The Ancients make Patriarch

Re: The Ancients make Patriarch

Congrats on the Pats guys, good work! Very cool project indeed - well executed as well as depicted!
+1 on the awesomeness!

/gedda

Next one to mention ethereal-status gets one night in the sleeping bag with Mr. Talic. Believe it.

lionshare said:
Run out of original builds eh Liq
I eat originality for breakfast. (And if I’m feeling like a real fatty, I’ll douse it in creativity and smother it in style before consumption.)

SimbaTheBrave said:
No freebies this time?
For you, anything.

IpsyTipsy said:
I'd like to see some recorded duels if someone is planning on doing that
I’d like that too, but alas, none of the Ancients have fraps so we’d hafta rely on others to do it. (And if there’s one thing I’ve learned in my time on this planet, is that you never rely on others for anything.)

Pijustaminute said:
What was Madawc's real throw damage?
I tried to figure the real damage out for you guys and it’s a far cry from the 23K that the LCS can display. I think this is a decent ballpark number of actual pwn.
46.28% chance to hit for double damage factored into parentheses:
502 to 6150 (734 to 8996)
737 to 6955 (1078 to 10173)
But it will obviously be higher against demons thanks to Laying of Hands.

bass said:
Remember me to nomine this to SPF awards 2010!
This thread is so sweet that it’s not even confined to 2009? Thanks bassen, I’ll blow you a kiss from the winner’s circle if I’m still around (and I will be).
__
Hey Ray, where ya at? The people are getting’ antsy in their pantsy to see your skill allocation. At least make an appearance to give the mob what they want (an explanation of your axe combo and a polite curtsy).

Sorry Liq, been busy with work! My guy was a typical WW barb:

20 WW
20 Mastery
20 BO
18 Battle Command
10 Natural Resist

I don't know why I didn't go with Sword/Shield....the planning phase always had me using 2 axes...Perhaps I can switch to the sword/shield combo for the battles this weekend, if my stats allow it.

I meant to ask how did it come to be that you three got together to make these characters?

Ray and I are capable of hosting games and have been longtime D2 friends, so we talk a good deal on MSN. I know Zylo in RL and also chat w/ him on MSN. I wanted a team project so these guys were at the top of my list to ask, and they both agreed quickly, bringing a bucket of enthusiasm with them. If I had 4 more friends just like them, I probably would have been posting a 7-char (all D2 class) p/mat thread instead.

Thats pretty cool. I got to make more friends on here i got a pally that needs a pal lol

True to our Ancient word, we accepted all challenges today on the mountaintop, and several contenders stepped up to meet us head on.

There was much fun on both sides, but in the end the Ancients succumbed to the power of the team (though there was no recorded loss against a lone challenger in a 3v1). These characters played about how you’d expect for PvM-oriented builds and gear, and certain opponents (namely sorcs) were complete murder on them, but it was fun regardless, and I always swelled with pride whenever Korlic actually connected with a Leap Attack. Thanks for trying your luck against us and I hope everyone had a good time, and those that didn’t join had fun with the thread and these final screenshots.

Was caught up in some work and came to the game too late! It looks like everyone had a great time. :thumbup:

Warden: I was slain twice

Haha I luv this comment :D

(And if there’s one thing I’ve learned in my time on this planet, is that you never rely on others for anything.)

Nah just rely on really many to do the same, then the probability of it getting done incraeses dramatically.

True to our Ancient word, we accepted all challenges today on the mountaintop, and several contenders stepped up to meet us head on.

There was much fun on both sides, but in the end the Ancients succumbed to the power of the team (though there was no recorded loss against a lone challenger in a 3v1). These characters played about how you’d expect for PvM-oriented builds and gear, and certain opponents (namely sorcs) were complete murder on them, but it was fun regardless, and I always swelled with pride whenever Korlic actually connected with a Leap Attack. Thanks for trying your luck against us and I hope everyone had a good time, and those that didn’t join had fun with the thread and these final screenshots.
Aw the only SS you have of me is getting owned by korlic's leap attack!:whistling: None of me getting the killing blow on two of you guys.:alright:

Was very very fun, hope you guys host another event like this. Maybe next time level up each class wearing their respective class sets?

Boy I died alot in those pictures. Usually at the loss of lots of hit points from others. And I was killed twice, I swear it lol

Good time, good times....

I'll be honest, I haven't visited the SPF in several weeks, but the first thing I did was scan the thread, looking for another LE Pat thread. Great idea, and well planned and executed!

Well done Heroes! :thumbup:

This is simply great!:thumbup: Can you be hired as a ghost writer for Guardian threads? It would make life so much easier...and funnier!

Now, just wait till I finish my Seven Samuarai Pat thread all by myself - I'll pwn you in battle!11!!!!111!!!!1:xxx:

If I had 4 more friends just like them, I probably would have been posting a 7-char (all D2 class) p/mat thread instead.
Your Profile says, you got a total of 123...bad excuse, it seems :rolleyes:

Last edited:

God damn it this write up is turning me on. Barb is my favorite class and the equip is just amazing. I absolutly love this 3x Pat thread.

Kudos guys

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High