The "Pass It On" Tournament

SkaMan said:
Hey guys, I'm terribly sorry to be doing this so late in the tourney when it's getting so exciting, but I'm going to have to drop out. Real life issues have come up so I'm going to have to turn my attentions elsewhere.
Drat! That's too bad, SkaMan, we'll miss you. Hope you get your RL stuff straightened out.

Sorry to see you go, Skaman. Looks like jiansonz will have his hands full for a while :cool: Now I have to win this tourny... I want that amulet :jig:

Good Baal almighty! Five characters to play! :tongue:

OK, I´ll do my best, but my monitor is not at all reliable when it´s hot in the room (which it sure has been the last week!). All of a sudden, the picture gets reduced to a bright horizontal line in the center. Then I need to shut it off for 10 minutes, then it may work for hours, or for just a few minutes. The last two days have been really bad.

Hopefully I get to play a bit. Please be patient.

So now we have 3 more characters than players. Is that really a good thing?

jiansonz said:
Good Baal almighty! Five characters to play!
Quite the welcome back, eh? I can be patient, since I 'm having fun with my S/U worshipper character. Good luck with your monitor.

So now we have 3 more characters than players. Is that really a good thing?
I, for one, don't think so. I enjoyed the original theme of only playing each switchpoint once, with a different character each time. What do you think, skunkbelly? Is it time to cull the herd?

Geisha and her new partner Pratham have defeated NM Radament and made it through Halls of the Dead without much trouble, at least not after I got used to playing this duo.

Once again, the merc I could hire was not strong enough for my main merc weapon so I had to shop for another Artisan´s armor and use some amethysts. Shopping for that armor took a while. Eager to set off, I tried to give Pratham my precious:

"I can´t use that"

Crap, he lacked one lousy point in dexterity as well! I bought him a temporary weapon, a crappy Halberd. He actually levelled up during my "transport" to Sewers level 3.

This is the third character I play from Sewers to Palace.

(However, I take back what I hinted at earlier. Since I don´t do any runs, extra characters are to my benefit because it gives me extra areas to "harvest"...:badteeth: )

So thats where Geishas been :tongue: Yeah it would suck to have to keep playing the same areas, or the same area 3 times.

Jiansonz, why don't you send the chars to me (except the one you've already started), and I'll make a decision about which one to delete. Having three extras seems like too much.

I won't look at skill placements, just their WP progress... if a couple duplicate the same areas, then I'll give one of them the axe.

Alright, I´ll send Igor, Xena, Trueheart and Ravenous. My suggestion is that you don´t remove a character that is the last of their class (so a necro ar an amazon should go, no other). Also, I do not want a situation where a part of the game goes "missing", e.g. if my next character to play is already in the Spider Forest when I was expecting to play from the Palace WP.

Sorry to see you go SkaMan. I hope RL resolves itself to wellness.

For the record, I like the idea of a cull if possible, but agree with the idea that it would be wrong to remove the last of a class from the field.

In any case, I guess you won't be in a hurry to receive Pastyface anyway jiansonz. :laugh: This is good, because I've been busy this week myself and haven't played him in a while.

Anyway, GL to all.

CB

OK, I've got it worked out to a choice between two characters... jiansonz needs to check on something for me, and then he'll delete either Xena or Igor. That ought to make things a little more reasonable (jiansonz, you've got mail).

Wow, down to page 4!

Pastyface is at his switchpoint now, and ready to pass to jiansonz, I just need the e-mail address.
No really extroirdinary finds. A few belts: a nice rare with resists, Wilhelm's Pride (I like the dual leech) and Tal's Belt. My merc already has Tal's helm, if someone can find the armour maybe we could up the prize to a full Tal's set!:thumbsup:

CB

crazy_bear said:
Pastyface is at his switchpoint now, and ready to pass to jiansonz, I just need the e-mail address.

