The tediousness of 1.07 - The beginning of a not-so-new adventure

Re: The tediousness of 1.07 - The beginning of a not-so-new adventure

*Sigh*
I guess it's time to cave in and level my sorc. At least she will have some +mana gear, that my barb found.

For anyone else making their first run through 1.07 and didn't read through the massive 1.07 thread - the 3PG+Magic Item recipe seems to suck. It tried it with a Coronet I found and got a +1 Sorc Skills :) But then when using ATMA to move it onto my sorc I noticed the Item Level had been reduced from ~50 to 1.

Does this apply to all the re-rolling recipes?

Haven't tried the pskull recipe, but the 3 PGs recipe is mostly useless as it brings ilvl down to 1. You can still use it to reroll diadems though..

...which is definitely not worth it :) Use all your PGems to roll prismatic ammies, they have great potential as the prismatic resistance is "hidden" and any other prefix and suffix can spawn, I`ve got some Prismatic Prismatic Amulets of XXX with higher resistances than you might ever get in any other way.
But I still haven`t figured out what to do with all the PSkulls other than bring them forward.

Again for anyone else who is giving 1.07 a first try without having read the old 1.07 thread:

It seems that the ancients give you a set amount of experience that is not capped at one levels worth.

When I Killed normal ancients I found I had gained two levels but was not sure if I had simply not noticed gaining a level just before killing them.

I just killed NM Ancients and gained a heap of levels from level 41 (I think) to Level 48!

I've read somewhere that hell act bosses drop from their normal TC's. I guess I can forget about getting a decent exceptional weapon from NM meph? And why isn't he dropping angelic mantle, and drops sigons set pieces 3 times each run?

@PFSS: doesn't the ancients work that way at all version? xD

Nope, in 1.10 they got capped at one level. In earlier patches you could gain quite a few levels, especially if you were getting rushed. As for my recent progress, my barb has now gotten the staff and is waiting to take on the summoner. Crafted a nice 32 mpk ring which instantly fills up my bulb everytime I get a kill. Nonstop bashing helps take down thosw baddies faster. I started off with a defiance merc and my defense with him and shout was through the roof. Nothing was landing a hit on me, however, my ar was total crap. Even after sinking some points into dex my cth was under 75 so I switched to the blessed aim merc. Now I am in pretty good shape with something like 84% IIRC. Cant wait to find some alright twinking gear for my sorc. Gotten 3 sets from bosses n poppables then one unique I think from a chest. Some crappy staff but it does have 50 fire res so that does help quite a bit. Now Im off to finish up with Duriel hopefully in the next few days, as long as I have a good hunk of time.

Well I survived the evil clutches of Duriel with a decent amount of ease. A few full rejuvs are what really saved the day. My merc fell to the glaciel spikes of the summoner almost immediately but other than that we fared pretty well. Finally made it to lvl 18 so I can use conc now. Still waiting for frenzy, even though im starting to need a new beatin stick. Now Ill just need two of them I guess. We will see if I can find some good fast flails or something to hold me over for a while. Cant wait to start on those little flayers. I think theyre my least favorite monster in the game except for maybe a doom knight or gloam.

My 1.07 adventures are going great atm :D
Made myself this new wep for WW'ing and life is A LOT easier! Actually hitting things and with like twice the speed and more damage than my previous wep!
Bone Mangler
War Club
'EthShaeShae'
Two-Hand Damage: 86 to 127
Durability: 55 of 60
Required Strength: 124
Required Level: 29
Mace Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x2a03af76
+64% Enhanced Damage
Damage Reduced by 5
Magic Damage Reduced by 4
40% Increased Attack Speed
-25% Target Defense
150% Damage to Undead
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds
Socketed (3: 3 used)

and I crafted a rings I was REALLY hoping to get!
Angelic Halo
Ring
Required Level: 12
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x67d1d719
+20 to Life
Lightning Resist +36%
Replenish Life +6

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+504 to Attack Rating (12 per Character Level)
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
***Partial Set Item Bonuses***

@Panda: Aww I'm so jealous now :(

Just leveled from 43 to 49 from NM ancients lawl...
And Pijus you couldve just held on to your barb ;)

I'm holding on. My sorc is still 23 :D

I've been playing something thats not D2 with my RL friend for a couple of days now.

Got my sorc to 37 in 1.07 (it's sloooow), and I'm beginning to think that blizzard would be a better choice than orb. Orb being hard to aim and near to useless in narrow spaces is making me sick, not to mention merc being very fragile.

Did someone try blizz, is it useful?

Tried it and returned to the bugged orb as it was a faster killer.

Damn...

Now, I'm also thinking, after maxing orb and CM, to give hydra a shot. Seems like a nice skill to use against some monsters. I used it on my ancient sorceress, but didn't spend enough points in it.

Hell Baal is definitely a candidate for hydra after slivering with static.

You dont need a backup when primary skill kills everything.

Well, with orb you have to get rather close. Not a smart move with hell Baal, I hear.

And where to put extra skill points, anyway? No harm will be done with hydra so I'm gonna try it and report here after.

Remaining choices seem to be warmth (not really needed), thunderstorm (maybe the best bet?), nova or meteor. Do you have 1.07 experience with this skills?

@ Nirolo

I am testing Nova at the moment, so far (A4 NM) it does quite well, especially in those narrow spaces. And, it does 'stun-lock' mosters for a short while which is very helpful and keeps the merc alive a bit longer. The main reason I am trying it is because Ive got two very nice FCR/MPK rings which help the whole mana process quite a lot. However, you do need to get very up close & personal! I am not going to deviate from max Orb/CM because it does work, so at the moment I will be putting the rest of the points in Teleport/LM/Nova/Static (not sure how many where yet) and keeping warmth a 1pt. Hydra seems like a good enough idea but going back in time (patches) wasn't FW the most powerfull fire skill? Anyway - you get style points for sure :thumbup:

Does max CM really work? After several levels, CM's bonus doesn't even increase by 1% per skill point xD

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High