The quest for level 99- progress thread

As one of the more uninitiated when it comes to trying to get to 99 (something I've never devoted direct effort to) I'd be very curious to hear more about this evolution that seems to have happened.

I definitely recall in the past there were just lots of stats and figures of how many [P8] Baal runs you'd have to do to get to this level and that, with or without other modifiers (Annihulus and such for Realm players) and that was pretty much the end of it. Chaos Baal runs were a thing, true, although I always assumed at least part of that was done online just to avoid Realm downs from particularly efficient runs of one or the other.

That being said, I would imagine being in single player might change methods somewhat by taking advantage of offline's [legal] benefits, but what else has changed, mechanically and understanding wise? Chaos Sanctuary is more readily talked about, as is Nihlathak and perhaps the concepts of saving Ancients, maybe ideas of sticking to the 85 zones for longer until the real crunchtime? I can think of a few noteworthy changes due to patches but I'd imagine a majority of these shifts would come from better player understandings, more efficient builds/strategies/execution, etc.

Would any of the veterans here care to share their thoughts? For the sake of posterity, would someone mind outlining what the general current strategy is? Obviously not everything is a catch-all, but broad strokes I'm sure there's quite a good deal of overlap, yes?

I didn't keep my ancient because Fordyl wasn't planned as a 99er (that I can remember), but it is nice to keep that for sure... Things like player settings help a lot - for example P1 for seals and P7 for Diablo. Somebody has been doing Baal (Pb perhaps?) at P1 for travel, P3 for waves 1-2 and P8 for waves 3-5. Or something like that haha

Sure, I'll bite on this. :p

Yes things have changed quite a bit since the good old days, mostly thanks to people like @Gripphon investigating alternate routes and crunching numbers to see what is most efficient. As is usually the case in these games, turns out the fastest way to level is not as obvious as it once seemed.

Good old days:
1) Run Baal.
2) Repeat until 99.

Nowadays if you want to take the fastest route it is much more complex, and as you mention, will vary depending on class, build, wealth, player style, etc etc.

I made a general post for 90+ leveling which gives a pretty decent baseline for a general path to take, with information I compiled from a few different threads (which will be mentioned later). Let's have some fun here though and just outline the fastest possible path to 99 (as far as we know, anyway).

For this I will just assume the character is geared out and built sufficiently to take on any area of the game. The journey will consist of 3 main phases:

1) Pits or Ancient Tunnels (this is just to grind until you can equip your gear and gain some toughness for char and merc)

2) Switch to the CS as soon as your character can take it. (likely ~94, but definitely doable earlier with good items and a strong build)
- runs will be /p8 Vizier+Infector runs as outlined by Gripp. Basically hit those two seals and any convenient boss packs along the way (ignoring champ packs unless layered with a boss pack already). Continue these until 98.

3) Once you hit 98, you run Nihlathak (/p8).
- contrary to what we thought before, @NanoMist and I did some testing and data gathering and found that hitting XP shrines is likely not really much (or any!) faster in terms of actual XP/time, since Nihlathak runs are so short to begin with. They are still beneficial if you can hit them fast enough, as they decrease the total number of runs you'll have to do and therefore minimize chance of death.

That route of course saves the ancient's quest for 98 as well, taking full advantage of the free experience.

Keep in mind though, this is also the most dangerous path you can take to 99 and gives you a pretty damn decent chance to die along the way (mostly due to Nihlathak and his tomb viper friends).

Another level 98 strat which is faster than Baal runs (but slower than Nihl) is running Diablo instead. These runs are done /p1 to clear the seals, and /p7 for Diablo himself (as his xp is capped there, so /p8 just adds more health and therefore more time). This method is preferable for some people over Nihlathak as it's much safer, and still quite a bit quicker than Baaling. If you run Diablo you should roll a map with as many shrines as possible both in the CS (max of 4 I believe) and in another area (typically an A1 area by a waypoint, or the Travincal). You can check these areas for XP shrines while Diablo spawns and it literally costs your run no time at all.

This outline is not applicable to every build however, as some (Lightning Trappers and Wind Druids come to mind) can't handle the CS fast enough to make it worthwhile, and it's actually faster for them to level up running Baal (or Ventar/Lister), even when you factor in having to cash the Ancients in early.

