it to avoid any stupid mistakes.

qctxqSs.png

Now running /p3 Travincal for the runes with good results so far.

Even then I'm a quite unsure if I should give a try to /p1 runs for a while. I wouldn't say /p1 runs take me half the time of /p3, it's probably something like:

/p1 = 35-45 seconds on average
/p3 = 55-65 seconds on average

Hi :) I'd like to invite you to the UT99 challenge thread here
There you can find links to posts about many Barbarians that made their way to 99 in case you are looking for any advise.

Hope you have lots of fun with this project! Good luck!
Thanks, you too!

IK maul is also incredibly easy to farm. In fact, Travincal itself has a tendency to spit the bloody things out :p

That's for sure!

Edit: Also, not a Raven Frost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Animage
I dont think I've ever heard of someone vendoring a self found SoJ. That takes real guts.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High