Tyrael's Mighty Breakdown - Item Find Thread September 2015

The spoils of 1400 LK runs. Hype train, etc.

Burning Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0x83c861c9
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)
+31 to Life

Graverobber's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0x2b8c8c1c
Item Level: 80
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)
+31 to Life

Mal Rune
Required Level: 49
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Pul Rune
Required Level: 45
Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Well I posted this in the Untwinked 99 thread already, but for those who haven't seen it, my untwinked 99-er to be just popped this little beauty in the CS:

cRRv6v1.jpg

This marks the second Zod of my career! @Gripphon clearly timed the Zodthon horribly, as my first Zod dropped just barely before it ran and now this one not long after it completed. I still have yet to see a Cham however, so maybe the announcement of a Chamthon would help that? ;)

As with the first one, I have no idea what to do with it really. BotD is enticing, mostly for the novelty and for fulfilling the dream from when I first started playing, as from what I understand it gets overshadowed by Grief in most (all?) situations. Maybe some stylish build for a potential future 99-er or something? 2H Zealot? Conc barb with off-hand Beast?

I don't have an eth Tomby or a perfect eth Ribcracker or anything of the like, and since I only play self-found I don't want to bank on that. There is always the option of putting some pressure on pharphis and Grape as a potential new Zod God, but I'd still be a Zod behind and I'm not sure I'm ready to take that plunge just yet. :p

I don't know. Thoughts?

Thoughts?
Well you've pretty much encapsulated why I say Zod is the most useless rune in the game, so ... congrats on that, I guess.

Seriously bad luck to find two of those useless stones and no Chams (an actual useful rune,) though, so commiserations on that.

I agree with @maareek : I'd rather find 2 Chams than 1 Zod, since that one is pretty useless. Nevertheless, just like you (and most people probably) I would love to find a Zod one day, just for the novelty of it. But yeah, other than that I'm happy I found that Cham in the CS the other day, and not a Zod ...

As with the first one, I have no idea what to do with it really. BotD is enticing, mostly for the novelty and for fulfilling the dream from when I first started playing, as from what I understand it gets overshadowed by Grief in most (all?) situations. Maybe some stylish build for a potential future 99-er or something? 2H Zealot? Conc barb with off-hand Beast?

I don't have an eth Tomby or a perfect eth Ribcracker or anything of the like, and since I only play self-found I don't want to bank on that. There is always the option of putting some pressure on pharphis and Grape as a potential new Zod God, but I'd still be a Zod behind and I'm not sure I'm ready to take that plunge just yet. :p

I don't know. Thoughts?

You just gave the answer yourself. Not many people who get that chance, so grab it :cool:

Zod is here to atma-bug some potential weapon that cannot be bugged with Death or whatever runeword. I'm awaiting opportunity to bug claws for assassin and also some LLD axe like that. Who knows when will that happen though.
Other than that, lolZod. Congratz still for finding rarest item in the game! (actually Tyrael's is rarer, but it seems to me people tend to find more Tyrael's than Zods)

Regarding the question which is more rare, it's a matter of whose drops you are comparing. Baal is better at dropping Tyrael's, but certain other monsters might not. In particular, a lot of regular monsters can drop Zod, but none of them but certain boss minions can drop Tyrael's at all.

In spite of what some others might say, I think that BotD is a rather useful runeword. It's probably better than any zoded unique weapon meant for melee, except for some niche purposes. I think I would put it into a two-hander (else Grief outperforms it on too many occasions), like an eth GPA.

Last edited:
Still like my eBoTD Colossus Blade. I have made more interesting builds with that than anything else PvM.

eBoTD Archon Staff ftw.

Usual consensus here is that Baal is bad for drops in comparison to alvl85 bosspacks per time invested. So, usually comparison is about alvl85 bosspacks from mostly AT and Pit since those are the targets people run for rare items, while Baal is mostly about xp.

Oh ya, I also found a 45 war travs to replace my 42%...

I guess that's my worst gear slot on my FoHer lol

edit: which moved me up an MF breakpoint. Getting 49% or a level up (enigma) + 48% would give me another breakpoint...

@Pb_pal, a big two-hander EBotD would be my vote, unless I had some really specific eth item that needed a Zod. Sure, it may get outperformed by some other weapons, but so do eth Tomby and eth Ribcrackers in most situations. I think the EBotD works pretty well for some fun builds. And like you say, waiting for some perfect eth item to drop might take a while--such an item might be almost as rare as a Zod, or rarer?

That would be something like the Spear of the Gods. 1.07 ethereal 298% Cruel War Pike of Quickness. Zodbug it and fill with 40/15 jewels and runes to your liking for like 1500maxdmg and last WWBP.

Code:
Lightsabre
Phase Blade
One Hand Damage: 103 - 135
Indestructible
Required Level: 58
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0xace1699a
Item Level: 88
5% Chance to cast level 18 Chain Lightning on attack
+20% Increased Attack Speed
200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 10 - 30 Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 60 - 120 Magic Damage
Adds 1 - 200 Lightning Damage
7% Mana stolen per hit
Lightning Absorb 25%
+7 to Light Radius

This is my 20th unique phase blade

Last edited:
I hate you.

Also, I thought I had more like.. 15 of those damn things. So disappointing.

That would be something like the Spear of the Gods. 1.07 ethereal 298% Cruel War Pike of Quickness. Zodbug it and fill with 40/15 jewels and runes to your liking for like 1500maxdmg and last WWBP.
So disappointing that we never got to see that thing forwarded and sockets filled...
Any chance someone can track down WoRG, knock on his door, and salvage that old hard drive?

Totally not worth posting but totally worth for phar.

Code:
Azurewrath
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: 110 to 124
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 85
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x74e8c4be
+7 to Strength
+7 to Energy
+7 to Dexterity
+7 to Vitality
+256% Enhanced Damage
Adds 250-500 magic damage
Adds 250-500 cold damage over 10 seconds
+3 to Light Radius
30% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to All Skill Levels
Level 10 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped

Mang Song's Lesson
Archon Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 83 to 99
Durability: 25 of 26
Required Strength: 34
Required Level: 82
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x50ff5f91
Regenerate Mana 10%
30% Faster Cast Rate
150% Damage to Undead
+5 to All Skill Levels
-9% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-11% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-11% to Enemy Cold Resistance

Tomb Reaver
Cryptic Axe
Two-Hand Damage: 164 to 753
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 93
Required Strength: 155
Required Level: 84
Polearm Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xea7f636e
+235% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +46
79% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+14 Life after each Kill
+4 to Light Radius
60% Increased Attack Speed
153% Damage to Undead
+322 to Attack Rating against Undead
10% Reanimate As: Returned
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 0 used)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High