That's alright though, as half the fun is figuring out what works best for your build and playstyle. :)

Some other good resources:

- The entire 99 theorycrafting thread. Lots of great stuff in there for many different builds.
- Nanomist's XP tables for Baal and Diablo runs. Awesome resource here, and can help you figure out the best path for you depending on your run times.
- Also just the entire Untwinked 99 thread that those tables are from, there's a wealth of information about strats and builds in there, especially as the first few of us started to get higher in level.

As one of the more uninitiated when it comes to trying to get to 99 (something I've never devoted direct effort to) I'd be very curious to hear more about this evolution that seems to have happened.

I definitely recall in the past there were just lots of stats and figures of how many [P8] Baal runs you'd have to do to get to this level and that, with or without other modifiers (Annihulus and such for Realm players) and that was pretty much the end of it. Chaos Baal runs were a thing, true, although I always assumed at least part of that was done online just to avoid Realm downs from particularly efficient runs of one or the other.

That being said, I would imagine being in single player might change methods somewhat by taking advantage of offline's [legal] benefits, but what else has changed, mechanically and understanding wise? Chaos Sanctuary is more readily talked about, as is Nihlathak and perhaps the concepts of saving Ancients, maybe ideas of sticking to the 85 zones for longer until the real crunchtime? I can think of a few noteworthy changes due to patches but I'd imagine a majority of these shifts would come from better player understandings, more efficient builds/strategies/execution, etc.

Would any of the veterans here care to share their thoughts? For the sake of posterity, would someone mind outlining what the general current strategy is? Obviously not everything is a catch-all, but broad strokes I'm sure there's quite a good deal of overlap, yes?

Definitely a big difference between SP and online leveling to 99. Take a look at Corrupted's post for fast leveling to 99 online, it's a coordinated group effort- interesting stuff here as well. He's also level 99 #31 in this thread, with a hammerdin, so he's experienced on both sides. His 99 thread was also a great read.

Patches did introduce a few impactful changes though- removal of IM, respec, increased rune drops + orange color, reduced FE explosion damage, etc. In the context of my untwinked 99, increased rune drops were huge in getting towards fast leveling. Of course player knowledge increased too, like you mentioned, which lead to increasingly efficient play. It's hard to quantify how much impact each side made, but I would also pick player knowledge...

@Pb_pal has the general strategy covered much better than anything I would have presented, so there you go! Also, thanks for the shout out, Pb_pal. If anybody wants exp. tables at different player settings, let me know and I'll rerun the numbers.

Corrupted's (hammerdin) 98 strategy was CS runs at P7 all the time. He commented that it was a small difference in exp. compared to p1 seals/p7 Diablo but much better drops. @Neksja could include this scenario in his testing?

@Pb_pal @NanoMist You guys really cleared the path for the rest of us with your analysis, based on your own experience. We can't thank you enough for it. I wonder if the info provided by you guys, as well as @Gripphon 's tests and other info and some other tidbits, can't be pinned as some kind of guide to get to 99. This would be a tremendous resource. Now people always have to start searching and asking again.

A few random notes, mostly based on my own experience.

- Pb_pal covered the journey past level 90. Before that, there are 2 stages: getting through the game, to your target of choice in Hell, and running optional (but recommended) areas for gear.

1) getting through the game as fast as possible actually isn't that important in the grand scheme of things (doesn't matter if it takes you 10 hours or 20, when those last few levels will take hundreds of hours), but it's always fun to maximize efficiency. After all you start out with that one big goal of getting to 99, and you're full of motivation and energy to do so, might as well get efficient asap :).

So just make sure to get through the game as fast as possible. Keep player setting at /p1 if necessary. Just get to Normal Pindle as fast as possible, and keep running him on the highest player setting which you can handle while still maintaining good killing speed. Once you are level 40 - 45, move on to NM and to the same until level 75. Only run or rerun certain targets if you really think that it's worth it for that piece of gear which will greatly increase your killing speed. Getting that runes from Countess or that base item from a rack in LK for runewords like Spirit and Insight comes to mind, although usually you'll get those just by getting through the game.

2) In Hell you can go straight for your target, which should be Pit, AT or Pindle (the latter only up to the high eighties, maybe not even past 85). But often your gear won't be good enough to run those efficiently, and you are better off running Meph for uniques like Shako, Arachnid's, Chance Guards, Skullder's Ire, War Travelers, and LK for the runes needed for HotO, CtA, CoH, and if you aren't a Sorc, Enigma. Except for the Enigma for non-Sorcs, none of these are absolutely required, depending on your other gear, but they will make your life a lot easier (especially the CtA), and you should be able to get the necessary runes within' a reasonable amount of time. Since most of the time on this journey is spent on the last few levels, and killing power and survivability is everything at that point, you'll easily win back the time you lost by running LK and/or Meph at those later stages.

