Thiiis is MFO!! (signups and progress)

I have no qualifiers in alvl 85, and I put another 850 runs into AT w/o a new score, so kimppi and frozzzen have nothing to worry about. Hoping I didn't lose 3rd place :)

I'll send readouts tomorrow if I can (no internet at home)

Have received updates either marked "final" or past likely closing time from: zgpmf, Moar, mr teach, nulio, scrcrw, BaronScarpia, omg, zaphodbrx

Have not heard from queenEm since...Tuesday or so? unless my ravenous inbox has devoured something since. Inbox has received no feedings at all from Jason, zemaj or Fabian.

Also...I know who won Pindle (barring any last-minute heroics from one of the five people in the previous paragraph.) While of course congratulations to that person (wait for it...), he was definitely kind to some others too. Right off the top of my head, someone got two...loljkwaitforit

Last edited:
Final results sent...wow, its been a wild week...80+ hours here, but my guy is slow...none of this fancy teleporting, AoE stuff for him :p
Baal teased me sadisticly the whole time, dropping lots of *almost* items...but he also came through with the goods in a major way, I just had to beat it out of him!

My wrist hurts...alot...

Experience was good, no deaths or even real NDEs to speak of...98.66 or thereabouts now...

Thanks a lot to zgpmf for organizing and running this, its been a blast...

My favorite non-qualifier, from Baal: (BTW, is there any 'best non-qualifier' competition for MFOs?)
Code:
Brimstone Fist
Runic Talons
One-Hand Damage: 24 to 57
Durability: 161 of 207
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 115
Required Strength: 115
Required Level: 60
Claw Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xe1d15745
+123 to Attack Rating
+13 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-6 lightning damage
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
40% Increased Attack Speed
+3 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)
+2 to Death Sentry (Assassin Only)
+2 to Venom (Assassin Only)
+0 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+16 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
I almost didn't pick these up, but not a damn thing else had dropped that run, so I grabbed them and checked them...glad I did :Laugh2:

WoRG

That is indeed an incredible pair of claws. :wine: Since my score for AT is so low I'm fairly sure I have some points left over that I can give you. At least that's how I think it works.

And on the running side, just about to send my final update. After being all gung-ho and pants-wettingly excited and other phrases I only ended up being able to run 4 out of 10 days and am unlikely to win, but I found something I've never seen before (low-scoring though it may be :unimpressed: ) and actually got the itch to play some Diablo again.

So thanks for hosting it zgpmf, and to all the awesome (, tough, cool, sexy) area supervisors!

I played other games all week. orz

You at least had time to play other games, I wanted to play D2, but first MFO week-end I did like 10 pits and in first run I just dropped my best item in all week, from monday to early thursday I really wanted to run during evenings or even during days, but I was drunk and not only on evenings but also during a day at work and I also needed to work (at least my boss said that, I do not thing the same)
then I went to my family on week-end with my GF, I played in train for a while but my GF was angry with me, then I played yesterday when I waited in front of shop to her, but there was too much light and I did not saw for sure if I found some item or not, then like 5-10 minutes on evening during her dinner or some spare minutes on day
I will sent my final score during one hour, I do not hope in victory but it was fun to play MFO again
good luck to everyone who is really hunting a MFO victory and I hope in winter MFO 2013 I will be competitive again because I had fun during that 20 minutes of pits :)

and worg: that claws are really treasure, I would like to have item like that on my PvP wwsin I would give everything for that :p

Last edited:
Have sent final result to Anaestasia. I expect to end up in last place but like in RL Olympics; someone has to lose for someone else to win. I will take that last place for you guys.

I also found some stuff that I didn't have before and that's always nice. Almost halfway to 91 and that is also nice. But MEIN GOT is Pindle a boring dude?????

EDIT: As far as the main topic, I'm missing updates from Malicious and Paradigmshift. I can contact PD, but Malicious I'm not entirely sure about.

------------------------------

Ran some LK for a bit just to wind down after long crappy MFO. 79 runs (30 minutes) later got these... inb4ban.