Alright, it´s
04084370 AT bredband.net

I got your PM. Please send Wightie as well. :thumbsup:

Code:
LIVING PLAYERS (IN ORDER):
Skunkbelly  		tworiversreview AT juno.com
DontFret
crazy-bear
jiansonz
jgreg7
hoop76         		[email protected]  
Belgarion

LIVING CHARACTERS (IN ORDER)
Abarr 		(Barbarian)
Pastyface 	(Necromancer)
Queenie 	(Amazon)
Ravenous 	(Druid)
Trueheart 	(Paladin)
Wightie 	(Necromancer)
Deadguy 	(Necromancer)
Geisha 		(Assassin)
SordidSorc 	(Sorceress)

OK, I've been working with jiansonz, who is in possession of several character files right now. We made the decision to delete Xena and Igor.

But now, I'm going to delete one more character... we thought Igor was still in play, but he actually was already deleted, and the file was passed to jiansonz in error. So we still have two extra characters, and three necros... unfortunately, I'm at work now, and can't recall whether Pastyface or Deadguy is the one who will get the axe. But one of them will be deleted, leaving us with a total of 7 players, and 8 characters. I'll post the corrected version tonight or tomorrow.

In the meantime, jiansonz, don't play Pastyface or Deadguy until you hear from me...

Code:
LIVING PLAYERS (IN ORDER):
Skunkbelly  		tworiversreview AT juno.com
DontFret
crazy-bear
jiansonz		04084370 AT bredband.net
jgreg7
hoop76         		[email protected]  
Belgarion

LIVING CHARACTERS (IN ORDER)
Abarr 		(Barbarian)
Pastyface 	(Necromancer)
Queenie 	(Amazon)
Ravenous 	(Druid)
Trueheart 	(Paladin)
Wightie 	(Necromancer)
Geisha 		(Assassin)
SordidSorc 	(Sorceress)

skunkbelly decided that Deadguy will live up to his name. So now we have one of each class and an extra necromancer.

I have not looked at the stats of my upcoming characters, but I have looked at where they are in the game. Because of deleted characters, they are a bit out of phase and this is something I intend to correct.

* I have played Geisha one leg (which was indentical to the leg of the two previous characters I played), to the Palace WP. I will play her one more, so I can give jgreg7 a character that has reached the Spider Forest, which will be in phase for him.

* Wightie is at the Spider Forst WP. I´ll play a normal leg for him.

* Trueheart is at upper Kurast. No problems there either.

* Ravenous is at City of the Damned. Normal leg here too.

This should being them in phase with each other. skunkbelly, if you disagree on this, protest.

EDIT: I also have Pastyface (located at the Ancients´Way WP), but it looks like I am missing Queenie, who is before Pastyface in the playing order. I sent crazy-bear a mail, asking for her.

So jgreg7, a couple of more days before Geisha is yours. :tongue: She is a fast killer but I have a long treasure hunt in the tombs to do, and my inventory is half-full of charms so there will be many selling trips.

jiansonz, I have no problem with that at all. However, since you are not required to play Geisha again, and you are doing everyone a favor by doing so, if you die while playing your second leg with Geisha, you will not be ejected from the tournament: simply delete her and move onto the next character. I think that's the fair way to handle things, since you're technically taking a risk by playing her for a second leg.

jiansonz said:
So jgreg7, a couple of more days before Geisha is yours. :tongue: She is a fast killer but I have a long treasure hunt in the tombs to do, and my inventory is half-full of charms so there will be many selling trips.
Thanks, jiansonz and skunkbelly. Things look a lot more reasonable now. I'll do my best with Geisha (and the rest) once you're through with her.

By the way, who's got SordidSorc now?

Yes I've got her...but the weather delayed me a bit in playing :sunny:

Well, I had hoped to send her on tonight, tried to get to Meph a few more times fast and then teleported right into a pack of stygian dolls - that was it :cry:
I nearly managed to open a town portal but they were way too fast and all I have left to say is...SordidSorc R.I.P.

If anybody is interested I will post her final stats or the stats before I managed to get her killed.

Good luck to all of you, I really enjoyed my first HC tourny !

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High