- I didn't really care for mf on my gear much, mostly because I found a Shako in early Hell and I figured that most of the other items I really wanted were runewords anyway (CtA, HotO, CoH), but if you also want some specific uniques / sets, it might be worth it to focus on it some more. I also didn't run Meph, like I usually do when starting over, but again this was because of the reasons mentioned above, and I know of others who did and with great success. After all I still don't have that Arachnid's ...

In the later stages, say 95+, killing speed is everything, and you only should include mf if it doesn't take away from your killing speed. At least, for max efficiency. If you don't care to run a tad slower and feel like getting better drops will better keep you motivated along the way, by all means do so.

- Which brings us to another point: fun !!! Everyone will be very motivated when they start this journey. But when the real grind kicks in, you have to stay motivated as well. After all it's still a game, and one you play to have fun. It would be a shame if someone burns out on D2 on the whole because the grind drives him or her insane. So despite the fact that we all have been talking about and giving tips about efficiency here, don't neglect the fact that you should still be having fun. It's not as refreshing as starting a new character, it's not as exciting as participating in that MFO or RFO and get awesome drops quite often, it's not as cool as trying out that new runeword on a concept character ... it will always be a grind up to a certain degree. But try to find things that keep it fun for you. Alternate targets for a while if you feel like it. Switch CS with Baal if that's what keeps you going. Get back to AT for a while. Hit Travincal in search for runes, jewelry and gold like I did, even if your 99er runner doesn't need it, because you never know what you get (a Cham in my case) and the drops might allow you to start brainstorming on other D2 projects or characters.

- In the same vein, I plan to include at least some Baal runs when I hit level 98, even if Nihl or CS are more efficient. I have always had that image of getting to 99 means endless Baal runs, so now finally taking on such a big project without a single Baal run ... not's gonna happen ;). I might switch to lightning sorc for that, if I have found the gear by then, because of the same reason: I used to think that 99ers are Baal running Lightning Sorcs almost exclusively, next to Hammerdins.

Little side note (or question actually): where are Lightning Sorcs in this entire story of getting to 99? There are quite some Lightning Sorcs among the 40 99ers in this thread, but none in the current iteration of the 99ers afaik. Are Lightning Sorcs slow? Just slower compared to Blizzard Sorcs? Or also compared to other builds in this iteration, like Trapsin, Windy, Hammerdin?

- Anyway, on to the tips and tidbits. Try to see what works best for you, and don't assume that what works for others, works for you as well. When I first looked at Gripphon's numbers for CS, I just went like 'let's just quit, I'm so slow'. Until I realized he is one of the fastest runners around these parts, and he was using a fully decked out character for the run, not an untwinked one. I'm slowly upping my killing speed, getting in the 75K/min range for CS runs at level 97. It's still a bit slower than Pb_pal was and quite a lot slower than Neksja, but that's how it is. It makes no sense to keep looking at those numbers, keep on looking at the fact that Gripphon stated that Blizz Sorcs are faster than Hammerdins, while Neksja is faster than me. It's my runs, and I should do it as efficient, fast but still fun as possible in my own power, not compared to others.

- At level 97 I'm not killing boss packs in CS anymore, unless they are really close to the seal bosses, so it requires no extra effort to kill them. I don't stop at packs in between seal packs anymore. Based on some tests I have the impression I get more xp/hour this way, but that doesn't mean it is indeed better for me, let alone for others.

That's all I can think of for now.

@NanoMist, I will definitely try out P7 seals+Diablo once I'm at lvl98. It has been on my mind for a while, mainly so I don't have to play around changing the settings, I can just put p7 at the start of session and be done with it. I'm probably going to spend first 10ish hours to test different scenarios to see which works best for me when it comes to XP efficiency and fun.