1, 2, 3, 4

Code:
Ohm Rune 
Required Level: 57 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist 

Sur Rune 
Required Level: 61 
Weapons: Hit Blinds Target +1 Armor: Increase Maximum Mana 5% Shields: +50 to Mana 

Sur Rune 
Required Level: 61 
Weapons: Hit Blinds Target +1 Armor: Increase Maximum Mana 5% Shields: +50 to Mana 

Ber Rune 
Required Level: 63 
Weapons: 20% Chance of Crushing Blow Armor: Damage Reduced by 8% Shields: Damage Reduced by 8%

Results sent, 1076 runs in 16h18min, average 54s. Didn't run in the last 3 days because of D3 and one other reason. Best non-qualifiers Lem Mal 2xVex and perfect Cold Facet.

Last edited:
Sent results. No improvement for loads of time didn't help my motivation.

Cham Vex Lo Gul Gul.
Sparkling of Balance, 5/5 cold facet.

I'll be at work for few more hours. Once I get home I will send final update. Glad to participate again in another mfo. Still shocked at the lack of drops on my part. More to come in about 8 hours.

Okay, some stats: I picked up almost all gems/runes/sets/uniques.

1900 runs, 70 seconds per run.
92 qualifiers
~450 flawless gems (traded some to Solar halfway through)
310+ runes: Zod, Lo, Vex, Vex, Um, Um (one from chest)
3 facets.
666 S/Us total, and when counting those left on the ground probably ~700
Most frequent S/U: Milabrega's Orb 10x (I'm not picking this up ever again)

Best non-qualifier: BK wedding band (3%), wizzy and shako from the chest.

Also, I think I'm going to start keeping track of perfect grail. . .

Also, 2 MoDs aha

Also...I know who won Pindle (barring any last-minute heroics from one of the five people in the previous paragraph.) While of course congratulations to that person (wait for it...), he was definitely kind to some others too. Right off the top of my head, someone got two...loljkwaitforit

I was under impression that the top2-3 people (don't remember now) seem to have found at least one loljkwaitforit on the first update.

@WoRG - very nice claws! Btw, my highest rune on pindle was a fal... Should've taken the gamble offer!

@Pharpis - nice runes!

I found around 80 pgems on pindle (I had to pick something...).

Final results sent....Definately not going to win, and didn't think I would. I just don't have the serious amount of time needed to put into this to get big results. # of runs is unknown, I don't count. Also spent considerably more time on my barb in the pits just because it was more enjoyable and I seemed to be getting better results.

Best runes: Mal (from some trash in the tunnels), couple Io's, Pul.

Other 85 Areas: 20 qualifiers
Run settings: P5
Build: Beserk Barb (Max block - but not with the mf gear setup, no teleport)
Starting Level: 85
Ending Level: 89 1/2
MF: 321
Hork Switch: 540
Run time: 5-10 minutes depending on how many trash mobs I skipped or didn't skip and how many socketables I picked up.

Ancient Tunnels: 6 qualifiers
Run settings: Varied between p7/p5/p3/p1, settled on p3
Build: Blizzard Sorc (Max block)
Starting Level: End of 89
Ending Level: Beginning of 91
MF: 350
Kill Switch: 505 (if used)
Run times: Somewhere between 1:30 - 2:15 depending on if I went to town to sell/stash random rares.

I was under impression that the top2-3 people (don't remember now) seem to have found at least one loljkwaitforit on the first update.

Yeah, but [somebody] got two of them.

So...was our beloved Host able to hold off the relentless march of nulio? Did somebody else rocket up from the field and steal it out from under them? The Shadow knows...

Oh, and still no Jason/Fabian/zemaj. Maybe one of them has been sitting on a #1 and didn't want to give it away?

Just went to send results to zgpmf and...still no readouts from one "lazy" person. Wake up! :rant:

Last edited:
Ana,

I don't understand why you keep spoiling the results over and over when.. you shouldn't be?

No spoils. Cheerfully withdrawn though.

Just trying to manufacture some excitement while home, bored and waiting. What you could pull out of that is "zgpmf and nulio were far ahead of the pack and near-neck-and-neck from day one", which has already been pointed out, and somebody got two somethings. If the actual numbers was the only issue, yeah, gone.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High