02 NacRuno		nac.runo86 AT gmail.com		Vitality	White
03 purplelocust		purple_locust AT yahoo.com	Vitality	White
04 poops		apr25_1976 @ yahoo.com		Vit		Rare
05 Wolron		wolronATattDOTnet		Energy		SUC
06 jiansonz		04084370 at bredband.net	Strength	Magic
07 midnightvultur	scottDOTbriggsATgmail.com	Dex		Rare
08 Hoop76		bhoop23 at yahoo.com		Strength	S/U/C
09 crazy_bear		flyingplatypus30 ATyahoo.ca	Strength	Rare
10 Soepgroente		soepgroenteATgmailDOTcom	Energy		SUC(K)
11 WestXylophone	WestXylophoneATgmailDOTcom	Strength	Magic
12 erimatbrad		matola1338(at)gmail(dot)com	Vitality	Rare

Re: SUTC4: The "Pick Your Poison, and Pass It On!" Tournament

Severus sent to Soep.

Teddy received and he looks ridiculously better than the state I left him in....

Cedric sent, and Elphias received.

Quirrell has defeated Andariel and been sent on to Jiansonz. Sorry for the delay.

All in all it was a quick trip from the outer cloister to Andy. Quirrell is reasonably built, and the Hexfire was an amazing find for him. A nice breastplate was dropped by Andy, along with a collection of rares and chippies:

Bramble Shell
Breast Plate
Defense: 131
Durability: 32 of 50
Required Strength: 30
Required Level: 27
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x1ee5a3cf
+91% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 1
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Lightning Resist +27%
Cold Resist +21%
24% Faster Hit Recovery

I have received Parvati from PurpleLocust as well, and successfully opened her. I haven't looked at her yet though, so its time to start equipping.

CB

edit: correcting poor spelling

Cedric sent

and received in working order.

... looks like he's got a pretty good mix of skills going at the moment. Not sure where I'll put additional skills (if I live that long, which doesn't look too difficult).

Good luck everyone. :wave:

[highlight]Teddy has defeated Duriel.[/highlight]

Let me tell you, you haven't lived until you've been using your level 1 meditation aura (synergized by a level 20 prayer) to help you run circles around Duriel's chamber while you pluck away at him with your level 5 Fist of Heavens.

I love unconventional, ridiculously long boss fights.

Just wanted to say sorry for the mess up. I saw the mail at the last switch and assumed everything was ok without checking that the character was attached. It has been a crazy two weeks due to work and study pressures that all combined hence me only getting to try start on the switch day. Again, sorry for dropping the ball so badly and good luck to the remaining contestants. Sorry Skunk for letting you down so much.

A very sorry Cius.

Im also sorry if there is any chance that i didnt attach the char. I was sure i did though, but maybe not.

Quirrell received - haven´t taken a loot at him yet.

[highlight]Teddy has defeated Duriel.[/highlight]

Let me tell you, you haven't lived until you've been using your level 1 meditation aura (synergized by a level 20 prayer) to help you run circles around Duriel's chamber while you pluck away at him with your level 5 Fist of Heavens.

I love unconventional, ridiculously long boss fights.

Ooo...kay.
:shocked:
:scratch:
:grin:
:wink:

So what was it like getting the Horadric Staff pieces?

So what was it like getting the Horadric Staff pieces?

That was cake -- gambled a rare pike with leech and the massive prefix, so I just sat back with fanaticism, spammed holy bolt at my merc, and let him go to town. (I did find myself thinking, 'This must be how jiansonz plays').

The same, sadly, did not work for Duriel. But, fun fact, the ~25 life prayer heals does counteract the ~8 damage the pulse from holy freeze does nicely.

@ Cius: No sweat. Life happens.

@ erimatbrad: :shocked: All I can hope is that in the brief time you played Teddy, that he did not manage to level up much...

@ Cius: No sweat. Life happens.

@ erimatbrad: :shocked: All I can hope is that in the brief time you played Teddy, that he did not manage to level up much...

All I'll say is Teddy is a much higher level than I'm used to having a character be at this stage in the game. :)

That was cake -- gambled a rare pike with leech and the massive prefix, so I just sat back with fanaticism, spammed holy bolt at my merc, and let him go to town.

The same, sadly, did not work for Duriel.

Not even with Life Tap help?

It worked pretty well for my barb merc vs Andariel. OK, my merc had 25% Crushing Blow and still needed to be resurrected a few times. I can imagine Duriel being worse (especially if the merc lacked CB).

As for character level, I am always level 60 when starting Act III NM.

Not even with Life Tap help?

As for character level, I am always level 60 when starting Act III NM.

I had no life tap, as I'm using rares, and haven't a wand with those charges. :sad2:

I also appreciate that you know what level I 'should' be, because I never know what's on the mark and what isn't.

The main reason I rushed through is I'm now intrigued with my set-using enchantress idea, if only because I think it'll fail before it starts. :jig:

Took me a while to realize that my merc is the only one of us capable of killing anything on /players8. Looks like I'm a singer. :tongue:

Radament's dead, I'm going to switch over to caster/MF focused equipment. Assuming I can keep Razan between me and FE-bosses, this should be pretty straight forward (if a little slow).

[highlight]Olympia has killed Duriel[/highlight]

Same as act 1. Played it like a summoner, casting valk and decoy while i watch the merc.

Quirrel is an amazingly soild character. Very few "wasted" skill points and the stat points are also well distributed (a little low on DEX for my taste, so my free 1 point per level-up will go there). With >1400 life and good crowd control skills, he will be very hard to kill in this act, I think.

I picked up a Might merc and decided to give him an upgraded Tannr Gorerod. Quirrel has a Life Tap wand and the Rhyme shield on the main switch, and if he needs to get his hands dirty, he has the Soulflay Dacian Falx on switch. Concentrate damage with this is something like 350-900. Berserk is a little lower, but that has been used more (against pesky Stone Skin skeleton bosses).

Progress will be safe, so I can focus on continued treasure hunting in this act. :thumbsup:

[highlight]Cedric has killed Duriel.[/highlight]

All in all, it was a very uneventful journey. Between Battle Orders, Warcry, Taunt, and Leap Attack (i.e. run away), he's definitely the safest character I've played so far. He's also the slowest killer of the characters I've played (he really needs a boost to his attack before Hell, imo - I spent points between WarCry and BattleOrders so he'd have a chance to make it there). One Conviction/mana-burn, triple-boss Beetle pack was about the only time where he really had to back off.

The entire act was on /players7-8, and I did full clears, including all 7 tombs. Basically, Cedric sat behind his Insight-Poleaxe wielding merc and spammed Warcry, casting Taunt to draw in any ranged attackers. After the merc killed everything (literally everything - Razan was a rockstar), Cedric would run around casting Find Item. So, with 174 MF, and full-clears, and full-horking, you'd think he would've found something nice, huh?

Nope.

Probably 20 S/U items dropped, but other than Frostburns, I foresee all of them getting sold to vendors for some gambling $$$ at some point. Not a single upgraded rare item or charm either. And I'm sure I spend 3 million gambling, and didn't get squat there either. I must say, I'm a little disappointed with the overall result of all of that patience.

... but I guess I'm still breathing, so I shouldn't complain too loudly. :grin:

Bonus Screenshot: http://www.freewebs.com/sirpoopsalot77/Screenshot348.jpg

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High