The Windows key, I HATE it!!!

Re: The Windows key, I HATE it!!!

Hell will freeze over before I buy anything from that company. Maybe it's stubbornness, but I don't care :p

Heh, I feel the same. And it's not stubborness, it's just common sense, those bloody iPhones don't even work at below freezing temperatures

It does work actually. Depending on the aspect ratio of your monitor at least. It will just keep the aspect of the game but maximize it to either horizontal or vertical. It makes the game look awful though, so I wouldn't do it. You do still have the screen header and everything though, so you could still accidentally X out of the game or minimize it.

clicking on the header bar or the edge of the window and not teleporting is almost as bad as clicking off the window and not teleporting. Either way you're probably dead. But more to the point, is there any person on the earth still using 4:3 aspect ratio?

You could go out and buy a Nostromo device to replace your keyboard when playing games.

Razer bought them out a couple years back but they are still good devices

I use one of those for pretty much every game now. I find it also helps with spreading out the hands/arms so they don't get over stressed.

I also have a nice Logitech keyboard that has a physical switch that will disable the windows key. Great keyboard, has lights on it as well so I can see the keys in the dark; never did learn typing very well from Ms. Lender...

For as long as I can remember, I have popped that key off any KB I have used that has it...

Well it works for me! :)

Peace and love to y'all!

I wouldn't say the windows key is useless. I personally use it all the time for shortcuts or to access my start menu, which I use a lot too since I have some programs listed there. Main hotkeys I use are windows + e for windows explorer, windows + d for desktop, windows +r for run (as Magicrectangle stated) and windows + f for search. I use most of these hotkeys on a daily basis. Best part of these hotkeys are that they're easily accessible by using only the left hand so there's no hassle on using them.

I've gotten too used to the windows key being there for these shortcuts that I probably wouldn't be used to doing things without it.

Dunno if you're still running the good ol' XP.. Well, in the case positive, there's a nice little program called X-Setup pro. (Version 6.6.xx is freeware so you can grab it for, well, free)
In the 1st screen choose "classic" mode. Then

All x-setup pro plugins
-> hardware
-> keyboard
-> enable windows keys (uncheck that one)

Apply changes and you're done.

(in case of Vista or 7; I'm out)

..Yeah, just another registry setting I guess.

I thought I'm the only one who solved this problem like a barbarian, just by pulling the key out of the board.:rolf: But it looks ugly so I might use the program. Luckily I run D2 under XP since 3D sound doesn't seem to work under 7.

Thanks for all the tips. I guess I will change the registry :).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High