@T72on1 very well said above! When it comes to killing speed in CS, I reckon 75k/min is pretty good, I know I get a bit more and I have now adopted a model of killing seal bosses and all Storm Caster bosses (not Champions). Storm Caster boss takes usually 2-3 hammers to die, so they are very quick to kill and doesn't really slow me down more than few seconds per run. Also, I think you still have few gear improvements you can make to make your runs faster, right? For me, I can only add more Paladin Combat skillers to increase my skill speed and only 2 skillers before I start decreasing my survivability (at that point I need to swap life/res charms for skillers), so I can't get much faster than I am now. Just keep trucking, I have a feeling we will have a similar race to @Pb_pal vs @NanoMist coming up :)

I'd like to add in one thing about my 99 running experience so far. I feel that playing untwinked was not that much of a disadvantage when starting, I think it actually was quite the opposite. With untwinked char, you are constantly upgrading gear, motivated to find that next rune towards that needed runeword etc. With a twinked char, I doubt I'd be here now. There's something more rewarding doing it "from scratch", but I will definitely get a twinked character to 99 as well (yes, I'm repeating this crazy quest once more), just to get the feel of a doing it with a twinked char, all the runes/items available I can find with anyone.

Also, I think running with a twinked char would make me a lot faster just by running without picking up every rune and S/U. That muling time is starting to rack up to quite big number, sometimes I do like 7 runs and my stash is full of Isenharts and I have to spend a minute muling. Not efficient at all.

Since everyone is elaborating on the current running to 99, i'll try to examine the 'old ways' a bit further as i feel some stuff is loosely mentioned, but not quite adequately.

Of course the shift from only Baals to also Diablo or Nihlathak has happened due to players trying out stuff and finding new and improved ways to do stuff. However, what i feel is a bit underlighted is the fact that the main (and maybe even the only) thing that made this possible is the vastly improved rune drops. Before that teleport was a thing only for sorc's. And those had teleport, but lacked things that really makes them shine like infinity.

In the olden days i was one of a very, very small group that actually had a legit enigma (and i got mine just a very short period before the 'runepatch'). Running Diablo and Nihlathak depend heavily on teleporting past a lot of unwanted stuff that slows you down, doesn't get you any measurable experience (at least on higher levels) and in some cases is very deadly (read: vipers at Nihlathak). So those routes only really became viable to 'the common folks' after the patch. Which in turn lead to the earlier mentioned experimenting to find better ways. (Note: I don't mean to put down people with the term common folks, but before the patch it was literally only a handful of people that could afford even 1 enigma or other high RW, where now they seem to be quite readily available. Not to mention that back then the forums contained much more people than they do now so percentage wise the gap is huge.)

So before the patch you needed either a great dose of luck to find the runes to speed up the process or you were slower than you would be now, meaning it would take even more effort then it already is.

So i mentioned why Diablo and Nihlathak only came really into play after the rune increase, why was Baal there before? Well, with a good map, which in SP is static (yay for Single player!), you can roll until you have a really good map. If you have one, you can run past the few things the WSK throws at you without losing too much time to reach and clear the throne. So that was a somewhat viable way to get to 99 without the benefit of teleport.

Table of Heroes:
[highlight]Rank Class Name Player Build[/highlight]
1 Druid Wind_Whisperer Strijdje Wind
2 Barbarian Lycan Strijdje Wolfbarb
3 Sorceress Fortuna tweety BlizzBall
4 Sorceress Ayla Grogs Blizz
5 Sorceress Kara DarkChaos BlizzBall
6 Paladin Julius Grogs Hammerdin
7 Paladin Mayhem Marvel Hammerdin
8 Amazon ShieldMaiden jjscud Lightning
9 Assassin Mave-II DarkChaos Lightning/FB
10 Paladin Nikola DarkChaos Holy Shock
11 Sorceress Miranda jjscud Lightning
12 Necro Scarecrow Marvel Skelliemancer
13 Sorceress Cindy Callador Lightning
14 Sorceress Nemesis Zaliqai Lightning
15 Paladin Uber_Ploppy DX Hammer
16 Sorceress Mihana Eric Xanthu Blizzball
17 Paladin AdmiralAckbar Wielanja Hammer
18 Sorceress Lighting elevenlang Lightening
19 Amazon Azalea Ugla Lightning
20 Amazon FuryPhys EatSleepDiablo Lightning
21 Paladin Maxamillian Asmodeous Schaeferdin
22 Sorceress Chainlightning Cyrax Lightning
23 Sorceress Helina LD50 Lightning
24 Sorceress Blower inter Blizzard/Nova
25 Paladin HolierThanThou Kimppi Hammerdin
26 Amazon Mio frozzzen LF/CS
27 Sorceress Diiieeeeee zgpmf Lightning
28 Paladin Possessed Cyrax Hammerdin
29 Amazon PureDamagezon zgpmf LF
30 Paladin Spatha_Lux WoRG Vengeance
31 Paladin Samsara Corrupted Hammerdin
32 Amazon Lightning_speed Cyrax LF/CS
33 Sorceress Allegro ziambe Lightning
34 Paladin Narkis Helvete Hammerdin
35 Paladin Jeffy jeffy Hammerdin
36 Sorceress Coldtest CRG Lightning/CL/FW
37 Paladin Vodka Grape Hammerdin
38 Necro Raising_dead Cyrax Skelliemancer
39 Barbarian Perkele zticazzy WW-barb
40 Sorceress Eleanor Pb_pal Blizzard/Nova

