SUTC4: The "Pick Your Poison, and Pass It On!" Tournament

Re: SUTC4: The "Pick Your Poison, and Pass It On!" Tournament

I even managed to get a Crainte Vomir; though I don't think I've seen many characters who could use the bloody thing.

Act V merc?
(It would seriously ROCK if it got upgraded!)

sorry crazy_bear i have recieve Pavarti also. I meant to post both last night. Sorry about that.

Sent & received.

you left 3811 gold in the inventory - deleted that, and ready to roll.

sorry crazy_bear i have recieve Pavarti also. I meant to post both last night. Sorry about that.

No problem. It's just good to be sure to avoid any unfortunate misunderstandings like last switch.

Beedle has had quite a start to Act III. She easily has flown through the spider forest and Great Marsh, and then as far as the Flayer WP. Drops have been great so far, with a number of P Gems already cubed, shael and Fal runes and a good skiller that will be great if I get Parvati back.

Shogukusha's Grand Charm of Life
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 42
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x9fb354cf
+19 to Life
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)

I looked at the runewords using Fal, and I see that there are some good ones, but unfortunately it looks like they all need some other fairly high runes. Here's hoping. (Gloom and Lionheart are a couple of my favorites...)

CB

im thinking Parvati is going to go slow if i keep trying to go players 8. May have to lower it.

Ok [highlight]Parvati has defeated mephisto.[/highlight] Another merc dominated killing act.

Aragog received, and Elphias sent, finally!

Elphias received. At a glance, I may put all five of my attribute points into Energy. He will probably need it.

Olympia the poisonous javazon has reached Lower Kurast (but not played it yet). Progress is very easy - I just need to make sure Valk + Decoy soak up all the damage. Olympia does not have much life, so I need to proceed with caution, casting Decoy in front of me in all areas with fast meleers.

I found a Crude Maiden Javelin with +2 skills, which boosts the poison damage tremendously. A bit over 300 damage per second may not seem much, but doing that to 20 enemies at the same time is pretty effective. I´ve had quite some flashbacks; haven´t played this build since early v1.09 (my second Matriarch, actually).

Since I have chosen to use magical items, Ormus just had to give me one of the best tri-resist rings I have ever seen as Gidbinn reward. :rolleyes:

Elphias has killed NM Mephisto and is prepared to move onto his next mentor. He has considerably more energy now than he had when I received him (35 more points there). I started him at P7 and quickly backed down to P5. On Mephisto's level, P5 proved nearly impossible, so I backed him down to P1. Then, for Mephisto himself, I went back to P5. However, I am not sure that M was spawned at P1 or P5. I switched after clearly out the outer room where all those Council members and ghoul lords were, but M seemed a little bit too easy for P5. In any case, the deed is done.

Set and uniques found in Act 3 are:

Shaftstop armor (that is a nice one!)
two Bone snaps
Sigon's boots
Maelstrom yew wand
A few other items not worth mentioning.

Severus is rolling along ok, if a little slow. He didn't have much/any of an attack when I got him (20 points in Fire Golem :tongue:), and the merc's Insight Poleaxe is noticeably slower than it was in Act2. I'm working on building an attack (Bone Spear), but it would be nice to receive a character that can kill on its own when I get my hands on him :grin:. He also didn't have a whole lot of strength or vita, or even dexterity, for that matter. I'm working on that too.

He's found a couple of decent things, including an Amn, rare gloves with decent cold and lightning resists (will be nice if I make it to Hell), and a gambled Chromatic amulet (holding onto for the personalization quest, in case nothing better comes up). Most of the act so far was on /players5, but I wanted extra drops & pops from LK and the Bazaar, so I bumped it up to /p7. He'll stick with that before dropping down (probably to /p1) for later in the act.

The boost in LK seems to have paid off already:

Shimmering Small Charm of the Glacier
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 25
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x6a3cbfe3
All Resistances +5
Adds 3-5 cold damage over 1 seconds

... I really wish I could find an ethereal Partizan - the Insight Poleaxe has fairly low damage, and I've got the runes to make another Insight or Honor now (if I can luck into 4 or 5 sockets).

Severus is rolling along ok, if a little slow. He didn't have much/any of an attack when I got him (20 points in Fire Golem :tongue:)

That means 450 fire damage per hit - not too shabby, I think. Maybe you can use Lower Resist as well?

gambled Chromatic amulet (holding onto for the personalization quest, in case nothing better comes up).

Be aware that rings and amulets can not be personalized.

Shimmering Small Charm of the Glacier
All Resistances +5
Adds 3-5 cold damage over 1 seconds

Sweet! :thumbsup:

Olympia the PJ amazon moves on at a steady pace. I faced two monster packs that were troublesome: Extra Strong Extra Fast Thrashers (Valkyrie was occupied elsewhere, and Decoy did not last long against these brutes) and a Champ pack of Sextons. I almost went to town to equip a weapon 'of the Bear' to separate them, but eventually I managed to kill them without it.

So far, I like my decision of using a Skystrike-wielding fire rogue. Since I have two (castable) tanks already, leaving out a melee merc reduces the risk of confusing and potentially dangerous 2-front (or even 3-front) fighting situations.

Heh, that makes 3 out of 4 main merc types I have used in the tournament. We´ll see if I can fit in an Iron Wolf somewhere down the road. :wink3:

Time to do my favourite area in the entire game - the Kurast Sewers.

I don't know if LR will help a lot - without it the Golem is still slow as molasses on killing things (about the same speed as my level7 BoneSpear, and about 1/10th the speed of the merc). I've been using Decrep instead of LR because I have such low life and FRW that getting swarmed is a very bad thing (melee flayers can remove 1/6th of my life without Decrep, and those guys are wimps).

And thanks for the reminder about the personalization. I guess that means if I don't find something before the end of the difficulty, I'll try to shop a <resistance> belt of the Whale (or Jewelers <armor> of the Whale to stuff some Rals & Orts in), since both of those current options could use a serious upgrade before Hell. Also, there's always the hope that a Lum will drop from Hellforge (Smoke)... but I'm getting ahead of myself.

:jig: Olympia the PJ amazon survived all the temples. :jig:

Yes, I was actually quite concerned about them. Although her blocking is maxed, she only has ~400 life and bad hit recovery. Getting dumped right into a nasty boss pack would have been very dangerous. I lucked out - only one temple where we met monsters right away, and then it was just a 4-pack or regular Flesh Hunters.

It will be a while (at least until sunday) before I have the time for the last marathon leg; the one that starts from the Travincal WP. It usually takes me around 4 hours.

I had much more time than I thought I´d have today, so:

[Highlight]Olympia has reached Pandemonium Fortress[/Highlight]

Just a reminder: Wendesday is switch day. Please post on or before then.

I had nothing better to do so I checked all the posts since the last switch. The four contestants who posted that they are done with act 3 are:

Wolron:rolleyes:
Erimatbrad
hoop76
Jiansonz

Quirrel is waiting to cross the causeway into Travincal. He's found all of Khalim's bits along the way, but hasn't cleared the Great Marsh yet. That will just mean some extra items and exp. if I get enough time. The going has been slow since I don't have much of a weapon for myself or the merc, but he'll finish on time.

mv

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High