The quest for level 99- progress thread

tweety

Nov 6, 2003
The quest for level 99- progress thread

With all the recent interest in getting to level 99, I thougth it would be nice to make a thread in which you can post your progress. There is no better motivation to keep up the leveling than a bit of competition. Just insert your high level character in the table with the highest experience on top.

Code:
Exp(billion)	Lvl	Class		Name		Player
2.957		96	Sorceress	Fortuna		tweety

Might aswell add my HC Blizzysorc here.

Code:
2.323		94	Sorceress	Snowy_Ploppy	DX-Crawler

DX

Wow, you guys are nuts. In a nice way of course!

Just trying to level my clvl93 summoner to 94 is taking way too long. Probably not the ideal char though. Anything above players3 becomes tough going (ie: slow) without a BEAST or something like that.

I think you need someone to hold down the bottom of the list. Currently Running countess for a bit looking for runes to make a Gloom armor for my serious Baal running.

Code:
1.927		92	Amazon		ShieldMaiden	jjscud

Not to poop in anyones petunias, but isnt this why we have the ladders? Or are these non-ladder chars...

Oh and having gotten one char to 99 in 1.09 I don't think I'll ever be motivated to do that again. A Septevirate and self found HC grail are enough projects for me :)

No, its for non ladder chars most likely, just so epople can keep up with your progress.
Code:
   2.109 	   93    Sorceress	helanthic morla    farting bob

I'll join in:

Code:
3.062                  97          Paladin                PalaGrogs             Grogs
 2.104		93	Sorceress	 Helanthic morla   Farting bob

EDIT: I stuffed that up but you get the gist :D

Yea the formatting changes each time with the code thing. It looks right on the text screen, but in preview it moves stuff around. Oh well, good going grogs!

farting bob said:
Yea the formatting changes each time with the code thing. It looks right on the text screen, but in preview it moves stuff around. Oh well, good going grogs!
It'll be interesting to see where Strijdje is at ;) , the next lvl (98) is at 3.229 Billion..... The race is on!

You cant let stridjde get his second 99 before anybody else here gets 1, it would make us all look bad, and make him look godly, and thats just not right. :p

Nice to see your progress, guys! Awesome...

I for myself can't really decide on a character I want to play... :(

Just to give the rest of the forum some perspective ;) I'm 384 odd /p8 Baal runs infront of Tweety.

Tweety in turn is around 650 /p8 Baal runs ahead of DX...

Whilst the exp numbers look small, trust me they aren't :D

-Grogs

Code:
3.062		97	Paladin		PalaGrogs	Grogs
2.104		93	Sorceress	Helanthic morla	Farting bob

Reformatted the table a bit, hope it is OK again. If you add a name, just make a new line, copy paste somebody else his line and than fill in your stats. That should work maybe, hopefully, or not. Just check in the preview.

Great progress Grogs :clap:

Farting_bob, actually it took me 2 days to get to lv 90 with my sorc so he got some time :p. I dunno how long it takes after lv 90 though....

Puffen said:
Farting_bob, actually it took me 2 days to get to lv 90 with my sorc so he got some time :p. I dunno how long it takes after lv 90 though....
Well i was on 89 just before xmas, and played a heck of a lot in between then and new years (bar a few afternoons with the relatives *yawn*) and managed to get to 92 by the end of last week. But i believe the real slow down is at 95, when suddenly a P8 baal and minions kill barely registers a gain on the white exp bar, unles your eyesight can see individual pixel changes over long peroids. mine doesnt though.

I can attest to the value of competition in helping you reach those seemingly unattainable goals. I'm impressed with anyone who can reach even 97 in 1.10 - its a brutal climb at those levels. And keeping a sorceress alive long enough to climb that high is a feat that has eluded me so far.

For reference purposes I believe Sint Niklas has a level 97 Chain Lightning / Frozen Orb sorc.

Good luck on your quest!

Trying to decide what character to try to get to 99? The one that:

a) Doesn't die. Ever.

b) Can kill Baal fast, preferably at high players settings.

Based on battle.net, hammerdins and sorcs are popular choices. Melee characters always run the risk of an Iron Maiden insta-kill.

Chris

Code:
3.062		97	Paladin		PalaGrogs	Grogs
2.534           95      Paladin         TheLastHero     Kefir_Tribe

Well, I sign up too. I haven’t been playing a lot since I reached 95. And I died away 30 millions too :( . But I think I’ll go for lvl 96 at least.

Code:
3.062		97	Paladin		PalaGrogs	 Grogs
2.534           95      Paladin          TheLastHero         Kefir_Tribe
lvl 80 worth   80      Druid              Yogi               Corax

there we go. i still have a loooong way to go. but i cant find a stormlash :confused:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High