Table of runners:
Code:
Rank Exp(Bln) Lvl Class        Name              Player             Updated DD-MM-YYYY
1    3.446 HC 98  Sorceress    Opagangnamstyle   zgpmf              12-04-2013
2    3.379    98  Paladin      Fordyl            Kitteh             16-12-2016
3    3.369    98  Assassin     Jenna             Grogs
4    3.333    98  Barbarian    yy                scrcrw             16-12-2012
5    3.306    98  Sorceress    Michelle          Solar Ice          23-02-2010
6    3.304    98  Amazon       CRG               Lady_Fury          30-07-2016
7    3.282    98  Sorceress    Sparkles          Ipsilantee         17-03-2009
8    3.260 HC 98  Paladin      Quov-Tsin         Solar Ice          26-12-2012
9    3.244    98  Sorceress    Electra           krovak             12-01-2009
10   3.230    98  Barbarian    PvP_Baba          Naab               05-06-2011
11   3.229    98  Necromancer  Toxik             usamahanas
12   3.229    98  Sorceress    Atil              Thyiad             19-02-2011
13   3.229    98  Necromancer  Teron             Tupsi              05-01-2013
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1    3.109    97  Paladin      Roland            Dodgydave          10-04-2014
2    3.101    97  Paladin      Swiss_Cheese      Masas
3    3.100    97  Barbdruid    Unnatural         DX
4    3.100    97  Paladin      Zalikoo           Jaedhann           03-07-2010
5    3.081    97  Assassin     Akane             Nagisa             07-07-2013
6    3.056    97  Sorceress    Neverland         T72on1             08-12-2016
7    3.040    97  Paladin      Temps_deMarteau   jrlafrance         02-05-2011
8    3.025    97  Necromancer  Shrek             Vajurewi
9    3.010    97  Paladin      Hybridadinadin    RibGriller
10   3.010    97  Sorceress    Lightemup         RibGriller
11   3.007 HC 97  HammerDin    Inultus           Grisu              13-09-2012
12   3.006    97  Paladin      Emperor           bassano            18-11-2009
13   3.005    97  Amazon       BigBoobsBigBow    Silospen
14   3.003    97  Barbarian    Uber_Neno         neno
15   3.001    97  Sorceress    Hera              Reborn2k
16   3.000    97  Paladin      Aura              Neksja             07-12-2016
17   2.989    97  Assassin     Jasmine           sequana            14-08-2009
18   2.985    97  Sorceress    Spellweaver       Dazliare           03-03-2013
19   2.980    97  Paladin      Brand_Dale        King's Spectre
20   2.962    97  Amazon       Viraya            Hrus
1    2.927    96  Necromancer  Zhar(RWM+FE mod)  LprMan
2    2.922    96  Sorceress    blizzardmaster    bassano            18-11-2009
3    2.840    96  Paladin      Charged           Shermo
4    2.806    96  Necromancer  usamahuuu         usamahanas
5    2.804    96  Sorceress    Lore              NorthDakota        7-14-2013
6    2.800    96  Barbarian    Lycaeus           dune6836           17-06-2009
7    2.794    96  Paladin      Abresax           Wicket
8    2.791    96  Sorceress    BackAgain         EasyG              13-09-2012
9    2.790    96  Sorceress    BlizzMeSilly      nubikoen
10   2.762    96  Sorceress    MshRmMouthNoise   dune6836           01-06-2009
11   2.740 HC 96  Paladin      Harry-dAmour      Crawlingdeadman    26-09-2012
12   2.730    96  Sorceress    OD-BlizzSorcOT    o1d_dude           28-03-2010
13   2.728    96  Necromancer  Viperidae         dune6836           17-06-2009
14   2.722    96  Paladin      Gabriel           Gabriel74
15   2.721    96  Sorceress    lucania           bassano            18-11-2009
16   2.720 HC 96  Sorceress    Colinda           Gibitam            02-02-2011
17   2.718 HC 96  BlizzSorc    Langnese          Grisu              19-01-2013
18   2.717    96  Sorceress    Icewind           sawm
19   2.717    96  Sorceress    Lore              NorthDakota        1-11-2012
1    2.550    95  Necromancer  Gromph            Shleefin
2    2.543 HC 95  Paladin      Bremmsparkfist    pharphis           16-01-2013
3    2.521    95  Amazon       PewPew            Kimppi             26-07-2012
4    2.514    95  Barbarian    Doom              XDoomasX
5    2.507    95  Sorceress    Xandra            Are
6    2.502    95  Sorceress    Obfuscated_C      SkaMan
7    2.500    95  Sorceress    My-Morwel         slarti
8    2.499    95  Wolfbarb     Morph             nebux
9    2.496    95  Sorceress    Alara             Deadbob
10   2.494    95  Sorceress    Jaaneito          Toppo
11   2.493    95  Amazon       Katzenjammer      factory
12   2.493    95  Sorceress    Lady_Vashj        Zhao_Yue
13   2.492    95  Blizzsorc    ColdA**B****      sirpoopsalot
14   2.492    95  Sorceress    Icy_Hell          EternalTenacity    24-07-2010
15   2.492 HC 95  Sorceress    Lulu              LiquidClear
16   2.492    95  Sorceress    Mito              dhaos              22-07-2013

