The tediousness of 1.07 - The beginning of a not-so-new adventure

Re: The tediousness of 1.07 - The beginning of a not-so-new adventure

@udgard: with maxed teleport (and I max this one even for sorcs that aren`t racking) you can`t have much problems with mana - I hit some juvs more often because I get hit by some monsters on the way than I do when I`m running out of mana (which is almost never)

@frozzen: there are almost no useful runewords in 1.07, you can google the full list on these forums.

So it seems that backup should be more then offten in 1.07 ...

Atma makes the backups for you so its not a big problem.
When I want as much frw as I can get (shopping Larzuk for example) I use Blinkbat's Form unique Leather Armor which is also light weight and has 10% frw.
I also avoid any Freezes Target items.
Thats why I`ve corrupted my stashes only once (I think i picked up an Iceblink and accidently muled it), but as I said you can restore from Atma backups.

@Tubba Blubba: I know that GoMule doesn`t work for sure.
I`m not a techie at all, so theres not much I can help you - I use Windows XP (after what I`ve heared a thought about installing Vista scares me) and a seperate install for 1.07 and have no problems at all.
You could try asking in the stickied "HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants" thread.

Edit: forgot to say Great Job @ those beating game By nermind's definition, I`m yet to get past act3 NM in any patch without Atma :p

Last edited:

I guess I'll just have to play without more players then *Shrug*.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but i've also recently started my first char (after long time) in 1.07 and although its not so easy like in 1.10+, its still doable and very funny...I only regret the fact, that i can't start immediately with HC character, which is only way i play D2..

Also thanks for the info about RWs and Freeze target items :thumbup:

And again, sorry for hijacking Tubba...

@RIP: easiest way to start HC right away - create HC character in Atma. Then you can create your own char and delete the Atma one.

Maybe we should organize some more 1.07 MP games =D

Is 1.07 classic by default? Also is there a quick list of differences?

edit: nevermind I just remembered talk about 1.07 charms = LoD

and as for the other differences I guess it's mostly no synergies & no immunities.

I made a Barb, my low level sorc is horrible, hope I'll find her some twinking stuff.

Funny, I found this pair of rare boots:

Brimstone Blazers
Boots
Defense: 2
Durability: 6 out of 12
Fast run/walk

and that's it.

@jimmah: immunities do exist. A lot xD. Although the sorc's CM breaks cold immunes...

@tubba: a rare with only one mod? o_O

I'd so be up for 1.07 mp... dont play with multiple instances so some extra players would really help the xp xD atm lvl 36 barb in nightmare LK with like 50% cth lul

@jimmah: immunities do exist. A lot xD. Although the sorc's CM breaks cold immunes...

@tubba: a rare with only one mod? o_O

Yes, a rare with only one mod. My guess is that low ilvl choked the list of possible mods.

Well Frozen orb sorc is really not that difficult early on if you put quite a few points in SF to get good range gather all manapots you can and let your merc kill and as soon as you reach lvl 30 you will be doing all the killing.

And Frozen Orb works abit different than newer versions. If you throw frozen orb in the middle of a pack it will hardly do any damage. Throw it along side with them instead.

IMO dont bother with energy shield, use static behind your merc when you get an act2 one and let him kill. The SF in NM dont stop att 33% it goes all the way down as in normal.

And another note dont forget the recipe magic ring, sapphire and thawing poition, with some luck you can get a magic ring with up to 37 to mana after each kill. Do that a soon as you get the cube. And to increase the odds mule the cube over to a lvl 5 character for the best chance of getting right mods

I love 1.07 :jig::jig:

Was swearing and not being able to find a good map i picked up a grand charm..Id:ed it and.....(dont know how to post pictures)..

40 to Maximum Damage :thumbsup: (Lev 39 req)

This is a perfect one right?

I was looking around at my other charms and boy can 1.07 produce some great ones..

"And another note dont forget the recipe magic ring, sapphire and thawing poition, with some luck you can get a magic ring with up to 37 to mana after each kill. Do that a soon as you get the cube. And to increase the odds mule the cube over to a lvl 5 character for the best chance of getting right mods"

Wasnt that lev 8? or maybe it was for fast cast..Hmm memory is not what it was..

Anyhow i cubed a 10 fast cast 23 MPK within 20 attempts (was probably very lucky) ..

Wow that is one heck of a ring snooker. RTB told me it was lvl 5 so I hope he is right and man it didnt take that long before I had a 32 MPK and a 37 MPK ring no second mod on those though, so maybe wait for lvl 8 and trying to get one with FCR too

Wow that is one heck of a ring snooker. RTB told me it was lvl 5 so I hope he is right and man it didnt take that long before I had a 32 MPK and a 37 MPK ring no second mod on those though, so maybe wait for lvl 8 and trying to get one with FCR too

Nice rings you got aswell :)..your 37 MPK is i think double MPK spawns so you cannot get that high of MPK and fast cast. Dont know the max with second mod.

Nice rings you got aswell :)..your 37 MPK is i think double MPK spawns so you cannot get that high of MPK and fast cast. Dont know the max with second mod.

Well dont think there is a suffix for MPK and the ring is called "Triumphant ring"

And actually the 34 one have a suffix

Triumphant Ring of Greed
Required Level: 2
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 3
Fingerprint: 0x13eaf38a
27% Extra Gold from Monsters
+34 to Mana After Each Kill

Well dont think there is a suffix for MPK and the ring is called "Triumphant ring"

And actually the 34 one have a suffix

Triumphant Ring of Greed
Required Level: 2
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 3
Fingerprint: 0x13eaf38a
27% Extra Gold from Monsters
+34 to Mana After Each Kill

Nice :) ..Going to start a new char to cube some more i think :)

Btw got another super charm..Grand charm with 19 to all resistances (lev req 26 or something)

What I am curious is if the ring spawned with cold res.. will it stack with the cold res from the recipe, and get bugged by the MPK, resulting to 70ish MPK ring? o_O

well udgard one ring cant spawn with 70 MPK but if you mean with 2 rings it possible and looks funny too, when you manabulb jumps up and down all the time. But dont think there is something special with this recipe and coldres being extrmely high

Edit nice one snooker did you find it if so where? please tell me:D

Ah, forgot that cold res is a prefix, just like the triumphant =D
Now, one more theory crafting... since with this recipe rare and uniques can spawn.. what would happen if a rare spawns with sapphire and triumphant using this recipe? =D

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High