SUTC4: The "Pick Your Poison, and Pass It On!" Tournament

Re: SUTC4: The "Pick Your Poison, and Pass It On!" Tournament

[highlight]Elphias has killed Andarial[/highlight]

I still need to do my imbuing but other than that he's ready to go!

[Highlight]Kaelim* has killed Andariel.[/Highlight]

*=Teddy´s mercenary.

A Rattlecage found in the Jail made the battle a lot less painful than it would have been otherwise. As a player who usually bases his gameplay on the merc, I really appreciate that I am not restricted to magic-only items for my mercs. :azn:

Did we ever get a list of the remaining builds? I'm pretty curious about what's left out there, plus I thought that the Skunk mentioned posting all of them so that folks could maybe do some stash-cleaning.

mv

[highlight]Cedric has completed act 1.[/highlight]

I will post switches either tomorrow night or Tuesday morning.

@ midnightvulture: at the end of Normal, there were still characters remaining for every class, so there's not much to clear out of the stashes yet, alas. We'll check again once a couple more RIPs occur.

I'll try get my char done today and tomorrow. Will be running through fast though on players 1 as I have little time and have had a crazy past two weeks. Will keep you posted.

Umbridge has killed Blood Raven ... still a long way to go. I'll be doing p8 full clears as much as possible, but I'll switch to p1 at some point and head straight to Andariel. I'll be done tomorrow.

:banghead: Umbridge died trying to rush through the act to meet the deadline. Blind teleporting through dark wood landed me in the middle of a carver camp. Got surrounded by carvers and lancers and couldn't teleport out in time. I noticed that frozen armour had expired :rolleyes:

This is particularly sad (not to mention embarrassing) as she looked good for Hell and further :cry: She was level 49, had about 350 life, 200 mana, maxed blizzard, 1 pt in cold mastery, a few points in lightning and its synergies, 1 pt lightning mastery and 4 points in static field.

My apologies to those who played her in earlier acts. Good luck to those still playing and thanks SB for a fun tournament.

EDIT: More time for Wolron's Heptad tournament :tongue:

Sorry to hear about Umbridge's death! I never got a chance to play her but she sounds like a pretty sturdy character who had potential to get pretty far. Rushing is never a good plan in HC, that is for sure. I've had a few memorable HC deaths trying to run through areas as well, and at least one of them was on /players 8. I felt like a total idiot, dying when running by monsters that I had no intention of killing, and not bothering to lower the player count before doing that...

[highlight]Parvati killed Andarial[/highlight] and is ready to be sent.

Still waiting to hear updates from the following:

Cius
Jabash
orewop
soepgroente
NacRuno
crazy_bear

I will wait to post the switch order until I hear more.

I never got a new character (think I was supposed to get one from Cius). I tried to run through the Act with Ernie this morning, but got surrounded by two champ goatmen packs. I managed to kill them, using every single potion I had. Discovered I had no more TPs and decided to keep going forward instead of retreating to the waypoint. The very next group I met (bone archers, I think) killed me before I really noticed them. [highlight] Ernie is dead. [/highlight]

I'm still at the outer cloister. Work was crazy and I was away all weekend. I'll finish ASAP.

CB

I just checked my mail with Justin and there was no character attached for me to play so I am still waiting for him from Hoop76. Jabash, you should have gotten a character from orewoop I think. I sent Quirrel on to the relevant recipient two weeks back.

In a tournament that depends upon people reaching certain objectives on time (as was clearly spelled out in the rules), some of this behavior is not only ridiculous, but rude.

Here's what we're going to do...

[highlight]1. Jabash:[/highlight] you're dead. You didn't play the right character, but that's beside the point, really. This is a HC tourney, and you croaked. Valiantly played, though!

[highlight]2. orewop:[/highlight] You are disqualified for not sending a character to Jabash on schedule, and for not posting in the thread by the switch day (which was yesterday).

[highlight]3. Cius:[/highlight] You are disqualified for not even bothering to check to make sure you had your character until the switch day, which is just silly. You were supposed to be done with Justin by now, and you weren't even aware that you had never actually received him (though you posted in #610 that you had).

And now, with that bit of unpleasantness out of the way, I present to you (drum roll please)...

[highlight]The Somewhat Belated Act 1 to Act 2 NM Switches[/highlight]

1 Skunkbelly – done – send to 4
2 NacRuno – ??? – send to 2
3 purplelocust – done – send to 9
4 sirpoopsalot - done – send to 11
5 Wolron – done – send to 5
6 jiansonz – done – send to 12
7 midnightvulture – done – send to 7
8 Hoop76 – done – send to 8
9 crazy_bear – ??? – send to 6
10 Soepgroente – ??? – send to 3
11 WestXylophone – done – send to 1
12 erimatbrad – done – send to 10

The blessings of the RNG have been bestowed, and it looks like at least some of us will not have to bother with emailing characters this time... yikes.

PLEASE confirm that you have sent your character (if need be), that you have received your new character (if need be), or that you have noticed that you are replaying a character (if that is your fate). I'd like to avoid any more hassles like the ones that happened in act 1.

I just sent Parvati to crazy_bear and I await a character from Soepgroente. Good luck to all!

Edit: ugh, I just realized I'm scheduled to get Yaxley back from Soepgroente. He was one character I really didn't want to see again!

Hey! I get Teddy back! And he's newly improved, which leaves me all kind of opportunity to ruin him again. :evil:

Yeah, you will have 8 level-ups to play with. Or not, depending on how you tackle the situation...:rolleyes:

I'm ready to re-gear Kingsley and slog through Act II. He's solid, but boring. Maybe a might merc will improve things.....GL to everyone still left, that last act really thinned the ranks (one way or another).

mv

Teddy has been sent to erimatbrad.

Beedle has been sent to WestXylophone.

also, for ease of reference, here's some emails:

Code:
01 Skunkbelly		memmers4ATpeoplepcDOTcom	Strength	Rare
02 NacRuno		nac.runo86 AT gmail.com		Vitality	White
03 purplelocust		purplelocust AT yahoo.com	Vitality	White
04 poops		apr25_1976 @ yahoo.com		Vit		Rare
05 Wolron		wolronATattDOTnet		Energy		SUC
06 jiansonz		04084370 at bredband.net	Strength	Magic
07 midnightvultur	scottDOTbriggsATgmail.com	Dex		Rare
08 Hoop76		bhoop23 at yahoo.com		Strength	S/U/C
09 crazy_bear		flyingplatypus30 ATyahoo.ca	Strength	Rare
10 Soepgroente		soepgroenteATgmailDOTcom	Energy		SUC(K)
11 WestXylophone	WestXylophoneATgmailDOTcom	Strength	Magic
12 erimatbrad		matola1338(at)gmail(dot)com	Vitality	Rare

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High