1    2.458    94  Barbarian    ISeeRed           Kimppi             21-05-2011
2    2.412    94  Druid        Debbbole          Debbbole
3    2.397    94  Sorceress    Tortinita         Nagisa             07-07-2013
4    2.359    94  Sorceress    Point             Shermo
5    2.342    94  Sorceress    Aeryn             Aerwynd
6    2.340    94  Sorceress    oz                GabrielSylar
7    2.309    94  Barbarian    Doolin_Axes       jrlafrance
8    2.301    94  Paladin      Jermaine          Lemming
9    2.289    94  Paladin      Skaro             skipjack           06-09-2010
10   2.288    94  Amazon       BitterBeauty      Tasdaz
11   2.287    94  Sorceress    Chelle            Shade
12   2.287    94  Paladin      Hagrid            Mikle
13   2.287    94  Sorceress    Flogging_Molly    Hp_Sauc
14   2.287    94  Sorceress    MeLoveBurgers     DX
15   2.286    94  Sorceress    Bella             smilts
16   2.286    94  Druid        Iltschi           Tenecabo           27-09-2015

1    2.236    93  Sorceress    PureBlizzard      Friiser            15-09-2009
2    2.234    93  Necromancer  Sharn-Mes         Sharn-Mes
3    2.202    93  Necromancer  ArmyoftheDead     Friiser            15-09-2009
4    2.186    93  Sorceress    Sorceress         Bugzy
5    2.150    93  Assassin     Sneaky-Barren     barren
6    2.148    93  Druid        WinterBreeze      Cyrax              30-05-2014
7    2.137    93  Necromancer  BobSellers        L8hingeTheUnhinged
8    2.134    93  Sorceress    Freezyaballs      Thyiad
9    2.114    93  Amazon       Eagle             tripsu
10   2.107    93  Sorceress    ColdAsIce         SuperSavage
11   2.105    93  Paladin      Tarr              Tarr
12   2.100    93  Paladin      Thanatos          FodderCannoned
13   2.098    93  CL/FW Sorc   ChainSmokin       sirpoopsalot       (retired)
14   2.097    93  Barbarian    Horus             aarrgus
15   2.084    93  Amazon       Catte-brie        Sunbearie
16   2.084    93  Barbarian    Nasca             Sledge
1    2.074    92  Sorceress    HC-WomenAreWeak   PuffeN
2    2.049    92  Sorceress    IceQueen          RoidRage
3    2.023    92  Sorceress    Lily              QueenEm            retired
4    2.022    92  Sorceress    Quezacotl         NightBurst
5    2.013 HC 92  Paladin      Mehuggah          Martinkingss       27-06-2011
6    2.000    92  Assassin     MahTahHahRee      WiseGuy
7    1.999 HC 92  Sorcy        Blizzardisha      sike               18-03-2009
8    1.986    92  Necromancer  Tracul            Tracul(RWM)
9    1.974 HC 92  Necromancer  HCLRWPN           sebhehe            16-01-2013
10   1.973    92  Amazon       Ursula            Jason Maher        19-06-2012
11   1.948    92  Amazon       Rhiannon          Jason Maher        19-06-2012
12   1.932    92  Sorceress    MistressGale      Jackalope
13   1.931    92  Barbarian    Immortal_King     INC
14   1.931    92  Amazon       asdf_Joan         asdfgah
15   1.927    92  Sorceress    Meteorb           Sir Lister of Smeg
16   1.925    92  Amazon       Angel             Lord_Vega
17   1.924    92  Sorceress    Frosty_Ploppy     DX
1    1.909    91  Sorceress    IcyHotTouch       EternalTenacity    03-05-2009
