The 1pt smiter guide to Uber Tristram v 1.0.

It's actually 56% (well, 60%) for the fastest Zeal. Yes, that setup would work very well, it might even free up your belt slot if you want and you could switch in that Trang belt you mentioned. However the character may be a little less efficient that way, I'm not sure. Personally I find that if you're going with the ED/30IAS CoA, you might as well wear a Leviathan since you're not in dire need of the 30% from a Shaft.

But it seems my mentioning of the setups have deviated the thread a bit away from the original guide :smiley:

Well It is still a zealot guide,this way people can see that they can even pvp with this build (not mine,fanatic zealots in general).

Anyway the case with your setup is obviously the weapon If you ask me. Very nice damage but the lack of ias limits you very much. Ber ber coa and 15/40 verdungos that usually take care of the damage reduction part is not an option here if you want to keep angelics on. The offensive skiller way on the other hand means you 'll have to sacrifice ar/life charms as you already know. But I bet you want to use that beauty for weapon, so to keep the discussion going,I can think of this:

20ias gloves (something like magnus yes)
30/ed Coa 15% dr
25%dr/cham levi
ber Hoz/ber Alma negra, depends whether you want damage/ar or resists.
Nosferatu belt. Ok it has slow,some leagues rule it out but it allows you to hit max speed once more,have cbf and keep your damage reduction at 48%.

In the same fashion,you can use: 30/ed coa + stormshield for max damage reduction, 20 ias gloves+nosferatu for max speed and something like Chamed eth Steel Carapace for armor. Or cham the stormshield and use a glitched prudence with high defense ,or eth zod valor, or fortitude etc. You'll make up for the loss of defense from non eth shield by getting massive defense from armor.

What do you think?

Hi, my last question before I make this, which would be better grief pb or death pb/ba? Also what should I make CoH in? I have wrym hide, but I can afford the best, thanks kingdry.

My favorite weapon for tristram (and suggestion) is Grief phase blade. When crushing blow stops to be effective it really shines. Well there isn't an absolute best for a base coh armor,but dusk shrouds and archon plates have usually the best resale value. Any coh will work,I m using an archon plate in my non ladder tristrunning zealot, for the higher defense.

but should fleshrender be viable, seeing it has CB,DS,OW? upgrade it and it might work, or is it to slow?

also, you could get a total gear for about ist+pul, as what I used to use, and I never had any problems:

Duress
Heavens light 2sock
Guill "um"
dracs
highlords
spirit shield (works very well in an elite shield) go for base resists.
gore
T-gods
raven and a resist ring.

I only died cuz of lag, and I find it very cheap. you could switch some gear for cheaper alternatives, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice killing speed for that.

EDIT: OMG 1000posts, all hail CARTMAN!:grin: :jig:

kingdryland said:
Well It is still a zealot guide,this way people can see that they can even pvp with this build (not mine,fanatic zealots in general).

Anyway the case with your setup is obviously the weapon If you ask me. Very nice damage but the lack of ias limits you very much. Ber ber coa and 15/40 verdungos that usually take care of the damage reduction part is not an option here if you want to keep angelics on. The offensive skiller way on the other hand means you 'll have to sacrifice ar/life charms as you already know. But I bet you want to use that beauty for weapon, so to keep the discussion going,I can think of this:

20ias gloves (something like magnus yes)
30/ed Coa 15% dr
25%dr/cham levi
ber Hoz/ber Alma negra, depends whether you want damage/ar or resists.
Nosferatu belt. Ok it has slow,some leagues rule it out but it allows you to hit max speed once more,have cbf and keep your damage reduction at 48%.

In the same fashion,you can use: 30/ed coa + stormshield for max damage reduction, 20 ias gloves+nosferatu for max speed and something like Chamed eth Steel Carapace for armor. Or cham the stormshield and use a glitched prudence with high defense ,or eth zod valor, or fortitude etc. You'll make up for the loss of defense from non eth shield by getting massive defense from armor.

What do you think?
I'm not much of a fan of Stormshield on Paladins, I've always felt that HoZ and even Alma are far superior. (Although HoZ's Stat bonuses, Resists, and Skills, I find, are more important than 20-55%AR and 40-75%ED.) The first setup you mentioned here would be my personal favourite choice of the few we've listed here, the only problem would be the ridiculous cost of the CoA and Leviathan. An Upped Shaft would help take care of that, with 12% or higher on the CoA, you'd reach 50% total, and wouldn't have to worry about getting two perfect items.

So my personal favourite of all the setups so far:

Eth Death BA
ED/30IAS CoA
Cham Leviathan / Cham Shaftstop
Ber (Up) HoZ
Magnus / Rare gloves with 20IAS
Nosferatu's
Gores
Angelics
AR/Life or Max/AR/Life charms.

