The state of The Community Forum

Re: The state of The Community Forum

It is somewhat wondering why would someone measure in Kelvin unless they were dealing with very cold temperatures.

i mean, 0 K = Absolute Zero
273 K = Water Melting Point (0 C, 32 F)

Congrats, you can subtract! I must say 273 is a very big, very scary number so you be proud of yourself! Next month maybe we could advance to multiplication! :whistling:
Psht, I already know multiplication.
1 + 1 = 2
2 + 2 = 3
3 + 3 = 4

It is somewhat wondering why would someone measure in Kelvin unless they were dealing with very cold temperatures.

i mean, 0 K = Absolute Zero
273 K = Water Melting Point (0 C, 32 F)

I disagree. I think it is a wonder that someone would use a scaled and translated version of Kelvin for anything. The size of the numbers is irrelevant.

Water melts? Huh?

P

Yeah, it is called melting. That's because h2o is always water; so yes, water can melt.

resistance is futile.

It's a little late for that.

Yeah, it is called melting. That's because h2o is always water; so yes, water can melt.

Nay I say...

H2o is Two parts Hydrogen, One part oxygen. You can only separate the molecular structure of water, thus it will not "melt".

A melt will only occur when the water (H2o) has been frozen into ice crystals and thaws from a freezing temperature of 32 °F or 273.15 K. However it is still an H2o molecule.

:coffee:

P

I think I need a temperature sleep, right here, right now.

:(

Turb is a h2o turbulent diablo maniac. Resistance to his turtle mightiness sure is futile, imho.

Nay I say...

H2o is Two parts Hydrogen, One part oxygen. You can only separate the molecular structure of water, thus it will not "melt".

A melt will only occur when the water (H2o) has been frozen into ice crystals and thaws from a freezing temperature of 32 °F or 273.15 K. However it is still an H2o molecule.

:coffee:

P

Jibberish or what? You say it wont melt, then next sentence you explain when water melts? And what has water melting to do with the molecular structure? Crystalising and melting is inter molecular phasechanges, nothing to do with breakdown of molecules.

Ok Guys This is how it works: Ice melts and forms water, then boils and forms steam which condenses into water which freezes and forms ice.Chemically it stays water all the time.
Why do you Americans cling to those imperial units?They just complicate everything.Try to do physics with these!Or just try multiplying 3 stone 2 pound 5ounces with 10 and you will see what I mean.

Would you people try to figgure out the reference instead?

The odds of figuring it out are 3,720 to 1.

You need to reconfigure the microspatial phase inducer's subspace array so that it can detect hyper sensitive anions from a teritary domain.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High