2    1.856    91  Paladin      Zeus              Joosh              16-08-2009
3    1.821    91  Amazon       ThePerfectJava    Silospen
4    1.802    91  Paladin      Daniela           kstuart            31-12-2012
5    1.801    91  Necromancer  UnHoly_XR         XrceR
6    1.789    91  Barbarian    Smashington       angeldesignpro     27-02-2011
7    1.767    91  Amazon       Maveen            VinKelRix
8    1.765    91  Amazon       Uber_Fluffy       DX
9    1.764 HC 91  Necromancer  Skelemancer       WailingDoom
1    1.756    90  Sorceress    pingu             4fun
2    1.738    90  Sorceress    Serena            Tarr
3    1.736    90  Paladin      Dizzy_Hitter      Frosty
4    1.662    90  Paladin      Emperor_II        bassano            18-11-2009
5    1.638    90  Sorceress    TP-Fice           SeeiN2StarS
6    1.620    90  Assassin     Halle             Nazdakka
7    1.619    90  Paladin      Cervantes         Lord_Vega

Table of Heroes:

Table of runners:
Code:
Rank Exp(Bln) Lvl Class        Name              Player             Updated DD-MM-YYYY
1    3.110    97  Sorceress    Neverland         T72on1             18-12-2016
2    3.109    97  Paladin      Roland            Dodgydave          10-04-2014
3    3.101    97  Paladin      Swiss_Cheese      Masas
4    3.100    97  Barbdruid    Unnatural         DX
5    3.100    97  Paladin      Zalikoo           Jaedhann           03-07-2010
6    3.081    97  Assassin     Akane             Nagisa             07-07-2013

Of the 40 at max, how many (if any) were HC over SC? I noticed this is indicated in the table for runners and there were some at 98 so clearly it was feasible.

Perhaps it'd be a good idea to put that distinction there for easy reference, even if it was just a (HC) next to their entry to avoid clutter.

Could be useful for posterity's sake.

It's about time to update this, right?

Table of Heroes:
41 Assassin Izuna NanoMist Lightning/FB

Table of runners:
Code:
1    3.110    97  Sorceress    Neverland         T72on1             18-12-2016
2    3.109    97  Paladin      Roland            Dodgydave          10-04-2014
3    3.101    97  Paladin      Swiss_Cheese      Masas
4    3.100    97  Barbdruid    Unnatural         DX
5    3.100    97  Paladin      Zalikoo           Jaedhann           03-07-2010
6    3.081    97  Assassin     Akane             Nagisa             07-07-2013

Welcome to the ranks of the Heroes @NanoMist

It's incredible that you were only the second Assassin we have. Maybe you will encourage some others!

Congrats here as well @NanoMist! 2nd Assassin here is indeed quite incredible. I also find it rather interesting that last 3 Heroes are all untwinked. Are we in need of some sort of marker for the Heroes that were untwinked? There must at least 4 by now, winner of original Untwinked 99 tournament and the 3 winners from the current one.

Well, I don't blame those guys, sorc and paladin might be the two fastest to 99. Still incredible though, 2nd assassin. More incredible is that the 1st entry is a druid, which I might consider to be the hardest class to reach 99 with. 2nd entry, a wolf barb, back in the days, wow.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High