As you said, the biggest problem here is the weapon itself lacking IAS. But it's a weapon I had that kind of sat on a mule for months. The mods on it are absolutely great - combined DS and CB make it a perfect suggestion for this build, and I'd seriously like to thank you for putting it in. I was happy to see it suggested in a guide alongside Grief.

Also, as a major point that I seem to have forgotten to mention in my previous posts, any setup with 55% or more IAS with a BA will hit the 6-frame Smite breakpoint as well.

Certainly,an upgraded shaft may even be a better option. I'm not the biggest fan of levi myself ,shaft has a healthy dose of hitpoints as well. As for Stormshield,it's the cheapest way to be effective in zeal duels in europe without burning one ber after the other (hrs cost on european server). :) Sad,when there are so nice paladin shields available.

As for Death, in a game world without dupes,it would probably be the godliest weapon. 3 lucky hellforge runs would be enough...

I just got one question, for this oustanding build. Of all the setup's for this build, I just want to know if it's also a viable build to run the DC (referring to him Diablo Clone, because the Uber is now in Tristram, for the ill informed) for Anni run's. I realize that the build in this guide HERE is older (pre 1.11) but still works according to this thread (in later pages). They just never mentioned anywhere in it (that I could see) if you could solo the Uber's with it. I actually prefer your build more (because of Smite's ITD and Uninterruptble attack). I just think it would work better for the DC too. Cause I'm gonna build a char that can do both Torch and Anni runs.

Has anyone attempted to do Anni runs with one of these 1 Smite/Zealot builds? Only makes sense, correct?

Yes ,I've scored a kill this ladder season. It will take you 10 seconds the most. DC is really really easy.

Edit: Correction to the guide,Death only in phase blade needs an effective 15% ias to hit max zeal/smite speed.

Death in a Phase Blade will speed up your attack but your Zeal damage suffers a lot, as you've noted in the guide. You're dealing less than half the damage of an Eth BA. Average damage for a PB is 33; average damage for an Eth BA is 71.

In this case, since the weapon's ideal use is simply in Uber Tristram, I think a Last Wish PB might be a better weapon for the job.

The problem with last wish is the absence of deadly strike.Like death,it is a great pvm weapon (death is good at pvp too),that needs a zerk to produce a good damage output. The lack of deadly strike makes LW pb too weak,it is a shame.

kingdryland said:
The problem with last wish is the absence of deadly strike.Like death,it is a great pvm weapon (death is good at pvp too),that needs a zerk to produce a good damage output. The lack of deadly strike makes LW pb too weak,it is a shame.
As far as I know, DS doesn't work with Smite anyway. Thus since the weapon is to be primarily used against the Ubers anyway, particularly using Smite, it's still not a bad idea.

Correct me if DS does work on Smite, or if you had intended for the weapon to be used at all times.

[exile] said:
As far as I know, DS doesn't work with Smite anyway. Thus since the weapon is to be primarily used against the Ubers anyway, particularly using Smite, it's still not a bad idea.

Correct me if DS does work on Smite, or if you had intended for the weapon to be used at all times.

afaik DS doesn't work with smite

I'm talking about zeal guys :) Deadly strike doesn't work with smite.
For uber tristram, Last wish offers all the crushing blow, all the life tap that a tristrunner needs and some resists too(from fade). You have no need for dracul's,no need fore guil face, no need for treachery...

Thx Heav.

i like stormlash for smiter weapon because i like his stats
Code:
One-Hand Damage: (10-12) To (272-320) (141-166 Avg)
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 125
Required Dexterity: 77
Durability: 65
Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
+240-300% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+50% Damage To Undead
Adds 1-473 Lightning Damage
[U]+30% Increased Attack Speed
+33% Chance of Crushing Blow[/U]
20% Chance To Cast Level 18 Tornado On Striking
[U]15% Chance To Cast Level 10 Static Field On Striking[/U]
+3-9 Lightning Absorb (varies)
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 30
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)
and uber go bye-bye < 1min

IIRC static has no use on ubers.

just want to say thx to you kingdryland for making this guide, I got inspired and made one of these myself:

grief zerk
exile eth kurast 45all res
forti 15%ed 1.25/29 AP
gore
guillaumes "um"
highlords
ravenfrost
rare ring w nice mods
LoH
anni
torch and resi and life charms

CTA + spirit on switch

He absolutely kicks so much *** it's sad to see the monsters fall like pins when striking in bowling:grin:

just wanted all to see that this build absolutely kicks but, even if you don't got the wealth of a rich boy, I'll prolly make one with cheaper gear too, and I'm sure he'll do just as good.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High