Tyrael's Mighty Breakdown - Item Find Thread September 2015

Maybe I was a little harsh on that CTA. It is usable for sure, but I still hate seeing minimum rolls on something. Of course I can't share my happiness with my Wife about the Zod, because she doesn't have a clue and she'll ask me if I will use it with my Elvish Double Bladed Battle Axe!!!

To be honest I've never even considered having the chance to make a BotD. I have a few nice Ethereal bases, but getting 6 sockets will be the problem. It's just weird man...all these years playing this game, and they all just flash when something like that drops. Well, at least it did for me.

Why does ** get censored then, while Heil Hitler does not? Is it OK to be a nazi, just not a closet nazi?
I asked the question in the mod forum because I had no idea why eighty eight was censored.

Censoring is a hit or miss affair. I remember the perfectly acceptable thread on gay marriage looking like a frag fest because some clowns used gay as a slur and so it got censored. The full HH could be perfectly acceptable in a discussion about the Third Reich; not as a confirmation of the ethos.

The SPF isn't the whole forum and I'm pretty sure no other sub really has any reason to go around posting eighty eight. If it upsets members that much, I can ask for it to be removed from the censor list. :)

Would be cool if it can be removed at least for this sub-forum since here we frequently have that number, even on a scoring list of tournaments, not only item readouts. Someone finishing his guardian on level 8_8 and can't post that without being censored etc...

I bet it has something to do with Gellert Grindelwald (just saw "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them" and simply loved it).

#EDIT: Oh my god - just saw my join date and realized that I've been stuck here for more than a decade.

Yes it can be upgraded. Depends on what you consider "good", it's definitely useful for other chars, but probably apart from Fury Druid I don't think it's actually better than uniqes for any other build.
Seriously I never knew that... In my 17 years of playing this game I only thought it was possible to upgrade unique items.. Jesus Christ that changes a lot of things!!

Prefix 840 Small Charm of Maiming
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 43
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x4fcb8184
+3 to Minimum Damage
+5 to Maximum Damage

FUOD0fm

First ever Giant Skull, so close to perfect!

Edit: God damn I'm bad at posting pics... lol
foFPe

foFPe

I can do you one better, pharphis ;)

Prefix 840 Small Charm of Maiming
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 43
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x2e68db4a
+3 to Minimum Damage
+6 to Maximum Damage

Oh, my first 1.07 cow item, dropped by a random cow

Cow King's Horns
War Hat
Defense: 127
Durability: 6 of 12
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 25
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x79afa86c
+75 Defense
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
35% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
Half Freeze Duration.

Haha, sorry to have derailed the IFT with that question, and apologies for continuing - there's no where else to keep this info together and share information yet. It was entirely curiousity, not annoyed or upset by it. When I first saw it, it just seemed like someone was trying to "hide" the item levels for "whatever" reasons, until it was obvious there were lots of them, and then it was a curiousity of what/why it was censored.

Helvete (and others have good thoughts on it: 8_8 is censored, but "Hail Hitler," or even "HH" is not. We don't want people hiding secret messages in their posts, but there are so many 2 and 3-letter acronyms that could be used for so many secret groups. Do we censoring them all as we catch them, even if it has a normal meaning? How many do we keep censoring?

I also remember when 'gay' became overly prevalent, in real life and the forums, as a way of describing something negative. I can understand why to censor it in that case (as was done,) but it could also make it difficult for a community thread to actually discuss the topic as @Thyiad mentioned.

In this case, as Gripphon said, even though the SPF is so much smaller nowadays and not hosting new tourneys every week, we do use 88 quite a bit. Item levels from GoMule readouts, tournaments, Mat/Pat/Guard threads, possible flavie dumps for trades. It just looks a bit odd in IFT, and a little less inspiring if there are forced censored numbers in Mat/Pat/Guard threads.

Tags: 88 @Thyiad

Volcanic Clasped Orb
One-Hand Damage: 5 to 12
Durability: 76 of 80
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 45
Orb Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x9521298c
+14 to Life
+3 to Hydra (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Fire Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)

Since LK is about opening chests while ignoring the monsters, /p7 is best in my opinion. It's pretty easy for a cold sorc. The merc keeps the monsters busy.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High