The PvP thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here, Zhao - I want to play but I'm cooking dinner at 12:30 in the morning after coming home from work. After this, I don't know - it depends on when my girl gets home :wink2:

Murderya said:
I type in 5.62.86.226 and it says cannot connect to server.

That might be because its a hamachi game (I can't host without it). All you hafta do is go to this page, http://www.hamachi.cc/download/ and download hamachi, then join the spf networks. After that, you will be able to host as well if you couldn't already.

edit: These are the SPF networks you should join.
Diablo II SPF
Diablo II SPF 2
Diablo II SPF 3
(all the passwords are "iblamedurf" I believe)

If you don't want to mess with this stuff, then that's fine too. We'll just wait for another day to duel when a non-hamachi can host.

Still not working. I installed it and I tried to join your server in Hamachi and it said it didn't exist. Whenever I reopened diablo I had a different IP but I still cannot get in.

EDIT: I can see your game in the Hamachi window, now what?

Yeah, it's odd. I see your name on the hamachi user list, but there is a yellow circle next to your name (as opposed to everyone elses green ones) and I cannot chat to you. Your status is listed as "unreachable". Weird, and I don't know enough about hamachi to tell you what the problem is.

EDIT: I'm gonna take down my game I guess. Sorry we weren't able to connect but I'm a pretty hardcore comp n00b and can't offer any solutions. Maybe you're behind a firewall or something, I just don't know. Anyway, I'm sure one of the other, more computer literate pvp'ers will post here with the cause of the problem and maybe a way to remedy it. Hopefully we'll get to duel soon regardless.

EDIT2: I tried to join your ip address but I couldn't connect to server. :undecided:

Yeah, says you're unreachable too. I think it's because I'm using a wireless router. Think if I made a game you could join?

IP: 5.73.150.49

[EDIT]Can you get on open b.net?

If so, channel: Duel Me

As a personal rule I stay off of open b.net completely. Was there once back in 1.09 and the whole place just sickened me. I'll just wait until we can get this worked out or someone else can host for us. Patience is a virtue and I am a virtuous man.

The light is green now, anyway you can talk to me through Hemachi? I typed 2 messages to you in the little chat box.

@ Murderya- The SPF is a legit community. What you do on your own computer is your business, but you cannot join PvP or MP games to interact with legitimate players with hacked and duped gear. Did you get most of you gear from open b.net? That place was rampant with cheats back in the day and I imagine it's only gotten worse. You can't use those kind of items around here. So please, keep your "BotD" Col Blade wielding, "Enigma"-stashed, Hacked Arkaines-wearing chars out of any future multiplay. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High