The "Pass It On" Tournament

DontFret said:
Passed on pastyface and am having fun with nunu...nono...oh well, thank the gawds this isnt hell difficulty yet :)

Have fun and DontFret

I got him and will be playing him very carefully through NM Diablo. Good luck with Nunu. I am looking forward to playing a sorceress (I think). Hmmm maybe I should look for a good orb!

I just received Nunu. I will not look at her until I finish with Pastyface, so Dontfret should hold on to her for a while in case something is corrupted when I try to load her.

I have finished off Diablo with Pastyface, but I did it on P1. A good necro player could play at a higher level, but I hate necromancers. After a couple close calls at P8, I played at P4 until I got to Diablo's haunt, then I wimped out. But, I am still alive to try him in the first part of Harrogath. I think I will try P8 again for a while and see how it goes.

Pastyface has been sent to Crazy Bear. Enjoy him! I was able to play P8 in the Act 5 portion (through the first two quests to the Arreat Plateau WP), but Act 4 was split between P4 and P1 (diablo!).

Wolron said:
Pastyface has been sent to Crazy Bear. Enjoy him! I was able to play P8 in the Act 5 portion (through the first two quests to the Arreat Plateau WP), but Act 4 was split between P4 and P1 (diablo!).
Pastyface received. Looks workable.

Onward!

Just passed on Sordidsorc to Belgarion. Looking forward to Geisha. Hopefully she can handle meph well enough to do a few runs.

I took Pastyface out for a bit, rescued Anya no problem. Always nice to get a Necro for doing Nilly too. So many available skills to prevent getting CE'd to death.

He's levelling nicely, he should be in good shape for when you get him SkaMan, assuming I don't screw up somewhere! :badteeth:

Change in Act 5

Warning: If you are finishing off Diablo in NM and moving on to Act 5, there was a change in the length of this section. When you move on to the beginning of Act 5, you complete the first two quests (Kill Shenk, Free the soldiers) and end at the Arreat Plateau WP. This is one WP further than the original rules specified. The intent is to even out the section's play duration.

Passed on Abarr to Skunkbelly - not to sure about his build had quite some problems later on. Hope SordidSorc will be a good build to run Meph a bit.

If I ever find out who it was who turned my beautiful Abarr into such a mess, I'll smush them like a grape.

The character I started out as a perfectly normal double-swing mace barb (odd, yes, but certainly viable) has been perverted in any number of ways. It makes me sad to see him in this state. I believe I can survive Diablo with him, and pass him along to the next player... but I certainly hope someone does him a favor and kills him before I ever see him again :cool:

I have just received Nunu. Gee Skunkbelly, it seems to me that if Abarr deserves to be put out of his misery, his creator should get the honors.:rolleyes:

I've just sent Abarr onto DontFret... he wasn't as bad as I thought he might be, but he should've been a lot better. Oh well, I survived him :cool:

Nunu is no more (Neither is wolron!)

When I received Nunu, I typed in "Players 8" and headed into the Crystal Passage. There is always a real mean group just inside the entrance a ways, and this was no exception. The merc never even took a swing before he was dead. Nunu was cut off from the entrance and had to evade the advancing hordes. Finally she ran around them and got back to the entry. Whew, she immediately exited to the Arreat Plateau and I exited diablo to reset the monsters and started over on "Players 1". That made rescuing Anya reasonably easy. Then it was time for Nehilthak. In the halls of anguish I started with P1. But it was too easy so about halfway through I switched to P2. Finished that off with no trouble so The Halls of pain were played on P3. Again, no trouble, so I switched to P4 for the Nehilthak level. I finished off the first area and there was no Nehilthak there. Started the second level and "Smack", I viper killed Nunu before I could even notice her health going down.

Well, she looked like this when she died:

Level 66
all resistances at 75 (equipment)
STR 89
DEX 40
VIT 141
ERG 145
Life 407
Mana 385
Stam 270

skills with more than one point:
Blizzard 20, Ice blast 17, Cold Mastery 4
Static Field 7
Charged Bolt 4
Meteor 4
All other skills were at 1 point except Chilling Armor, hydra and five of the lightning skills had 0 points (teleport, telekinesis and lightning master had 1).

It was fun while it lasted. Good luck to all the survivors. {Dontfret should send Abarr on to Crazybear}

Alas! RIP NuNu. Wolron, if it makes you feel better, a player in the 99-item tourny just died to the same critters. They can be quite dangerous in NM, and far worse in hell.

ALSO... I got a PM from Skaman. He's still with us, and should be passing along a character soon.

Just refreshing our table... DontFret, you'll now be passing characters to crazy-bear...

Code:
LIVING PLAYERS (IN ORDER):
Skunkbelly  		tworiversreview AT juno.com
DontFret
crazy-bear
SkaMan    		[email protected]
jiansonz
jgreg7
hoop76         		[email protected]  
Belgarion

LIVING CHARACTERS (IN ORDER)
Abarr 		(Barbarian)
Pastyface 	(Necromancer)
Queenie 	(Amazon)
Ravenous 	(Druid)
Trueheart 	(Paladin)
Wightie 	(Necromancer)
Xena 		(Amazon)
Deadguy 	(Necromancer)
Geisha 		(Assassin)
SordidSorc 	(Sorceress)

10 characters, 8 players...

R.I.P. Nunu! When I started reading your post I thought the stair trap would get you, but instead it was a lousy bug! :sad2:

skunkbelly said:
10 characters, 8 players...
One of each character type still remains. Neat!

jgreg7 said:
R.I.P. Nunu! When I started reading your post I thought the stair trap would get you, but instead it was a lousy bug! :sad2:

One of each character type still remains. Neat!

Yes... it's getting interesting. At this point, losing any character other than a necro or amazon means we lose a class. It'll be fun to see if we wind up with three necros at the end...

RIP Nunu. That is a horrible way to go. There is something about Nilly's area that makes me just not want to go there. Plus, I really wanted a sorc for getting to Baal a few times. :laugh:
Oh well. Here's hoping Abarr will be Ok.
Glad to hear SkaMan is still with us. I will be sending Pastyface on soon. He has survived Nilhitak and I still have to take him through to the Ancients Way WP, but there are no quests to do now before ancients.

PM replied to DontFret

Hey guys, I'm terribly sorry to be doing this so late in the tourney when it's getting so exciting, but I'm going to have to drop out. Real life issues have come up so I'm going to have to turn my attentions elsewhere. The characters that I was still working/going to work on have been passed to jianzonz (Geisha, Igor, Xena, Trueheart, Ravenous). I'm sorry I didn't make it back to Trueheart (who I started) too :grin:

So, again my apologies, but I'd like to make up for it by offering up the tals ammy that I found earlier in the tourney to the winner. It was found in the tourney, hence is 1.11b vanilla HC. I haven't used it (already had a HC one), so it's clean for whoever wins it... Goodluck to all, and thanks skunk for organising this shindig, it was a real blast :thumbsup:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High